main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fringe ('The No Doctor Cop Lawyer Show'): New Episode Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zaz, May 22, 2008.

1. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Oh wow, so great to see a Fringe thread here! Cannot wait for "Subject 13!"

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Another great episode. Walter continues to show why he's better than Walternate. He has a heart. Sure Walternate won't experiment on children, but Walter won't torture them (much).

He had a way to fix things at the expense of someone else and he tried to find a better route.

And he's awesome at making threats.
    :p

I think we're still in for one more past episode though.

We need to see the fate of Elizabeth and Walter's assistant.

Also, was it just me or did Walter have a different assistant this episode? :confused:

3. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    I think it was the same one. Horrifying start to the episode.

4. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    No ****. I actually cringed watching the open. More scenes like that and Fringe will be pushed back to 10pm.

But I was loving the 1980s vibe. I loved the retro-CGI opening credits, and I really loved the toy store scene: those toys were mostly all accurate, except for the Rubik's cube. By 1985 the Rubik's cube was played out as a fad, and I seriously doubt many toy stores would have still carried very many cubes. A few of the office computer components looked a little too modern, but the Macintosh desktop PC was a clever addition. Back then the Mac cost in the neighborhood of $1200 in mid-80s money, so Walter must have been making some really nice scratch from Bishop Dynamic.

5. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Loved this episode. It answers a lot of questions, but poses a lot more!

6. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Fox doesn't have a 10pm slot. This is as far back as they can go.

7. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I was born in 80 so when I saw that toy store scene I was amped up with Nostalga! I wish we coulda saw some Ninja Turtles but they werent out yet in 85 I think.

8. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    9-10PM | FOX
    Fringe

"...this episode is especially good as Olivia and Co. must track some thieves who defy the laws of gravity. Although, considering the whole alternate-universe traveling thing, we're confident the team can take them on."

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    :eek: Bell is back! (sort of)

Another great episode tonight. Fringe remains one of the few shows that makes tv interesting. I hope that Fox renews it soon.[face_praying]

10. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Yeah, I heard them talking about Anna taking on yet another persona, and I KNEW it would not be another Olivia (sounded too confusing to me). That woman has talent! And throughout the entire thing I kept thinking of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. :p

But, as always, the writers always have surprises in store for us, so I would not put it past them to create a third Olivia!

11. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    For those who are interested, there is a new Fringe site...
    http://www.savefringe.org
    Still in the developing stage but looking good. :)

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I wasnt to into this latest Fringe episode. Soul Magnets??? I thought that was so corny at the end and this coming up episode....yikes.

13. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I have to respectfully disagree. It may seem odd now, but isn't everything in this show odd? I know it will be explained further. Besides, in the next episode, I am looking forward to see our side's Lincoln!

14. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    9-10PM | FOX
    Fringe

"While working an apparent suicide case, the team encounters a woman with uncanny characteristics."

15. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    GREAT NEWS Fringe fans!

Fringe has been RENEWED for Season 4. The Tweet by Joel Wyman (Fringe Executive Producer) confirmed it: "Fringe was picked up!!!! Thanks Fringedom!"

The article on SaveFringe.org talks about it a little more. :)

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Good news esp after that Fri night move.

17. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Very good news.

18. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    9-10PM | FOX
    Fringe

"Anna Torv's Olivia is in danger "over there." Over here, though, she's doing just fine."

19. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I am thrilled that Fringe has redefined the "Friday night death slot." The fans on Facebook are incredible and I am so happy to be an admin on savefringe.org. It is an honor to be a part of it!

20. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  21. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Fringe: Plot Point to Get You Up to Speed

1. How are Olivia Dunham, Peter Bishop, and Walter Bishop connected?

"Olivia (Anna Torv) is an FBI agent leading a task force called the Fringe Division to investigate ''The Pattern.'' Walter Bishop (John Noble) is a brilliant scientist, a pioneer in so-called ''fringe science,'' whom the FBI believes to be one of the few people with the intelligence to figure out the meaning of the Pattern and other paranormal phenomena. Unfortunately, Walter's memory has been shattered and he's been institutionalized for years. At the start of the series, his son, Peter (Joshua Jackson) ? a mysterious jack-of-all-trades, not always on the right side of the law ? reluctantly agreed to help Olivia bring Walter back into the everyday world to help the FBI."

Olivia is a blonde (if she has red hair, or a white bra, she's Olivia's evil twin, Bolivia, but don't worry about that.)

Walter is that guy who had a small role in LOTR. He also has an evil twin, Walternate, who's a politician.

Peter is Walter's son. His evil twin died at age 7. Sort of.

Broyles is the tall black guy who had a good twin, but the good twin bought it, as good twins often do.

Nina Sharp is the red-headed woman. No twin to be seen, so far.

Astrid is Walter's lab assistant. Her evil twin is autistic.

Not seen: Leonard Nimoy, who plays Walter's old lab buddy, William Bell, the guy who does drug experiments on children, and sacrifices himself for mankind or something.

22. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    2. What is ''The Pattern''?

''The Pattern'' is a series of unexplained, often violent or bizarre events that have occurred all over the world. Walter believes these incidents are the result of experiments being conducted by the visitors from an alternate universe."

This is what Walter *says*. In fact, he knows better than that, as we learn.

23. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    3. Why does Walter behave so eccentrically?

"Walter had a breakdown and spent 17 years in a mental institution. He retains his scientific brilliance, but the social part of his brain seems a bit fried. (He's also had bits of his brain removed by his partner, William Bell, at his own request ? because of ?what he was becoming.?) He tends to say whatever he's thinking without regard to politeness. He has an insatiable sweet tooth and enjoys coffee cake and Twizzlers in particular. He has a poor sense of direction and gets lost easily. In many ways, Peter has to take care of his father as he would a child, which is not the kind of father-son relationship either of them wants."

Actually, I think it's the only kind of father-son relationship that could work for either of them. Give Peter some actual power, and it works better, as we find out when he encounters Walternate.

24. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    Last week's episode was one of the best examples of Walter's eccentricities: Olivia finds him walking around his apartment buck naked. She naturally asks Peter why, and he just laughs and says, "It's Tuesday."

John Noble & Joshua Jackson have such awesome chemistry on this show that they must have a blast doing first-reads of the scripts together.

25. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    4. Does Olivia possess extraordinary powers? If so, why?

"Yes, she does. We saw in the first-season episode ''Ability'' that, as a result of being injected with Walter and Bell's experimental drug Cortexiphan as a child, she was able to rapidly complete a series of extremely intricate memory tests that prevented a bomb from detonating. Over the course of season 2, she learned to revive those powers, and used them to cross her team to the parallel universe ? as well as save lives during a terrorist attack on her home world."