main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Con Nooga

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by mr_nightmarez, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gman666

gman666 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2007
    Hi,

My name is Greg and I am new around here. I have already got my ticket and reserved my room. Real Quick recap:

Blytheville AR
    Engineer
    From Southern Illinois
    Worked 3.5 years Toyota
    Heavy metal music

I have been in love with Star Wars since I can remember. I moved to this area 2 years ago. I am really looking forward to attending Con Nooga since my job has prevented me from going to DC for the last 6 years.

Thanks!

Greg
    gman666
    http://www.myspace.com/666gman

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Welcome, Greg! :)

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome to the boards, Greg. We'll see you at Con Nooga. In the meantime, you can join us at our local events or check out the Arkansas FanForce.

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    w00t! glad to hear you're coming, Greg! :D welcome! welcome! :)

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Karen: Yes! Dance Party is a must. I?ve also been talking to Kathy about it. We?ll tag-team her, LOL.[face_mischief]

gman666: Welcome to the boards, Greg! :D We?ll have a couple of FanForce events here in Memphis before Conooga ? you?re welcome to come on out and meet the gang. [face_peace]

6. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
  7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yep, along with our show "Them F@#%ing Puppets", and we'll be sponsoring the Main theater and Anime theater!

I've got to send Todd our logos for the Con Nooga Site!

8. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    awesome news! :cool:

9. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    My ears is burnin' for some reason... [face_thinking]

I would love to come, my fellow Lukie fangirls! I may have some news later today about a J-O-B (!) but I should be able to make it for Saturday and Sunday, at the least! :D

I will drop y'all an e-mail this weekend. :)

10. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    how cool! :) i really hope to see you there! :D

edit: good luck on the JOB bit too!

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Congrats on the new baby girl!!! It'll be great seeing you and Ryan and baby Kayleigh! :)

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Congrats on the baby! Hope everyone is doing well!

13. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Thank you! :D we're still not sure how we're gonna make it happen, but we want to show Kayleigh off and let my older girl, Glory, hang out at least one of the days at ConNooga. we'll have to see how it works out. :)

14. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Hmm...this sounds interesting...and I'm always looking for another con to attend....

I can show off my singular anime costume that I lurve so vereh vereh much. [face_love]
    But then again, hopefully by then I'll have my Durza (from Eragon) costume finished. Now that one I'd LOVE to show off. :D

I'll see if I can scrounge up the fundage for a hotel room...or maybe find someone who will let me pass out on their floor. [face_laugh] (for a fee, of course)

And if it's okay, I'd like to post about this con in my costuming forums. Maybe help get some more people to come.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

15. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Definitely! Post away! We'd love to get as much support for ConNooga as possible.

And this is a convention, after all... Finding a spot on someone's floor is almost part of the festivities! [face_dancing]

16. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    That sounds great, Grace! What anime costume do you have? :) I read your profile info--we're gonna have a published Manga artist that currently has a webcomic doing a couple of panels, figured you might find that interesting. :D

17. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm trying to plan costumes and have a few questions: [face_blush] Rocky Horror is Friday night? Then there's the anime rave dance party Saturday night? Do we need an anime costume for that? And then there's something for "mature" costumes?

18. StarBlazerM31

Jan 8, 2005
    My anime costume is Orochimaru from the anime Naruto. (I made it awl by mahself!! XP)
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/starblazerm31/Orochimaru/Result.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/starblazerm31/costumes/DSCF1120.jpg]

Ooo, nice! I'm trying to come up with a webcomic of my own, so yeah...that would be fun! ^^

19. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    hhmmm....thing is, i'm not sure we have our programming all worked out 100% (we were waiting till after D*C to see if we got any other guests/ideas to add, i believe), so I'm not sure if the RH is scheduled for Friday, but I thought it was. [face_thinking] Jeff? Todd? :p

As far as the Anime Dance Party, it's sponsored by and *in* in the Anime room, but it's all-encompassing as far as costumes go. More of a masquerade than an anime-only party (of course, Anime costumes are TEH COOL, so they are more than welcome :D). The Anime Dance is also tied in with the mature costumes--Cosplay After Dark will be part of the Dance & we plan on giving out an award to the Best Dressed (but it won't be a contest--the Directors will be moving thru the crowd and decide then announce ;)).

hope that helps! let me know if you have any others!

Grace--that's awesome! very original costume idea! i hope you can make it!

20. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, the programming still has a few things to be worked out. Mainly the times of the bands on Friday and how long into Saturday morning we want to go. We're going to have a meeting with our Programming and Special Events Directors very soon to pencil in a rough draft. I'll let you know something soon on when the RHPS is slated for. [face_mischief]

21. StarBlazerM31

Jan 8, 2005
    I posted a link to the website at the MTAC (Middle Tennessee Anime Con) forums as well as my own costuming forums; so hopefully that might help get some more people interested. :)

22. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    some of the MTAC people are actually attending and helping out!

Thanks for the linkage! we definitely want as much exposure as possible! :D

23. LadyKeira

LadyKeira Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    crap, I better get to work on my costumes.

Rocky Horror costume? What do you do for that?

Hmm, I need to talk to Sarka about an Anime costume for the dance. It's Anime dance/mature theme right? Wonder if my school girl outfit would work?

I'm so excited that all you Memphis people are coming. :)

24. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    the Dance/Rave is hosted by the Anime room/staff/freaks, but it's *not* an Anime-only costuming thing. The "Cosplay After Dark" encourages more mature costuming so people can show off their skimpy outfits or more *cough*creative*cough* costumes. ;) Your school girl outfit would do nicely, LadyK...or the kimono one as well. :)

I am SO pumped right now--we just had a staff meeting this past weekend & this is REALLY gearing up to be such a cool event! I almost want to not work so I can attend everything! :p

Did y'all see this? :)

25. LadyKeira

LadyKeira Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    that's fantastic publicity for ConNooga. Very impressive.

I'm excited. Hopefully that will bring in some more people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.