main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo From Corellia to Kessel: The Plot of Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 9, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Is that a threat or a promise? :p

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    An option. ;)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, as long as you don’t rip my arms out of my sockets, I’ll accept your punishment. In my heart, I will still take comfort in my victory. And over time, my followers will grow, seeing the injustice of it. It will be the spark that will light the fire that will burn the Chiznuk Order down.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    But under what name? I think one of the things said about this movie is that we would find out Han's real name? I'm presuming that he takes (steals) the identity of Han Solo so that he can sign up to the military.

5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    N.. no. We haven't heard that at all.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I just believe the most likely scenario is... Dryden is planning the train heist and Kessel job... Qi'ra as his main lieutenant hires Beckett and Val to lead the crew... she recommends a pilot she used to know named Han Solo (this all happens off screen of course)... Beckett and Val go to Mimban to recruit Han and steal some gear for the job... they run into Han but don't realize he's Han... he annoys them and they threaten to kill him... he reveals his name and they immediately change their tune... they let him come along with them... he doesn't know why but he's more than happy to... they get to Dryden's ship and he meets up with Qi'ra... he's surprised to see her until she asks him how he thought he got the job in the first place... she vouches for him to Dryden who is unsure of Han.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If this is true, I'll buy you a soda.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    If it's not I won't buy you a soda. I know I'm a jerk. :p

I'm just struggling with the idea that they let this complete stranger come along with them. Not only a stranger but an Imperial to boot. Doesn't seem very smart for seasoned criminals.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think that's reasonable. It does seem a little ill-advised. But as this is Star Wars, and these kinds of things seem to happen a lot (Chirrut and Baze, for example, are pretty much immediately allowed into a major military operation, and Han and Lando are given generalships like candy in the OT), I think it's what will happen. Honestly, I prefer your version to what I think is happening. Just don't think it will happen. But we'll see.

Though even if you're right about this, I'm still right that one of their objectives is to steal a ship. :)

11. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    TThat clip with Han, Beckett and Val follows an earlier exchange and I wouldn't be surprised that the 'I have been running scams..' dialogue was Han trying to curry favour with Beckett. Beckett knows at this point that Han is a hoodlum of sorts, probably knows that he is on Mimban as sort of a 'punishment' and that his dreams of becoming a pilot have been crushed. Seems to me that a battle breaks out which stops Val breaking Han's neck. Beckett, Val and Durant steal the AT Hauler in the confusion, Han releases the slave labour from the Pen (Chewie included) and Beckett rescues the pair of them as they take off in the AT Hauler.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I like that. And yeah, I can’t see who else Han would be saying the “I’ve been running scams since I was ten” line to but Beckett. Could be Vos, but I think Han won’t be that open to sharing info with him. And if it is to Beckett, it’s likely when they first meet. Is it a massive coincidence that they happen to meet the old friend of Vos’s top lieutenant while running a job for Vos? In a galaxy this big? Sure. But this is Star Wars...

13. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    We've seen Rio Durant flying the ship as at the train heist now, so I don't see what they'd need Han for.

Jedi Knight Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. I think that might settle it. Meeting Han on Mimban was a happy coincidence. Beckett likes his spirit - perhaps Han reminds him of himself in his youth - and they bring him along.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Well, at least we know now how the bridge gets destroyed. Val is the explosives gal.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    It looks like Vos told Beckett's Mob to meet them on Savareen at the Refinery Village. When they get there Vos is yet to arrive and then the Cloud-Riders show up. At this point the Falcon's miniship is still attached so it's obviously deployed during the finale when they have the fight with Vos and his henchmen.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I wonder who the Empire is fighting on Mimban. Locals? A Separatist holdout? Proto-Rebellion forces?

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m really jazzed about the low stakes of the plot. I was worried Howard would’ve tried to imply that what Han was doing would indirectly have a huge impact on the galaxy. But that’s thankfully not the case. Though Rogue One has high stakes, its plot greatly benefited from its laser focus on the DS plans. I’m getting a similarly focused vibe here. Only it’s about some marginally important fuel source.

11-4D likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    So I was wrong. I can admit it. Still not buying you that Coke @Bor Mullet. :p

So from the plot synopsis it seems they don't do the 12 parsec Kessel Run in this film. It also appears the spice doesn't have anything to do with their mission. I'm actually okay with this. I like that it sets up the fact that Han has been to Kessel which might be a big reason Jabba hires him to smuggle. I like that they didn't throw everything into the first film. This one gets Han and Chewie's first meeting as well as Han winning the Falcon while the next one gets Jabba and the Kessel Run. :han::chewie:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That's OK. I prefer Dr Pepper. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    So that's not the Kessel Run in the trailers? :confused:

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's still part of the Kessel Run. It just doesn't appear that they pull off the famous 12 parsec Kessel Run in this film. At least it wasn't mentioned in the plot breakdown.

23. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Sounds unlikely that they'd return and do the same thing in the sequel, maybe it is the Kessel Run but just goes unnamed...

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think that's what happens. Han actually gets through it in 12 parsecs, but that may not be mentioned. Either that, or the guy who gave the plot synopsis simply missed it. He seemed pretty confused, to be honest, as he didn't know if the film was happening before the PT, or after...

whostheBossk and 11-4D like this.