main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah I guess that JJ was lying about that to (sarcasm). ;)

Blastaar and turnip white like this.
  2. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016

Yup - she was brilliant in that scene (and she got to showcase a really wide range so no surprise they used it for auditions).

3. Klara

Klara Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 6, 2016
  4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah, that was really nice of her.

Darkspellmaster and Klara like this.
  5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Wow! Daisy's a class act. Hopefully this erases some of the ill will being unnecessarily hurled at her earlier in the week.

6. IoJovi

IoJovi Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2016
    I love that girl.

7. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
  8. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
  9. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
  10. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Yes, her physique was most impressive in the promotion for TFA. And it looks like it's only become more so since then.

DARTH MUPPET likes this.
  11. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I love Daisy, and physical health is important. But there's little I find more annoying than fitness videos.

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  12. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    Hear,hear. Every time I see a geordie shore cast member with a fitness dvd I get a little sick in my mouth[face_sick]

13. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    I dunno it depends who is in them :p

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  14. Rimfaxe96

Rimfaxe96 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2016
    I'm quite impressed by her arms/shoulders. If my local gym wouldn't be mainly a place for guys to look for easy sex or if they'd at least not bother me while I'm trying to focus on myself I'd definitely train mine too. Ah well - gonna stick to training my legs at home then.

Also, regarding the topic Rey; I'm pretty sure she's going to get her butt whooped in the next movie. Considering her personality I also wouldn't be surprised if she had to struggle against the dark side a little. Really looking forward to how her Force powers develope too, especially if they indeed decide to make her a 'prodigy of the force'-character *yawn*.

15. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

...........So you train your legs huh.

16. Rimfaxe96

Mar 9, 2016
    Legs, belly, back,... a little bit of everything I guess. But of course without sport devices like Daisy uses in her training (and which mostly are basic equipments for gyms) it's harder to train a specific muscle group (except for legs of course - there's barely an exercise where you won't need them).

It's what I really admire about Daisy. Her role as Rey doesn't just require skill as an actress, but also fitness (although so far she hasn't had much opportunity to use her arms - really hoping for a climbing/parkour scene in the next movie... then again, stunt doubles are gonna do such scenes for her, don't they? But then what would the point of all that training be? *confused*).

17. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015

imagine if daisey was scrawny or flabby, but suddenly became ripped during her fight scenes.

18. Rimfaxe96

Mar 9, 2016
    Then she'd be able to carry Kylo off to interrogate him... [face_thinking]
    [​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
  19. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015

what i meant was that they keep her training so that when the stunt double fills in, their body types remain consistent. It'd be like Terry Crews being the stunt double for john boyega.

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  20. Rimfaxe96

Mar 9, 2016

True. Besides, from what we've seen from the documentary of the making of TFA the actors have done the duelling all themselves - and without at least some strength in your arms it won't look really good on screen. Today's GA wouldn't tolerate the 'lightsaber fights' from past trilogies anymore.

21. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Gyms are a cesspit of humanity, IMO (unless you're working off serious injuries and handicaps, and can only do so with the aid of a trainer).

Exercise outdoors as much as you can. Life's too short to spend any amount of time in sweaty, garish, creepy maximum-narcissism prisons.

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  22. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015

Hey man. If you're not into hitting the bench, thats fine, but don't make everyone who decides to strength train out to be some frat clown who's starring at himself in the mirror. Believe it or not, some people hit the gym because they want to be strong and healthy.

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  23. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I know. That's why I qualified my statement to indicate that individuals sometimes have good reason to hit the gym (even if it's just to be healthy). And of course some people are there just to be healthy, and not to act like a creep. But as an environment - as a whole ecosystem of humans - they're just not great places.

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  24. Rimfaxe96

Mar 9, 2016

Fun fact; last year I thought about joining a gym. While driving past the entrance two fellas immediately took show-off poses while winking in my direction. Nope'd the hell outta there. [face_rofl] I'll give my friend's gym a try once I'm allowed to train again (had nose surgery in February, gotta wait until April 'till I can begin again) but I'll be honest, I don't really see this going well. Plus, there are plenty of amazing videos on YouTube for workouts I can do at home.

Things are waaay more relaxed when you go swimming. In the 2 years I've went swimming I've been hit on only 1 time (and asked about my waterproof MP3 player about 5 times, lol!).

Of course, when you have personal trainers like most actors do you don't have to worry about any of this at all.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  25. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Swimming is an excellent alternative to the normal gym routine, even for strength training (if there's a public pool near you, and you're comfortable in the water). Take some water weights into the pool, head off into a corner, and you can end up just as buff as anyone in the sweat factory. And not only do you avoid the ogling and sexual advances. It's also generally far more peaceful, and far less neurotic.

Back on topic: Daisy looks great!

Darth_Voider and Rimfaxe96 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.