main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC

“We apologize for interrupting our coverage of the Brentaal Blob Racing Derby, but we have breaking news from Bakura. HSN’s field reporter there has just sent us a message saying he’s at a press conference at UB Cape Suzette and Alana Glencross has just been introduced as the new head coach of their limmie program. We’re waiting for the connection to go live--and I’m being told we’re cutting over now.”

HSN executed a hard cut to the image of the three-time Galactic Cup champion sitting at a table in a sky blue polo shirt next to a being who was presumably the athletic director that had hired her. At the bottom of the feed was the bold banner: ALANA GLENCROSS HIRED BY UBCS

“--and I’m excited to have this opportunity with my alma mater. They’ve placed an incredible amount of faith in me, especially because I didn’t win many games when I played here,” Alana said, flashing a smile.

“Alana is too modest. We all know the things she accomplished after graduating: her decorated career with the Miners, her work at the high school level and the All-Bakura championships she won,” the AD said. “Frankly, we’re punching above our weight getting a coach like this. We don’t exactly have top talent beating down our door with the financial constraints our program has.”

“To that end, I’ve decided I’m not going to hire any assistants,” Alana announced. “I think that college limmie has gotten way too complicated with assistants for every position. It’s a function of some programs having too many credits and just throwing them this way and that. I’m going to run an classic-style program. This is going to be a team of student-athletes: students first, athletes second like they did in the old days before the big credits got into a lot of programs. Besides, we’ve seen a lot of success at the ELL level of single coach programs.

“When it comes to recruitment, I’ll be focusing on visiting high schools Cape Suzette and Watercrest County. There is excellent limmie talent here--I’ve seen it as a high school coach--but that talent is going to other counties. I want us to own this market and be the first choice of top local talent. I’ve been to a lot of these places when I coached at Ojai North, so at least I know my way around.

“One more thing before I open this up for questions: I am not answering any questions or speaking to any outlets or networks that refer to me as Alana Glencross. That is not my name. My name is Alana Kirt. Got it? Good.”

HSN split the difference and changed their banner to ALANA GLENCROSS KIRT HIRED BY UBCS as the first reporter asked a question.

“Alana, you’ve never been a head coach before. Do you think there’s going to be an adjustment period to running your shop, especially without assistants?”

“False. I was head coach of several Little League Limmie teams. I’d argue that’s harder because I had to convince the players to not score on their own net. GCAA limmie is easy by comparison.”

“Alana, you’d said previously that you weren’t interested in taking a head coaching job after Ojai North because of family commitments. What’s changed?”

“What I said was that I wasn’t interested in a job that kept me away from my family,” Alana clarified. “I wasn’t going to take a job in Salis D’aar or Gesco City where I couldn’t be home every night. I can catch the monorail from campus and be back in Ojai in 45 minutes to be with my family. That works for me.”

“Alana, let’s talk about the bantha in the room: your son is the standout star of PCNS. You’re going to play them this season. What’s that going to be like?”

“We talked about this as a family before I took this job. Olivar and I know that’s going to be a difficult game. We’re both built to do our best every time we’re on the field and he’s going to give us a good run when we meet. But ask me again after the game. Hopefully we’ll have won and he’ll have gotten a hat trick and we can all go home mostly happy.”

“So no conflict there?”

“None at all.”

“Alana, do you think you’re inheriting a roster that can win the Bak10 this year?”

“I think that there’s a lot of good talent here. Petr was a good recruiter. I think there’s a higher ceiling on the group we have here than the last two seasons would suggest. This is college limmie. You just don’t know what’s going to happen until the season begins,” Alana said.

“Fleet Academy took home the Bak10 title last year. Think you can beat them in the rivalry game?”

“That is priority #1 this season. That game is important to me, just like it is to the students and alumni. If we can’t beat Fleet Academy, then we shouldn’t be on the field. That said, priority #1A is to beat the other eight teams in the conference while we’re at it.”

“Alana--any final thoughts?”

“Two. First, cop out, all of you, for using my first name. I took notes. And second, as always, zip-a-dee-doo-dah,” Alana concluded. “Should be a fun season, glad you’ll be along for the ride.”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Character Sheet
    Name: Alana Glencross Kirt
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 244
    Physical appearance: [​IMG]
    (What? You thought this was the old Alana?)
    Homeworld: Bakura
    Relation to Team: GCAA limmie head coach
    Brief Biography: Didn’t you see the big blaster rifle? That’s universally understood to signify “Hall of Famer Alana Kirt doesn’t need a character sheet to tell you she’s here to kick butt and take names in the Bak10 and all of GCAA limmie.”

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    News and Notes:

The Fandalorian reports that Midfielder Harkash Giles and Backup Goalkeeper Girthussc Bludroz "Blue" have each announced their retirement

Mando'ade Mercs announce that Left Half Forward Aryanna Scythe has signed a two year contract extension through the 299 ELL season.

Mando'ade Mercs announce they are unable to come to terms with a number of players on expiring contracts:

• Silassk, Trandoshan male, Right Corner Back
    • Grute, Species indeterminate Male, Right Corner Forward
    • Grady Owens, Human Male, Full Forward
    • Spern Brier "Rocket", Amaran Male, Left Corner Forward

Are released to free agency.

Trieste likes this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    HSN Ralltiir Addition, Headlines: With the exception of Tomas Vigo and the obvious gaping hole at midfield and no announced replacement for team captain the Starkillers announce a limited number of roster signings, a retiree and a free agent.

Offseason Roster Changes:
    Starkillers:
    Tomas Vigo retires.
    Breena Eastwick signs 4 year extension.
    Schrodia Dens signs 5 year extension.
    Erin Chernak signs 4 year extension.
    Palmer Lineart Sancheese signs 2 year extension.
    Hagen (Human, [Mandalorian], Male/Corner back) enters free agency.
    Sandskimmers:
    Jacen Hunter retires.
    Freeborn Pass signs 3 year extension.

Trieste likes this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Elite League Limmie 298: Come On Get Happy!

