main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate You Forgot About Eating Pets: the 2024 US Presidential Election Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by anakinfansince1983 , Mar 21, 2024.

?

Who are you supporting for President in 2024?

1. Harris/Walz

63.9%
  2. Trump/Vance

4.2%
  3. RFK Jr/Nicole Shanahan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Claudia de la Cruz/Karina Garcia

0.7%
  5. Cornell West/Melina Abdullah

0.7%
  6. Coach Beard/Roy Kent

0.7%
  7. Meteor. Please send the meteor.

29.9%
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Didn't McGovern drop someone?

But yeah, I doubt it will happen. McCain didn't drop Palin. (Though Trump is more unpredictable, and Vance is terrible, and we all know the norms keep breaking, so I won't call it 0%.)

Ahh, Sarah Palin. The nostalgia of past GOP VP Nominees...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
  2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    I'm sure Trump just loves having all this attention on Vance and not himself. First Harris upstages him. And now Vance.

Pensivia, Juliet316 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Chosen One star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Guy likes this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I totally forgot about Eagleton.

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Huh, I did not know that. Interesting.

6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Walz is great, but there might be value in picking a moderate, instead of picking someone who can be easily attacked as "too liberal."

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    One truism of Trump - he does not like to get ****ing laughed at.
    And Vance being mocked relentlessly must feel like that somewhat

Yodaminch likes this.
  9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Speaking of mockery, George Conway’s new Anti-Psycho PAC is already running ads designed to provoke Trump:

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Time-Traveling F&G Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Apr 27, 2005
    As long as Vance continues to promise he will do everything in his power to keep Trump President/Dictator if/when he gets reelected, I doubt Trump will dump him.

12. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    If Trump loses the entire GOP and MAGA nation will blame Vance. No one will bring up the fact that it was Trump who chose him.

13. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @Yoda's_Roomate
    I f he loses, Trump won't matter anymore, and everyone will move on to some new lunatic.

Juliet316 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That's what I thought after January 6. But they are growing more cult-like and I don't think we can be confident of that.

What is more certain is the Donald Trump will have barely known JD Vance. The guy just got him coffee once or twice. A bunch of RINOs gave him his position anyway. But Donald knew right away that this guy wasn't really MAGA and also he has never even been in the same room with him at all.

15. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Didn’t he endorse him and call him JD Manwell? Or something like that?

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "It's an inside job by the deep state media. Donald only fell for it because Junior told him. They're all out to get us!"
    -MAGA, November 2024, probably

I'm sure Trump was convinced through his charisma, and their shared love of fast food buffets

[​IMG]

EDIT:

Now Trump is saying there won't be a vote again, and that he's not Christian??

Is Kamala trying the KHive Brain Worm technique on him or something?

and Bolton is equating JD Vance on Cat-Ladies is like Hillary with her Basket of Deplorables

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    If there are no scandals and no unexpected major crisis in the next three months, I think that Harris is kind of a favorite?

Her positions are generally more popular, the economy is not in exceptional trouble. Trump is a hated politician who was supposed to do his best to dodge the discussion about abortion and the role of women in society, because he'd surely lose there more than anywhere else, and he picked as VP a man who pushes for anachronistic views about family values.

He appeared to be strong just in virtue of Biden being the weakest opponent you could possibly imagine, but it seems to me that really they have nothing in their hands. The campaign seems tired to me. A low-energy campaign.

18. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Trump's running as a hero because he was shot. I like people who weren’t shot.

19. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yeah, the feeling I have -and I might be wrong- is that things like this ultimately are contigent elements, and what really matters are the fundamentals of political message and current state of the country. And Harris seems ahead in that sense.

20. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Harris is still behind in states she absolutely has to win, so in no world is she the favorite. However she does have a chance of turning it around. She had a fantastic first week mostly. JD Vance becoming an object of mockery is a nice windfall, but I don’t think it will win the election for Harris.

21. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Her campaign has just started, so I don't really trust polls to be revealing of anything.

In fact, I trust polls little in general.
    Usually the candidate with a winning narrative wins, and it seems to be Harris.
    I believe she can screw up in many ways, and we'll see how it goes with interviews and debates, but this is true for Trump as well.

22. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Watched The Boys last night. Season 4, Episode 2.
    Sounds familiar to me!

23. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    can you have a winning narrative in this cycle without winning on the economy and immigration? Biden was perplexed that he couldn't come up with an economic message that resonated with voters. I don't know whether Harris has figured it out. Harris wins on abortion and not being Trump or Biden.

One other intangible is to what extent Trump loyalists have managed to undermine free and fair elections in certain states.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Harris campaign needs to take clips from Trump in West Palm Beach last night saying ‘If you vote this year you will never have to vote again’ and blast them everywhere.

jcgoble3, Ghost, Bilbo Fett and 12 others like this.
  25. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Yeah what the hell was that? On its face more dictator on day one talk. I don't even know what project 2025 is, wink

Anyway it sounds like a campaign promise, and agreed Harris should treat it as a campaign promise.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
    jcgoble3, Ghost, blackmyron and 2 others like this.