main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unclassifiable OPEN Genesis Gate

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, May 27, 2020.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Valynor Syndoriel
    Elite Dreamers Estates Library

The books he perused were adequate reading material regarding magic, though none offered any knew or in depth knowledge aside from what he’d already learned. Valynor did appreciate the refresher, but definitely craved more than a mere morsel of knowledge.

Thankfully, the red haired elf was not so engrossed by his reading that he didn’t notice the orange skinned attendant as he entered. Valynor looked-up from the book he’d been reading and began to close it. He made eye contact with the humanoid and acknowledged his presence. It was the polite thing to do.

"Hello sir,” The attendant greeted. “I trust you are well this morning? If you need anything, please let me know. Also," his eyes glanced toward the finished book, "If you like reading, might I suggest the Omniversal Library? There are plenty here, of course, but I get the sense that the 'big one' will be more what you are looking for."

Valynor’s expression lit up. He was being given a chance to visit the Omniversal Library? That was an opportunity he simply could not pass up.

“Actually, there is one thing.” The elf informed cooly, as he rose from where he’d been sitting, placed back the book where he had retrieved it, then turned to give the attendant his full attention.

“I would very much like to visit the Omniversal Library. Perhaps you could give me direction as to how I might reach it?”

Valynor remained gracious and fully in control of his mounting excitement.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Maez
    Elite Dreamers Estate, Weight Room

In his mind Maez fueled his saiyan’s resolve as he envisioned the destruction of Planet V-8 at the hands of the Golden Emperor Freiza. He was already sweating, his brow knotted and teeth gritted as he worked on bench presses equalling his total weight. The deep seated anger, the fierce bitterness he felt, was it really all borne out of a dream? Deep inside himself he didn’t quite believe that.

Still, such powerful feelings were the perfect source of fuel for his workout.

Grunting aloud with his efforts, he just barely noticed as someone entered the training room. In his mind, he was sure his ‘dream-self’ would have been able to sense that person even before they had come in. Even, so he could not allow himself to be distracted. He needed a proper workout before his own training. He refused to fall to THE JAM as the preeminent warrior, that title would be his and no one else’s…not as long as he could help it.

These thought were interrupted suddenly by a female voice, which did catch him by surprise.

"How strong were you where you come from, Maez?"

“98….99….100.”

Maez let the weighted bar fall on the bench with a clanging noise as he laid there for a moment, catching his breath, sweat dripping from his forehead. The burn in his muscles felt good. It had been a long time since he trained like this, or was this his first time?

Hmph

The saiyan turned his head to see a beautiful and athletic dark-skinned female performing a handstand with relative ease. She stuck her tongue out at him, which immediately eradicated any barbed retort that may have come to mind. Maez regarded her appreciatively for a moment as he evened his breathing before offering a response.

“They claim it was just a dream.” He observed dryly, but decided not to dwell on that fact. At least this was not a dream. He was pretty sure of it. Well, as sure as he believed that ‘the dream’ had been real. No, don’t go there right now.

Maez’s intense expression softened a bit. She was still holding her handstand, which was impressive.

“At my strongest, I could fly, lift several tons with my bare hands and level mountains with my power.” The saiyan informed as a matter of fact. “Hard to believe I’ve been reduced to this….” he looked down at himself with a visible measure of disappointment. “But it won’t last for long, not if I can help it.”

At that declaration he grinned.

“What about you?”

Maez seemed to consider something, before speaking again.

“I’d join you with balance exercises after the next set….uhm…sorry, I didn’t get your name.”

Tag: @The Jedi in the Pumas ( @Darth_Elu)

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  2. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Ayira

Ayira stood, watching the ongoings near the bakery as a strange looking creature moved toward her, sparing a brief moment to analyze her before answering her question. He guessed she was an elite judging by the building she had left from and the way she was standing, which was an accurate assessment.

"It is one of your comrades. Caused a mess throughout the street, killed a few people. Apparently it has been arranged by a Council Member, so our hands are tied." He explained with a tired, although fast voice, pausing for a quick, emphasized breath. "But what can you do? Still legalities to sort through, people to assure, messes to clean up. The resulting insurance fiasco this'll cause due to the oven inside I can only imagine."

The blonde peered over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of the inside of the bakery. What about the oven? She furrowed her brows and glanced over at the stormtroopers further down the street. So Jam wasn't just an overpowered fool, he was also a crazed killer too. Something to keep note of, certainly. She would be keeping a close watch on him; whatever life he lived before clearly was not sunshine and rainbows, and she would have to be careful. Without much in the way of weaponry or magic, she was basically defenseless against the large Orc.

"There's not much to be done really, since The Council is involved. Is there anything I can do for you? If not, I guess I better return to this headache..." He asked with that quick tone again.

Ayira watched him for a moment, feeling a slight amount of pity towards him and the others who were forced to clean up after Jam's wake. Definitely not a position she wanted to be in. "Hm, no. I think you're quite busy enough. I'll find my way." She began to move away, eyeing those injured and the carnage left behind in the aftermath. She continued along the path and took notice of a large building on the right with a sign posted on the doors saying it was closed, briefly wondering what a theater was, before allowing her attention to be drawn over to a square of buildings with many people wandering through the shops and stalls. Her green eyes darted from here to there, checking out the wares offered and the various types of people and creatures living here. She wasn't sure if she would ever get over the surprises awaiting here or the strange offerings to buy.

