main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Disney's GARGOYLES Discussion (Cartoon, Comics, and More)

Discussion in 'Community' started by TiniTinyTony, Oct 6, 2006.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2003
    Awesome! Make sure to spread the word to your friends.

No mention of Puck/Owen situation yet, but I'm sure it'll come up in future issues.

2. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    DRHJ9, did you check out the comics? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

3. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    That's funny you ask..

I just ordered the TPB.

I will definitely let you know what I think, when I read it.:)

4. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Awesome news! Yeah, definitely let me know.

In the meantime, check this out:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302028382&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442173198&bmUID=1204772294692

Gargoyles T-shirt at Hottopic.com

Just copy and paste entire link or go to Hottopic.com and search for Gargoyles.

5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Gargoyles #8 is out today! Get it at your local comic book store, or it's available now at http://www.midtowncomics.com/. Check it out! It's awesome.

6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Bad Guys #2, the Gargoyles spin-off, is expected to be released 4/23/08! Grab Bad Guys #1 so you're ready for BG #2 next week!

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    [image=http://www.midtowncomics.com/images/PRODUCT/STNL/963107_sth.jpg]

Just came out 4/30! Get it now!

8. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I'll have to keep an eye open for this...

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    [image=http://www.midtowncomics.com/images/PRODUCT/STNL/965988_sth.jpg]

Bad Guys #3 was released on 5/21! It's the best one yet!

10. TheCosmicGeek

TheCosmicGeek Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2008
    I really liked the Marvel Gargoyles comic back from the 90's. I read a few issues of the new one, but the constant delayed shipping schedule made me drop the book. I think I'll read it as a trade, it might be easier to keep the story fresh in my mind.

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yes, the delays due stink.

Here's the trade of the first 6 chapters of Clan Building:Clicky!

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Sad news my friends. The SLG license has expired on 8-31-08. That means there will be no more individual comic book issues on either Gargoyles or Bad Guys.

However, SLG does still have the right to put all existing material out in the Trade Paperback format. They are also allowed to include Bonus Material in these trades.

Gargoyles: Clan-Building, Volume One will remain available, and as soon as possible, we will be putting out Gargoyles: Clan-Building, Volume Two and Gargoyles: Bad Guys: Redemption out in trade.

Gargoyles: Clan-Building, Volume Two will include Gargoyles issues #7-8, but it will ALSO include what would have been issues #9-12, including the covers, as QUOTE-UNQUOTE Bonus Material. You WILL get to see the end of the Clan-Building arc. Currently, issue #9 is done except for a few minor lettering corrections. Issue #10 is being pencilled as we speak. Issue #11 has been scripted, and we are looking for the right artist to pencil it. Issue #12 is being scripted now. The trade will come out when ALL this material is complete and approved.

The Gargoyles: Bad Guys: Redemption trade will include Bad Guys issues #1-4, but it will ALSO include what would have been issues #5-6, including the covers, as QUOTE-UNQUOTE Bonus Material. You will get to see the end of the Redemption limited series. Currently, issue #5 is done except for a few minor art corrections and the lettering. Issue #6 is scripted, and Karine will begin roughing it out shortly. The trade will come out when ALL this material is complete and approved. (source: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=795 )

I'll be back to post news once those two trades come out in the future. Thank you to everyone who bought the comics, all of you that spread the word, and all of that continue to burn a flame in your hearts for Gargoyles.

13. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    So in other words, they're gonna finish up work on the incomplete issues, then release them in TPB form?

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yes, pretty much, this way the incomplete story becomes complete.

15. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Well...that seems kind of pointless. I mean, if they can complete the story by finishing the issues and doing it in a TPB, then they can do them as individual issues. By this logic, IDW can get Simon Furman to finish the script for the Dreamwave Transformers story "War Within: Dark Ages", which he was in the middle of when Dreamwave went under.

16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't fully understand it either, but it was made clear to us my Greg Weisman himself that the last stories will be released as "Bonus Material" only. I don't know why they can't just publish them individually. If I get a chance to ask Greg at http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg , then I will. But I'm not really concerned by the how, just concerned with the when, which will hopefully be January 2009 according to Dan Vado of SLG.

17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    July 2009 -- GARGOYLES: CLAN-BUILDING, VOLUME TWO trade paperback by Greg Weisman, Greg Guler, et al
    Gargoyles: Clan Building Volume Two collects issues 7-8 off the SLG/Disney Gargoyles series and combines it with the unpublished material scheduled for issues 9-12. Included is the fill-in issue #10 drawn by series character designer Greg Guler, making this a truly special book. This is a MUST for all fans of both the TV and comic book series.

