main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Season of Star Wars The Clone Wars now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by kryptonjedi, Feb 14, 2013.

?

Favorite Season of the Clone Wars

1. Season One

2. Season Two

3. Season Three

4. Season Four

5. Season Five

6. Season Six

7. Season Seven

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Nah... Some fans will complain about the Barriss retcon and say that they'll never watch the series again... and then watch the series again when Season 6 starts.

2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Ah, good ole' Riff Tamson. I hope LucasFilm doesn't listen to the fans that disliked the Mon Cala arc and give us another battle with the Karkarodons. Perhaps it can take place on Glee Anselm?

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Ditto. I want to like this season more, but I can't.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Must resist....adding S5....to my rankings.

07jonesj likes this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_rofl] In case any noobs are assuming this is a joke...it's not. It's really, really not.

QuangoFett, earlchinna and 07jonesj like this.
  6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    After much deliberating, my favorite season is...

Season 2! Great mix of multi-episode arcs and solid stand alone episodes. Lightsaber Lost is an excellent standalone episode, possibly best of the series. Hell, my wife isn't a fan of the show or Star Wars (she'll watch the movies, but not unless I put them on) and she actively sat down and watched the episode from start to finish. I think all around its just such a great mix. You get bounty hunters, sith, Anakin/Padme stuff, return to Geonosis, clone stories, Obi-Wan/Satine, a fun prequel to TCW movie, Zillo Beast and the return of Boba, Bossk, Aurra and Slave 1. Only misstep for me was Senate Murders.

Runner-up would have to be Season 5, with four great arcs featuring series altering moments and one arc that wasn't so great (D-squad). Though I did like the first and third episodes in that arc, especially the Gregor episode.

Then it's Season 4 (another great mix of arcs and some solid stand alone episodes), Season 3 (Solid start, weak middle, strong back-end of episodes) and finally Season 1. Though to be fair to season 1, I think season 3 has more weak episodes than season 1 did. Especially with season 3 coming off of the fantastic season 2.

7. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    Season 5. Favorite arc.......D-Squad. I thought that Gascon was fantastic and Missing in Action was one of my all time favorite episodes.

VanishingReality likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Leave this forum... and never return. [face_skull]

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    From the official website:

The strange regolith that covers the surface twists light in such a way as to obscure shadows and leave no tracks. Particulates in the atmosphere cause the sunlight to diffuse into a uniform orange glow, so it is nearly impossible to tell direction or time of day.

Dark Lord Tarkas and 07jonesj like this.
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Very cool, even if I still think it was lame not to explain it in the arc, thanks for sharing!

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Bumping up this thread for obvious reasons

Now that Season 5 is complete I can accurately rate this.

Season 4 > Season 5 > Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 1

That's the complete list. S5 pulled a comeback.

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    This is what I said last week and I'm sticking with it, despite the stellar final episode. I absolutely love the last two arcs, and think the Younglings arc was a ton of fun, I even like Onderon a lot more than most around here, but the D-squad arc is the very worst this entire show has produced, and it's smack in the middle of the season, and it manages to hurt the overall season so much.

No season since the first has had episodes that I truly despised like those Gascon and WAC "adventures".

This season contains 2 of my "10/10" episodes, of which this show only holds 5. It really hurts me to rate this season so low, but I can't ignore the D-squad arc, I have to rate the whole season.

Did I enjoy this season? Yes, very much so. I just hope Season 6 is more consistent and doesn't contain a horrifically uninteresting story arc like this one did.

13. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    This is still how i feel. The last two arcs of the season were the best two arcs of the series, just amazing beyond belief. The other arcs drag down my overall opinion of the season though.

07jonesj likes this.
  14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Now that season 5 is over, this is my ranking:

Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 5 > Season 1 > Season 4

While Season 5 had 2 of my favorite arcs, I didn't find it enjoyable enough overall to pass Season 2 or 3.

15. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    1. Season 4
    2. Season 2
    3. Season 5 - Around the same level as Season 3.
    4. Season 3
    5. Season 1

07jonesj likes this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Alright, after seeing the Ahsoka arc I've changed my mind.