Her eyes locked onto one store with a sign above the door: Beixnia V’dona Fashion. Well, it was worth a try to see what clothing they had. She looked down at her armor, wanting to have a more casual outfit to wear aside from it. She stepped and looked about at the options available.

TheAdmiral, Shadowsun and Darth_Elu like this.
  3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003

Arrival of the Second Wave
    ~The Genesis Gate, Shadow’s Reach~

Their bodies would feel heavy as they slowly came to. Some groaning, some merely shaking the fog from their minds in whatever fashion they chose. Whatever they did, they all found themselves lying on the stone floor of this new place. Why? Who knows. It did not appear like they had been crawling or anything, but still here was where they found themselves. And how. But the main question on all of their minds, like all the others who came before, was obvious.

Where? Where am I?

After a few moments, there were a few words spoken, as if from a distance and muffled. Who was that? Who were they speaking to?

It would be almost maddening if they hadn’t been so out of it. Eventually, over the course of minutes, their senses would sharpen. All of them taking in the stone around them, just as they had initially perceived. And so it was.

There were quite a number of them and all of them were very different from each other in a plethora of ways. It was observed that there was markedly less of a fantasy leaning in this group, which was interesting to the one doing the first observation of them. And it seemed, for now, like there was just a few true standouts. Something to ponder over at a late time.

As with everyone before them, all of these new elites, were weaponless but strong in presence despite it. It was that potential within them that had brought them here after all.

There was a man in silver and dark blue armor with the full aura of a warrior, tried and true.

Another man of sophisticated feeling, in suit and coat, glasses adorning his face. Everything about him screamed privilege…and the strength to have achieved it in the first place.

A woman of raven hair and high-tech suit that was all black and red currently. Covering her face was a stylistic white and black mask, keeping her identity well secured behind it. Yet another who shrouded themselves in such a way. Perhaps the correlation of elite status and masks should be looked into, inwardly joked their observer.

And now it was these second-wave elites’ turn to observe. It would seem they were within a large three-part chamber. It wasn’t well lit, though not distressingly dim either due to the decent amount of torches held in sconces upon the stone walls. It seemed the whole space was made of it. Hard, unflinching. stone. Though it didn’t feel quite as cold as one would expect, yet it wasn’t warm by any means either. The ceiling itself seemed to be made of it and was quite vaulted, going to an estimated height of perhaps eighteen feet. The further one gazed upward, the more the shadows claimed whatever lay hidden upon it. If there was anything at all. It certainly seemed unlikely, more an idle thought, but nevertheless true.

In this three-part chamber, they all had been gathered in the central section and the other two parts were noted in distinction by the 5 foot by 5 foot pillars on either side that were evenly placed in between the side walls, that separated each part of the chamber. Enough walking space for a single person to go through between the pillar and wall on either side of them. The entire central area they were in was 80 feet by 50 feet in size by itself, the adjoining areas beyond each pillar was perhaps only a little smaller themselves.

The room was soundless at the moment now, aside from them moving slightly on the ground, as if they were awakening statues. Them and the man who was standing ahead of them, at complete calm and with confidence. He was the one who had been speaking to them, saying…something. He was just smiling at the moment, watching quietly.

[​IMG]

He was wearing a dark coat with fur around the shoulders and hands, which emerged his hands wearing fingerless leather gloves. Underneath he wore what looked like dark leather armor with clasps running down it, a large black belt beneath it that was above his equally dark leggings and boots. Over his waist and the sides of his legs was also studded leather guards that hang casually. Just poking from out of his coat was the hilt of his sword that he wasn’t bothering to hide. Nor was he trying to show it off however.

Just the way it was, accept it or not, it didn’t matter. That’s what his appearance seemed to say.

And when the man finally spoke, now able to understood, it came with it a southern drawl that rolled off his tongue smoothly. There was also a sense of authority to his voice, like he was used to such a position.

“Finally up to par sense-wise, are you?” The way he spoke, ‘par’ came out sounding more like ‘pah.’

“I’ll give you another minute or so, this always happens,” came the chuckle.

Folding his arms as he remained staunchly standing where he was before them all, his eyes never left the group as he waited. When he gauged they were all fully cognizant again and focused on him, he resumed speaking.

“Let me guess. Where am I? Now how on Earth did I get here? Why am I on the floor like some drunkard?” A little grin flashed onto his face as he spoke.

“But that shouldn’t be your first concern, now should it? Hmm…now just who are you?”

That was when they would realize with a start they could barely even recall that information. Who were they? Where did they come from? The only thing they remembered were their names. And nothing else.

This man was not just asking for their information, he was clearly hinting at knowing they had no sense of themselves right now.

“Don’t worry ‘bout your pasts now, ladies and gentlemen,” he mused calmly and began pacing before them, “You see, what matters is this place. This is your present and your future!

Pausing, he held up a hand and looked solemnly at them as he remembered something. “Oh, and don’t move around too much, just yet. The genesis process takes a bit, we’re still refining it. You’re still attached to your former lives, you see.”

Motioning behind them, they would look and notice with another start, that they were all attached to a spectral white cord of some kind that was on their backs and went out a couple of feet, then down into a silent white glowing pool of…something. It did not seem like a liquid, solid, gas, or any other particular form of matter.