Courscant

"Hello limmie fans! It's so good to see you all, especially those of you who came out to the draft hall this year!" Commissioner Lokensgaard exclaims. "I'm glad you don't take these in-person experiences for granted. That offseason just flew by, didn't it? Feels like we just ended the season. That's good, because I don't know about you, but I could use some limmie today!

"I know how much you love to hear me talk, but I know that we've got a lot of Coruscanti here today since their team is picking first this year and I just don't have the heart to keep them all waiting.

"Therefore, by the power invested in me by the limmie gods, I hereby declare the Elite League Limmie 298 Entry Draft to be open! The Coruscant Senators are on the clock!"

TAG: @Jedi Gunny @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun @galactic-vagabond422 @Vehn (kind of in that order ;) )

Runjedirun and Vehn like this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Galin S'rily
    Draft Hall, Coruscant

If there was anything that people didn't know that Galin shared with his father, it was that they both hated to dress formally. Even though Laseema had managed to keep many of the rogue hairs on his head from sticking straight upwards as if defiant blades of grass, the mere fact that he was forced to wear formalwear was torture in itself. The jacket made him too warm, the Bothan tugging at his collar every few minutes as if the shirt was choking him. He hoped that the cameras weren't showing him near the back of the Draft hall, far away from where the team executives were at their respective tables and certainly keeping his distance from the fans in attendance. He hadn't wanted to cause a stir in the hall with his appearance, since that would mean more cries for autographs, more comments about how he wasn't exactly keeping his father's legacy in the Senator front office alive, and the typical intrusive question about his relationship with Laseema. And he just didn't want to deal with all that - he was here for the Draft.

The Senator defense had come around in the past year to finally reach some of its old glory days, Coach Christine Gamble finally finding a lineup that she thought would work. But the offense, which had gone through fits and spurts of excellency mixed with a lot of head-scratching play, needed to be fixed once and for all. Team GM Dirxx Horstse had already called up former second-round Draft pick Lady Ann Weatherby to the active Senator squad, thereby removing Full Forward as a need for the team going forward behind star forward and former #1 overall pick Oriana DuChaard. But the Force hadn't necessarily been the best offense in the LFL the prior two years, so Weatherby's addition was only a slight upgrade. What the team needed was their next Leia Adama, though it was clear that such a bona-fide star was not available here. It was a small Draft with a lack of sure-fire prospects, so any upgrades which could be made would be incremental instead of immediate.

When the timer was just about ready to run out on the Senator pick, there was some consternation among the fans that the team might actually miss the pick. But those fears were alleviated when team captain D'ana Themyscira appeared from behind the curtain and strode to the podium in the same purposeful manner that she always did. Galin had heard that she had spent part of her offseason hunting in the Outer Regions . . . or maybe that she had started a rebellion somewhere with former Senator play Bas Wren, but those were just rumors after all . . .

"With the first pick in the 298 Elite League Draft, the Coruscant Senators select Kor'ona Vyerus, Forward from Chandrila A&M University."

It was a forward alright, one that would hopefully help get the offense back on track. But somehow Galin didn't find the name all that humorous - he wasn't sure why, but it certainly seemed topical.

NOTE:
    I want to use this as an opportunity to make a shout-out to the healthcare workers and other front-line folks out there trying to keep us healthy in these uncertain times. Also I want to mention my co-workers who are out giving rides to seniors to medical appointments as well as delivering food supplies to those who are less fortunate and are shut in at the moment. =D==D==D==D==D=

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Trieste, jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! On location from the Mercs draft party at the oyu'baat cafe! It's draft night, so welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Kitterich is holding down the fort back at the studio while Liz ...well Liz could be anywhere."

"Shab yeah!"

"... and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Yeah we do, it's draft night!"

"Yes it most certainly is, and while every team uses draft night to build their team, the Mercs seem to have more to do than they normally do this time of year."

"Yeah, following some frustration the last three years..."

"Three straight 4th place finishes."

"...a number of free agents, including star defensive back Silassk, left the team for greener pastures."

"Figures you would just mention the defensive anchor there at cornerback..."

"Of course."

"But I think the bigger issue is losing the entire front line of forwards."

"Replacing them will be a challenge."

"Don't forget they had a couple of retirements too."

"Yeah, Blue's retirement kind of...well came out of the blue on us."

"I think the emergence of Larren helped inform that decision..."

"While Gile's retirement means the probable promotion of Mandalorian midfielder Dar Djarin who played backup there during his rookie year."

"Means the Mercs also need a new backup middie then too."

"Yeah, so this is a team with a whole lot of needs, and just three draft picks to fill them."

"Might be a bit of help down on the farm at Concordia, but not much."

"Sure, sure. I do think Brirs will get a chance to fill one of the three vacant starting forward spots..."

"She was an effective backup for the Mercs last season, not sure she is starting material though."

"We'll see come training camp how the staff feels about her."

"Speaking of the starting front line, no way the Mercs go into next year with three rookies there right?"

"Well no, which is why Brirs will get her shot..."

"She is just a year removed from being a rookie herself."

"Sure, sure."

"Have to think that beyond tonight the Mercs delve into free agency to fill at least one of those spots right?"

"Sure, sure. And maybe more, just have to see how the draft turns out and then we'll see how the Mercs fill out this roster going forward into the season."

"Anyone you see them targeting there?"

"In free agency?"

"Yeah."

"Well kind of early to tell, we haven't even drafted yet but I think..."

"Hold on, here come the Sens with the first pick."

"With the first pick in the 298 Elite League Draft, the Coruscant Senators select Kor'ona Vyerus, Forward from Chandrila A&M University."

"And even as we talk about forwards, there goes one with the first pick."

"And a good player, certainly worthy of the first overall pick. Excellent skills make her hard to pin down and defend, infectious personality with a feverish work ethic, and bat like reflexes..."

"You mean cat like."

"Isn't that what I said?"

"He said bat like! ha ha ha!"

"I don't get it."

"Maybe some of them will."

"OK, so with that done, where do the Mercs go here?"

"Has to be offense I should think, they need plenty of it and what little there was on the board has already been diminished."

