main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Concept Art-From paper to animation

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sixes, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought Saleucami was a 100x improvement in Cut and Run but this is 1000x over Innocent of Ryloth. Can't say enough about the animation.

2. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    The animation backgrounds, the lighting, the attention to detail and so on in The Bad Batch are amazingly brilliant; they blow me away each week as I watch them. They enhance the scenes unfolding in the foreground and give each place its own unique "feel" with the level of detail that is used.

The backgrounds are now something that I look forward to each week as they create that magical "Star Wars feeling" within me.

Def Trooper and Siphonophore like this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    From Rescue on Ryloth-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Watcherwithin likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    From Infested-
    [​IMG]

and a great one from War-Mantle-
    [​IMG]

5. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Farewell Tipoca-
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    From Kamino Lost, nods to the Thrawn Trilogy-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Very cool location. Reminds me of a spaced out version of Tolkien’s Dol Guldur.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Whole slew of concept art for Tales of the Jedi, here's some of my favorites-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode guides for TBB season 2 have all dropped and with them the usual slideshows of concept art. Here's some highlights-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Back half of the season is up, here's some of my favorites-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Some great ones from the last season of TBB. This one’s a standout piece.
    IMG_6172.jpeg

12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    What's old is new again-
    the-bad-batch-310-concept-art-04_b4149960.jpeg

Bor Mullet and Happy Sando like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I noticed that the animation team has also gotten considerably better at presenting cinematic compositions. The camera isn’t just zooming around or pointing at who’s talking anymore. There’s a really thoughtful and artful approach to how to frame things.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Loved this shot in the episode-
    the-bad-batch-313-concept-art-_03_8443c96b.jpeg