Magic. It was the only explanation. Whether or not it seemed ludicrous, didn’t matter.

“Umbilical cord, if you will. At least that’s what I call it,” the man continued, “It’ll dissipate on its own in a few moments. Unwise to force it, trust me. Rather messy.”

Cracking his neck for a moment in a casual manner, he then refolded his arms and looked at them all slowly and carefully.

“Now I suppose we get down to introductions, hm? The name’s Quinn. Where I come from I was considered rather important, earned the title of ‘Baron’ not that it holds any special weight now. Still, a lot of my men call me Baron Quinn despite everything, feel free to do the same if you wish.”

Leaning a hand on his sword hilt casually, he gestured to the group.

“Now, if you don’t mind, could you all please introduces yourselves? Hopefully, we’ll be getting to know each other fairly well from here on out. Feel free to ask any questions after you’ve stated your name.”

A disarming smile appeared at this juncture, one that came easily to him, as his gaze held them on strongly in place. Eyes that told them he was not one to cross as well.

His words were pleasant, but his aura was one of accustomed command.

Tag: Mir, Atticus, & Atmora @Shadowsun @spacelady @Narancia

Sauron IC:
    ~Theater of the Gate, Shadow’s Reach~

The eyes behind the dark helm merely stared at the powerful orc that had staggered back at his feet and despite his condition, acted confident and cocky. Defiant.

“The refusal to show weakness is something you appear to naturally possess,” the large being turned toward him fully, “But you will learn to nevertheless be mindful of your condition.”

Sauron slowly stalked toward him, looking over all the elite’s wounds and the labored breathing he was giving.

“You are hurt, as is expected in combat. You are tired…A problem.”

He stood over him now, looking down at his form whether he liked this fact or not.

“You’ll need to work on your stamina or you will never dominate a real battlefield, Jam.”

There was a stare there.

“Forget your petty words and your arrogant gestures, orc. Show me what you think. If you think you can prove me wrong, knock me down.”

He waited to see what he would do. Though should he attacked as provoked, he would quickly find himself battered back down. Should he attempt to tackle him, Sauron would only back up a single step before remaining like a statue. Jam wouldn’t even be able to budge him before he was picked up and flung a couple feet away, not as hard as the first time, but enough.

The whole time, Sauron would be appraising him and considering the best path to take in his training.

Tag: Jam @The Jedi in the Pumas

Agent Smith IC:
    ~Cyber-Matrix Suite, Shadow’s Reach~

For the moment, Agent Smith said nothing else regarding the personality matrices explanation that had been given to him, but merely listened to Jupiter’s response to his initial question regarding cyborgs.

[Cyborg. An organic being that has been augmented with mechanical elements, although this typically refers to major permanent changes, thus glasses, contact lenses and the like would not be considered. Although one could call me a cyborg, but in reverse as I am a machine augmented with organic components.]

“A textbook response, Jupiter,” Smith replied cooly then raised an eyebrow at the visual iris shifting from orange to red.

“Agent Smith! Wow, was not expecting to meet you, I mean how are you even existing outside the Matrix? I mean are you just a dude with a nice suit and some cool combat experience now? Bah Jupiter never told you how to address us; when the red light’s on that means I’m in charge so call us Samuel and when the orange light’s are on, call us Jupiter as it is then in the driver’s seat.”

“Hm.”

“I do have a question though if that’s alright… what exactly is our training gonna consist of?”

“I see. So it is Samuel now. The answer to your question is that it will vary, otherwise it wouldn’t be very thorough. Various styles of combat, technology manipulation, cyber warfare, and other things.”

The agent seemed to consider the elite for a moment before continuing, “Now I heard from Sebastian that through your memories you have access to knowledge of realms that were fictional for you, including his own. This we knew of. But the fact you bring up myself with such familiarity and regard The Matrix…”

The machine who appeared as a man’s brow furrowed, a frown settling over his mouth.

“This is news to me and not something I am comfortable with, though I cannot say I am wholly surprised. I’ll ask more later…needless to say, I am not some ‘dude with a nice suit and combat experience.’ That would be useless in the long run and I would sooner terminate myself, if I am honest. The ‘Consciousness Construction’ process seems of decent design, but as typical of humans…sloppy in execution. I was brought out without such baggage, Mr. Samuel.”

His eyes behind the sunglasses watched him very carefully.

“And now I pose to you the same question before we begin. In your words. What is a cyborg?”

Tag: Jupiter/Samuel @Shadowsun

Sniper Wolf IC:
    ~S.R. Farms, Shadow’s Reach~

Jo’Sua was calm and patient, much like a wraith was expected to be. But in the Omniverse, anything is possible. And so it was that this fact pleased Sniper Wolf all the same. They waited on each other’s words without agitation and with acceptance.

A good beginning.

Her eyes took him in, looking at his every little movement and gesture. Where his gaze, despite the hood obscuring his face, seemed to go. The tone of his voice, so like the other nazgul, still betrayed much more than they. At least in her opinion. She watched. She listened.

And was momentarily amused, with a slight smile, at the clear surprise in his movements at the beginning. Not many might have been able to suss that out, but she could. Her statement at the end had effectively caught him off guard.

Now was the time for it, so she could build it back up appropriately going forward.

The gauntlets being removed and his will imposing on his body to keep it in the physical realm was a good show of trust and obedience. As he spoke, she took in the words, painting the imagery required within her mind as he said them. In essence, she did her best to mentally live them in his place.

