main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dr.Who

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Darth_Daver, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    So near yet so far.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw that last night on BBC3 during Dr Who. (They were showing Blink, one of my favorites). It looks interesting! Who is the masked person/thing at the end?

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    You mean the Reptile-like creature?

Most likely to be a Silurian or a Sea Devil, as one or both are said to be appearing this series.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Thanks - it didn't look familiar.

5. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Perfect, thanks!

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm liking that trailer.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    well, manflu forced me to cancel last weekend :(

But tonight I'm going "on the town" with a group of friends and I'm dressing up as Captain Jack :D

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    For those who subscribe to SFX Magazine - I just got the May issue in the post today and it has a 3D Dr Who cover featuring the new doctor and companion. I'm sure the newsstand version has the same cover picture but I think the 3D version might be a subscriber special as it says 'exclusive' at the top. Nothing new that I can see, assuming you've seen the trailers.

9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Saw SFX in the shops today, and the 3D cover was present.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I was in Smiths the other day and they had it. Not a bad cover!

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    BBC America has a new trailer for the upcoming series 5 (different from the previous three we've seen).

Click!

Looks good.=P~

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Awesome :cool:

There is also this trailer

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The Youtube one looks good. I got 'video unavailable' on the other one though.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Very interesting appearance by Matt Smith on Jonathan Ross, showing off the new sonic screwdriver.

He seems very into the part and obviously enjoys it a lot. I'm confident he'll be a good Doctor.

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Please tell me it's not green.

16. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    colour me over-the-moon

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They ruined the theme......why did they ruin it!? :_| :_| :_|

Other than that, it was a very good opening episode. Matt Smith was excellent, balancing that line between eccentricity & madness very well.

I was pleased that Karen Gillan's accent was not as terrible when played adult Amy as it was when child Amelia was on screen, I could barely understand anything that little girl said.
    It was pretty obvious she wasn?t a real Policewoman....but hey, I?d gladly pay for a kissogram from her ;)
    The new TARDIS is cool, as is the new sonic screwdriver.

Impressive-looking alien creature which always helps.

LOL @ Sir Patrick Moore's cameo.

18. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Yeah, the theme was the only disappointment of what was otherwise a cracking start. I thought Matt Smith was superb, I felt he's already well on the way to making the role his own. And Karen Gillian proves beyond doubt that you can be ginger and gorgeous.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I liked it as well - except for the theme. They had a good one before and I think the new one is inferior. But the episode itself was good.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I must say personally I classify redheads seperately from Ginger people.
    Red hair (especially if it's darker like Karen's) is nice, orange hair is not :p

The title sequence of the show is OK in itself. I do like the new logo and how it transforms into the TARDIS. It's really a shame the theme can't live up to that.

21. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I thought the theme was decent enough. I can't say I was the biggest fan of the last one either... but it's good enough. I won't lose any sleep on that element.

But yeah, thank God RTD is out and replaced by Moffat. I was so happy the day I learnt that Moffat was taken over and I was so impressed with last night. Who else thought that the direction of last nights episode was way classier and far less panto-y than the last 4 series? I loved so much about that opener... Trailer looks good too.

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Favourite line - "You're Scottish. Fry something"

23. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Thought it was great. Loved it. May have to rewatch it again when I've caught up with Ashes to Ashes.

24. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Also loved it. The new Doctor was a bit over-the-top, I thought, but it worked and I can already tell Smith will make it a great character. Can't wait to see more.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not a bad episode this week. The new Doctor seems to be settling in. I don't know if it's just me, but the Queen sounded a lot like River Song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.