main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Talzin-Savage-Maul storyline should have ended with a final battle between Talzin and Sidious. After Sidious killed Talzin, Dooku could have said, "I should have known that you'd never betray me."

2. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

That's a good idea -- a good setup for ROTS.

3. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    In my headcanon Obi-Wan is Talzin's and Sidious' son.

When I remember the new canon correctly, then Maul is three years old when Sidious takes him from Dathomir after he exchanged his Sith-powers with Talzin's Nightsisters' magicks. And a bit more. Obi-Wan is three years younger than Maul. And his hair is quite reddish like that of young Palpatine. He even has that divided chin.

So the duel of fates on Naboo gets a far deeper meaning.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Interesting theory, although having given more thought to how to word what I wanted to say, what I meant to suggest was that a canon version of Mara Jade is the daughter of Palpatine and Talzin, meaning that a certain TFA character has Palpatine blood.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like we're getting a special Darth Maul cover for Marvel's Darth Vader Annual in March.

6. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    How do you know ?

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    In my headcanon Darth Maul is Talzin and Sidious' son.

Maybe they're BROTHERS. :eek: [face_beatup] :p

Sudooku likes this.
  9. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Isn't Mara Jade even younger than Luke? That would mean, Talzin is dead already according to SoD. And even when Talzin did survive, Palpy didn't seem to be in the mood to father offspring with her in that pre-Order66-time. Unless he became a rapist, what I don't assume him to be.

Anyway, what I read until now about Mara Jade was that she was Palpatine's lover. But I'm not quite sure, whether this is f- or g-canon. :lol:

BombBurro likes this.
  10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000

That would have been hilarious, since his betrayal has been written down in Sidious' day planner for years.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I would imagine Sidious going back for Dooku ensured Sidious's loyalty in Dooku's eyes and why it was a shock to him in ROTS that he so delightfully gave the order to kill him - but it was only because Sidious needed Dooku a bit longer as to why Sidious would come for Dooku and he only came out to get his hands dirty because he could not afford Talzin and Maul destroying his grand design and himself. As Maul said to Sidious sarcastically, "apprentices are so easy to come by."

It would be cool for like some kinda official yearly/monthly outline of events in which all these stories take place leading up to ROTS.

Darkslayer and darklordoftech like this.
  12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That's exactly why it would be awesome.

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like they got Maul's Death Watch rallying call and salute from The Last Starfighter movie:

[​IMG]

14. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Not sure if it's just me but it seems strange how unflinchingly loyal the Mandalorian SuperCommandos to Maul? They didn't even seem to be that loyal to Pre Vizsla.

Canyon D and Dinos4Ever like this.
  15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    What made you think that ?

rumsmuggler likes this.
  16. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm not really sure. But first off just abandoning Death Watch, but that's not really Viszla. Their loyalty to Maul is just conveyed better than to Viszla. The whole leader/team loyalty just is shown better with Maul and the SuperCommandos than with Vizsla and original Death Watch. The way Gar Saxon and Rook Kast refer to Maul, the sort of rallying speeches and the almost inspiring tone of Maul at some times just makes it seem that way I guess.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well yes they were, even despite Maul being captured they could've left him to rot but they did not. They would all fight to the death clearly in SOD for a crusade, a holy war thus bring to mind the Mandalorian crusaders of now Legends fame. Maul gave them the conquest of Mandalore and Vizsla used to kill his own men in cold-blood -that probably didn't give them much incentive. Besides Maul bested him in single combat despite Pre's efforts and various weapons. Before death Vizsla ceded Death Watch and Mandalore to Darth Maul thus he's cementing Maul as being the rightful ruler of Mandalore under Mandalorian and Death Watch tradition. The broad thing is, is that Death Watch/Mandalorians want war and galactic conquest. Visla seemed very narrow in his vision, and he led them into a sour alliance with Dooku and they were betrayed and their honor and respect tarnished by Dooku. Mandalorians have no love for the Separatists, Dooku nor the Republic and especially their ancient enemy, the Jedi Knights.

So Maul is just promoting and continuing their tradition of war and conquest , he's mechanizing and militarizing Mandalorians for all out war in SOD. SOD was a personal story even for Death Watch, with the victory or death. Maul was either kill or be killed in the story, if he lived and was successful it would've meant the end of Sidious and the Separatists and he could turn his attention to the Republic and the elimination of the Jedi. If things did not go as planned he was so determined to take Sidious with him but Talzin foresaw Maul's greater destiny and importance. His survival was the true victory not his life for the life of Sidious. So Sidious became less important and Maul more, we just do not know why within the narrative as later seasons were canceled. Was Maul building a superweapon on Mandalore? Did he have a showdown with Ahsoka and Jedi, did he stick with Death Watch after SOD? I mean there is a lot of answered stuff and its going on what two year since SOD now. It would be interesting if we get any insight on Rebels. I guess we'll have to see.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i'm having a hard time finding a TPB of this one. it's the only Comic i don't have.

19. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The Trade came out in Fall 2014. Dark Horse could only sell it until the end of the year (when the contract ended). Marvel hasn't got to releasing it.

20. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    /relevant information
    He's baaaaaack

21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    This is due for a second release, in a new art style. I want to see Marvel take the story and expand on it a bit with what Dark Horse left out from the CW scripts. Whenever Maul returns, this will be a vital piece of canon in explaining his past and future.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I hope that at some point in the future, all the remaining Clone Wars arcs get animated. A foolish hope, I know.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That's my hope as well, however unrealistic, but SOD & DD would be essential to an animated release as well.

Darkslayer and darskpine10 like this.
  24. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    I just read the Son of Dathomir Comic for my first time :) I LOVED IT

Darkslayer and Mother_Talzin like this.
  25. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Now we know that Maul survived the Clone Wars.

rumsmuggler and Erkan12 like this.