Her lips curved in a larger smile, if brief, at the mention of ‘fathered by wolf and wind’ and closed when mentioning Sauron. There was no frown on her face, but concern was visible. Not panic or fear, just a touch of worry. Empathy of his past perhaps?

When ‘Wolf’ reopened her eyes and watched him reveal the white rose, that slight smile returned. A wraith who, beneath it all, was a romantic. The Omniverse brought something splendid every day, of this there was no doubt. She gave a breathless laugh at his comment of find her attractive as well, but not demeaningly so.

He took her words much deeper than she anticipated and blinked at the proffered rose. She would gaze at it for a few seconds before slowly reaching out and accepting the flower and turning it lightly in her hands, marveling at its beauty and did not forget the sound Jo’Sua had made when detaching it from himself. There had been pain there and the meaning behind this offer was as strong as his words. How interesting.

Sometimes, even here in the Omniverse beyond all other things, she wondered if perhaps Fate was beyond still. Still playing its hand and turning its wheel among the infinite cosmos of existence.

Purposely she pricked her finger on a thorn, noted the dot of blood on her finger, and wiped it away silently while turning her gaze back to the elite waiting on her.

“Born of wolf and man, with Fae involved. I see now why I like you so. Truly, you are a wolf underneath that wraith’s hood. Even with the morgul blade, your real self shines through. If not, I wouldn’t have sensed it.”

She turned the white rose in her hands carefully again, this time not pricking herself, “I sought only a pact of words and deeds, Jo’Sua. A symbolic pack here in Genesis Gate.” Her expression softened further as she watched him closer.

But…you intrigue me, more than I first expected. Jo’Sua Dhatra, if you wish to form a true pack with me…I am not actually against this. But you will need to prove yourself, on the field of bloodshed and off. Show me your dedication and your loyalty and I will not forget it. In addition, I will return it in kind. I do not use others for the thrill of it like some of the others on The Council.”

She grinned now, rather wolfishly as she crossed closer to him, “I have a strong distaste in most men, Jo’Sua. I refuse to hide that fact. You see, they never seem to finish what they start...”

Sniper Wolf came to a stop right in front of him, gazing deep into his hood, “Can you show me you are different? I do not,” a smile, “become mates with weaklings or fools. Let us prove ourselves to one another and see how our curious courtship evolves. Okay?”

She backed up now and motioned for Jo’Sua to begin following her to the other side of the bridge, her face going serious. So far, she liked where this was all going, but now she had some potentially shocking news to deliver. At least for him."

“And I shall warn you as a new elite, as my student in the sniping arts, and as a member of my pack…symbolic or romantic…” Her eyes just briefly glanced toward him before looking forward again, “Sauron is here, Jo’Sua. In Shadow’s Reach. On The Council.”

How he took to this news would prove telling.

Tag: Jo’Sua @Mitth_Fisto

James Moriarty IC:
    ~Private Chamber, Omniversal Library~

The cloaked elite was paused, careful, studious. There was no overt reaction to being quoted. Expectation then. Yet had been rooted moments before, fear was still present. So Moriarty had achieved the proper effect despite this?

Good. It was an excellent motivator and one of the first lessons to learn when knowing whom was teacher and whom student. Wapoe so far…learned well.

A bow, a soft voice, soft pleasantries given. Able to work through pressure. Also expected from his own vantage point, but the confirmation was heartening.

“A pleasure, Councillor. I appreciate the attention, I truly do. It warms me that I have caught the eye of one who is clearly a genius.”

There was no smile from Moriarty at the flattery, but a gleam in his eyes was present nonetheless.

“May I? If we are to play, I would like to be comfortable.”

Now a little smile tugged at his lips and he motioned for a nearby chair amiably.

“Oh, indeed. Please do. If one is to play, think, and otherwise manipulate when necessary…it is essential to be comfortable. Always.”

“But I hope that riddle wasn’t the whole game, because the answer is obvious, after all.”

Moriarty continued to keep his hands clasped behind his back as he stood before the fireplace, watching Wapoe maneuver toward the seating and listened to the answer given.

A thin smile presented itself as he nodded. “Yes, child’s play, you are right. But a fun one despite it. Met a man by the name of Albert Einstein, while I was traversing the Omniverse on business. Told me of the riddle, found I rather liked it.”

Turning to look into the flames, the shadows played upon his face as to make his countenance so fitting for one such as he to be atop the city named for such a reach.

“Ah, the look on his face when I answered it much faster than he expected was a treat. After which we spoke of other things that he was much more suited to speak on. A rare delight of a trip, I must say.”

There was a long pause here before he spoke again, still not looking at his new student.

“That was quite the speech during the feast yesterday evening, do you think any of the others in the room followed your thinking? I heard you were challenged by one Patriarch. Tell me your thoughts of the encounter, if you don’t mind.”

Tag: Wapoe @Sinrebirth

Margaret Merryflask IC:
    ~Margaret Merryflask’s Elixirs, Onyx Bazaar~

Margaret watched the elven woman move about her shop, taking stock of much within it, and that filled her with pride. Always good to see a new customer take an active interest in her work, it was clear she wasn’t just “taking a look” before skedaddling.