August 2009 - GARGOYLES: BAD GUYS: REDEMPTION trade paperback by Greg Weisman and Karine Charlebois
    Five of the toughest villains in the Gargoyles Universe: Hunter ? member of a Scottish family of gargoyle-slayers; Dingo ? Australian mercenary and charter member of the deadly Pack; Matrix ? a nanotech hive-mind artificial intelligence that came very close to destroying the Earth; Yama ? a Japanese gargoyle who betrayed his own clan, and Fang ? the mutate who would be king. Take this quintet of felons and force them to work on the side of the angels. It may be hard to believe, but these Bad Guys are the best hope we?ve got! Gargoyles series creator Greg Weisman is the writer, with art by fan favorite Karine Charlebois and tones by fan favorite Stephanie Lostimolo. Bad Guys: Time to fight fire with fire.

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    GARGOYLES: CLAN-BUILDING, VOLUME TWO -- OFFICIAL COVER ART

[image=http://www.tc.umn.edu/~thom1576/ClanBuildingVolTwo.JPG]

19. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    :rolleyes::oops:

20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Cover confirmed by SLG.

[image=http://www.slgbiz.com/covers/gargoylesvol2.jpg]

"I didn't want to announce this until it was a sure thing, and now that the book is at the printer, I feel safe: Garogyles: Clan-Building Volume Two will be in stores in July 2009!

Volume Two features the published issues seven and eight, plus the never-before-seen issues nine through twelve. Written by series creator Greg Weisman and with art by David Hedgecock, Greg Guler, David Hutchison, Benn Dunn and colors by Robby Bevard, Gargoyles: Clan-Building Volume Two concludes the Clan-Building storyline as the history of the Stone of Destiny unfolds and Brooklyn travels to the past to secure his clan?s future.

The book's 160 pages and full color and will retail for $19.99. You can pre-order it now at comic book stores with the Diamond code MAY090629. The ISBN is 978-1-59362-167-4. Be sure to let your retailer know you want Gargoyles!"

[source: http://slg-news.livejournal.com/339168.html]

21. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I really hate that self-referencing cover. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait.

22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    [image=http://www.slgbiz.com/covers/badguys-tp.jpg]

Gargoyles: Bad Guys Trade Paperback
    by Greg Weisman, Karine Charlebois, et al.
    Black and white interiors, 160 pages, $17.95
    ISBN 978-1-59362-193-3

Five of the toughest villains in the Gargoyles Universe: Hunter ? member of a Scottish family of gargoyle-slayers; Dingo ? Australian mercenary and charter member of the deadly Pack; Matrix ? a nanotech hive-mind artificial intelligence that came very close to destroying the Earth; Yama ? a Japanese gargoyle who betrayed his own clan, and Fang ? the mutate who would be king. Take this quintet of felons and force them to work on the side of the angels. It may be hard to believe, but these Bad Guys are the best hope we?ve got! Gargoyles series creator Greg Weisman is the writer, with art by fan favorite Karine Charlebois and tones by fan favorite Stephanie Lostimolo. Bad Guys: Time to fight fire with fire.

Order Gargoyles: Bad Guys at your local comic book store with the Diamond code JUN09 0673.

Production note: This book is on schedule to be in stores the first week of August. Karine Charlebois has some cool new sketches that we're incorporating into the book design. It also features two previously unpublished issues! it will be digest size.

23. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Hey, Tini. Have you heard when Clan Building Volume 2 is coming out? I'm trying to compile a budget list for the month, and need to know where to stick that on it.

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    There has been no specific / official release date announced yet. Amazon says July 29th. So I'm anticipating that day, maybe the 22nd if we're lucky for Clan Building Vol 2.

Bad Guys Vol 1 is slated for the first week of August, so hopefully we'll see it released on the 5th.

So in other words, start saving your allowance now. :) And between you and me (and everyone else who reads this thread), I think they're going to be cheaper on Amazon compared to your comic book retailer, but I have no patience so I'm going to my comic book guy on release day.

When I find out the official dates, I will post them here.

25. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    The Previews order form I got said it was coming out the 29th, but then again, it also said that the majority of the comics I pick up come out that day, too, and that turned out to not be true, so that's why I asked.

That's what I do, too. Getting a 10% off discount on account of my status as a regular customer helps, too.

Thanks.