main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favourite Obscure Pieces of Lore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 19, 2022.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Maybe not.

Grant may have been both too.

2. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Oh huh. Source for this?

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Essential Guide to Warfare, actually.

He's one of the original twenty Moffs with Tarkin, Gann, etc, most of which became Grand Moffs.

Hamburger_Time likes this.
  4. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Duron's entire existence is fairly obscure, i wish we got further expansion of the Qel-Dromas.

5. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    One I just found today: one of the several Mace Windu stories in the Tales anthology comic implies that Jedi can commune with the dead, even the non-Force-sensitive dead. In the story, Mace is tracking down a serial killer who is an expert in cleaning up his crime scenes, to the point the Republic outright gave up on trying to find anything on him that would hold up in court... until the ghosts of his victims, which seem to range into at least the hundreds, tell Mace where to find him.

I can't recall any other story that features non-Force-sensitives appearing as ghosts, unless Kylo's vision of Han in TROS was one.

MercenaryAce and ColeFardreamer like this.
  6. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I seem to remember that Chewbacca saw the ghosts of some people killed by wampas in the Visionaries comic anthology. But I can’t be sure.

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    One of the less-mentioned reasons why having TCW and the original Clone Wars multimedia project in the same continuity doesn't really work: in the former, Rodian Senator Onaconda Farr is portrayed as an old mentor of Padme's such that she calls him "Uncle Ono". But in the latter, they were politically opposed to the extent that Farr actually caricatured her in a play he created! The Trickery of Vosdia Nooma was an unsubtle allegory about the Military Creation Act where the title character, after being propelled to a position of power in his Rodian village by a personal tragedy, refuses to take up arms when a threat to his leadership appears and meets with tragedy. The HNN review is obviously unconvinced by the editorializing (although ironically one of the things they call out is oddly prescient...) but actually enjoyed the play - but there's also a hilarious bit about how Farr actually wrote a cameo for himself where he plays an all-knowing oracle, something so ridiculous that it "may serve to blunt his entire platform".

...Which in turn reminds me of one of my favorite things from the new-canon Propaganda book: one of the posters in the Clone Wars section was commissioned by Mas Amedda and is supposed to portray people of many species working together to support the Republic. However, the Chagrian in the picture is so obviously Amedda himself that, the description notes, the poster's campaign instead just convinced people that he had a ridiculously oversized ego and was a total failure.

8. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree. Revan’s son, Vaner Shan, who wasn’t Force Sensitive, is obscure too. I’d like to know more about him, being the child of Jedi titans like Revan and Bastila.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  9. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Yeah we sorta see him at the end of his journey in the epilogue of Revan, middle aged and with kids, we never see what his life was like, what sorts of hardships he went through rebuilding the galaxy from what it was in KOTOR II as a politician not a Jedi, it would be interesting to see especially for those that want more info on the time period.

Also we don't know he wasn't force sensitive, my impression from reading the novel was more like he was force sensitive, but chose to live a different life than that of a Jedi,one that was more needed in the time period he lived in.

It would have made for a great story, maybe a couple of small books detailing multiple generations of the Shans in the 300 year time skip between KOTOR II and SWTOR, from Vaner to Satele's parents, would have been a great way to show that transitional period, and showing how the Shans were the Skywalkers of their era by being coincidentally almost always main players.

MercenaryAce and Kato Sai like this.
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Hmmm I read Vaner wasn’t For e Sensitive. [face_thinking]
    Gonna need to look up the source.

I would very much like to see the descendants of Revan loving their lives. :)

11. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    For what it's worth, the wookieepedia lists him as non-force sensitive, so maybe i just misinterpreted the book or something hahahaha.

Still his story sounds quite interesting form the little we know from the book, as well as the particular time period he was active in, we know Revan sacrificed his sanity fighitng the Emperor's mind for 300 years with the intention that his direct descendants won't have to face war and have peaceful lives, but that doesn't mean nothing of note happened to the Shans at all, after all they are still important 300 years later, they could have simply faced challenges that weren't on the scale of a big war against the Sith, but still notable.

Kato Sai likes this.
  12. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    Theron's strained relationships towards both of his parents, and the legacy of his ancestors especially by the time the Rishi Arc comes around, was very well done. To grow up in the shadow of a legacy that large, I'd imagine it's almost maddening in a way. You also have all of these hinted-at stories with Tasiele Shan, Satele's mother, and her own presumably strained relationship with the then-Jedi council. I mean they all but excommunicated her(maybe Atris's descendant was on the council at that time lol). I wouldn't mind a self contained story about another one of the Shan descendants elsewhere in the timeline, maybe 150 years after K2 for example, or just a continuation/prequel of the family tree that's been established so far.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interestingly, one of Yoda's lines in ESB implies that seeing the past and the dead were as standard abilities of the jedi as seeing the future - but in stories sense, seeing the future comes up a lot, but seeing the past only appears occasionally in the form of rare psychometry , and seeing the dead, as you point out, almost never comes up except in the form of force ghosts, which is more an ability on the ghost's part than the jedi seeing them.