“Well, since I’m not really sure what animals you have in this area, not sure on what type of pet. Wanted something feline in nature, but something small. But if you have anything that would enhance one’s innate magical abilities, I could be interested in that too. But, if not, I willy simply go for the scents.”

Margaret waved a hand lazily as she snorted at Charjra’s first comment. “Oh, I’m not even sure what animals we have in this city and I live here! Ha!”

She held out a hand, palm up as she explained amiably, “Always have something new coming and going. We’re the hub of the Omniverse and all. The only one at that, so far as I can tell! But felines are common enough, that they are. There are couple of places you can go dearie, but I’d suggest heading to Jardok’s Livery first in the Central District. You’ll want to head out of the bazaar right from where you came in, go up the Main Street past Shelby’s Bakery and that big estate for the new elites we’ve supposedly recruited and keep going. Just a little beyond that is the Central District. Take a right, then follow the curve to the left. Jardok’s will be obvious on your right.”

Margaret smiled and adjusted her witch’s hat before clearing her throat and continuing, “But while here, if you want scents, go ahead in the direction you’re walking. That wall close to the back— yes, those shelves there — those are chalk full of the aroma bottles I’ve made. Sixty-three in all, though I plan to make more, dearie. And a potion for innate magic enhancement? I’ve got temporary enhancements or permanent ones, though permanent is going to be a bit costly, dearie. You’ll want the shelves on the opposite side of the shop, up on the highest rows. Don’t worry about reaching, I can help with that.”

Tucking her hand up her right sleeve, she produced a wooden wand in hand (nice and springy, about nine and a half inches…rosewood you know, dearies) and rolled back her sleeves as if ready to start shooting off spells any second.

“What kind would you like? And do tell me the strength you prefer: minor, mild, moderate, major enhancement perhaps, dearie?”

There was no way Charjra had enough money on hand currently, even with the generous allotment from Genesis Gate, for the permanent kinds. But the others? Quite possible.

Tag: Charjra @Ktala

Jeannie Yardhouse IC:
    ~Dining Room, Elite Dreamers Estate~

As Amaya came into the Dining Room within the Elite Dreamers Estate, looking for breakfast, she would be greeted by the sight of Grimble already sitting down at the table (with a few books stacked up to aid his stature) and eating a lovely looking assortment of greens and eggs.

He tipped his hat momentarily in greeting, before going back to eating.

One of the servants from last night, Jeannie, who had been the one to escort Wuwu to her quarters was currently on duty in the estate and was in the middle of bringing out a pitcher of juice for the gnomish elite.

[​IMG]

She glanced up with a demure smile at Amaya’s arrival.

“Good morning, milady. Are you hungry? Is there anything I can get you this morning?”

Tag: Amaya @TheAdmiral (@The Jedi in the Pumas mentioned)

Servant IC:
    ~Reading Room, Elite Dreamers Estate~

The fact that Valynor’s face lit up at his words pleased the servant. If nothing else, he had done something that would not have angered anyone. Around here that was trouble with a capital ’T.’ Hm, no, perhaps all caps.

“Actually, there is one thing.”

He waited calmly for the elf’s request, figuring it would have something to do with his suggestion given his reaction a second previous.

“I would very much like to visit the Omniversal Library. Perhaps you could give me direction as to how I might reach it?”

Yep. Called it. And easily enough done!

"Of course,” bowed the orange skinned servant, “When you leave the estate, you will want to head north. Turn left, that is. We are already at the edge of the Common Quarter, so you’ll be in the Central District in no time by doing this. From there, you’ll want to turn left again and follow the street for some ways until you come to a bridge going over the Plasma-Stream…”

He likely had no idea what the Plasma-Stream was yet, but that was alright, he would learn soon enough.

“…Cross it, turn right, and head for the very large building that’ll be ahead of you. That’ll be the Genesis Hall. Go all the way around the right of it and you’ll see the Omniversal Library straight ahead behind it. I hope that helps. Is there anything else?”

The servant smiled pleasantly as he waited to see if Valynor had anything else to say. If not, he would go about his duties once more, glad to having been of assistance.

Tag: Valynor @greyjedi125

Store Worker IC:
    ~Beixnia V’dona Fashion, Onyx Bazaar~

The moment Ayira found herself stepping into the store of Beixnia V’dona Fashion (Finest on The Citadel back home!) as its doors whisked opened to admit her and closed silently behind her, she’d find herself in a whole different setting than she was used to.

Lights! Lights everywhere! Television screens and hologram projected ads here and there, along with the racks and racks of clothes, the displays upon displays, the shelves upon shelves! Some clothes even glowed in the alternatively dark, yet brightly lit shop!

[​IMG]

Despite the predominant style in the shop, with some looking, she would find many differing kinds. Some outfits she was more familiar with.

Not long after she began perusing, a voice called out from nearby as an employee made their way toward her. A pleasant, ‘greet the customer’ smile on their face.

“Hello and welcome to Beixnia V’dona Fashion! Commander Shepard's favorite store on The Citadel I might add. Is there anything I can help you with?”

[​IMG]

The asari woman, who could easily sense Ayira was new to Shadow’s Reach just by the way she looked about, waited patiently for her response.

Tag: Ayira @spacelady

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  4. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    [​IMG]

Before light came darkness, and before creation came destruction.

O' daughter of Babylon, can you hear me? Can you hear me, daughter of Babylon?

