main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V Dooku: Jedi Lost, a stand-alone original audio drama

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Mar 27, 2019.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    This was one of the few things from the new canon that I actually enjoyed. The state of the Order and the artefacts around the Galaxy. Some bits from the Jedi training.

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I've really found everything in the New Canon set during the Prequel era to be some of the best entries in the New Canon.

3. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    For the record, I just remembered to cancel the Audible membership I set up in order to get this as my freebie for joining. So this story wound up costing me about $60 because I am very smart. At least I enjoyed it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    I also forgot to cancel mine and used my credits to buy Black Spire. A good investment so far!

Korpil
    http://sequart.org/books/47

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    A look at the physical edition, and specifically the different trim size we used.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looking forward to it - it's on my Amazon 'next order' list.

7. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Already posted in the AMA Publishing Thread, but putting it here as well. Here are some photos of the interior so you can see how the script was formatted into print.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    LOL at Darth Sidious "Does he really need an introduction?"

9. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Looks good. Can't wait to follow along in it when I re-listen to the audio drama. That way I won't miss a thing!:D

AusStig, Jedi Ben and KerkKorpil like this.
  10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Two other details I noticed:
    Jor Aerith is a Mirialan.
    The Trade Federation representative is human.

I suppose the later is following the tracks of legends which stated the Federation was more diverse before the plotting of the Sith put Nemoidians as the dominant species.

11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    This way even if you zone out from reading or listening you will still get the info, great plan.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  12. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Can’t wait until we know how to spell Chancellor Kalpana’s first name (sounds like “Skorr”)

Anyway, I just listened to this again recently, and Lene Kostana is a terrible master, a terrible influence on Sifo and Dooku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  13. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Yeah, Lene Kostana did strike me as rather irresponsible and somewhat manipulative in certain ways.

AusStig and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I don't think she means to be though. I think she is unintentional leads people into bad places.

devilinthedetails and FS26 like this.
  15. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    She’s singlehandedly responsible for Sifo being crippled by his visions. I had trouble imaging how he ever became a member of the council until I realized that it was probably after Kostana died, at which point he became lucid and functional again for the first time in decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    devilinthedetails and AusStig like this.
  16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah she did some really bad stuff.

Would be like coming out of a haze.

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Found the hardcover at the local Waterstones today. Looking forward to reading it after my current book.

18. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Oh, the hardcover is out now. Didn't realize that. :oops:Will have to order from Amazon asap.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Came out yesterday here according to Amazon UK.

20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Just checked Amazon in the US now. Looks like it's out in the US too. Apparently became available on October 1st.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I actually thought it was out tomorrow so I had a pleasant surprise on seeing it on the shelf.

22. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying that although I was supposed to get it yesterday I won't be getting it until tomorrow. I probably won't read it for awhile as I've already listened to it twice.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I just started a book last night so it will probably be a few days til I get to it. I didn't get the audio drama so it will be new to me. If I'd known I'd be getting it today I might have picked a shorter book.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Now that I've read it - I'm impressed.

Interesting to see that Dooku really is Yoda's Padawan in the most literal sense:

all the way to Knighthood - no Thame Cerulian mentoring Dooku here.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Finished the book today (reading it got a bit delayed). I enjoyed it. For those dubious about the script format, there is enough 'stage' information given so you can imagine what's going on. I had no issues with that side of it.