main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DANNASUK, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    "I don’t understand why people are so fixated on all the lore and back story."

:oops:

moxlox likes this.
  2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I hope Hux escapes at the end of 9 then travels to Kamino and clones himself. There will not need to be another movie because The Hux Galactic Empire will take over the galaxy and bring peace by exceptional leadership and unmatched military might. The Vong will look on in fear and envy of the perfect galactic system along with any other force that planned on invading the GFFA.

3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think(hope) that Episode IX will be a proper send off of the entire Saga. All nine movies. But since I don't think Kylo will survive Episode IX; I could see Hux surviving IX, as a way to give a nod to the possibility of an Episode X.

4. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Domnhall would make for a great Jacen Sendulla.
    You heard it here first

5. JustASimplePorg

JustASimplePorg Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2019
    So what about him? For all the talk about the main players, Hux is such an unimportant character for the overall conflict that makes me really curious as to what his fate is going to be.

As much as a punchline he is in TLJ, I think he will go out with dignity, even if he falls due to his own pride and ego.

What will his place in the trilogy finally be? A simple fanatic? Maybe his motivations will be revealed in IX.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    RetropME likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He gets eaten by a giant space turtle. [face_rofl]

GregMcP likes this.
  7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    He is so not going out with dignity.

Eaten by Porgs.
    That's my prediction.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  8. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Hux will get blown up with whatever mega ship the First Order is using as a capital ship. I didn't care for his treatment in TLJ as I felt TFA made him a much more credible threat. I don't think his character is ruined however, I think he will be once again a dangerous foe. I just don't see him ever being on the front line himself, hence the blowing up with a ship.

9. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    I could see a scenario where Hux is simply charged for his War Crimes, frozen in carbonite (or put in space jail), and we see him in a later sequel.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My favorite scenario for Hux's fate is still him getting stomped to death by a walker. [face_devil]

GregMcP and RetropME like this.
  11. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Chased my a giant turtle, pecked at by Porgs and then runs directly under the feet of an AT-AT, survives that, but then falls into one of those bottomless chasms without guardrails that evil empires seem to like.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'd like to see Hux get blown up in a ship or something. Rather than go out like Tarkin, just showing him standing there, actually show Hux running for his life for the escape pods, falling over things and generally being funny. Then, when he finally gets to the last pod, a big explosion starts behind him, quickly creeping towards him. To which is just says, "Oh bother", before being engulfed by flames.

13. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The turtle rumor was amusing and believable.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Or that. Either way, make it funny.

15. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    Hux was so wasted in TLJ.... In TFA he made a good, scary Mussolini in space, but RJ chose to turn him into a clown in the first minutes of the movie. A shame. For a while I hoped that he could still make a believable threat for Kylo (I expect him to betray him), but since I know he wrapped pretty early, I doubt that he will have an important role in the story.

I hope the rumour about him being eaten by a giant turtle is true, though. That would be very fun!

16. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Oh stop it. He was a comedic parody of a Nazi in Force Awakens. This whole Rian Ruined General Hux line is dumb.

It's time for death by slipping on Batha Poodoo. Get a Prequel callback into the movie.

17. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    I chose to call him a Mussolini because he's not on the same level than Hitler. Mussolini was dangerous, but often ridiculous.
    Hux's attitude makes him a parody of a little dictator, but at least he isn't ridiculed by the others like in TLJ.

18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    There was a bit of a comedic edge in TFA as well with his bickering with Kylo.

I think RJ maybe went a tad too far in the opening scene. But not enough to outweigh the brilliance of Hux in the rest TLJ.

19. JustASimplePorg

Feb 6, 2019
    Eaten by a giant turtle? Is this a real rumor?

20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Episode IX: Rise of the Turtles

Siphonophore likes this.
  22. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Episode X: Shell Shock

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  23. JustASimplePorg

Feb 6, 2019
    Either way, I also think TLJ made Hux more interesting. He was unbelievable in TFA, he might as well have tripped over his navel string.

I reckon he is as far up in the military due to his intellect, because other than that...

Grant may give some much needed gravitas in the FO's chain of command.

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Seriously?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    Yeah, I was thinking of that scene. And the one in which Snoke compliments him before mocking him as soon as he has turned his back. And also the scene where Hux tries to act like a commander but Ren shokes him. Hux has not a glimpse of dignity left in TLJ.

I've just found this gif.... made me laugh!

Chiznuk Edit: Removed image that contained disallowed language.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2019
    Darth Smurf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.