main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fragile: An Anakin and Tahiri Story A previously unposted outtake up 5/20/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    Very good update =D=

2. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Diaper Bag of Death! [face_laugh] Love it!

And their all behaving like the back end of a shaak... :mad: Somehow I don't see them backing off and doing as Winter suggested.

Great update.

CJM

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Go Winter!

Another great post Preggers. Can't wait for the next one.

4. PrincessBrookSolo

PrincessBrookSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2007
    I love it I just caught up =D=:D

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Winter is a lady with a lot of tact, a lot of class, and she still tells it like it is. :* :* Thank you for giving her a starring role in this update. She knows how to keep everyone focused on the proper priorities. [face_thinking]

Exquisitely done!!!!

=D=

=D=

6. Weasleby

Weasleby Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2009
    I was hoping Tahiris separation from the Solos wouldnt last long! I loved the way Will brought the family back together without trying. Nicely done!

7. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    [:D] That was lovely, Preggers! Winter came in and very sweetly and calmly said all the things everybody else should have before. Too bad when we're hurt and greiving it's so hard to give each other the benefit of the doubt. [face_tired]

The diaper bag that could take on every weapon imaginable that Tahiri could strip off was hysterical! [face_laugh] Of course I've always been that mom who's constantly pulling everything you can think of from the bottom of my bag, so I can totally relate! ;) Busted. :p

Can't believe that Leia can turn her back on Will now that she's held that sweet, soft baby in her arms. Of course that won't stop Jaina and Jacen from sticking their feet in their mouths. :p I have confidence that Jaina will eventually extricate hers and get on the right track....Jacen, I'm never so sure about. :oops:

Looking forward to more! =D=

8. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Yay! Hopefully Bitch!Leia is a thing of the past now. Poor Tahiri, Anakin's physically here, but not here.

But I loved it. Great job, looking forward to your next. :D

9. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    leia just got one heck of a talk from her under-appreciated friend/caretaker

she got put in her place

great update

10. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    It's Friday! Yippee!
    Sorry took me till today to respond.
    Great update...dying to know what Tahiri was whispering to Anakin. Maybe if I am lucky I'll get a hint of that today.
    Loved Winter setting them straight...especially Jacen...gosh that boy is obnoxious.
    And wow, I am really impressed with how together Tahiri is with all she's been through.
    I am really wondering what Anakin is going to think of this mess when he wakes up, something tells me he'll be less than pleased.
    Okay waiting somewhat patiently until tonight!
    Hugs!
    SW24

11. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Sorry I?ve been remiss on replies! I?ve been trying to keep up with finishing the story and for some reason my days have just been getting away form me.

Having a real is really icky!

Star_Writer 24
    It's Friday! Yippee!
    I can?t tell you how happy I am that you?re excited about that.

Sorry took me till today to respond.
    Not like you don?t have your hands full.

Great update...dying to know what Tahiri was whispering to Anakin. Maybe if I am lucky I'll get a hint of that today.
    As a matter of fact, yes. You will find out exactly what Tahiri was whispering?

Loved Winter setting them straight...especially Jacen...gosh that boy is obnoxious.
    And wow, I am really impressed with how together Tahiri is with all she's been through.

Winter is da? bomb! I love taking under used canon characters and making them bigger in my stories. And the way the Antilles and the Celchus ended up being important here? just makes me happy. It?s sort of funny how they went from just being thrown in without me really thinking much about it to them being really important to Anakin and Tahiri towards the end of the story.

I am really wondering what Anakin is going to think of this mess when he wakes up, something tells me he'll be less than pleased.
    Anakin will speak for himself on that soon? very loudly and very clearly? and by ?soon? I mean not this update, but the next update is 4000 words in his POV.

Okay waiting somewhat patiently until tonight!
    Hopefully earlier? trying to get it beta?d before I go to get my hair colored.

frankieskywalker
    leia just got one heck of a talk from her under-appreciated friend/caretaker
    Poor Leia.

she got put in her place
    The down side to Winter?s perfect memory is that no one can pull anything over on her.

great update
    Thank for reading!

lost lauries grapes

Have I toldl you that I chuckle everytime I see your screen name?

