main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Disney actually make a Star Wars Theme park?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by D-Ludicrous, May 8, 2013.

1. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    yeah it doesn't look like they will build a SW theme park which is sad because the SW franchise hits just about every market they could want and it easily has enough content in it to support an entire theme park.

Course part of the reason they won't build a new theme park is because of Bob Igar and his Blue Ocean philosphy. Which is easily the stupidest idea ever and I won't go into detail about it but its the reason WDW is failing hard right now. They just spent 2 billion on the new "fast pass" system and its a HUGE mistake. A mistake that might be as big as New Coke.

Well here is the Current rumor from a reliable source oh and just in case you didn't know E-ticket means a big ride like Harry Potter, Star Tours, or Space Mountain. It goes back to the days when Disneyland sold tickets for each ride based on how big the ride was.
    http://screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm#StarWarsLand

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I fully support a Star Wars-themed land and I'm just as excited as the next person about it moving forward, but when they start messing with classic attractions like The Great Movie Ride in favor of "thrill rides," that's where I draw the line. I'm sorry, but I can't get behind something like this, even if it is Star Wars. What about Lights, Motors, Action? That show has more than worn out its welcome. I've heard information that Star Wars land will be encompassing that area and portions of the Backlot Tour, but I guess there's so many rumors milling around at the moment, you don't know who to believe.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    according to what ive read Euro disney will get a large Star Wars addition in 2015 and WDW are heavily market researching their visitors on the subject

Darthsuggs likes this.
  4. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

It's looking like Carsland will get the Lights Motors Action area. I wouldn't at all be surprised if it is just mildly rethemed to that film series. As for Star Wars Land according to Jim Hill there are three possible layouts. The one he goes in depth about includes the land takeover of both Echo Lake and The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular all the way to the Backlot Express. [​IMG]

5. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    As for the Great Movie Ride, I think it needs a bit of updating, video-wise. Not new movies but better quality. It's an awesome ride.

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    This. If we can get cleaned up HD versions of classic movies on bluray, why can't they do the same for the attractions? :p

7. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    The way I see it, even if Star Wars won't get it's own theme park as of now, it will one day. If WDW really is failing hard, they'd need solid attractions, and 'Star Wars land' is that. I could care less either way, though - WDW makes me sick. It's way too commercialized, and I feel having SW as a major presence there would hurt the brand more than it would help it.

Are they really taking down that hat, though? That thing's an icon!

8. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    wait.... you don't think Star Wars isn't that commercialized?

Star Wars makes Disney look like nothing when it comes to commercialization

case in point

Darth_Pevra likes this.