main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I still dislike Ahsoka, but I always felt I was in the minority on the boards about that. There were and have always been a lot more Ahsoka fans than detractors or just people who are like "meh" like me.

It's not like I hate her, but I could never empathize with her. She was introduced as a character who was already mostly evolved. She didn't have any personal weaknesses to deal with. Which is fine, there are often protagonists in kids' shows that lack flaws because the creators want someone for kids to look up to and have qualities to emulate, and I get that that was what Filoni was going for. But she's not the kind of character I find any connection with.

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  2. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    What I believe happened in the Barriss situation is that she was originally going to be the Seventh Sister then for whatever reason they decided to turn it into a brand new character (probably because it wouldn't make much sense for her to agree to become an Inquisitor) and have since just moved on from the character and are now more concerned about finishing the stories of characters they have created since then.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    That did seem the direction for a while but Filoni can pull a few surprises out every so often (or he found my fanfic ;)).

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s funny. I felt like I was one of the last meh people about her. I used to actively dislike her until rebels season 2. I am doing a rewatch of TCW right now and she’s definitely grown on me. Enough for me to say I like her now.

however my dislike of her was never due to Ashley. I just found her annoying and didn’t get over that for 8 years.

now just because I like her now doesn’t mean I still think it wasn’t a mistake to kill her in Rebels. It actively makes me less excited for anything she appears in when again they invented literal time travel to save her. And then I go back to disliking her again.

so overall still meh on the character. But some people enjoy seeing her on Mando and Book of Boba. I don’t but I am not going to **** on their parade.

honestly the biggest surprise about the bad batch is that she hasn’t appeared there.

I think some characters are overused and she is the prime example.

anyway back to your regularly scheduled Barriss discussion.

5. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    To be honest I find the idea that she was executed during Order 66 perfectly acceptable and it makes complete sense as well. I am perfectly fine with saying that was her fate unless they decide to give us a different answer.

Watcherwithin and Noash_Retrac like this.
  6. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    That image in the comic, plus the ROTS deleted scene, I still feel it to this day. It's her fate, tragic as it is. Getting her there is part of why I created an episode (and part of it became a fanfic I wrote).

7. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Have never seen that RotS deleted scene.

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  8. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    On Blu-ray. Not really a deleted scene but a planned animated version of her death.

9. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Ahh that explains why I have never seen it. Never got the Blu-ray version and if it wasn't an actual scene it likely wouldn't be up on YouTube.

10. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    People have actually uploaded it to Youtube. Just check ROTS deleted scenes, I'm sure it'll be there.

11. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yep actually just found it. That animation was made before TCW was ever a thing correct?

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  12. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    During the production. Stass Allie was originally meant to die on Felucia but that was changed to Saleucami. But the deaths for Barriss and Luminara and near-death for Quinlan were adapted into the comic.

13. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    So what's everyone's opinion of what came of Ahsoka in the legends continuity? Regardless if season 7 is considered canon to legends or not her story is still pretty much completely open for people to come to their own conclusion. Rather it be after the season 5:finale or the season 7 finale.

14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Like I've said before, to be quite honest I just don't think the quality of the Legends material that ties into TCW outweighs the headache of trying to reconcile it when "the two Clone Wars can fit into the two different continuities" is already there. (And if I did have to, I'd rather just move the tie-ins to canon and forget FOTJ entirely.)

Reepicheep775 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    That doesn’t follow the precedent the EU followed. When the prequels came out, no one said the contradictions to stuff like the Thrawn trilogy meant the prequels shouldn’t be included in the EU canon. The fact is that there’s six years of EU with TCW. And the EU always changed to accommodate new canon

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  16. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    IIRC, there was talk about TCW's possible spin-offs even back in the days, at least about one with younglings from Season 5 as main characters. Ahsoka could have appeared in one of those shows.

17. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, but there was continuing material coming out to help reconcile them. Whereas it's a safe bet there's never going to be any new Legends material with Ahsoka.

18. Watcherwithin

Nov 9, 2017
    I don’t think that means TCW should be erased from continuity? My answer to the question is that the EU is a version where Ahsoka died during the Seige of Mandalore arc

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Before the Grogu/Kelleren Beq scene, I was in favor of having Barriss save Grogu as some kind of redemption (sacrifice or whatever). But I really rather liked their decision to have Kelleren and Jar Jar tag team to save Grogu. Which was... a really weird decision, but it worked?

I would bet hard cash that Filoni wasn't about to let Ahsoka die during the Seige of Mandalore episodes. She was too useful for telling tales between ROTS and ANH.

QuinlanSolo and darthosaka like this.
  20. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I think it should be Ahsoka in The Force Unleashed instead of Shaak-Ti.

RogueWhistler likes this.
  21. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    That's what I do, but I'm on the fence about FotJ. I know Abeloth is describes as a Mortis god, but I can pretend that there is an EU version of Mortis that doesn't include the TCW episodes. I don't love FotJ, but I enjoy parts of it enough that I want to keep it in continuity.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Didn't TFU come out before TCW and the idea of Ahsoka?

23. Watcherwithin

Nov 9, 2017
    They were being made simultaneously, so Ahsoka’s fate hadn’t been decided and they couldn’t put her in the game.

Dawud786 likes this.
  24. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I mean, though, it's not like Abeloth being the fourth Mortis god was remotely the plan at the beginning of FOTJ anyway.

25. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    The TCW movie came out exactly one month before TFU launched.

It would he so narratively satisfying if Starkiller vs Shaak-Ti were Starkiller vs Ahsoka. Vader's Apprentice vs Anakin's Apprentice is such a huge story point it's a shame it wasn't run with.

No, you don't want little kids finding out, or playing out, the death of their new POV cartoon hero. But what a missed opportunity! What a way to really put the stamp of evil on Vader! Like the last vestiges of Anakin seemingly dead with Ahsoka, killed at the hands of Vader's secret Sith apprentice. It's just too good.