main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Europe Meeting - 2004

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by WhiteHorse, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    And soon, more pics and videos! :eek: :D

2. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
  3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    @ Manu Nam? :confused:

And you told us, you haven't any time to upload the pics, Tiago... Now we know why. ;)
    Really cool website, Tiago! :D

The pics are great! :D Thanks for showing them us. :)
    And I know now, how much I miss the sea.

Wow! :D

4. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    @ Manu Nam?

What's wrong, Sabine?:confused:

If you mean what "ñam" means, is what the spanish say when someone is eating. ;)

Hope you liked the pics ;)

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Meesa really like the pics! :)

And as you probably already know, I'm even more jealous now after seeing the pics... :_|

6. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    [face_devil]

You should have come! :_|

7. Enji

May 14, 2002
    EDIT: Hey, don't edit while I'm writing... :p

Yeah... I should have ben there. But ah well. I'll have to come another time.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Nam is like "enjoy your meal", like "bon appetit"? :eek:
    Now I know why some people in Germany say "njam, njam" (sounds like the spanish nam) when they saw something really well tasting meal. ;) :D :p

And yes, I enjoy your pics, too! :D Thanks! :D

And I am more jealous now... :_|

9. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Sorry for editing :(

I'll have to come another time

At last next one will be closer to you :p

EDIT:

Nam is like "enjoy your meal", like "bon appetit"?

Sure not! You know, that's called "Buen probecho"

You say Ñam Ñam when something you see/eat is good! :D

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Great photos, thanks for posting :D :)

Looks like you might have your work cut-out for you to match this meet Nina ;)
    But don't worry, I'm confident you will do a great job :)

We say Bon appetite in England too, but I don't think we say anything like Njam, njam or Ñam Ñam. The only words like that I can think of are yummy or yum, yum ;)
    Oh, we also say Cheese when we have our photograph taken, a bit like your Patata! :D

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    nam, njam and yam sounds almost the same... so, there's no big difference. Maybe "njam" is just a word creation by myself. So there is just nam and yam. ;) :D

Edit: And why can everyone but me put an "~" over the "n"? [face_plain]

12. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    We say Bon appetite in England too, but I don't think we say anything like Njam, njam or Ñam Ñam.

No, really. WE've got "buen probecho" which is like "bon appetite". Ñam Ñam is for example when you're eating a thing you like so much ;)

13. Enji

May 14, 2002
    This is interesting... in Sweden we say "nam nam" if we enjoy the food... although it's mostly kid's language, and not used that much. ;)

Sabine, I have a nifty little key on my keyboard with the ~ on it... I press down alt gr and press the ¨-button... although I'm not sure your keyboard looks the same as mine. (Probably not...)

ñ~ñ~ñ~ñ~ñ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:p

14. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    hehehe
    in my keyboard i have a key just to do the ~ and the ^
    its for making a ¨ that i need the alt gr key :p
    And do you have the ç ? :) I have a key just for it.
    so that i can do the litle ç and the big Ç

hihi :p

15. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I don't have a key for that little thing on the c, and I can't be bothered to find the alt-code for it now... :p

16. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
  17. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Cool! I really like the panoramic pictures! :D

18. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I'm home, finally :p

Tiago thank you soooo much for all the work you had!! I hope it was more than worth it. I really enjoyed my stay in Lisbon. And I just can't understand how some people can't love this beautiful city.
    You made us feel more than cared for. I even felt sometimes like I don't have to think a lot, because you Tiago, will do it for me also :p

It is still overwhelming for me, how warm welcomed we where and how lovely everyone from the FFPortugal was. You guys where great! [face_love]
    HeonKaar, a special "Thanks [:D] " to you for the lifts!!! It was brilliant to have the chance to spend some more time with Mara and you!!!

I have to say, I was a bit worried in the beginning how it will be meeting you guys. But I had absolutly no reason to feel like that!!

