main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Did Luke bring his lightsaber onto the Death Star..

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by StartCenterEnd, Jan 22, 2020.

1. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    D'oh! What a brain fart. Revoke my Star Wars fan card forever.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    No, that's too harsh. Just for the rest of your life. ;)

3. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    I may be mistaken, but isn't this the bowcaster Chewie is using here, with those side things folded forward? Han had just handed it back to him after the cell block shooting started. It certainly isn't the standard stormtrooper rifle, is it?
    [​IMG]

4. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    It's one of these.

T-R- and Sarge like this.
  5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It's such a good thing we're not obsessive about these things. [face_tee_hee]

6. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Oh I see! My mistake. I guess I hadn't paid as much attention to the weapons in ANH as I should have! Or it could be I was influenced more by those early 1977 production stills back then.
    [​IMG]

Tosche_Station likes this.
  7. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    As a kid back then, I want to say that nobody was confused. In the original release too, Luke's blade was whiter than Ben's, and that fit with the toys where Luke's lightsaber was yellow.

Tosche_Station and SlashMan like this.
  8. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    I'm not saying most people were confused. But I've run across people who were more than once.

9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I used to think it was clear that Ben's was older and more worn because it was flickering. Turns out this was just a side effect of the older rotoscoping and was "corrected" to a more stable core with subsequent Special Editions. I also believed Luke's lightsaber was in some kind of training mode because it was nearly colorless. This was once again dismissed as an error with subsequent corrections, but it's hardly been consistent as the more detail-oriented fans will know (there was one release that turned the blade teal-colored). Judging by the different ways fans and marketing approached what they saw on screen, I'm not surprised there's been so many misconceptions and fan theories over the years.