"So a forward..."

"And yeah it could be just about any of them."

"Well if you have your choice, why not pick the highest rated forward right?"

"Hurtle?" Justin thought it over for a second. "Yeah that would make sense, and given his skill it would start an immediate competition between him and Brirs for that starting full forward spot, with the loser relegated to the bench. Of course they might go with Demba or Vut, they have a little more versatility and can start at any of the forward spots."

"Well let's see here as there is Vizsla with the pick."

"With the 2nd selection fo the 298 ELL first year player draft, the Mando'ade Mercs select Toemash Hurtle, full forward from Prytis College of Natural Sciences..."

"Well there you have it, the top rated forward is on his way to Mandalore, let's hope he lives up to the hype because he has some awfully big shoes to fill."

"The Bakura Miners are now on the clock."

TAG: @Trieste

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    GM Approved!

[​IMG]

Name: Martia Paak

Birth year: 258 ABY 

Physical appearance: 5'11'', darker skin, athletic build

Homeworld: Mandalore

Relation to Team: Head Scout

Martia Paak is a former soldier and Elite League Limmie forward who retired a year ago from the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers. She has won two Galactic Cups with the franchise in 289 and 295 respectively. Her legacy on the field needs little explanation. Following her retirement she was offered the Smugglers Head Scouting position and accepted.

It is time to do the unthinkable. It is time to rebuild the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers. There will be hard choices. There will be hard times. Fans may be upset but one thing is for sure.

Her legacy off the field is just beginning.....

IC: Martia Paak

279 ABY
    Battle of Herdessa

"I need a firing solution," Lieutenant Martia Paak growled into her comm unit as she lay low in the urban rubble of the first hard fought battle of the Roon-Druckenwellian war.

Scattered clumps of muddy earth splotchily shot up in the air as blaster impacts landed all around her. Debris shifted and cried out under the strain of unprecedented weight. The wet and the rain didn't help her issues with visibility as the Third Tawntoom Division pushed hard into downtown Herdessa Prime. The capital city. They'd met fierce resistance from the Second Druckenwellian division. The enemy.

"Coordinates?" Came back the cool reply.

"Echo Delta five-zero-seven," Paak stated, "enemy tanks advancing on our position, out. Fire for effect."

"Roger, Echo Delta five-zero-seven, shot over," came the reply.

Lieutenant Martia Paak, serving her required military service for Mandalore, watched with muted satisfaction as the rounds started arriving. She'd graduated from Keldabe Military Institute and was required to serve a few years in the military. It's just that she wanted to go where the action was and not be stationed in some backwater planet. Her service took an odd turn when she signed up for the only war currently happening in the Outer Rim. A war between Roon and Druckenwell. She'd quickly enlisted with the Third Tawntoom Division, worked her way up to officer, and never looked back.

"Add 200, right 30," Paak corrected.

"Roger, add 200, right 30," came the reply.

The next set of rounds were more accurate. Deadlier. The troop formations of the Second Druckenwellian division melted away under the sheer tenacity of the attack. The armored division was quickly turned to slag and the crews could be seen bailing out of their burning vehicles and running for cover. A few were gunned down as they ran while others sought any cover they could find.

Paak closed her eyes and leaned against a nearby steel girder.

"This is only the beginning," Paak repeated to herself as she remembered the words of her late father shortly before he passed away.

298 ABY ELL Draft

Martia Paak sat quietly in the shadows while the 298 Elite League Limmie Draft commenced. The Smugglers weren't participating this year. In fact, they hadn't participated in the draft for the last few seasons drawing concern from the Smuggler faithful, 'The Crew', over the direction of the franchise.

She'd had a long meeting with General Manager Addison Vehn over the current status of the roster. The team had conducted something of a hiring freeze the last few years while they rode out their long term vision for sustained success. Last year's dismal record and last place finish in the ELL had proven that it was time for the scouting department to get up and running.

Martia watched as Bakura made their pick before leaving the draft behind. The journey to success and a thousand miles was beginning with a single step. Her first stop: Ord Mantell.

Tag: @Trieste; and everyone!

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Alana Kirt
    Blue Bird Stadium, Cape Suzette, Bakura

Alana's life was now more heavily regulated than some businesses on Bakura.

As a GCAA coach, there were strict rules about how much contact she could have with prospective recruits: how often she could talk to the recruits or their parents in a given time period, what she could say, where she could say it. There'd been a crash course from UBCS Athletics outlining everything. Alana couldn't even talk to her daughter Kass's limmie friends and parents at Ojai North these days without burning up eligible conversations. Niall had put together a very nice letter that had gone out to the parents and kids letting them know that nobody should take it personally.

There were also regulations on certain recruit behaviors, one of which was how many "official" visits they made to universities. These were paid for by the host university (though limited to specific expenses) and were one of the most powerful recruiting tools that a university had. Alana and the athletic department had thought carefully about who they wanted to extend official visits to.

Alana was standing in the middle of Blue Bird Stadium, which opened on to one of the inlet bays of Cape Suzette's coast. She'd decided that this was where she wanted to meet her prospective recruits, not an office or a campus hall of fame (and not just because the latter was relatively devoid of accomplishments).

"Whoa."

Alana turned to see her first parent and athlete combo walking across the neat grass of the stadium. The daughter was looking up at the stands stretching into the sky.

"Thought you'd like to see where you'd be spending your time," Alana said with a smile. She shook hands with the pair when they arrived at midfield. "Rorie, Dom, welcome to Blue Bird Stadium."

"This is so cool," Rorie, the athlete said, still looking around.

"Welcome to Power 5 limmie. It's a much bigger stage, but one you're ready for."

"Huh," Dom, the father, grunted. "That's not what I heard. I hear the Bak10's falling behind the other conferences. Don't even play a conference championship game."

"Dad," Rorie scolded. "Be nice." She turned to Alana. "He just wants what's best."

"Yeah, like that offer from Citadel. Private school like that is good to their alumni," Dom continued in his brusque way.

"Citadel can't offer what I can," Alana replied.

