main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge 2015 Updated Index 2014 Diary winner announced

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Nothing wrong with a "found documents" style. That's what I used for mine.

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    That was the first question I asked for my first diary. There is no limit on the entry it can be short or long, doesn't really matter. It has to be in an I format.

It's meant to be a single person but there was one diary I remember a couple of years ago, where Mara Jade Skywalker and Mirax Horn took turns entering something in and the other would read it and make a comment on what she just read from the other's point of view. That was a fun read.

It can be done but as long as they can read each other's entry then it's fine. They have to be able to share the diary entries..

As GoodWood already pointed out, it can be done if you make it clear it's one person reading someone else's diary, say have the person write his own thoughts in after reading the page on what he thought. It's an interesting idea. Make it clear on whose entry it is or it will become confusing. Please keep it clear on which character wrote the diary chapter and the person reading it. Otherwise it won't work.

Go for it if you feel you can make it work.

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I, for one, am planning to do a third instance of Artoo's diary, this time set during the Hand of Thrawn duology. It will be a way for me to 'say godbye' to the storyline we all grew to know as canon before Episode 7 comes out.

4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    *dances wildly all over the place, leaps in the air and cries with joy* I'll want to be tagged on that one, please :)

Hazel, jcgoble3 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Ditto! Tag me too! :D

Hazel likes this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    does happy dance whoohoo :D

Hazel likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jinkies! [face_dancing]

Falcon and Hazel like this.
  8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    In. I have a very chatty OC who wants a diary.

Nyota's Heart, Falcon and Goodwood like this.
  9. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Yeah, I think it's time Ky kept a diary. I'm in.

Nyota's Heart and Goodwood like this.
  10. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Someone should stop me, but I think I might be tempted to try this again. My first challenge diary floundered behind schedule -- way behind schedule -- because the OC narrator is a very conversational storyteller who has no one to talk to and thus confides in her diary. But now I'm tempted to try writing her mother Elena's diary starting after Endor. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elena_Shelvay: This is her; she's from the EU/Legends.) From the development that I've done so far on the other project, I get the feeling that Elena would be more of a brief note-taker -- even as the Rebel forces (aka her daughter in Sithspawn toddler mode) wreak havoc.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Squee-ing out loud. This will be the funnest year for diaries yet!!!! [face_dancing] [face_love]

Kahara and Falcon like this.
  12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'd like some input for my diary. Should i find new names for both sides of the Force or should I stick with the names I use for them in my other fan fics: Ashla and Bogden?

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lady_Misty - the ones you're using now are more familiar to your consistent readers, but they also are known to assume aliases, although to themselves (if that's the proper word) ;) they use the original actual names. [face_thinking]

Falcon likes this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    You could give them different names like sith do when they fall to the darkside, or use an alias like Nyota suggests.

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    They would have to have real names, aliases and names that others have given them over the years. Not to mention when they get arrested for public intoxication Coruscant's Security heads might not be amused if they think that they are being made fun of. 'So her name is Ashla and your name is Bogden? Are you so drunk you think you two are the Force? o_O Rick put these two jokers into a cell someplace until they can give correct information.'

Got any suggestions for names?

Kahara likes this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm a bit confused now.

Can you give a better example? Like giving phony names to security? Is this a fic being played off a previous one or is it brand new?

Or are they drunk and saying one is light side and the other is dark side?

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

Sorry, it was supposed to be arrested for the aforementioned drunken display and if I keep their names the same security thinks that two young adults/college students are a little too drunk if they think they are the Light and Dark Sides of the Force.

If I give them different names which are their real names then security won't think that they are being extra cheeky on top of everything. Of course one of them is the Dark Side so that might not go over well for the security officers.

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    ah okay, it's your diary, you can write it and use what ever name you want to use.

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I had a brilliant idea when I was still mostly asleep this morning (which is when all the best ideas happen). Are Very Secret Diaries still allowed?

20. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I guess that means what you mean by Very Secret... ;)

Falcon likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Falcon likes this.
  22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Very Secret Diaries?

I never knew they existed so can't rule it out, so go for it :D

23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'll bite: what is a "Very Secret Diary"?

Goodwood likes this.
  24. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    If I had to offer a guess, and some strange sensation compels me to, I would postulate that a Very Secret Diary might chronicle such things as one side of a whirlwind romance, or else tales of forbidden intrigues. Or perhaps something a bit more debased and full of...something.

;)

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    as long as it abides by the TOS it's fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.