main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Dave Filoni’s Star Wars Film (It’s Heir to the Empire, folks. I know it, you know it!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 7, 2023.

1. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Why would we want to see a computerized likeness and voice instead of a breathing human thespian?

Bibliora likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  3. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    This will be an ensemble film, just like Rogue One is. And Luke will be in it, i am almost sure about that.
    So how do you make sure he does not «steal» the focus from, Ahsoka, Mando, Ezra, Sabine, Grogu etc?

- Do not want to see him as a deus ex machina tool. Showing up in the last 5 minutes saving everyone. A bit like Lando at the end of TROS. It works in Mando season 2 ending, but not a second time.

- Lots of fans want Luke to have a family, a Mara Jade type of woman and children. Well, then the film require that you explain and show their relationship - and there is no time for that in an ensemble film. Rogue One manages to balance multiple character archs at the same time brilliant - but only Jynn gets a 3D treatment of her family background. Then again if you just get a glimpse of Luke and his family, there will be even more questions about that and in relation to the ST.

Thats interesting though, beacuse thats where the drama potensial is. Showing Luke happy as a family man is cool and well. But not that interesting in a movie like this.

So then you end up with a cameo of Luke only - or a glorified OT 3 cameo at the backdrop of the post ROTJ events and the NP vrs Thrawn etc. This is the likely scenario i say.

Luke as a big part of the ensemble that fights together against a common enemy - will also require a recast.

Jo Lucas and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  4. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Maybe it's deliberately small so it's a convenient excuse for Thrawn and the Nightsisters not finding whatever major thing it is. :)

rocknroll41 likes this.
  5. Othini

Dec 6, 2012
    Personally i hope someone takes out those witches/ Nightsisters long before we reach the Filoni film. And please no witch cackling death cliche.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  6. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh the Witches will be one of the main villains in Filoni's movie

rocknroll41 likes this.
  7. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Good point!

8. Othini

Dec 6, 2012
    Well, i can live with that then - but still: No Palpy type cackling when they die please :p

Edit: Just to specify that i was not a huge fan of their design, voices and partly cliche Witch act in Ahsoka. I still like the concept of the Nightsisters in general and promising lore expansion they could bring.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    Bibliora and Sarge like this.
  9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Only Plalpy dies cackling in this universe

Bibliora and Othini like this.
  10. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I sure didn't notice. It was mentioned on the board so I rewatched a couple of times before I "got" it. Far more ominous than the statues of the Father and Son.

Riv_Shiel and Ghost like this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It’s also similar to the light above the building in the Mortis episode arc

rocknroll41 likes this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Would this be OK?

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, Riv_Shiel and Othini like this.
  13. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Intereting. My take is it’s more like a warning beacon for the witches. They want off the planet and out of that entire galaxy because of whatever power Baylan is looking for. It’s not their friend.

I look forward to finding out.

They have to have a big time Force powerful threat that keeps Luke occupied. Someone or some
    Group more powerful and dangerous than a ship full of Dark Troopers.

Kylo Ren was never that in The Force Awakens.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    Othini likes this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I’m also glad we finally have live-action Nightsisters.

I always enjoyed the concept art for a female dark sider as Sarth Sidious’s PR apprentice, before Maul and then Dooku were finalized instead. That concept art was later used for the Nightsisters in TCW. It’s finally coming full-circle.

15. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I am not sure what to hope here. Of course it would be cool to have a 200 Million big event movie take on Ahsoka and Mandalorian teaming up … with Nightsisters, Thrawn and yeah … D&D Morris for christs sake … but … giving the viewership of Ahsoka atm I am not sure if you should make a movie that makes the TV shows essential watching beforehand. It sounds like the kind of movie that limits it’s viewership before it even gets off the ground.

So a part of me hopes is that all kind of things will be resolved in Season 2 and the Filoni movie finds a way to be approachable to a broad audience. Just to make sure it isn’t the end of the Filoni era.

16. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't know why anyone would doubt that the movie will be approachable for newcomers. Star Wars movies always are.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  17. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I can only speak for myself, but there's a big difference between Luke Skywalker appearing alongside brand new characters that I have no investment in (like in the ST), and him appearing alongside pre-established characters that I already love (like what might happen in this movie). Luke's presence is only distracting in the first scenario.

18. Othini

Dec 6, 2012
    I do understand that. You could argue that he has already been established to know some of these characters ( Grogu , Ahsoka and Din Djarin), from 2, 3 episodes of the tv series. I would also prefer to have no Luke in this film ( or just a tiny cameo), but i think they will use him because of the huge promo value for the film. And i think Filoni is able to write something good for him. Darth Vader only needed 5 minutes of screen time in Rogue One and everyone was drooling.

19. PolymerSkywalker

PolymerSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2023
    Luke Skywalker is Star Wars or the Skywalker blood line more specifically. Nothing will move the needle as much as the real master Jedi Luke Skywalker back on the big screen.

Not the let me “subvert your expectations” Rian Johnson version, but the real Luke.

The only reason they won’t bring Luke back in this is if they just don’t want to make more money. The OT fan base has mostly walked away due to how their hero’s were deconstructed in the Disney ST. If you want them back, you have to respect Luke, Han, Leia, and Chewy. It’s really that simple.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It was a good 5 minutes.

21. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    A pretty incredible 5 minutes indeed!

Vader is unquestionably one of the best villains every created in cinematic history.

cwustudent and Sarge like this.
  22. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Eh, he's alright.

23. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    Vader being such a great villain is why I still say Kylo was a foolish idea. Kylo ended up coming across as a dollar general version of Vader. One of the biggest issues of the ST was the lack a viable villain. They decided to bring back Palpatine as a way of addressing this, which was a foolish decision also IMHO.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Kylo Ren was always the Vader fanboy. He was never meant to be the main villain hence Snoke and Palpatine.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to head you off at the pass, and remind you that this isn't the thread or forum to air your grievances with the ST. That's what the ST forum is for.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023