main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Luke ever get those power converters from Tosche station?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthvader88, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    but did he ever get the power convertrs. I MUST KNOW!

2. Parallax2265

Parallax2265 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Well duuuuh! Of course he did! Why else would his lightsaber be green during the flight to Alderaan? The color was clearly converted...

And if he didn't pick them up...were they on hold? Are they still holding them? Perhaps Lando picked them up before going to Jabba's Palace...

3. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    this is what luke is thinking while getting fried by Palpatine:

" DAMn!! all this because my uncle wouldn't let me get opower converters!"

4. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    BUT DID HE EVER GET THE CONVERTERS? I MUST KNOW? I WON'T EAT UNTIL I KNOW!

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I always thought "power converters" was a cover for something else... o_O

6. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    He got them. He later uses them to convert power

7. Euphronius

Euphronius Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    I thought Palpatine's Dark Lighting converted the power for Luke, which obviated the need for him to go to Tashi station?

8. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    No the power converters are really the key to the saga. Luke uses them to convert evil Sith power to good Jedi power, that is how Vader turns back to the light side, through Luke chanelling the force through his Toshi Station power converters from Anchorhead. It's wierd how the Sith didn't know about power converters.

9. Euphronius

Euphronius Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005

I think you are mistakenly refering to the BLUE power converters. The power converters in Toshi Station were the GREEN kind, which have not that function.

10. Hiawatha

Hiawatha Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    Well, you might save the world without any major drawback, but saving an entire galaxy is no walk in the park - you do have to sacrifice beloved ones. Such as power converters...
    Oh, and Euphronius - the power converters at Toshi station were actually of the really fancy sort: striped blue AND green.

11. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    this is a plothole!

12. shadowplay_80

shadowplay_80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2001
    This is just as good as the "Is my Jar-Jar coloring book canon?" thread!

I bet Luke forgot about them until it was too late. He was so busy thinking about the future, the horizon, that his mind wasn't on where he was or what he was doing.
    During the course of Empire, Palpatine bought up ALL the power converters.
    That's why the 2nd Death Star is more powerful than the 1st. It could much more efficiently convert power.
    Luke very nearly doomed the rebellion with his forgetfulness.

13. Tatooine_92

Tatooine_92 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    All right, all right. I'm working on a private (as in, y'all will never see it) fan story, in which Luke (now being several years older than at the time of ANH), heads off in search of his long forgotten power convertors.

But if you want to stay out of fan fic, remember he was on Tatooine for who knows how long working on rescuing Han, building a new lightsaber, etc. So, he probably had time to pick up those power converters then. Although, what pray tell would he do with them now?

14. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    It wasn't about power converters at all. He was just using that as a cover to go hang out with his buddies and Owen knew it.

15. Greedo_forever

Greedo_forever Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2005
    G'AH~!

Movie is RUINED! Curses! WHYY?!?!?! :_|

16. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    His failure to pick up the power converters is the true tragedy of the Star Wars saga, screw this Vader crap.

Rick McCallum loves you!

17. Master_Kenobi1138

Master_Kenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Luke realy considers Camie, Fixer, Deak, and Windy his friends? Thats just sad.

18. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    They are, except for Fixer and Camie, who are very derisive towrads him. And don;t forget Tank.

19. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    This is a scene that George Lucas should insert into the next Super Ultra Star Wars Edition.

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    You might be confusing the movie and the Star Wars Radio Drama.

21. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    i hope George answers this for us. this is truly the tradegy of the Sage. Screw Vader and luke.

22. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    the power converters were a critical part to the story. luke was going to buy power converters so he could take them apart and use the parts to make a power converter that could convert mass directly into energy with no waste product so he could solve the universe's energy problem. his uncle ruined the whole thing though by saying "you can waste time with your friends when your chores are done." ultimately this event leads to luke not becoming universally famous and the whole story falls apart from there.

23. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Han actually gives him some after they blow up the Death Star. He used his reward money to buy them.

"Great shooting kid, that was one in a million! Here, have some power converters."

24. GaryGygax

GaryGygax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    If you need to pick up some power converters, no need to go all the way to Toshi Station at Anchorhead, just click here and have your credit card ready:
    Power Converters
    They even deliver. Too bad Luke didn't know this, he could have saved a lot of lives and freed the galaxy from oppression much sooner.

25. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Well, the Star Wars Gangsta Rap is very helpful during these times...[face_not_talking]
    Luke: Uncle Owen, I know I'm on probation. I cleaned the droids; can I go to T-osche Station? I've got a layaway on a power converter, but now you're treatin' me like a scruffy nerf-herder.
    [face_peace]
    Peace In.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.