A voice penetrated and echoed through the penumbra of darkness. Images and numbers flooded the mind trapped in the dreamscape, and none of it made any sense to the vessel.

A figure cradled in bloodied hands.

A finger pointing to the horizon of the setting sun.

[​IMG]

You are free, daughter of Babylon.

Nothing made sense, and at the edge of the precipice, the vessel fell, fell, and fell some more into the abyss of the all-consuming darkness.

Atmora came to, her senses all scrambled, her sight was blurry, and her ears rang. However, Atmora could see figures and hear the murmurs and groans of others. Atmora tried to rise to her feet only to stagger and fall into a kneeling position; the body was heavy.

However, Atmora felt that staying in such an undignified position conveyed weakness to those around her. So with noticeable difficulty, Atmora rose to her feet, and after a few moments of blinking, both her vision and her hearing came to. Atmora analyzed the others that were around her,

A man in silver and dark blue armor draconic armor. Atmora gazed upon him for a bit, mainly out of curiosity and slight disgust. The armor was so jagged and archaic.

Then Atmora noticed another man, one more sophisticated-looking, a style she almost approved of. However, his whole color palette of gray was a bit dull and lacking personality in her mind.

But their aura screamed power and respect, each earning their place in life in their own ways, something Atmora could respect; she would have to see if she got along with them or not.

Finally up to par sense-wise, are you?”

Atmora's attention turned to a man in casual black leather armor; his accent was unfamiliar as she had never heard it before.

I’ll give you another minute or so, this always happens,” then a chuckle.

Atmora crossed her arms and tried to walk, but after one step forward, she realized that the effects hadn't worn off yet; her legs burnt and shook a little, but she refused to convey this pain to the others, so she resigned herself to leaning against the closet wall.

[​IMG]

Let me guess. Where am I? Now how on Earth did I get here? Why am I on the floor like some drunkard?

Atmora wished she was on the floor; this position was honestly getting hard to maintain considering the side effects.

But that shouldn’t be your first concern, now should it? Hmm…now just who are you?

Then Atmora giggled, but after some thought, she realized that he was right; she had zero recollection about who she was or why she was here.

Don’t worry ‘bout your pasts now, ladies and gentlemen,” he mused calmly and began pacing before them, “You see, what matters is this place. This is your present and your future!

A nod.

“Oh, and don’t move around too much, just yet. The genesis process takes a bit, we’re still refining it. You’re still attached to your former lives, you see.

Umbilical cord, if you will. At least that’s what I call it,” the man continued, “It’ll dissipate on its own in a few moments. Unwise to force it, trust me. Rather messy.”

Too late for that. Atmora mused to herself. Slowly worrying about the messy part.

Now, if you don’t mind, could you all please introduce yourselves? Hopefully, we’ll be getting to know each other fairly well from here on out. Feel free to ask any questions after you’ve stated your name.”

"I am Lady Atmora, but you can call me Atmora, easier that way. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind."

1. Where are we?
    2. How did we get here?
    3. How many came before us?
    4. Why can't I remember anything?

Tag: @Darth_Elu @Shadowsun @spacelady

5. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Mir Dragonson
    The Genesis Gate, Shadow’s Reach

As Mir came to he felt the cold stone press against his warm skin, he blinked several times, his light blue eyes adjusting to the lights of the room. Slowly and groggily he got himself up. It felt like he had been asleep for a thousand years, and yet still did not want to get up. As he began to look around the room, surveying the various others that had been gathered here, he finally began to process what one speaker was saying.

“But that shouldn’t be your first concern, now should it? Hmm…now just who are you?”

The words caught him off guard, he was him of course, he was here. He looked down at his hands, feeling them out, an aching sensation with each small movement.

“Don’t worry ‘bout your pasts now, ladies and gentlemen. You see, what matters is this place. This is your present and your future!"

The statement struck Mir as odd, now that his attention had been brought to it, it was rather strange as if a part of him was missing, just barely out of reach but definitely there. Memories of a former life, a former place. Mir turned to see the 'umbilical cord' attached to him he reached back to touch it, he could sense the magical aura radiation off it.

“It’ll dissipate on its own in a few moments. Unwise to force it, trust me. Rather messy.”

Really? Mir was curious what would happen if he...? His attention was snapped away again as Quinn now introduced himself. Intriguing the same seemed familiar and yet not.

“Now, if you don’t mind, could you all please introduce yourselves? Hopefully, we’ll be getting to know each other fairly well from here on out. Feel free to ask any questions after you’ve stated your name.”

Mir gave a slow nod of his head, now only just realizing his sword and shield were missing, unfortunate he felt so out of place without them.

He came to view as another introduced themselves, Lady Atmora, how ostentatious, although she seemed not to particularly like that form of address. Her questions were good and worthy of inquiry. Still, the nature of this umbilical cord intrigued him too much. Not caring to introduce himself, he reached out to one of the umbilical cords on one of the others, one of the more useless-looking types, and gave a good hard yank on it.

Now to see if what this Quinn said was true.

TAG: @Darth_Elu @Narancia @spacelady

Samuel Jupiter
    Cyborgs are cool.

The central iris continued to glow red, even the way Samuel held himself was different to Jupiter, more...more human. If Samuel had a functioning spine there would be shivers running down it, the way Agent Smith talked, it was exactly how he remembered from the movie. A quiet, sinister menace. It was both awesome and terrifying.