"What's that? The fourth-best UB campus?" Dom asked skeptically.

"Starting time, next season," Alana said.

Rorie's eyes went wide. "Are you kidding?" Rorie exclaimed.

"Our left corner forward graduated," Alana said. "I need someone in the hot corner who's ready and I don't have that on the roster. That can be you if you come here."

"What d'you mean?" Dom asked seriously. "You telling me Citadel would recruit her and not let her play?"

"They'll let her play--in two years when their corner forward studs graduate. That's what all the top talent forgets when they sign with the big players," Alana explained. "You get on a team with name recognition, but you ride the bench. Hard for pro scouts to see you there. And what's more, you'll earn a UBCS diploma. You won't have cupcake classes on your schedule like ballroom dancing or basket weaving just to keep your GPA up. Even if you don't have a limmie career after this you're going to have a degree that employers will value."

"Yeah, but is she gonna win games here?" Dom asked.

"Dad, playing is more important than winning. Coach Kirt didn't win many games when she was here and look at her now," Rorie said. "I wanna do it." She looked at Alana. "I wanna be a Blue Bird."

Alana shook her hand. "Welcome to the flock, Rorie. We look forward to getting your letter of intent." Though a verbal commitment could be made at any time, it took an official letter of intent for an athlete to be locked in to their university of choice.

"Can I take a quick run up to the top of the stands?" Rorie asked. "I heard you can see the bay from them."

"Knock yourself out," Alana said. As Rorie took off trotting, she extended her hand to Dom. "Glad to have you and Rorie with us this season."

Dom grabbed Alana's hand and pulled her in close to him. "Listen lady: I don't know what that crack about the letter of intent was. If Rorie says she's doing something, she's doing it. I--well her mother raised her right. And another thing: if I don't see her on the field starting come next season, you'll have me to answer to. My girl's worked too hard to get jerked around by the likes of you. Understood?"

"Understood," Alana said. And she thought Little League Limmie parents were obsessed with their kids.

Dom released Alana. "Good."

"Hey!" Rorie shouted from halfway up the stands. "Miners just took Teane out of Dac State!"

"Cool! Thanks!" Alana called back with a wave. She turned back to give Dom further assurances, but he was already heading towards an exit. "Uh...anything else I can do for you?"

"Yeah! This place got a bar?" Dom growled.

"Head back to the student union," Alana said after him. "The West Nest is on the lower courtyard! Tell them I sent you!" She would have offered to buy him a beer, but that was on the list of things she 100% could not offer recruits or their parents. As it was, she had two more meetings left today.

It was going to be a long day, but if she could land all today's recruits...well, they just might have a chance...

TAG: @Runjedirun for our next draft pick

Runjedirun, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Trazi Jul

OOC: You better believe there’s a long backstory to this, it’s not one of those songs released to the public, but I totally named my character after her YEARS ago.

I stuffed some muffin in my mouth as my mother poured her second cup of steaming hot caf. “Have you narrowed down the school choices yet?” She asked as she pulled the mug close to her nose and took in the aroma.

“I thought we weren’t going to talk about this today,” I reminded my mom. Mom still thinks I’m going to college. She’s set on it. She’s applied to 20 schools for me, but I’m not going to any of them. I’m going to play Limmie for the Starkillers. She did the same, I don’t know why she can’t accept my fate.

“I know, I’m just so excited for you. Your college years are going to be the best years of your life. I met your father in college.”

OMG, she tells me that every single day. The guy she yells out for leaving his dishes in the sink. She met him in college, how romantic. “Mom, I’m going to be late for school.” I grab my data pad and the sack lunch I always carry.

My mom rushes forward and kisses my forehead. “Just think about it. We can visit schools again, if you aren’t sure. You tell me which ones.”

I rush towards the front door. “Have a great day Crazy Trazi,” my dad hollers from his study. He’ll always call me by that nickname. Usually, I don’t mind.

“Bye, daddy,” I call out to him.

School is a bore, but at least I get to hang out with my friends. After school I go for a run in the park. Tonight’s the night. Draft night. I have ticket in my pocket. 3 tickets. I could go get on a transport to Coruscant. The tickets are a present from Richard Vigo. He could draft me tonight. I just didn’t know how to tell my parents. We used to go to Starkiller drafts every year. My mom was a scout. Now she coaches Limmie for the high school I attend. Even though I’m graduating in two months, Mom has decided high school coaching is her calling and she has decided to stay on.

I’ve decided pro Limmie is my calling. I’ll be damned if I’m going to waste 1-4 years of my life in college. The moment Tomas Vigo retired I knew it was a sign. I had to be on the field for the Starkillers next season. Why should I wait? I’m the best midfielder. Problem was my parents wouldn’t hear of it. They insist a good team will still want me after I get a degree. Both my parents are graduates of Ralltiir U. For obvious reasons they want me to attend the University. They are open to allowing me to attend any school of my choice. So I looked at Republican on Coruscant and Belle Vistal on Corellia and so many others. I had made up my mind before those visits. Those visits didn’t change anything.

I sip my water bottle as I crest the top of a particularly steep hill. I remember the first time after my surgery I walked up this hill. What an accomplishment, my knee screaming at me. Now 2 years later I can sprint up, no pain. I jog down and sprint up one final time before finishing my workout and beginning the walk home.

Being an only child sucks sometimes. I wish I had a brother or sister to confide in. It’s just me against the grown-ups. Even now that I’m 18. My parents sit on the couch as the draft begins. I sit cross legged on the floor trying to do some homework, but I can’t concentrate. What if Teaspoon roars my name? How will I ever explain this to my parents? They don’t know I’ve spoken to Richard Vigo. He promised I could show up for training camp and get a fair try out. I doubt he’s going to draft me, but maybe? I know he won’t waste a first round pick. Still as Teaspoon takes the stage my heart begins to pound.

“With the final pick in the 298 Elite League Limmie first round the Starkillers select Minnie Credithorder, Grand Vulpter System University.” My heart sinks and I sigh in relief at the same time. I look up to my parents to see if their expressions reveal their thoughts on the pick.