Yay! Hopefully Bitch!Leia is a thing of the past now.

Hmmmmm?. That may last a while longer?.

Poor Tahiri, Anakin's physically here, but not here.

Hmmmmm?. That may last a while longer?.

But I loved it. Great job, looking forward to your next.

Hmmmm? no, just kidding. I?m glad you?re enjoying it. Hang on for some bumps? but it will be fun later.

TahiriSoloFan
    Auntie!
    That was lovely, Preggers! Winter came in and very sweetly and calmly said all the things everybody else should have before.
    Given the flack I?ve taken for my main characters being so awful to each other I had to have someone come in and be the voice of reason!!!! And I do love to bring in under used canon characters. Look for a ton of Antilles and Celchus later on.

Too bad when we're hurt and greiving it's so hard to give each other the benefit of the doubt.
    We have about 4 more chapters of severe hurt and grieving, and then the fun begins!

The diaper bag that could take on every weapon imaginable that Tahiri could strip off was hysterical! Of course I've always been that mom who's constantly pulling everything you can think of from the bottom of my bag, so I can totally relate! Busted.
    That was one of those scenes that sort of wrote itself, and then wrote the next scene, and then ended up playing an important role in the rest of the story? funny how that happens sometimes.

an't believe that Leia can turn her back on Will now that she's held that sweet, soft baby in her arms.
    Less about Leia?s actions in the immediate future?

Of course that won't stop Jaina and Jacen from sticking their feet in their mouths. I have confidence that Jaina will eventually extricate hers and get on the right track....Jacen, I'm never so sure about.
    Are you peeking at future chapters?

Looking forward to more
    Working on chapters 19, 20 and 21 now. As soon as the end is done I?ll try to start posting faster.

Weasably
    I was hoping Tahiris sep

12. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    Anakin will speak for himself on that soon? very loudly and very clearly? and by ?soon? I mean not this update, but the next update is 4000 words in his POV.

:D:D:D

13. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Fragile

Chapter 9

Have I Found You, Flightless Bird?

Tahiri began to focus; began to separate out the voices in the next room from the dull hum in her head.

Leia was at it again, was hounding the staff for information, and Tahiri needed to do something, needed to address what was going on outside Anakin?s door; for the poor hapless medics if not for Anakin?s poor mother herself.

Lifting her head off Anakin?s pillow, she leaned forward and rested her forehead against his temple. She breathed deeply, then whispered into his ear; ?I?m going to go out and talk to your family now. They?ve been waiting not so patiently. I love you.?

She stood up and smoothed her hand over his head, then bent over and kissed his forehead. ?I?ll be back in a bit.?

Anakin didn?t respond.

Once she?d turned her back on his family and finally gotten inside his room, she?d come to an abrupt stop at the foot of his bed.

Anakin lay flat on his back, surrounded by banks of flashing and beeping equipment that she knew was monitoring him and keeping him alive. The absurd thought that he hated lying flat on his back, could never sleep comfortably that way, and that she should ask the staff to turn him onto his side, flew through her mind as she tried to process what she was seeing.

When she finally stepped closer, her attention was drawn to the long, stringy hair fanned out on the pillow under Anakin?s head. His full beard was obscured by the breath mask over his mouth, and again her thoughts were a jumble of mundane ideas; he?d want a haircut and to shave the second he woke up, and she wondered how she?d arrange that in a med ward. She?d known instantly what her mind was doing; it was fighting to drown out the more frightening thought; was he going to wake up?

He was so pale and so thin; the report she?d read on the shuttle had his estimated weight listed at less the sixty kilos and Tahiri had been sure that was a misprint. She was still breastfeeding and hadn?t lost all the weight she?d gained while pregnant, but still only weighed fifty kilos herself and Anakin was nearly fifteen centimeters taller than she was. How could he possibly weigh so little? Then she wondered what had been done to him, where had he been that he?d have lost so much weight, and again she fought the thoughts that intruded on her mind, fought to banish images of Anakin in the hands of Yuuzhan Vong Shapers. She didn?t want to imagine that he?d been hurt the way she had been. Didn?t want to imagine that he?d been held and experimented on and all this time she hadn?t been looking for him the way he?d looked for her on Yavin Four.

