main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK : Scotland Meet - Edinburgh (Saturday 20th January 2007)

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by JED1, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Hey, do I know you? :p About time you got yourself on here!:D

Hi Baby! :*

Well that now looks like 7 attendees for the meet if Tim manages to get up. Not bad, but we need more! Come on Scottish posters!!!

2. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Cobar_Yik_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Your welcome Hermethya allways good to see a new face (even altho i disapeard for almost 6 months)

yeah need to get some more numbers up would be cool to have a few more :)
    theres still time

3. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Jun 9, 2005
    srry for the double post im talkin wi my cousen atm on the phone atm n he says he may be abil to come woot one more :D

4. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Make sure he registers first CYJ ! :p just to keep things official!

5. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Jun 9, 2005
    i'll see what i can do his pc's down atm

6. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    *Bump*

Any advance on seven?

7. Ewwww, I'm in great amounts of pain!! Never drink during the week, aaarrrghhh!! Damn people for having office nights out!! lol

I'm already in for the next meet, so rock on :D

J

8. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    *BUMP*
    To the top again!

9. Hey hey!!

So whats the latest on the meeting front peeps? Lookin forward to it, will be nice to see some new faces and familiar faces again :D

Hope to have some early script development concepts with me at the time of the meet, so will be nice to show you guys some stuff from our early stages of production :D

Hope everyone had a great christmas, and hope you all have a super happy new year!!

Jonny :)

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Due to a lot of reasons (and none to do with you lot so don't fret [:D] ) this will be one meet in Scotland I won't be able to make. I am gutted, but I promise to make as many as I can (money as usual being a factor). I loved Glasgow, so I am happy to come up there again - and don't forget there is going to be Collectormania Glasgow this year :D And I still definitely want to come to Edinburgh, and basically most places in Scotland :)

I am still around to help this meet in terms of organising tho, will be with you in spirit.

So, who can still make this ...

11. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I'm still up for it although due to unforseen childcare difficulties, the 20th would be a lot better for myself and Lady_Hermethya. Is there a possibility of a change?

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Don't see why not Jed1, and that kinda resolves my dilemma too. I'll check into that date for myself :)

13. Tone

Tone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2005
    The 13th is better for me because I'm not working but I can make the 20th late afternoonish.

14. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Jun 9, 2005
    20th is good for me i'll also beabil to pick up an anaversary prezzy for the wife and it still remain a secrate our anaversary's the 21st happyness is a guy who spends money on his wife ;)

15. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Well if it is the 20th, myself, Lady_Hermethya and C_Y_J can definately make it, Tone can make it later on and Tim may be able to make it too! If it was the 13th myself, Lady_H and Tim definately wouldn't manage. Therefore if Tone doesn't mind catching up with us later I suggest the 20th is definately the day!

So here is the list so far:

JED1
    Lady_Hermythea
    Cobar_Yik_Jedi
    Tone (later in afternoon)
    Tim (maybe)

So Jonny are you in? and anyone else please add yourself to the list!

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I've just realised that I have two things I was planning to go to on 20th weekend - http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/25826384/p1/?18 - and the Scotland one. I'd like to go to both, but my clone is on strike. Get back to you in a few days where I go for that weekend, will have a think and chat to the North lot. But please, don't make plans around me, it's about the local people and if I can make it, then cool. But I don't want to intefere in chapter plans over my availability, there will be other times this year if need be ;)

17. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Jun 9, 2005
    ok so thats the day sorted out for the 20th now the question is what time to meet at? i live up saughton so geting up the towns easy enough (i'll catch me a 30 ;) )

18. Am I in? Course im in! :D

I'll be there wearing a massive cat costume :)

19. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Jun 9, 2005
    i'v just had a pm on msn from Darklingmist (the guy that owns the three tuns) he was telling me that the evening news has cotend on to the meeting and want to come along and take photos n crap

JED1 could you log ur msn in at some point n i'll hook you up with darkling.

Kell

20. I've read press reports on meet ups or conventions, and I've never liked what I've read. They appear at first to be reporting on something cool, then slip in geek and nerd where ever they can, so I say tell em to p*** off. They're only out to make a mockery of this kind of thing.

Just my thoughts :p

21. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Personally I don't think we will be exactly what the Evening News will be looking for, we're not going to be in costume or anything, just a few normally dressed people who have a similar interest who will be using the "Tuns" as a meeting point on the day and having lunch and a drink there too, not exactly riveting stuff!

22. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Jun 9, 2005
    well if enyone contacts me i'll tell them that lol i'll also let Darkling know aswell :)

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Well, I am guessing this will be for 20th. Tho I won't be there (apologies for not being able to make this one, I will do next one) - what do you all want to do? And who is definitelty going to be there?

Tone - you still planning to meet em mid-afternoon?

24. Tone

Tone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2005
    I should be able to make it through by 3.
    Where will we be meeting?
    Are we arranging somewhere for a meal? I vote for an all you can eat Chinese buffet.

25. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Jun 9, 2005
    yeah im still planing on being there.

quiestions: 1. wrere are we meeting
    2. what time are we meeting
    3. what are we going to do.

Sugestions: 1. princes street ether the waverly market (top end) or the scots monument or look for the guy wi the bad dreads in the wheelchair n ask him if his names Alex ;)
    2. 11 ish
    3. pub, forbiden planet, pub, the castle (for thoughts who havent been, pub for sumit to eat (at around 3.30 4pm for tone ;)
    im out idea's now sorry lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.