GM Approved
    Name: Trazi Jul
    Species: Half Human/Half Hapan
    Birth Year: 280
    Relation to Team: Midfielder
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Trazi was born to one of Ralltiir’s most beloved Starkiller forward’s, Loren Jul. Her father Zenner had dabbled in the sport himself, but never in the pro game. Unlike most families on Ralltiir Trazi’s family followed her mother’s Hapan tradition of passing down the female head family name. Despite always being supportive of their daughters desire to play Limmie even after a career changing injury in high school, her parents were not supportive of Trazi skipping college.

Trazi didn’t care what her parents thought. She had started out in her mother’s shadow as a forward. After her injury she took up running to strengthen her knees and discovered she loved it, so she began to concentrate at midfield. Another thing her injury had taught Trazi is that she didn’t know how long she’d be healthy and able to play. She was good enough to go pro now. Why should she waste her time in college? Still her parents made her apply. They took her on visits and even filled out applications for her.

Secretly Trazi set up a meeting with Ricahrd Vigo and at his request another with Starkillers head coach Teaspoon. She hadn’t put her name in the official draft pool. There was the issue of her parents who would have made her life a living nightmare and besides she only wanted to play for one team. Would they draft her anyway? It was the honor Trazi hoped for. At very least she had an invite to training camp.

Trazi had to believe parents would come around once she donned the uniform. If not, at least the salary would allow her the financial freedom she needed to move out.

Tag @Jedi Gunny

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bakura Miners discuss 298 player strategy from draft floor.
    • Shay Dionne: "How the other teams keep gifting us with #1 ranked players at their position is beyond me, but I'll keep picking them as long as they do!"
    • In surprise twist, Dionne announces that Hallie Kendriick will move from Right Half Back to Full Back for 298, filling in for departed captain Horst Penn.
      • Dionne: "Hallie was a Full Back at Ralltiir University and a darn fine one at that. They're talented enough that they can transition back and play that position at the ELL level."
    • Rookie Teane will play Right Half Back to start 298.
      • Dionne: "As a general defensive back, that's going to be a natural fit for him."
    • Dionne also announces that former Merc Grady Owens has signed a two-year contract with the Miners as a free agent.
      • Owens will attend training camp with the Miners, but will start the season with Cloud City.
      • Dionne: "We think he had untapped potential on Mandalore. We think we can do better."
      • Dionne refuses to comment on whether Owens is a backup plan for Leilu Grabbert, the only Miner signed to a one-year contract as part of their 297-298 offseason signings.

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    “The Coruscant Senators select Lakka Vut, Forward from Tatooine at Anchorhead.”

TAG to @Bardan_Jusik

Trieste likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"... so a little bit of a surprise there to see the Quarren, Teene, go quite so early?"

"Well, he was the top rated defender on the board, and defense wins championships, I just think a lot of folks would have been more comfortable had he stayed in place there for a bit longer..."

"Bit longer? He was taken in the back half of the first round."

"Sure, sure, but still number three overall..."

"I hate these short drafts, seems like no one is playing."

"Yeah @Vehn and @galactic-vagabond422 , get off your shebs next year and draft with us!"

"OK so here come the Starkillers to close out the first round..."

"... the Starkillers select Minnie Credithorder, Grand Vulpter System University.”

Cheers emanated over the wave from the Starkillers fans attending the draft. They were still stoked over their recent galactic Cup win, and now they had snagged a cornerback to close out the first round.

"Well, that was unexpected, forward taken with each of the first two picks followed up by two straight cornerbacks..."

"Both teams in the finals taking corners, while the two teams in the draft that didn't make the playoffs went offense in the first round."

"Not sure what to make of that, but it has to mean something right?"

"Like I always say defense wins..."

"Hold that thought Justin as we need to get in a few words from our sponsors, and in between rounds is a great time for that."

"Hello, you know us, we're a major League Lightball team..."

"Wow, OK, so that went more quickly than we thought..."

"And we missed a pick for a lightball commercial. I mean really?"

"Bardan misses baseball."

"... so while we were on break the Sens grabbed Vut to start the second round and now already here again comes Vizsla with the pick for the Mercs..."

"With the sixth overall selection in the 298 ELL first year player draft, the Mando'ade Mercs select Erika Carlasson, cornerback from College of Deredith & Millicent..."

"Whoa, went with the last CB on the board..."

"And another Bak10 pick for the Mercs."

"Huh, I know Vizsla spent a year there, but that was a long time ago..."

"Yeah kind of weird, hope he remembers this is the Mando'de, not Bakura, Mercs

"The Miners are now on the clock."

Trieste, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

Alana shook hands with her next parent and athlete set. This was one she’d been looking forward to ever since they booked the visit.

“I was really happy when I heard you’d decided to make us one of your official visits,” Alana said.

“We were honored to receive the offer,” the father said, “especially with the kind note you included with the packet.”

“Mahgan put it up in her room,” the mother added.

“Even I know it’s a big deal to get a hand-written note from a Hall of Famer,” Mahgan Morzza said.

“Considering you weren’t alive when I played my last game, that’s a high compliment,” Alana joked. “But enough about me. We’re here to talk about you, Mahgan. You’re a good midfielder. I saw your highlight reel, but more importantly I saw what’s not on it by looking at recordings of your games. You’re a selfless midfielder with a team-first attitude. Everyone remembers me as a player who put up goals. That was only about 5% of my job. The rest of it was the little things that win games. You do those things. I’ve got a midfield starting spot open next season. Now, I’ve got a Sophomore who’s been riding the bench the last two seasons and he’s going to give it his best to make the team, but it’s going to be an open competition. If you come here and work hard, you can win that spot,” Alana said.

“That’s fair,” Maghan said.

“We appreciate your honesty,” Mrs. Morzza said. “We were told by her coach that there was a decent chance Maghan wouldn’t play immediately in college. The most we can hope for is a chance for her.”

“Based on what she’s done in high school, she has a good chance to start and play next season with us. Athletics aside, I hope by now the tour guides have convinced you how much a UBCS education is worth. I wanted my son to go here when he was getting recruited for that reason, so I believe in the degree,” Alana said.