Manu, I don't know what to say about you :p You really helped to break the ice earlier than I expected!! :* :D [:D]

Thank you so much for the gifts!! I love the CD and we are still looking for a special place for the illustration! Thank you very much!!
    But the best gift are for sure my memories of the meeting! The thousands of pictures can only show half of the fun and the great time we had together!
    We want to let you all know: You have friends in Germany!! [face_love] [:D]

And I'm sure, we haven't already decided where the next Europe meeting will take place. So, I would like to bring Berlin into the discussion! It would be an great honour for me, to organise a meeting in 2005!! :D ;)
    But still a lot time to decide ;)

19. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Welcome home, Jule! :) I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time... :)

As for the meeting next year, we've been lobbying since, well, 2002 or something for Sweden to have it, but nothing's official, so if there are more candidates they are welcome! :)

20. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Jule!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm so glad to hear from you! I hope you had a good trip back home! And the one you had after coming from Portugal! :p

I have to say, I was a bit worried in the beginning how it will be meeting you guys.

I had the same feeling. But now, that we know each other, I understand there was no reason of that ;)

Manu, I don't know what to say about you :p

Hey, I hope good things [face_worried] :p ;)

You really helped to break the ice earlier than I expected!!:* :D [:D]

Hey, a lot of people use to say that to me! :p And I also hope that's good!

The truth thing is that I really enjoyed your company those days :* [:D], as Michi's, Ana's, Tiago's, Mara's and Mace's. Everyone was so so good with the rest. That's why, probably, this meeting was so good :D [face_hugs_for_everyone] [:D]

We want to let you all know: You have friends in Germany!!

Remember what I said in the bus station? ;)

So, I would like to bring Berlin into the discussion! It would be an great honour for me, to organise a meeting in 2005!!

Wow! :D I've got my personal feelings about the candidates, but hey, whereever it will be, I'm already saving money :p

21. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    Welcome back, Jule! [:D]

I'm glad you enjoyed the meeting and Lisbon. :D

And also glad you liked the illustration! [face_peace] Sorry we gave it to you in the last possible day, but there was a problem getting the frames. :p

It was great meeting all of you! [face_peace] You're all very nice. [:D]

22. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    "Tiago thank you soooo much for all the work you had!! I hope it was more than worth it. I really enjoyed my stay in Lisbon. And I just can't understand how some people can't love this beautiful city. "

You are welcome Julia. :) Really enjoyed the days :) And really glad all my work was worth it and that you have all a positive memory of it. Treasure that [:D]
    I won't call Lisbon more beautyfull than Paris. But there are some foreing that really fall in love with Lisbon. And i am glad for that. As Lisbon is my home, and even despite other cities being more beautyfull it's my city, and its always in my heart and makes me happy, where i really feel like home.

"You made us feel more than cared for. I even felt sometimes like I don't have to think a lot, because you Tiago, will do it for me also :p "

That was my objective since the begining, even before knowing if lisbon would be choosed as the host. Glad that my objective was fuffiled :)

Now i am more motivated to go to the next meeting :) Either Sweden or Germany :) To re-encounter you and meet more ppl yet :) And this time, being me the one to discover a new city ;)

Just wished more could have come to this meeting in Lisbon. Really did put much work into it, and wanted to has many possible would disfrute of it. Only 3 did, but even so it was worth it :) i have no doubts :) And u all became my personal friends :)

Hugs and :* 's

Edit:
    Also hope that some of my concept ideas can be taken from here to the future.
    Being the most important one, not to organize 3 days, but from wednesday to sunday.

23. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Welcome back Jule :D :D

I'm determined to go to the future Euro meets where ever they may be :)

Tiago, I do feel bad that you went to a great deal of trouble and effort to plan this years meet and only very few could attend. I think part of the problem for some is that we went to Jedi-Con in Germany during Easter, so trying to also go to this meet proved tricky because of time and money. And a few of us need to save for C3 next year too. But I really appreciate the job you have done, plenty of happy people here that's for sure ;)

BTW can I be nosey and ask what the illustration was??? It's my kind of department you see ;) :)

24. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    i did a welcome book with a altered logo of ffe. but the ilustration she is refering was made by mara, so i guess she should be the one to answer and show it. :)

And yeah i understand thats its tricky but even so i had to go forward with the meeting project, even if i waited another year, i dont know if ppl would not have other reasons for not comming, and i also didn't know if i could be available to organize it then. So it really was 2004 or maybe nothing.

25. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    BTW can I be nosey and ask what the illustration was??? It's my kind of department you see

It was a green planet, a starry (red-ish glow) background and FanForce Europe Meeting's symbol.

I'll post a small version of it soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.