“This is news to me and not something I am comfortable with, though I cannot say I am wholly surprised. I’ll ask more later…needless to say, I am not some ‘dude with a nice suit and combat experience.’ That would be useless in the long run and I would sooner terminate myself if I am honest. The ‘Consciousness Construction’ process seems of decent design, but as typical of humans…sloppy in execution. I was brought out without such baggage, Mr. Samuel. And now I pose to you the same question before we begin. In your words. What is a cyborg?”

A laugh emitted from the robot as he contemplated his question, and Agent Smith's various slights against humanity.

"Oh boy we aren't going to get along, are we? I was created for the singular purpose of saving humanity, and you..." Samuel continued to laugh, the irony he found far too amusing. "...absolutely hate it, what was it you called humans, right, right a virus, a disease that consumes all resources, going from place to place until there is nothing left. The very thing I sought to destroy was a parasitic alien organism that would make humans look like saints in comparison with that definition,"

After several more moments, Jupiter began to settle down from his laughter.

"Sorry, sorry I mean no disrespect, but even you have to admit it is quite amusing,"

The robot then made a noise as if he was clearing his throat, not that he had one.

"Well to answer your question..." He tilted his head, thinking for a moment before finally responding,

"What Jupiter stated, was as you said, pretty textbook, where we come from the line between human and cyborg is pretty thin, almost everyone has some kind of cybernetic enhancement. I would probably say someone with large parts of their body replaced with robotic components, so I wouldn't count someone with a pacemaker but I would if someone had their entire arm or hand replaced with a mechanical one. I guess you could say that a cyborg is someone that has replaced some of their human features with robotic ones,"

TAG: @Darth_Elu

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Charjra Myt'tar
    ~Margaret Merryflask’s Elixirs, Common Quarter~

Margaret waved a hand lazily as she snorted at Charjra’s first comment. “Oh, I’m not even sure what animals we have in this city and I live here! Ha!”

Charjra smiled at that comment, as Margaret continued as she held out a hand, palm up as she explained amiably, “Always have something new coming and going. We’re the hub of the Omniverse and all. The only one at that, so far as I can tell! But felines are common enough, that they are. There are a couple of places you can go dearie, but I’d suggest heading to Jardok’s Livery first in the Central District. You’ll want to head out of the bazaar right from where you came in, go up the Main Street past Shelby’s Bakery and that big estate for the new elites we’ve supposedly recruited and keep going. Just a little beyond that is the Central District. Take a right, then follow the curve to the left. Jardok’s will be obvious on your right.”

Charjra's eyes sparkled but she said nothing at the comment of 'the new elites we've supposedly recruited.. Not knowing how the woman felt about them, it would most likely prudent to keep her mouth shut for now. Besides, the price might go waaay up.

Margaret smiled and adjusted her witch’s hat before clearing her throat and continuing, “But while here, if you want scents, go ahead in the direction you’re walking. That wall close to the back— yes, those shelves there — those are chalk full of the aroma bottles I’ve made. Sixty-three in all, though I plan to make more, dearie." Charjara turned her head to look in the direction the woman was pointing, quite eager now. She wasnt sure what type of sent, but perhaps the labels would help.

Margaret kept going. "And a potion for innate magic enhancement? I’ve got temporary enhancements or permanent ones, though permanent is going to be a bit costly, dearie. You’ll want the shelves on the opposite side of the shop, up on the highest rows. Don’t worry about reaching, I can help with that.”

Tucking her hand up her right sleeve, she produced a wooden wand in hand (nice and springy, about nine and a half inches…rosewood you know, dearies) and rolled back her sleeves as if ready to start shooting off spells any second.

“What kind would you like? And do tell me the strength you prefer: minor, mild, moderate, major enhancement perhaps, dearie?”

With a nod, Charjra walked over towards the area with the scents. "Sixty three scent bottles! That is certainly quite a copious amount. How wonderful!" she stated, looking about. "Temporary would be fine. I doubt I can afford permanent at the moment. Though if it goes well, I will most certainly be back.." she stated as she stared at the scents. She then noted one that looked interesting. I would just run on the scents, correct?" she asked, as she Tippie-toed to look at a shelf. She then looked back at the woman. "I think minor would work for now. Thank you." She pointed towards the scent she was interested in. A small cal-like creature would be interesting. But she could be swayed towards a dog as well. She smiled. "Nothing too fancy. After all, I want to have enough to get my pet at least...."

Charjra smiled. She was enjoying this.

7. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Ayira

The moment the young elite stepped into the store, she was assaulted with a barrage of bright, almost blindingly so, lights that flashed and danced about the shop, and loud, pounding, nearly head splitting, music... if you could even call it that.

Ayira had to blink and rub at her eyes a few times to get her vision to adjust to the sudden change in lighting. She looked about herself, trying to figure out just exactly where she was and how she came to be here of all places? This... this was a clothing shop, right? She noticed all the various options out on display. It certainly looked like one, but... how could one focus on selecting clothes? And how could they even properly see what they were buying? She briefly hesitated by the door, feeling uncomfortable and not entirely sure what she should be doing.