“I want to play for UBCS,” Maghan told Alana confidently.

“Welcome to the team,” Alana said, shaking hands all around.

It was a typical recruiting meeting--except for one thing: the Morzzas were Kurtzen.

When Alana played her last game as a Miner, there weren’t any Kurtzen on Bakura. It hadn’t been until a decade ago that members of the species had been found by none other than Falene Trieste during one of her trips into the Unknown Regions. They were the descendants of slaves taken by the Sith in their conquest of Bakura over 70 years earlier. The Bakuran government had helped the Kurtzen (and any willing Sith partisans who were willing to put past strife behind them) resettle on their homeworld. Many lived in reservation grants throughout the planet. The Morzzas resided on land that straddled Watercrest and its neighboring county.

Last season there had only been two Kurtzen in the Bak10. Alana felt that was a crime. Kurtzen were intrinsic to the history of her homeworld and she’d seen firsthand what they could do in limmie when an all-Kurtzen team had bounced her Beavers from the 292 All-Bakura high school limmie tournament. She’d made it a personal goal to make sure her Blue Birds had at least one Kurtzen, but she wasn’t going to tell the Morzzas that. That might make them think Mahgan was being recruited just because she was Kurtzen, which wasn’t true. Mahgan was the best midfielder Alana thought the Blue Birds could get. It would just be a bonus if Alana could turn her into the first Kurtzen ever selected in an ELL draft.

As the Morzzas walked off, Alana consulted her datapad to confirm who was next. She got a notification from her BBC Sports app informing her that the Miners had used their second round pick on Jimsey Vigo from Ralltiir University. Alana arched an eyebrow. That might get awkward later.

But that wasn’t her problem. She needed to focus on her next meeting. It might be the most important one of the year.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Trazi Jul

There’s an audible gasp from my mother as the Miner’s make their pick. It’s been all over HSN for the past year and she still can’t believe one of the Vigo’s is going to another team. Personally, I think it’s great. Jimsey just proved he could be selected by someone else. I may have done the same if my father owned the team. It’s different for me, because no one in my family even works for the organization anymore. The one person who did, my mother, doesn’t even want me to join the team. At least not right now.

As Jimsey crosses the stage to accept his Miners jersey a shot of Richard Vigo is shown. He applauds wildly with a huge smile on his face.

My mother’s data pad buzzes, “Who could that be? Richard Vigo.” She answers swiftly. “You are on the clock, this must be important. I hope you know I haven’t done any research. I’m not a scout anymore.” My mom says lightly.

“Of course I didn’t make the trip. What do you mean you’re surprised I’m not there,” my mother’s voice fades in confusion and my heart stops. “She did what?” There’s a long pause. I want to get up and leave the room, but I know I can’t. “You indeed spoiled it,” my mom says quietly looking in my direction. I see a stray tear go down her cheek. “No, it’s okay. I’ll record it. Thank you, Mr. Vigo.”

Mom looks at Dad, “They are going to draft Trazi,” she says. “Here take this,” she hands her data pad to my father. “Richard is going to send a link, record Trazi’s reaction.” My mom tears up now and looks in my direction. “I always knew I’d cry when you got drafted,” she manages.

“Give your mom a hug,” my dad says.

I uncross my legs and stand up. “Mom, I’m sorry.” I say as I approach the sofa.

She stands up, “Don’t be,” she says as she attempts to slow her tears. “It’s what you wanted. I should have listened.” My mom stands up and we hug for what seems like a long time. Meanwhile my dad had started recording.

I look at the family holo and there it is a picture of me and my mom hugging and crying for the whole galaxy to see. “Zenner, you too.” My mom says. My dad holds the data pad in his best attempt at a selfie position to get us all in the frame. It’s several more picks before I fully realize what has happened.

I am a Ralltiir Starkiller.

Tag: @Jedi Gunny

Trieste, Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• BBC Sports releases annual preseason prediction for Bak10 standings.
    1. UB Telaan Valley
    2. University of Evenvale
    3. Prytis College of Natural Sciences
    4. Bakura Fleet Academy
    5. Atalanta University
    6. UB Gesco City
    7. Tiarest University
    8. UB Cape Suzette
    9. College of Deredith & Millicent
    10. UB Salis D'aar
    • Traditional powerhouse UBTV expected to win first conference title since 290.
    • Defending champions Bakura Fleet Academy ranked behind 296 champions PCNS.
      • PCNS star Olivar Kirt enters his Junior season.
    • BBC predicts exact same finish for UBCS under new head coach Alana Kirt as Blue Birds had in 297.
      • BBC Sports analyst: “I love her confidence, but Kirt is just plain wrong that being a midfielder coach at the high school level prepares her to run a college program. This is going to be a tough season for her.”
      • When asked about UBCS's ranking, Kirt offered this assessment.
    • Longtime powerhouse UBSD expected to plunge to the bottom of the conference.

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    "The Coruscant Senators select Ray Cadbury, Half Back from the Royal College of Hapes".

Vehn, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"...with the 10th overall pick in the 298 ELL first Year Player Draft the Mando'ade Mercs select...Jyn Yosi, midfielder from UBTV..."

"Whoa!"

"That's...surprising."

"I know we needed a middie, but Yosi wasn't rated as highly as the others..."

"Yeah the HSN top rated middie was still there on the board..."

"Hey guys, you know what this means?"

"Could mean anything, what are ya getting at?"

"Mercs took Bak10 players with every selection this year."

"What the shab?"

"The Bakura Miners are now on the clock."