1. Season 5
    2. Season 4
    3. Season 2
    4 . Season 3
    5. Season 1

17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    1. Season 4 -- I found this particular season to be overwhelmingly consistent in quality (16-20 episodes were worth watching more than once), with plenty of fascinating stories.
    2. Season 5 -- The Shadow Conspiracy and Ahsoka Fugitive Arcs really brought up an otherwise highly inconsistent season in terms of storytelling quality. The Young Jedi arc was also a pleasant surprise. This season could have used smaller story arcs though.
    3. Season 2 -- Like Season 4, the quality was very consistent throughout, but the stories were not quite as intriguing as future seasons, IMO. Still, it introduced some awesome characters like Cad Bane and Aurra Sing (I realize that the Season 1 finale was their first appearance, but chronologically they appear first in Season 2).
    3 (tie). Season 3 -- Rather inconsistent in terms of quality; the first half contained some of the least watchable episodes in the entire show (Corruption, etc.), yet the second half also had some of my favorites, and it introduced storylines that would have consequences in future seasons (Nightsisters, Ahsoka's character development in Mortis and Padawan Lost duology).
    5. Season 1 -- The show was still finding its footing back then, with many different stories of varying quality. The animation has come a long way since this first season.

18. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    I can't wait to watch it all. I've only just started Season 1. Literally, I'm on episode 1 lol.

19. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Season 4 and Season 1 are tied in my book.

StarWarsZombie likes this.
  20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I guess this season. It had its filler, but it also had Mandalore awesomeness and Ahsoka leaving.

22. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    Deffo Season 4, the Umbaran arc, the Zygerrian slaver arc, Raako Hardeen arc even the Mon Calamari arc. All these storylines were really well done and actually made you excited for the next episode, something that I didn't feel during the Season 5 episodes. The Umbaran/Krell story is, imo, the best thing The Clone Wars ever did, the clone characterizations were excellent and made you actually care for the fates of each of the clones, the animation and sound design too kicked some serious ass in the numerous battle scenes. I never tire of this story.

23. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Best to worst:

1, 5/4 tie, 3 then 2

2 gets the bottom slot because I really don't care for the bounty hunters.

24. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I loved every season but my favorite is definitively season 5.
    So if I have to do an order, it would be :
    Season 5 : because of the animation, Ahsoka arc, the battle of Onderon and Maul arc.
    Season 3 : because of Mortis arc and political episodes.
    Season 4 : because of the Slaves arc, a battle under water and Maul returns ( and Boba too ).
    Season 2 : because there is a second battle on Geonosis and Boba !
    Season 1 : because of the animation, even if at this time it was great but now it's more than great.

25. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    1. Season 2: what a great season – apart from ‘Senate Murders’ I liked it all, especially the Geonosis- and Mandalore-arc (‘Landing at Point Rain’ is my favourite TCW-episode and it – along with the Ryloth-arc from season 1 – illustrates what the Clone Wars should be all about). ‘Grievous Intrigue’ was a good episode as well and ‘The Deserter’ brought great development to Rex (and clones in general). I think there was a good balance between the focus on the big three and other characters.

2. Season 1: a really good start to the show. The Ryloth-arc is one of my all-time favourites, and the Malevolence-arc was enjoyable as well though, the last episode suffered from some poor writing. I liked how the season had episodes focussing on characters like Yoda, Mace, and Kit Fisto, and like season 2, it makes great use of other characters such as Luminara, Aayla Secura and Plo Koon. Unfortunately the season also has too much Jar-Jar and the wasted potential that was the Blue Shadow Virus-duology.

3. Season 4: "Gentlemen, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi punching bag." Despite of this I did enjoy the Slavery- and the Undercover-arc. We also get to see Grievous as a fearsome killing-machine in ‘Massacre’ and Ventress shows that she has grown as a character in ‘Bounty’. Umbara has its moments, but I think it should have been two – maybe three – episodes instead of four.

4. Season 3: it had a few enjoyable episodes like ‘Nightsisters’ and ‘Heroes on Both Sides’, but it also had garbage like Mortis, ‘Assassin’ and ridiculously over-powered Savage Opress (who sadly started out as an interesting character until he got high on green mist). And it had Ashoka ruining the Citadel-arc, which could have been a superb arc but instead turned out to be mediocre.

5. Season 5: the Maul-arc is probably the only thing I’ll ever bother to re-watch from this season. What a disappointment.

Overall, season 1 and 2 was about the Clone Wars while from season 3 and onwards it sadly turned into "The Awesome Ashoka"-show - what a shame.