main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    That makes it all the easier to handwave away. It's just some strange mythology shoehorned into the last book.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
  2. iFrankenstein

iFrankenstein Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2020
    Dead.

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    It's also based on Killik memories as well. And the Killiks are well known for integrating memories of their Joiners so the muddle is there.

Ghost and darthosaka like this.
  4. In my opinion for me Ahsoka and other TCW Original Characters Except for the Mortis Gods Never Existed in the EU/Legends Universe just like Jacen Solo or Jaina Solo Never Existed in the Disney Universe TCW Contradicts the Continuity of the Multimedia Project so both Versions of the Clone Wars cannot Coexist in the same Universe i mean how can you explain that Even Piell is still alive in the Dark Times in Legends after being Burned in Lava in TCW i dont want to Erase Coruscant Nights from Continuity because that Story is Connected with Ferus Olin TCW has other Contradictions such as Anakin being a Jedi Knight in 22 BBY and not in 19 BBY as he was in Multimedia Project
    There is an Explanation in Republic Comics and Outbound Flight trying to explain with Retcons the Events of the Original Thrawn Trilogy with the Prequels Gilad Pellaeon in Reality Faces the Morgukai Clones in Republic Comics

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2023
  5. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    In your opinion or head canon. But that’s never how publishing approached it. The Clone Wars was given a designation of T or TV-canon, meaning it superceded anything but the movies .

I know that there were retcons made to the Thrawn trilogy to make it fit, I don’t understand why so many fans treat The Clone Wars any differently. A proper timeline incorporating both was never established since the EU was being shut down when TCW later seasons came out. But had the EU continued The Clone Wars would have been integrated into the EU and superceded some parts of it, for example Ventress’ fate in the Republic comics might be retconned so the Ventress in that story is a clone.

Establishing a timeline where everything works wouldn’t be fundamentally different than any other retcon the EU had to do to fix an inconsistency. I don’t think Ahsoka is even that hard to fit in. It’s easy to explain why she isn’t present in some stories, there’s time she’d be studying under other Jedi or at the temple.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  6. The problem with TCW is that it has many Contradictions with the Multimedia Project if TCW had less Contradictions maybe TCW would have Fit well with the EU TCW changed how the Mandalorians are in the EU and in Republic Commando Novels Adi Gallia had a New Death in TCW i prefer TCW being Disney Canon only since with this there are less complications in both Timelines im not saying TCW is a Bad Show its just that the Show doesnt Fit well with the Multimedia Project

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2023
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think she'd have been an excellent character, if she'd been killed off like George wanted. It would've been a great culmination of a wonderfully tragic arc of Anakin’s apprentice.
    Instead Dave went in the other direction, literally having her pulled out of time so as not to kill her off and its not worked. Now she's just there all the time and its not the same, she's now also become some super uber powered person that takes any tension from whatever scene she is in as there's no danger to her. Also despite being super important, she wasn't around during the OT for well reasons.
    I honestly think Filoni didnt get what made her interesting or if he did, simply didn't care. She is his favourite character and that's that. He's tuned his own interesting character into a fan fiction Uber

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  8. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    Ashoka needs to lose a limb or two

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Preferably a head.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    OK so I did a rewatch of the Youngling Arc in Season 5 and its actually enjoyable. I remember when I first watched it and I didn't think it was that great but yeah it's good fun. David Tennant is great as the Lightsaber Droid and after playing Fallen Order, you can see the Ilum callbacks.
    The weakness of the arc is Hondo, or rather the fall out or lack of fall out from his actions that the episodes ignore. He attacked a Jedi Ship, his men tried to kill the Children amd he was going to sell Ahsoka into Slavery !
    Yet its all literally forgotten about by the next episode. Obi-wan even, rolls his eyes anda laughs it all off like it was nothing at the end.
    1 kid even states "Iv got your back" to him. Like what !! You should be completely distrustful of this guy. She even guilt trips him later by saying "Ahsoka trusted you" He was intending to sell her into slavery, why would her trust in him (which is stupid on Ahsoka's part if true) be a factor.
    The episode could have even got round that by having a line by Hondo saying to 1 of his men that it was better to fight with Ahsoka against Grievous than alone or have him realise he needed to make some sort of amends for his actions before the Jedi arrive. I don't know anything.
    All in all 7/10

Post script After a Revenge of the Sith rewatch "You fool Iv been trained in your Jedi Arts by Count Dooku" Sorry but no way does this line go With Obi-Wan fighting Grevious multiple times like he does in TCW.

WMIRTUTSF likes this.
  11. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    IMO, Hondo being so morally ambiguous is what made him such a great character. Without it he just becomes boring, like in Rebels' case.

RogueWhistler and darthosaka like this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree, keep him morally ambiguous but don't ignore the points or issues that were raised in the actual episode

Watcherwithin likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would ask whether Abeloth being locked away by the Celestials still follows? And the Ones being Celestials?

darthosaka likes this.
  14. Reepicheep775

Jul 27, 2019
    The Celestial mythology and the Ones are obscure enough that I wouldn't have any problem accepting the Ones being Celestials into my headcanon. The Ones can exist in the EU canon independently of their TCW appearances much easier than major TCW characters like Rex or Ahsoka imo.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Without making Abeloth the Mother, presumably.

16. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    TBH I was never actually the biggest fan of "the Celestials" being a unified thing in the first place...

17. Reepicheep775

Jul 27, 2019
    Nah, FotJ is in my headcanon, so all of the Celestial/Ones stuff in those books, including Abeloth being the Mother, counts. Granted, I haven't read those books in a decade, so maybe it doesn't fit as well as I think it does. :p

Either way, taking out TCW isn't without its problems. I just think including TCW creates more problems than it solves.

Sinrebirth likes this.