Kato Sai likes this.
  14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Guess Yoda was speaking more of ancient times than the PT era Jedi. They forbade visions of the future for misinterpreting them, they forbade seeing the past to not reawaken the Sith and be influenced by what the NSW Reformations thereafter locked away in the past. As for the dead... same procedure. Lets not reawaken the past or be influenced by it.

First the Jedi closed themselves off to all that due to the risks, then the Force had a hard time reaching them when the shroud of the Dark Side fell and warnings were ignored. To the point Jedi tapped in the dark trying to get visions but feeling unable to reach the Force and getting any aside quick reflex boosts and the usual tricks. The Force needed reawakening for the Jedi as well as the post ROTS Jedi finding their relationship to it anew.

QuinlanSolo and MercenaryAce like this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Probably because seeing the past would show you things that you already know while seeing the future could inform your actions.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting idea, but it isn't like we saw it a lot in KOTOR or ToTJ either, or with the NJO for that matter. Plus, if it was something the jedi forbid why would Yoda mention it so casually to Luke?

I dunno. I could see a lot of situations where seeing the past could be more useful than seeing the future, especially since the future is in motion while the past is fixed. Even if it was limited to your own experiences, it would be better than relying on memories alone, and if you could see other parts of the past it would be a great tool for investigation.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Seeing the past could be useful if you forgot something, and if it was someone else’s past, you’d learn some details of their life.

18. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    It is *possible* that Grant also held both titles at once too. I made a post on that a few months ago.

19. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    another obscure lore that has quite a history:

The Jedi Path Deluxe Edition featured a section about the Prophecy of the Chosen One, which were ripped out of the book so that only the first letters of each word starting each line could be read.

Now the less fancy non-Deluxe version could not rip out pages but had to obscure it in another way. Thus this Trade Edition has the entire pages but the text is blacked out as if censored leaving only the longer top and bottom parts of letters visible giving us a good guess at what might be on there.

The ebook version tried yet another route, electronically scrambling the entire page so that only few words were visible in different parts of the page.

Of course fans would try to decipher it. Of course each version added to the other gave lots of clues. But no full text either! Still we got the fully restored version because Thx to amazon and a clever fans tricks of adjuting color settings, preview pages for Jedi Path could be made readeable where text had been blacked out with a different method! The different colors for blacking out marker and black ink allowed to turn the text readable via adjustment of colors and light settings of the page images.

Even the author was surprised to learn how fans got to read this part of the book that was written but never meant to see the light of day. See Dan Wallace's comments to the fb gallery!

See images of the various methods here as well as the made readeable blacked out version, enjoy:

fb gallery:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2093127164070713&type=3

original source:
    https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/43579/missing-text-of-the-prophecy-of-the-chosen-one

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    What if The Chosen One Prophecy is a Sith crafted false prophecy, perhaps even from The Sith’ari Prophecy. Because it helped place Anakin in the Jedi rolls, and Palpatine was able to use him for Order 66. I even wonder if Qui-Gon was manipulated by Palpatine through false visions to The Jedi Seers, and if the entire thing was a snare. Because we know Palpatine influenced Anakin with visions and The Jedi Temple was built on a dark side shrine, which only helped “cloud their vision.” (Lord Tyranus).

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    GrandMoffTrachta and Sarge like this.
  22. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    The Design reminds me strongly on Tulak Hord

Maybe an Ancestor?

Gesendet von meinem Nokia G22 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    Kato Sai likes this.
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Let’s see this Unidentified Red Armored Sith Lord live in 6900 BBY, Tulak Hord estimated rule is 5600 BBY, and as I understand it counts down like B.C. or B.C.E, so yes it is possible he could be a descendant of Tulak. :)

Did Tulak Hord have any mistresses or a wife?

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    Sinrebirth and Darth Caliban like this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    @Kato Sai, Tulak Hord is more likely 6,900 BBY than 5,600 BBY, surely?

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well Naga Sadow was born in 5,000 BBY, and Tulak Hord died hundreds of years before Sadow. Sadow died 4,400 BBY on Yavin IV, but that would mean Sadow & Hord lived a very long time.

If 5,600 BBY is correct for Tulak Hord’s reign, that would fit for his reigning years and two centuries leading to his death before Sadow in 5,000 BBY.

Of course all I have to go off of is online sources.

Do you have something more concrete like a published work or that new timeline book? Does it have the Legends dates?

Darth Caliban and Sinrebirth like this.