Vehn, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Coruscant Senators pick up a number of free agents
      • Jerr Tatheny (Togrutan, Female, Defensive Back) and Tipa Sabur (Zelosian, Female, Half Back) return to the Senators
      • Mela Wells (Zeltron, Female, Half Forward, Bakura Miners)
      • Spern Brier "Rocket" (Amaran, Male, Left Corner Forward, Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Senators also sign some of last season's undrafted players to entry-level contracts
      • Zhoobal (Whipid, Male, Defensive Back, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute)
      • Zirso'ewez'fizuu (Chiss, Male, Forward, University of Csilla)
    • Mando'ade Mercs resign Grute (Species indeterminate, Male, Right Corner Forward)
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Jedi Gunny

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Vehn and Jedi Gunny like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

“He’s a good kid,” Vese Myr said as he and Alana watched the prospect pass with one of the Blue Bird’s trainers. “Heart’s in the right place when push comes to shove. And I’d know--I’ve had to shove him more than once.”

“Not onto the limmie field though with the way he plays,” Alana said. “He’s got excellent form.”

“He should, I trained him myself,” Myr grunted, “but I wonder if he should sign with you given your powers of perception. I had to drag him onto the field. He wanted no part of my ‘old man’s game.’”

“So is this visit a decision on your part too?” Alana asked bluntly. “Because I don’t want someone who doesn’t want to be here. I don’t have time for that.”

“I made him do the Tiarest and Fleet Academy visits, but this one was one of his,” Myr admitted. “He thought you were worth meeting.”

It would have been inaccurate to call Myr a parent. This recruit was not his son, but rather his ward. Myr had explained that he’d become guardian of the boy at a young age and declined to elaborate further.

“And do you feel the trip was worth it?” Alana posed the question with nonchalance.

“My opinion doesn’t matter. This will be the first decision he gets to make for himself in his life. I’m not going to influence him one way or the other.” Alana’s translation: you’re rebuilding a cellar dweller of a team and if the kid is dumb enough to buy into your crazy dream, it’s no skin off my back.

Before Alana could say anything else, Myr whistled sharply. The young man gave the boloball one last pass and trotted over to the pair. “OK, you can say you kicked the ball around Blue Bird Stadium in the presence of a Hall of Famer. Time to focus on business and not something you can do at the park back home. What more do you want to know from Coach?”

“What do you need?” the recruit asked Alana.

“For my daughter to stop begging me for a new speeder,” Alana replied. “Or did you mean for the Blue Birds?”

The recruit smirked. “Fine. The latter.”

“To fill my opening at Full Back, my last line of defense. It’s a tough job, but one I need done well or this season is over before it begins,” Alana said, getting down to brass tacks. “I think we all know that you’re one of the best defenders in the county, possibly on Bakura. Every program on this planet would love to get you and there are plenty offworld who would love to poach you. Your highlight reel speaks for itself. You can make an impact on day one. Unlike a lot of other recruits, you’re going to start wherever you go. What that means is that this comes down to what you want.”

“What I want…” the defender said, looking at Vese Myr as if this was an amusing idea.

“So here’s what you’ll get if you become a Blue Bird: you’ll be doing the most good. I saw my son do it when he joined PCNS. He took them from worst to first in a season and they’re still burning things up. You’re going to change the culture by coming here. At a bigger program you’re going to be just one cog in somebody else’s system. What you’d do here would matter. If this team wins, it’ll be because you played amazing limmie,” Alana said. That was it: the best pitch she had for the most ambitious recruiting target on her board.

The high schooler looked at the stadium for almost half a minute. Alana wondered if he was envisioning his life as a Blue Bird. “Vese always said I had a gift and that one day I’d be the one to decide what I did with it. I guess doing some good isn’t the worst thing in the galaxy.” He extended his hand. “You have yourself a deal. Let’s slay some giants.”

Alana shook it. “Welcome to the team, Gerald Riviera.”

As the pair walked away and Alana silently celebrated nailing her last key recruit, Vese Myr looked over his shoulder. “Hey, your old team took Demba. Looks like they’re stocking up on forwards.”

“After last year’s Final, can you blame them?” Alana threw back.

The issues of the Miners weren’t her concern though. She had a bunch of adult kids to turn into a limmie team that might win a couple of limmie games...somehow...

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Mando'ade Mercs add one more forward, pulling in Dirrnar Bos'lik (Bothan, Female, Forward) formerly of the Coruscant Senators

Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Ord Mantell

The stench of the smelters was strong. It made the smell of garbage on Nar Shaddaa seem miniscule in comparison. Huge scrap yards of derelict warships, junk metal, and anything else discarded by the galaxy and rusting under the oppressive heat lay here and there.

The ratty old practice field had never looked better.

Martia gripped her datapad as tightly as she'd been trained to grip her rifle during her days with the Third Tawntoom. Her eyes cast an unwavering gaze upon the young forward who was eager to make a name for himself in a sea of names. This wasn't her first time assessing talent. While a player on the Smugglers, Paak often ran the scout team. The team assigned to play like the other squad so as to help train the offense and defense on how to react.

Head Coach Shady Lerouex had been the one to put Paak into position to succeed. Martia had done well but her tenure and methods were still developing. Now was not the time to get cute. Now was the time to see just what sort of impact she could make away from the field by helping guide the Smugglers to choosing their next level talent on the field.

"Good cut! Get it! Get it! Get it!" Shouted the Ord Mantell prospect's coach as the young athlete hammered out a meticulous routine.

Martia ignored the barking from the coach. That was old hat to her. That was routine. Instead her eyes focused on footwork, focused on carriage, focused on lines, and subtly confidence. She wanted to see that this kid had "it". Had the intangibles. Had the measurements. The rest of the stuff would come later.

The Ord Mantell prospect dropped back and attempted a goal with pressure in his face. The shot went wild. Paak jotted down a few notes on her datapad never tipping her hand or her emotions. This was business. There was no room here to be doing anything but paying attention to sound fundmentals and technique.

The second series show cased the speed of the prospect as the Ord Mantell native caught up to a blown coverage and tackled the would be score from behind stopping any additional points on the board. That was something Martia thought as she jotted down more notes.

The last demonstration was of the Ord Mantell prospect calling out plays. The cadence, the bark of the voice, they were all designed to relay the power offense through the full forward. It wasn't too much unlike what Martia had done during her long tenure with the Smugglers. All 16 years of it. She could feel the old power return in her tired joints. Yes, there was still some strength there but not enough to get back into the game and risk getting hurt. Besides, the Smugglers had moved on without her. There was some good stuff going on here at Ord Mantell.

