main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Crazy Mike's Collecting News. Summer 2004

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by CrazyMike, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Wal Mart is now starting to carry SW figures. I have found the last 2 waves at my local store. Toys R Us
    have also been carrying the last few waves of Unleashed figures.

2. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Must check out local Walmart then. Yet mine never carries anything though.

Any word if they'll carry Clone Wars Cartoons figures?

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Those figures are only available at stores like Silver Snail Tessa. I do not believe that they will make their way into Wal Mart or Toys R Us stores...

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Drats. When I went down to the states for the Buffalo game they said that they picked theirs up at walmart.

Awelll.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I saw a few new ones at Zellers the other day as well.

They had the Wampa/Cave, C3PO/Escape Pod and Rieekan/Tactical Screen figures.

As Bruce Boa passed away just last week (did you know he was a Canadian and played for the Calgary Stampeders?), I bough the Rieekan one.

6. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    No new ones in Whitby that I know of. Though Pepper got his first glance at the unleashed series. I almost fell on the floor laughing at his reaction because these were old figs too. Guess sometimes he is oblivious to anything that isn't comic book oriented...even then I generally have to inform him of the news.

7. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey All! Been a while since I've posted here.

First, I did see the latest Unleashed at TRU, got the Clone Trooper, but they didn't have the Luke (and I don't want the sheep disguised as Chewie)

Second, I was at the East Coast Prop Party on the weekend, met up and talked with Steve Dyzmo (sp?) - One of the head guys at Master Replicas and got the skinny on most of this years product (and hints as to the next years) Got to see their version of the Sting sword - rather nice, the glowing blue effect works really well. They have 3 SW blasters coming out, as well as those mini sabres (and plans to do a lot more in the 45% scale line) and even some Helmets, plus a line of props from Aliens VS Predator, more LOTR, Shrek, Trek, Indiana Jones, Disney and a few others I can't recall.

Finally, anyone have any interest in 90% of the Star Wars action figure line? No vintage, just the 90's and up. Yeah, I'm considering selling off my figs (all but a select batch - hense the 90%) and focusing on other SW stuff. This way I get back 5 shelves.

Cheers

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Ken, It is nice to see you after so long. You may want to post in the collectors market forum if you decide to sell your Swstuff. I think I have given you access to that forum in the past. If not pm me :)

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    There are pictures of the next 3 Unleashed figures on the StarWars website. Bossk, Aalaya Secura, and a Tusken Raider. The link can be found here...

10. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Wow. The Aayla Figure looks completely incrediable!

11. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey Mike,

Yeah, I do have access to that forum. I haven't done much yet with the stuff. It's a lot of figures to deal with.

I have been liking most of the new unleashed stuff, and now that they are available at TRU, they're easier to get!

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    EPIII Product News No spoilers...

Great info from a source in the retail industry who attended an official briefing on Episode III merchandising.

Ep III Product release first week of April 05 (start saving!)

A mention of an increased focus on high-end collectables (master replicas? gentle giant?)

Licenses renewed with BK & Pepsi / Frito-Lay

This means we will be more than likely be seeing pop cans as well as Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC toys.

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hasbro has announced the official EP III preview figures:

Please scroll down to see the names if you want to be spoiled:

Sly Moore, Yarua Wookie Senator, and Pablo Jill Jedi Knight. These figures will be shipping in January 2005

More to come :)

14. Somersfilm

Somersfilm Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2002
    Has anyone found the new 12" VOTC figures ? I've found Luke, but haven't seen Boba Fett or the Stormtrooper as of yet.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I have not Curtis but I will let you know if I do.

16. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    *crosses fingers for unleashed R2*

Hey! It could happen!

17. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'm on that list as well James! ;)

18. Somersfilm

Somersfilm Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2002
    Thanks Mike, most appreciated.

As for the 'most wanted' Unleashed figure, mine would have to be Jar Jar..........being disected with a lightsaber.

Seriously though, would love to see a Han in Carbonite figure. I realize there's not much 'action' taking place when one is in "perfect hibernation", but they could make up for it with hyper-accurate detailing and a section of the wall in Jabba's Palace to hang it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.