main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Costumes

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by jedijason8080, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    the standard rubies. I couldnt get the xl size, no one had them for the price i was willing to pay.

2. Astromech-R2

Astromech-R2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Finally had a chance to take a few pics of the Bith...

[image=http://www.mattsmusic.net/images/bith_life.jpg]

[image=http://www.mattsmusic.net/images/bith_drums.jpg]

[image=http://www.mattsmusic.net/images/bith_warhol.jpg]

3. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/DSC02669.jpg]

heres a quick pic of me costume!

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    My neck seal came in yesterday. Some of it was trimmed while watching TV. With a little luck, I'll have it done by this weekend, then it's on to Mindy's costume.

5. Aunna_Lauren

Aunna_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2006
    I really can't wait until I settle in the new place so I can dig all my stuff out.
    Everything is packed away in the storage unit in the basement at the other building.
    I can't even dig through stuff on a whim, I would have to drive over and unlock and
    search for the right box....

Actually I'm thrilled it's over there, cause now I've got it covered under renters
    insurance so if something happens it's covered....

When I get done unpacking I'd like to do that get together to piece stuff together.
    I need to make a pack for the Rebel Hoth trooper, and utility belt and gear pack for
    the Rebel Endor trooper. I'm going to do a dye bath this July for the camo, if anyone
    else wanted to do the Endor costuming let me know and we can pick a weekend to do it
    all at once.

6. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Might get a chance to put a coat of paint on my neck seal this evening...

I used a new mini speaker this weekend for my breathing and it seemed to work out well. My goal is to fit it in the grill of the mask and mount the MP3 player in the top near my batteries. Keep your fingers crossed!

7. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I got some advice on how to attach my neckseal and hope to have it added soon.

Anyone else working on anything?

8. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Neckseal done and worn at an event! I've had many compliments and am very happy!!!

9. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Agreed! Neckseal looks great and looks like it belongs there.

Starting to get things ready for next costume, found pattern and material for coat. Waiting to find out about armor.
    Also found orange fabric for "pumpkin" costume, waiting to see if this is something that can be made.

10. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks!

11. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    [face_pumpkin] Is that 100% cotton pumpkin?

12. Astromech-R2

Astromech-R2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Does anyone have advice/experience with liquid latex? The "nose" area of the bith head took a beating yesterday and needs to be reinforced before the next outing. I'm hoping I can just add some reinforcement layers to the backside.

13. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    If a friend gets back to me that I ran into this weekend, I can get you help. I've never worked with latex. Would foam work? I'm pretty sure that's what Ryan used in his Greedo.

Looked good Matt! The instrument added to the overall costume as well. I'll keep my eyes open for the hands.

14. salo

salo Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2008
    ok... noob question here...

I've been looking around for a while now and wanted to get a decent jedi costume. I've seen a couple on ebay from cosplay as well as jedi-robes.com, but, I don't know the quality and I don't want to spend the money on something I won't like. Any suggestions?

15. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I'd suggest to speak with Janice (VideoPrince). She's made a number of Jedi costumes and could help you out.

As far as pouches for the belt, I'd talk with Gil (JediXXL). He may have some contacts. We also know a seller for belts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.