"Thank you," Martia said to the coach, "we'll be in touch."

Martia didn't greet the prospect. That wasn't her purpose. She was here to get data, take it back home to Nar Shaddaa, and let he front office do with it what they wanted. No, the interviews and the personality questions that would come later. Much later. Assuming this person even makes it that far.

Martia boarded the shuttle and double checked her itinerary, "Bakura. Great."

Tag: @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• ELL prepares for start of 298 season by releasing regular season schedule
    • Lokensgaard: "We continue to refine the schedule process. In 296 we essentially had back-to-back round robin tournaments. In 297 we mixed the weeks up so there was more variety, but when Team A played Team B, Team C always played D. Now there's only two weeks out of ten where that's the case, specifically Weeks 1 and 3. My schedulers tell me they couldn't find an easy way to get around that, but I bet if there is a way they probably know it on Euceron."
      • "Why Euceron? Why not?"
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 (you aren't forgotten!) @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Trazi Jul

This should be an interesting pick. Do the Starkillers go off the board twice in one night? I’d hate to have even more competition for a starting role next year. I mean heck, the plan for me could be Tatooine next season. Getting drafted is no guarantee you play. I know for a fact that Churb, the current starting goal keeper isn’t going anywhere and that Ezra Vigo is the Starkillers keeper of the future. There's 2 midfielders and a keeper left on the board.

As Richard Vigo walks across the stage for the final pick I hold hands with my parents on the sofa. Our little family unit has never felt closer as in this moment. “With the final pick of the 298 ELL draft the Ralltiir Starkillers select Louise Till Half Back, Homeschool Ralltiir.”

Ah, yes the infamous Louise Till and the even more infamous Homeschool team that lost to every prep school they played last season. They could barely field a team. Paid their way into our league. Probably every credit of it right out of Madelyn Wake’s pocket. Madelyn is Louise’s mother and she’s Richard’s mother too. Some beings would tell you credits can’t buy everything. The Vigo/Wake/Till whatever you want to call that family. They will prove credits can buy anything.

Tag: @ everyone draft is over

Vehn, Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Well the pre season rankings are out and to no one's surprise last year's champs are ranked at the top..."

"They lost a good 'keeper in Vac Seene who graduated and declared for the draft, but word around the league was she wouldn't be ready for the galactic stage for a couple of years..."

"If ever."

...it's going to be hard for the Warriors to repeat with a second year cadet between the pipes."

"While a UTA team bringing back 20 seniors holds down the number two spot."

"They are going to be a tough, tough team this season."

"Another good team sits back at number ten in CorTech..."

"The S16 is their's to lose I'm sad to say..."

"Meanwhile UBTV starts out at number 16 as the highest ranked team in the Bak10..."

"They started early this year didn't they?"

"Yeah, Bak10 got picked as the kickoff specials, they actually have some games going on right now."

"...while another Bak10 team, Prytis College of Natural Sciences, rounds out the HSN Top 25."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports..."

"Hold it there Ken, we just got a final score from the season's first contest."

"Oh? Let me check this out."

"Yikes."

"Looks like Alana Glencro..."

"Kirt!"

"Oh yeah."

"I got you sister!"

"...career as a head coach gets off to a rocky start as the UB Cape Suzette Blue Birds lose to Atalanta University 21 to 16. Titans are the answer to the trivia question for the first winners of 298! I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Pre Season Top 25

1. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    2. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    3. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    4. Cloud City University, Bespin
    5. University of Onderon Rupings
    6. University of Agamar
    7. Druckenwell Technical University
    8. University of Bison
    9. Royal College of Hapes
    10. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    11. Technical institute of Jakku
    12. University of Csilla
    13. Ralltiir University
    14. Taanab A&M University
    15. Derrling College of Technology
    16. UB Telaan Valley
    17. University of Kuat
    18. Balmorra State University
    19. The Ord Sabaok University
    20. Namaryne System University, Rydonni Prime
    21. University of Thyferra
    22. University of Evenvale
    23. Lorrd University
    24. University of Ryell Clemency, Rydonni Prime
    25. Prytis College of Natural Sciences

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Wow, seriously folks? Two college updates in a row here?"

"Well the college bolo ball season is in full swing now, and it looks like the we already have our first major upset of the season as number three VCU fell to Kamino U..."

"That was a huge upset..."

"Especially since it might be the only game KU wins all season, that's a bad team that just got overlooked by a superior one."

"Other early season losers include number six Agamar and number 13 Ralltiir U..."

"I expect them to both bounce back, along with VCU."

"...to go along with number 19 The Ord Sabaok University..."

"Man being ranked outside the top 16 to start the season and now this?"

"Going to be a long season for you my man."

"Meanwhile the bottom of the top 25 looks to be dominated by one league as both UBTV and University of Evanvale fell, but UB Cape Suzette defeated the Cubs of UBGC 36 to four to give Coach Glen..."

"Kirt!"

"...her first Bak10 win as a head coach."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week One (LW)

1. Keldabe Military Institute, Mandalore (1)
    2. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead (2)
    3. Cloud City University, Bespin (4)
    4. University of Onderon Rupings (5)
    5. University of Bison (8)
    6. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (3)
    7. Royal College of Hapes (9)
    8. Druckenwell Technical University (7)
    9. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (10)
    10. Technical institute of Jakku (11)
    11. University of Agamar (6)
    12. Derrling College of Technology (15)
    13. University of Kuat (17)
    14. University of Csilla (12)
    15. Taanab A&M University (14)
    16. Balmorra State University (18)
    17. Ralltiir University (13)
    18. Lorrd University (23)
    19. University of Thyferra (21)
    20. University of Ryell Clemency, Rydonni Prime (24)
    21. Namaryne System University, Rydonni Prime (20)
    22. UB Telaan Valley (16)
    23. The Ord Sabaok University (19)
    24. UB Cape Suzette (NR)
    25. University of Evenvale (22)

Trieste likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.