main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Boba Fett die?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Sithman, May 20, 2001.

?

Did Boba Fett die?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

51.7%
  2. No

48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Er, how does Greedo shooting Han first in one movie contradict that he didn't in another? WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT? They're different movies! Then, in the same mindset...

-ANH contradicts itself again. Jabba wasn't there originally, and now he is!

-In ROTJ the sarlacc originally didn't have a beak and now it does! OMG! George! How could you so pitifully contradict yourself? *rolls eyes*

I mean, dude, those aren't *contradictions*, they're *changes*! Hello? Sorry, I found that Greedo comment extremely funny.

Oh, and thanks for Fierce for so easily discarding those points- you saved me a lot of typing. :D

[image=http://www.bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    As for the possibilty of there being two ''Boba Fetts'', doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of this thread and YOUR arguement?

MY argument isn't that whoever fell into the Sarlacc lived. MY argument was to show how the EU supporters might be right. I went a step further by explaining how everybody could be right.

To further your bogus stand that he is still living you had to make up the fact that someone else ''stole'' Fett's identity, therefore having people think he did not die.

OK, let me say this again: MY argument isn't that whoever fell into the Sarlacc lived. MY argument was to show how the EU supporters might be right. I went a step further by explaining how everybody could be right.

The things people will say to make a point is silly.

:)I was just thinking the same thing with this whole "I'm right/you're wrong" mentality. :)

The original drafts of the SW stories mean nothing, all that counts is the final product.

Which final product are you referring to? The movies, or whichever Special Edition there is? Y'know: the one that has that pesky contradiction... ;)

EDIT: For those who don't seem to remember which contradiction I'm referring to (the one that to me doesn't seem open to interpretation)

ANH: Han shoots first.
    ANH-SE: Greedo shoots first.

3. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    In EU, no, Boba didn't die. In the original scripts, yes he did. So what you said was true. From a certain point of view. Keep your point of view, and we'll keep ours. Fair?

4. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    -ANH contradicts itself again. Jabba wasn't there originally, and now he is!

Oh come on now...you're trying to tell me that you don't know the difference between a scene being added and a scene being changed? ;)

5. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    Lucas added the new scenes because they were to be there originally.

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    <<That means he likely just approved Fett being allowed to return without liking it or particularly caring.>>

Thanks CA, you just helped prove my point. GL is the final word. If he approved Boba being alive, he's alive. It doesn't matter whether or not he likes it, or even cares. If GL says it is so, it is so.

7. DarthGelatinous

DarthGelatinous Jedi Master star 2

May 15, 2001
    The question is moot. He lives only EU. It was a pretty cool escape. He's dead in OT and there will be no sequels to resurrect him or a reasonable facsimile of him.

8. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    The question is moot. He lives only EU. It was a pretty cool escape. He's dead in OT and there will be no sequels to resurrect him or a reasonable facsimile of him.

Good point DG! Still, it's good to keep the blade sharpened eh?

9. DarthGelatinous

May 15, 2001
  10. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    Hmm. Sorted, hm?

11. DarthGelatinous

May 15, 2001
  12. DARTHJEDI

DARTHJEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2001
    ''He's alive in EU, OT he's dead'' While the EU says Fett lived/lives that doesn't mean it makes sense. I don't hate the EU I just don't think they should bring back dead characters to sell books and comics. I also think it's crazy that they ''bring back to life'' a character because they say he was so popular. Then I read where some dopey author says ''I have a good idea, I'll kill off Chewbacca''(rather cheesily I might add) CHEWBACCA! Is someone that supports the EU gonna honestly say Boba Fett is more popular than Chewbacca? I'll ask this question one more time, What makes Boba Fett so freakin' special, what has he done that warrents such devotion?

13. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    "Another thing is that you never see boba die. He is sent down the throat of an animal who dont kill the prey Just digesting it.
    So there are a posibility to escape from it.
    When Han and the gang could walk around in the stomach of a animal than fly out the mouth There is a slight poibility that Boba could get out alive"

Still doesn't answer my question. If we don't see the Emperor dying(which we don't; all we see is him falling down a long shaft and then an explosion. Surely a Sith master could float down and create a fake explosion to give the illusion of death), did he really die? According to your interpretation of Boba Fett's nice little trip into the belly of the Sarlaac, Palpatine doesn't die either...

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    And Palpatine comes back 6 years later, as a clone.

But the thing is, they don't allow just anything to go into the EU. The author has to be invited to write, and they are given loose guidelines as to what they can or can't say. For example, in Zahn's first trilogy, Lucas said he couldn't bring back any characters that were killed off in the trilogy. Zahn also wanted to make C'baoth an insane clone of Obi-Wan, but Lucas No-Noed it. Zahn also couldn't delve too deeply into the Clone Wars and Old Republic politics.

15. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Those crazy EU writers, what will they think of next...

16. Darth_Kettch

Darth_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2001
    KaaShamau, do yourself a favor, never read The Crystal Star
    On second thought, that one goes for all of you :D

Edit: Grammar

17. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    I have a question. It is possible for people to let others enjoy the EU simply because they enjoy reading, or have active imaginations? I guess not. Instead you have to sit there and tell them that what they do sucks. How do all of you feel when someone tells you that Star Wars sucks? That is how the EU people feel. It's a matter of opinion. Don't call the people who like EU idiots because of a hobby. Next time an EU basher says they like something, maybe everyone should jump on their ass and tell them it sucks. Think about it.
    You can disagree, but do you have to attack people? I think not.

18. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    "<<That means he likely just approved Fett being allowed to return without liking it or particularly caring.>>

Thanks CA, you just helped prove my point. GL is the final word. If he approved Boba being alive, he's alive. It doesn't matter whether or not he likes it, or even cares. If GL says it is so, it is so."

No Karrde, you missed my point. Lucas approving Fett's 'return' doesn't mean that he's tacitly saying that Fett escaped the Sarlacc and is alive whatsoever. It simply means that he gave the writers the freedom to put Fett in Dark Empire. It doesn't mean that Fett actually is alive in Lucas's mind or anyone else's.

19. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Can anyone here say that Boba Fett is absolutely dead/alive? Think about this for a second. No one but Lucas can say that sort of stuff, and since he isn't talking, we will have to accept that the OT and the EU contradict each other sometimes.

20. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Here, here!!

21. DARTHJEDI

Apr 17, 2001
    I am sure the EU is fine reading, but I don't like them tampering with the major and minor characters of the OT. Does anyone really know if Fett is alive or dead? yes, we do. Boba was a light snack for the Sarlacc. And if you recall the Sarlacc burped, proving Fett gave it gas and indegestion. Let's forget EU vs.OT for a minute, why do guys cling to the idea that Boba Fett is alive? When clearly he is not.

22. Gonzonaut

Gonzonaut Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2000
    obviously, Boba Fett is dead. However, I voted yes because I find it insulting to the saga that the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter was killed by a blind man whose weapon was a stick in what was the most revolting piece of slapstick comedy in the saga. Viva la Fett!

23. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    I didn't read this whole thread through, but I believe Lucas once said that he disliked Boba Fett and that is why he was killed off so quickly and easily in ROTJ

24. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Where in the movie Return of the Jedi does it say Boba Fett is dead? I've watched it countless times and at no point does anyone say that Boba Fett is dead.

25. DARTHJEDI

Apr 17, 2001
    Where in ROTJ does it say Boba Fett is dead? Can you name any other people or characters that have survived a fall into the belly of the Sarlacc? C'mon, is that how weak your arguement is, that you have to say no where in ROTJ does it say Boba Fett is dead? Where in the OT does it say Chewbacca is dead, he was killed off in the EU. Give me a break. It is clear that the EU lovers are getting desperate because their arguements are getting weaker and more absurd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.