main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2015 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Mar 31, 2015.

1. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013

2. ShortForceLover

Sep 30, 2013
    Jonathan,
    I will trade you my Monday 12-2 if you want and I will work your Sat 4-6 and then join you for the panel to help out as well. :)

3. ShortForceLover

Sep 30, 2013
    Ok Money sent :)

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    So once we send off the money for the ticket are we to pick it up there?

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We most likely won't get them until Thursday or Friday before the con. Last year we had someone hang out front for and hour or so and people picked them up. Information will be updated as we know who and when that will be so we can work out all the details.

We have hit the 100 ticket limit but if you haven't signed up yet still do just in case someone backs out or can't pay, etc. #101 will be the first to get an available ticket and so on. Post if you have any questions.

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Guess I better send in my money...

7. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Money sent.

I only took one shift, figuring I could go in later and pick up the second, but it's all filled in now. I'm willing to do something else that doesn't require being a member of the other groups (or being in costume).

8. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Paid. I will continue to follow for updates.:)

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Money sent!

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I just wanted to thank y'all for putting together this deal of discounted DCC tickets. That's pretty awesome of DCC to only charge us $50 for them.
    Hopefully everybody will show up for their shifts and make the SW Experience a memorable one.

Jedi Girl of Corellia likes this.
  11. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Somehow, some way Chris got that weekend off so she's coming to DCC saturday and we are staying down there Friday and Saturday nights. Mini-Vacay!

12. Ehpik

Ehpik Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2013
    Sadly, I'll be missing this years DCC. :(

13. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    I thought the tickets were $50?

I second the thanks for making these tickets available. I would request in the future to start the sign up process earlier, so that people aren't shut-out if somehow they miss the deadline or come in too late to get one of the 100 spots. For example, the 3-day passes were already sold out by the time we could sign up. At that point it was sign up or don't go. (or pay for three 1-day passes).

I'm still looking for a second RMFF shift if someone wants to swap out to one of the other groups maybe?

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    None of the shifts are costume required. We have the Green Screen that needs some love and we just have 4 people back out so some shift became available.
    2 shifts is the MINIMUM that need to be signed up for and worked to get this deal and be eligible next year. There will be sign up sheets to sign off that you worked and for every shift you work, signed up or not your name will be put into a hat for great prizes. I know this is a thankless job and it takes a lot of work to pull it off and that's just a small way to say thanks.

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Nerfherders there are 2 spots open, we had several people backed out and / or confused on how the process worked. So if Mrs. Nerfherders needs a ticket, 2 shifts, that's all.

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Chatting with Anita and Erica I see no reason why we can't take donations for the prize wheel and button give-aways to go toward the MAW auction. What do you guys think?

We can NOT sell anything at the table, all money we bring in has to go to donations, just a reminder.

Next tip would be, no matter what table you're working, don't let Joe Public touch any props if it's not your personal item. Lots of time and money goes into making these and it would be terrible if something happened to it under your watch. Besides it getting damaged there's germs, lice, bed bugs, who knows what trying on someone else's helmet will do to it, not to mention con crud. I wouldn't let someone browse your cell phone, don't let someone where my helmet, just saying.

Nerf, yes, we could have started this sooner but unforeseen circumstances, one of them being our DCC contact went dark for months and then replaced. Jeff did the best he could with the information he had, we did put out there that passes would be $50, there would be 100 and 2 volunteer shifts would need to be worked to get the deal. At that time someone could have said "I don't think I want to take 4 hours out of my con experience to get a discount" and bought their own at that time, they were not sold out.
    A lot of work goes into this and tons of background work that nobody sees goes on to make this work. We didn't think we would even come close to hitting the 100 mark, we did super fast but I told people to keep signing up if they wanted to volunteer and we still have 3 or 4 spots because some people have backed out so we are not at the max at this point in time.

Wed is the deadline to get a tix, we made the deadline as late as we could because the sign up doc did go out later then planned.

corran_r9 and nnaydolem like this.
  17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    For those who may not know Scott M., who we sent money to for purchasing tickets, he's a great guy. If you need to find him to get your tickets, he is tall, goateed, and bald. He is the auctioneer for the R2-KT auction Sunday night, so you can see a photo of him from the side (the cover photo for the event) here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1641079646121289/

18. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    AUCTION INFO!

This info will also be at the R2-KT table adjoining the RMFF table:

Sunday, 6:00 p.m., Room 603

About the R2-KT Auction:
    • The auction was founded in 2008 by Star Wars fans of the Rocky Mountain region, inspired by the life of Katie Johnson, the young daughter of the founder of the 501st who died of cancer, and the work being done in her name via R2-KT, the Pink Imperial Droid with a Heart of Gold.
    • The auction is held annually at Denver Comic Con and was held at Starfest in 2008-2012.
    • 100% of the proceeds go directly to Make-A-Wish Colorado.
    • All of the people working the auction are volunteers, and all of our items are donated.

How the Auction Works:
    • Make-A-Wish representatives are present at the auction to process payments.
    • Acceptable Payments: Cash, Visa & Mastercard.
    • Saturday and during the day Sunday: Pick up registration forms for your bidding paddle and check out some of the items in the Star Wars Experience in the Exhibit Hall.
    • Sunday at 6 p.m., Room 603: Registration, Preview and Setup.
    • First 10 people in the door get to choose from our special paddle numbers.
    • Sunday at 6:30 p.m., Room 603: BIDDING BEGINS!
    • We'll finish when all the items have been won and paid for.

About Make-A-Wish:
    “Make-A-Wish® grants the wish of a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition in the United States and its territories, on average, every 38 minutes. We believe that a wish experience can be a game-changer. This one belief guides us. It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve.”

he-guy and SITH__CHICK like this.
  19. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm going to try to get badges for any RMFF folks from Scott on Thursday, so I'll be your person to contact Saturday AM, or whenever you are first coming down for the weekend. If you are involved with setting up, or are another group leader or something, then I'll leave it up to you to get from Scott. Hopefully this will be more convenient for all involved.

AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.
  20. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    No farmboy/Westley/dread pirate Roberts.. Inconceivable!

21. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you! I will continue to follow for further instruction. I have no clue how all this works. Also... for us noobs, is there any specific places we should park or do we just find regular parking? I may just get a ride so parking is not an issue...

22. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Regular parking. Light rail also stops directly at the Convention Center if that's a workable option for you.

23. ShortForceLover

Sep 30, 2013
    thanks He-guy can you please send me your phone number since it will be my daughter instead of me and it might be easier for her to call or text you on Sat am to see where and when to meet you she is taking my place at the 12-2 slot at the RMFF table on Sat, but would also be willing to pick it up on Thurs or Fri if that works better for you

24. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Just clarifying... singing up for shifts/sending money reserves your exhibitor pass correct? I keep seeing "sign up for shifts" and "Reserve your ticket by XXX" and just wanted to be sure.

corran_r9 likes this.
  25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Yes