The beeping of monitoring devices was the only sounds in the room, and contributed to the oppressive and ominous atmosphere.

Even this close, his presence in the Force felt wrong, murky, and though she was still trying to reach him, he wasn?t reaching back, and this scared her and threatened to break her heart all over again.

Tahiri stepped closer, laid her hand on Anakin?s leg, then slowly trailed her fingers up his body as she took the last steps to reach his side. She ached from the knowledge that this was not going to be the reunion that she had dreamed of for so many months; fought the dread that after all that had happened, after all this time, he?d only been brought back to her so she could watch him die for real.

Placing her hand over his where it lay at his side, she felt the papery texture and winced, it felt too rough and at the same time too fragile. Ignoring that, she caressed it and leaned toward him. She moved her other hand up to his face, gently stroking his forehead.

She finally leaned down and pressed her cheek to his, and her mouth next to his ear and whispered, ?Anakin, I?m here.?

But Anakin didn?t respond.

The voices outside grew louder as she reached the door, but when she opened it, an uncomfortable silence fell over the room.

A Mon Cal in a lab coat turned toward her instantly, a look of relief clear on his face, even to her.

?Agent Veila.? He came

14. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    He's awake! :D This is great news! I like that he was whispering "42" when was picked up, too. Leia probably didn't like that too much...

Great job with this chapter!

Also, Have I toldl you that I chuckle everytime I see your screen name?

Let's just say the story contains a very bumpy raft ride, and me going overboard with 2 pounds of grapes in my hand. D:

Nice choice of titles, too. I LOVE that song!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  16. PrincessBrookSolo

PrincessBrookSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2007
    That was so cute! I cried when Anakin wanted to hold Will :_| awesome post=D=

~Brook S.

p.s. yes I want to be added to the PM list :D

17. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    *Blubbers like a baby.*

:_|

Loved it. "forty-two" *sighs*

CJM

18. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I am so short on time today, but that was the sweetest ending to a chapter ever!
    Great work, Preggers! =D=

19. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    yay he's awake

great update

20. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    I have to confess every time you post I go back and reread the whole story from start to finish again...loving it that much.
    He's awake!
    I would have loved to watch that whole scene from Leia's point of view, he didn't even acknowledge the rest of his family...ouch!
    So sweet how he fell asleep with baby in his arms.
    That whole 42 thing...sounds like it what kept him going.
    I wonder if his diet might have something to do with why his force presence is so funky...guess will find out more soon.

The whole recap of Jacen vs. Tahiri had me laughing my butt off...hope for Jacen's sake Anakin doesn't find out what he called Tahiri...but I was really quite amused.

21. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Wow! Another great post there PregnantPadme! Can't wait to find out what happens next.

22. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    It's Friday!!!
    Upping in honor of the best day of the week and because I can't wait for your update.

23. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Good Afternoon Readers!

I'm writing from beautiful San Francisco!

The Darth Little Boy and Big Sithter decided that the best way to celerate my birthday this year was to have an adventure in a city none of us had ever been to before.

Chinatown brought out the fashionista in Big Sithter, even Darth Little Boy got into the act, and will be dressed as a Elizabeth Swan from the first scenes of At World's End.

We went to the Aquarium today, not as thrilling as we'd hoped, but then did a boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge. Of course, all the history was lost on me, as I have to wear earplugs in an high wind or open ocean surroundings, of which this was both, because my ear canals are such that they channal that wind straight into my brian... think ice cream headache times 1,000,000,000.

Our next stop today... and in case I didn't make it clear... we spent allllllll of yesterday in Chinatown shopping, not eating.... SHOPPING.

Our next stop today was The International Spy Shop.

Darth Little Boy was one happy camper.

To say the least.

He's going to be laying booby traps and dusting his sister's room for finger printrs for years to come!

