main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echo Base Ops [Deck]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    BTW, I meant to ask- are there any deck types that are particularly effective against EBO?

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    The "Blow stuff up with AT-ATs" deck.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    hehe.

Also, I have a couple questions on the nature of starfighter squadrons- in this case the Y-Wing Assault Squadron-

the ruling I read on decipher's website said that Squads are considered 1 starship but are 3 of the particular craft and are only considered starfighters for deployment and movement. So...

Rebel Planners will only add 1 to a single YW Squad by itself at a system since the squad is considered 1 starship, right?

and...

Organized Attack adds 3 to the total power of a Y-W squadron because OA adds 1 to the power of each X-W and Y-W present and a since a squadron is considered 3 y-wings, each of them is power+1 for a total of 3, correct?

Also, not squad related- but can Power Pivot affect a star destroyer, even the executor? And if so, it only reduces the ship's power itself, right?, pilots, etc can still be added to it's power, right?

I think that's all for now.. ::)

4. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    You are correct on your Squadron related questions. As for Power Pivot, it affects any starship and makes the starship's POWER=0...so the Executor can a have 5 or 35 pilots on it and it is still POWER=0. Cool eh :)

As for decks that could give you a major problem...I can't think of any specific ones off the top of my head. However watch out for Something Special Planned For Them, Fighters Coming In, and Gravity Shadow. Both of these cards can give Rebel starship swarm decks a lot of problems. Basically your drains should come fast and swift and should cripple them IF they ignore you. I would watch out for any TIE Swarm decks.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>As for Power Pivot, it affects any starship and makes the starship's POWER=0...so the Executor can a have 5 or 35 pilots on it and it is still POWER=0. Cool eh :) <<

Oh yeah::)

Oh, and one more squad-question: if a squad is only considered a starfighter for deployment and movement, what is it considered in regards to weapon targeting? I know some LS starship weapons say "destiny-1 when targeting a starfighter, destiny+1 when targeting a capital ship" or something to that effect, which I assume has some kind of counterpart or one with similar text, to which I ask- what is it considered in that circumstance (for instance)?

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    should read: "...which I assume has some kind of DS counterpart or one with similar text..."

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    The weapon must say "starship" or "squadron". A weapon that targets a "starfighter" or capital starship" will not work. Some of the weapons in DSII say specifically that they target starfighters. And the same can be said for any card. It must say "starship" or "squadron" to target/be used with our against your squadrons.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hello again, I've been considering adding Firin Morett (from SE) to pull Rebel Planners out more easily, what I'm wondering is if there are any cards that can pull him or Colonel Feyn Gospic into your hand (or deploy him from reserve deck)?

9. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Unfortunately not. You could do it indirectly by using Out Of Somewhere, but that would require the DS to initiate a battle abaginst with double your POWER. I don't think that's what you want though.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, now that Coruscant's come out I've been wondering if there are any cards from Coruscant that would be of particular use to enhancing an EBO deck? I'm planning on throwing in a "Mindful of the Future" so that I can deploy Ralltir and Kessel quicker, since I want to set that drain and that retrieval mechanism up as soon as possible. I was playing against Pinbustr's first shot at a No Money, No Parts, No Deal deck, and while I got slaughtered the first time (but i blame that on 1 or two very poor decisions on my part) I've beaten him twice since then, and both times the differential was very close, only by 5 cards or so, so I'm looking to see if I can somehow enhance the deck (not looking for a major overhaul or anything, just one or two cards I might be able to slip in) with some new cards or if I've just got to adjust my playing strategy somehow.

BTW, while probably 98% correct, the last posted deck list in this thread is slightly outdated, I've added a few hyper escapes and one reflection since the last design I think.

11. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Rebel Artillery. A used destiny 7 interrupt which only requires you to have one weapon at one battleground (site or system) you control ... should not be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.