main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    I'm in the same boat as well. I thought had more time to prepare to move, but alas forces are speeding up the process. I've got to not only pack my massive SW collection, but all my other fandom collections. And like you said I've bough stuff and need to do an inventory. Not only do I have to pack, but I have to drive it from the east coast all the way to the west...

[​IMG]

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Cross country moves are the craziest. I did that twice - from CA to Mass - the Mass to AZ. Next AZ - CO - after that...who knows...other than we really do love Maine.

Dannik Jerriko and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Have a safe move

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  4. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Yeah, moving is a lot of work. We just moved into a new house last week. We’re in the same town, but it’s still a stressful experience. There’s a spare room stacked with boxes and a long list of things still to do. I do have an office/library room now, so I’m going to see how many books I can fit in. Most of my collectibles will stay boxed for a while until I can find somewhere to display them.

I can’t imagine moving cross-country in the US. Scotland’s so small that I can drive from coast to coast in under 2 hours[face_laugh].

Good luck with the moves.

Jedi Bluth and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you're going to put things like collectables in a basement (even a finished one) make sure they are off the floor in case of flooding - or at least in waterproof containers.. And if it's a damp basement you might want to get a dehumidifier to prevent mold, etc.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Good advice. It'll depend on the house and how it's laid out. Many "basements" are more like a lower level of the house with doors that lead out to the backyard. The extra bedrooms all have high windows. Some are built into hills so the lower level really is just another story.

But my dogs will be roaming around, so for that alone I won't be putting stuff on the floor. All stuffed animals will be up out of doggy range. I'd be more worried about exploding water heaters than natural flooding. The Western US where I live is in a huge drought. We don't get the flooding like they do in Florida.

@Dannik Jerriko cross country moves in the US if you haul ass can be done in 4-5 days. I checked a lot of states in the middle of the country off of the map that I've been through with my moves. I'm down to only needing to visit 4 to hit all 50. I remember when we moved to the East coast in 94? We hit Ohio and did the craziest happy dances. Gas was .89 cents a gallon. We literally stopped at every gas station we passed and filled up all of our vehicles.

Scotland and the UK are on my list to visit. Closet I've gotten so far is flying through Heathrow. I love Outlander so I'm obsessed with the sweeping northern Highlands. I'm jealous.

I can't wait to move to CO. I'm in all of these photo groups from there and the whole state has been set ablaze with the Aspen trees showing their golden fall colors. They're surrounded by mountains that are getting their first early snow. Cool fact about Aspen trees, they're a single organism. So miles of trees you pass by are all inter connected through their root system. As such, they are some of the largest living things on the planet. Where I currently live, we're celebrating that it's finally hitting the high 80's for temperatures and no longer up in the 100's.

I've lived in the desert now for 18 years, time to head to the mountains.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  7. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Wow I don't envy you, that is a lot of moving. I'm dreading packing it up once, and done. I'm moving from Mississippi to Idaho.
    But I'm going take my collection leave me, as I always say no action figure left behind :p....

I need to do an inventory list, also related, my comic Leia BS figure arrived yesterday...
    [​IMG]

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I picked up Hera Black Series last week, I had to, Kanan could not be alone!!! :p

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got 2 boxes of Obi-Wan cereal. I love awesome SW cereal boxes.

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  10. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Okay, I have to ask does anyone have a figure displayed in their car?

I have one dash figure, although it isn't Star Wars related though....

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got a 6" Boba Fett figure sitting in my car ashtray (not a smoker so I don't use it).

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm going to need a new car, when I do I have brand new BB-8 seat covers to put in it.

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  13. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    SW Car accessories
    I've got 2x Boba Fett back seat floor mats and a Boba Fett license plate frame.
    2X front seat Darth Vader mats
    5X Star wars Fanwraps Window clings
    And a lightsaber windshield wiper cover
    R2-D2 USB Charger

My non-SW car accessories is Xena's Chakram with the Firefly ship hanging from my rear view mirror
    And the Kid Goku dash figure

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sounds awesome.

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Life is starting to return to normal. So long as our passports get here on time (grrrrrr) my sister and I are headed on a little Caribbean Cruise after Thanksgiving leaving out of New Orleans. Got my COVID booster this past weekend and flu shot.

Next year we're booked for an end of season cruise to Alaska - the hope is w/ shorter days maybe we'll see Northern Lights!

Then 2024 my sister just booked us on a Med cruise - will be a jammed pack trip w/ lots of stops around Italy and hitting Greece, Malta, Sicily, and Croatia! We have friends living in Croatia so after a couple of days in Venice we'll drive over there to visit with them for a couple of days. I'm hoping one our Naples stop that we can stop at the palace where they shot the interior scenes for Theed Palace on Naboo. Won't have time to goto Lake Como though :( When I'm on Malta I'll wave across the sea at Tunisia.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    LAJ_FETT and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  16. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Hello all, It has been a very…very long time. Hoping a few of you may remember me :)
    I remember posting in the very first Cafe…which is showing my age :)
    Hope you are all well.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yep, I remember you...hope we see more of you!

18. DaDarth

Aug 16, 2002
    Hey LAJ, Nice to see a familiar face! I think you will be seeing more of me :)
    My collecting has slowed down a lot over the years but I’ve been spending some time with my son focusing on some of the Lego sets, which has been great.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    How old is your son? if he's at least 13 he can sign up here..

20. DaDarth

Aug 16, 2002
    He is 13! Just turned in October. Wow, Two generations :)

LAJ_FETT and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  21. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Hello @ DaDarth pleased to meet you :)

22. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Hello @DaDarth, my name is Jedi Bluth and it is nice to meet ya...
    [​IMG]

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If he signs up here drop me a PM or an alert. I do New User Approvals and if I know I can give the the account priority.

24. DaDarth

Aug 16, 2002
    Thanks JK88 and Jedi Bluth! Nice to meet you both as well.
    Thanks LAJ, very much appreciated. He's home from school shortly, I'll let him know.

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating the holiday!