SO, now that you all know what I've been up to, and that I'm now yet another kriffring year older, you'll understand that I haven't been around to browbeat the beta into finishing the update, so I'm not sure if it's going to be done in the next couple of hours or not.

the latest intel says he's working on it... but we'll see.

In the mean time, now that Darth Little Boy and Big Sither have been dragged, on foot (they are so hating that their stroller days are so over) around the city by the bay all day, they are happy to play with their new toys and leave mommy to read, write and have a drink, so I'll go thwack the Beta a little and see if we can't get this post up -because I have to say - it's one of my favorites -. Oh, and I owe replies. So I'll work on those too.

So, Cheers for now! Preggers

24. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Fragile

Chapter 10

I Have the Touch

Anakin was beginning to think that his many hours of debriefing would make his head explode.

He did not want to spend anymore time talking about the sick and degrading things he had done to stay alive on Myrkr. He did not want to be reminded of the fear and frustration that had been his only companions as he?d walked for Force knew how many endless thousands of kilometers. He didn?t want to describe the disappointment and anger that had nearly crushed him when the first, then the second and third crashed ships he?d found had proved unsalvageable. Didn?t want to recount how after nearly starving to death, he?d found hundreds of ration bars on the fourth ship, the one he?d finally escaped Myrkr on, and then had thrown up every bar he?d tried to choke down because his body wasn?t capable of processing anything other than the dirt and leaves he?d been living on. And he really didn?t want to discuss being left on the worldship in the first place.

Listening to his wife give him a run down of his new ?life? was threatening to do his head in for a whole host of other reasons.

Tahiri had spent hours, over the course of several days, going over basic domestic issues; how much money they had, where they ?lived?, Will?s schedule, her schedule. Tahiri had transferred all the money in her various bank accounts over to accounts with both of their names on them, so that Anakin could access money if he needed it. He couldn?t imagine what he?d need to buy while confined to a hospital room until Tahiri had gently admonished him not to go on the holonet and buy himself an X-wing while she was in one of her seemingly endless meetings. The thought hadn?t occurred to him before she?d mentioned it, but he had to admit the idea was appealing as soon as the words were out of her mouth. He?d understood her rationale right away; their money was better off earning interest, and it was more prudent to wait for some military body to declare him flight worthy and hand him one of their X-wings.

He?d wondered where Tahiri even learned to manage a budget, but only for a moment, until he heard Iella?s and Winter?s names again, and found that Tahiri had done very well for them in his absence. She?d squirreled her salary away, writing off anything she could as expenses incurred to perform her job, using Intel and military procurement whenever possible. Diapers and toiletries were a necessity when she was sent on a mission; she always over ordered just in case, and no one ever asked that the unused supplies be given back. Iella and Winter had been very good teachers when it came to investing too; having seen what war could do the galactic economy they?d steered Tahiri toward some lucrative funds.

On top of that, Anakin and Tahiri had spacious living quarters on Wedge?s flagship; the renowned Lusankya. Putting a roof over his family?s head wasn?t going to be a problem Anakin would have to face anytime soon. In fact, there wasn?t anything Anakin was going to need to provide for his family at anytime in the near, or - as far as he could tell - distant, future.

Not even protection.

Bram, head commando, weapons master, diaper bag wrangler?as his father had deadpanned?and all around swell guy, seemed to be everything Tahiri needed in a man. He kept her son safe, her blaster charged, her knives sharpened, and her super secret magic spy hair clip from detonating. He brought her food when she was too busy to remember to eat, messages from Iella when she was too engrossed in work to make it down to the communications office, and even brought her an extra pillow when he?d noticed that the med center staff had only given her a single flat one for the portable bed she slept on in Anakin?s room.

Intellectually, Anakin knew he had nothing to worry about, nothing to be jealous of, but having had Tahiri all to himself since the age of eleven, he wasn?t used to, and did not like, sharing. Add to that the fact that he could barely walk, was on a liquid diet, slept more th

25. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    :eek: Oh my!

That wasn't what I expected at all.

But I am glad the truth is out now. Poor Tahiri and Poor Anakin, what a mess!

I hope things start to improve for them soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.