main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I would think the stories of a talking Grogu, a young Padawan who wields a lightsaber, yet is still an adolescent and getting himself into trouble would be just as adorable as baby Grogu. It's all in the execution obviously. Grogu could have a Pixar vibe if they go that direction.

2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    They have a goldmine in Grogu, in fact, with the possibility of portraying him at various periods in his life.

And as @Bor Mullet observed, Star Wars fans have enjoyed seeing Yoda in movies and TV, so why not an older Grogu?

An adolescent Grogu could be as huge as baby Grogu, or bigger, if done well.

Sproj, Bor Mullet and cwustudent like this.
  3. Telstar

Telstar Jedi Padawan

Feb 13, 2022
    Maybe Yoda was a toddler teaching other children at 100. [face_laugh] I don’t mind admitting that I am biased at wanting Grogu to remain an adorable infant. There is also so much back story that can be explored with him; 50 years of what he’s been up to.

4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    As cute as that would be lets develop Grogu more then cute faktor and big merch machine. He needs to become his own character, like Master Yoda is. Bad Batch, Kenobi, Lando, Andor and any show between ROTS and Mandalorian can have Grogu be the adorable baby.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  5. Telstar

Telstar Jedi Padawan

Feb 13, 2022
    I would love to see Grogu become a healer. It seems to me that most of Star Wars has glamorized the most violent characters. We see the Jedi, but they are busy hacking apart other creatures; the focus of the force has been shown as aggression toward others. Kids (and adults) want to see that action and fighting. That’s why I didn’t want to see Grogu become one. Let’s see a force healer and protector; unconnected to the Jedi. ( I am only speaking from the Star Wars that I have seen, and freely admit that I may have missed other aspects of the Jedi). Grogu already has a personality; he’s observant, mischievous, caring, curious. I’d hate to see this little guy go down the same road with a light saber as all the others.

6. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    All jedi have lightsabers even the healers of the jedi order. And even force users trained have lightsabers. Its part of the jedi religion.

7. Telstar

Telstar Jedi Padawan

Feb 13, 2022
    Ah. Okay. I didn’t know that.

8. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    But it is meant to only be used as defence and never attack. The jedi during the PT trilogy had lost their way, as we see them killing sentient life.

Sproj likes this.
  9. Grogu I Love

Grogu I Love Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2022
    This is a great thread, and I've only managed to read through about 15 of the many pages so far! Definitely a theme that I love, as Grogu has really been one of my favorite screen characters since seeing that little face come on the first time!

Personally, I feel like he's definitely got what it takes to reach a whole new market today. He certainly got to an awful lot of my family and friends -- some of whom weren't really into Star Wars before and others who had liked/seen it but weren't dedicated fans. Great analogy to Mickey Mouse!

It would be cool if he had a similar connection with animals and creatures as seen with Ezra Bridger. It's a neat way to show the use of the Force in a peaceful way and would fit with Grogu's personality. He could get friendly with those Sorgan frogs!

That's a great post, and while I agree with you about the fact that the reunion could have been a little more tender, these characters are being shaped in a realistic way by their experiences. Din has grown a lot through the episodes as well. He started as a good hunter but without much World experience, and as time goes on, he's really ended up helping a lot of bigger causes.

10. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    An interesting rumour being shared on a website that cannot be named concerning Grogu in Mando 3. A certain apocalyptic computer game springs to mind when I think about the details of this rumour. Ad Victoriam.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  11. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Not sure of what I think of this one. I assume they will pull it off though.

It will be interesting to see how the droid's mind is saved. I agree that nothing staying dead in SW is getting too frequent, but at least this time it's a droid and possibly more believable.

If it means more Taika on the show, that's a good thing.

12. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I'm very much the same. There is the serious potential of it looking abit silly and cringe-worthy. I have the utmost faith in Fav and Filoni.....but something like this, I'm not so sure.

I'm also with you - there can't be enough Taika in Star Wars. One very talented dude.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly, I think by this point the title of the show "The Mandalorian" refers to both Din and Grogu. And Boba! they're all "The Mandalorian". And whatever other Mandos pop up. But Grogu came to it via being a founding saved by Mandalorians much like Din himself.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    After seeing Grogu flip and jump and face off against giant beasts and mechanised juggernaughts the latest rumour seems somewhat of a backward step.

Generational Fan likes this.
  16. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    I had a similar sort of reaction. But I think this is inevitable since Grogu chose the way of Mandalore and not the Jedi.

Still, I'm beginning to suspect from all the rumors that Mando S3 could be a huge step in the wrong direction. After the horrible writing of Boba Fett, nothing would surprise me.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Generational Fan likes this.
  17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Something could sound silly and on paperback and great on screen.

Bor Mullet and Sproj like this.
  18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Count me as another one who does not like this rumor at all.

Though honestly I care less about the Grogus aspect than the IG-11 bit. IG-11 blew up from the inside while standing in lava - it streches belief even by star wars standards that there anything left of him worth salving for anything but scrap metal. Especially since the whole point of the self-destruct device and programing was to prevent him from being captured. Plus, it was emotionally effective - it was a nice and sad yet inspiring heroic sacrifice, and he got a statue and everything! Let characters stay dead every once in a while!

And I have a lot of problems with Grogu just piloting him like a mech. Like, first of all where is there room for that in an IG body? Those things are so thin it is hard to imagine one could just gut the torso to make room for a pilot and controls and still have everything else work. Plus, it mentions Seripas as an inspiration, but the whole point of Seripas was that his mech suit sucked and he was better off without it, and it at least was built as a mechsuit.

I try to keep an open mind, and in the end I did like Maul coming back or Din getting a N-1 more than I thought I would, but at the moment I definitely do not like this.

19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Jon Faveru likes Iron Man!

20. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    It depends how they do it, it could be kinda dumb but if done right, Filoni he has shown he can some quirky ideas and make them great. I'm willing to see what they do with it but I wonder if it might have something to do with perhaps Quill leaving blueprints or something? And I guess the mechanic will be involved.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    What other rumors indicate a huge step in the wrong direction?

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  22. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Snoke, praetorian guard, First Order.

Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  23. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Whoa, these are fun.
    Here's another one:
    Incredible.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  24. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    All these are step in the right direction, Mandalore is one arc and cloning story is another.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  25. Telstar

Telstar Jedi Padawan

Feb 13, 2022
    Since Beskar is used, I suspect the armorer will be involved as well. Maybe Mando and her come to an agreement or something.

Sproj and MercenaryAce like this.