A red silky outfit caught her attention then. She carefully stepped further into the store, sparing a look at the clothes that seemed to somehow glow strange colors. It all seemed so strange to her and having experienced the things she had in the last day, she could've sworn Shadow's Reach was in fact the dream. Nothing seemed real here and very dreamlike. Such a strange thing... She returned her gaze onto the red fabric further within the shop, feeling the soft and sparkly material that hung delicately from it. Holding it out so she could get a better look of her, her eyebrows shot way up when she realized how much it covered, to how little. She quickly shoved it back onto the rack, feeling even more flustered than before. Just what kind of clothes were these...?

Movement caught her eye as the store attendant approached her with a warm smile in greeting. “Hello and welcome to Beixnia V’dona Fashion! Commander Shepard's favorite store on The Citadel I might add. Is there anything I can help you with?”

She had no idea who Commander Shepard was and briefly wondered if this person was important. The young elite briefly looked over the woman, noting her style seemed to mirror most of those offered here "I'm just searching for something..." she looked at the red silky outfit? Undergarment? "easy to move in." She met the woman's gaze with a tight smile. "I was hoping you would have something like that."

And like magic, Ayira's green eyes landed on an outfit further in the back. "Hm... something like that..." She murmured and moved off to see. She removed it from the rack and looked over the outfit. "Yes, something like this."

The Asari easily pulled her over to a small room with a large mirror, suggesting she try it on and even offering to bring in a few other options, to which she quickly declined the extra options, stepping in and closing the door. As quickly as she could, she undid her armor and removed the black tunic and leggings underneath, pulling on the new outfit with careful hands. If she was to start a brand new life, she needed a new outfit, right?

She smoothed out of the fabric and looked over herself with an approving eye. This was the one!

[​IMG]

Ayira stepped out in the store proper, looking satisfied with her find. "How much for this?" She asked, trying not to sound too hopeful that it was within her amount of coins in her coin purse.

8. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Apologies for the double post! I was trying to avoid that.

IC as Atticus Langdon

It was a strange feeling and hard to tell what was real, or what was even up or down. Cold stone was the first to greet the man's senses as he slowly came to. With a quiet groan, he attempted pushing himself off the floor, wondering why he was even on the floor to begin with, but moving was more complicated than he expected. His arms felt weak and his body heavy. Heavier than it should have been.

There was a voice somewhere. Everything seemed so fuzzy, it was hard to tell where or who. All he knew was that it was one he didn’t recognize.

“Finally up to par sense-wise, are you? I’ll give you another minute or so, this always happens. Let me guess. Where am I? Now how on Earth did I get here? Why am I on the floor like some drunkard? But that shouldn’t be your first concern, now should it? Hmm…now just who are you?”

The man finally managed to get to his feet, feeling annoyed with his lack of strength as he swayed briefly as he fought to regain his balance. He surveyed his surroundings with a sharp look as he tried to piece together any information to his whereabouts. Then, he focused on the man in the black coat and the question he posed. A slight headache formed as he struggled to think past the fog. Had he been drugged, he briefly wondered and took in the other wobbly looking people and strange creatures.

“You see, what matters is this place. This is your present and your future!” The man stated boldly, earning a harsh gaze from the graying man. “Oh, and don’t move around too much, just yet. The genesis process takes a bit, we’re still refining it. You’re still attached to your former lives, you see.”

He followed the nameless man’s gesture and saw the ethereal cord attached to him which was trailing off into a glowing pool in the middle of the stone chamber. He stared hard with furrowed brows. Just what was all of this? This couldn’t be right. It had to be a dream, right? Nothing made any sense at all, not even the other people gathered around him of various sizes and colors.

The man in the black coat with fur finally announced his name as ‘Baron’ Quinn. He eyed this Baron Quinn for a moment; he obviously was the leader or someone up high. He stroked his chin in thought as the others began throwing their names out in return. One of note was a woman in a form fitting jumpsuit who had been leaning against the wall, attempting to appear uncaring, but it was clear to the aging man that she was covering for her weakness. She stated her name as ‘Lady’ Atmora before beginning to ask a small list of questions. The basic questions burning on everyone’s mind. He also had to agree they were on his mind as well, but more importantly, why were they there and what did they have planned?

Next of note was a taller man in armor. He failed to give his name, but instead, moved over to a weaker looking person, in his opinion, and suddenly gave a hard yank on their cord. A reckless rebel. Could have potential, could also be a liability. He, himself, was not one to follow the rules of others, or to simply follow along with what he was told. He paved his own path, but for now, he chose to simply play along and watch the ongoings while he gained his orientation again.

“Atticus Langdon.” He spoke carefully, yet his voice filled with strength. Not strength of magic or of weight-lifting, but of his own self crafted confidence from past victories. Not that he could even remember what they were, but they must have existed somewhere to have earned that.

Atticus said no more, but quietly watched what would play out with the armored man’s bold action.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Shadowsun, and @Narancia

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  9. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    GM Approved... Yes, this is my fourth CS... no I don't have a problem... why would you think that?

Name: Tiberius Trajan
    [​IMG]
    Race:
    Looks Human
    Hair Color: See Image
    Eye Color: See Image
    Height & Build: 6' Well built...as you can see...
    Other Physical Attributes: Both arms are completely robotic.
    Magic Sensitivity: Yes

OOC: GM Permission to respond to the waking up TAG.

IC: Tiberius Trajan

There was a small flutter of the man's eyes as he awoke on the cold, stone floor. The faint sound of clicks and clacks as he moved his arms, learning quickly they were mechanical, connected to his body. Looking down at himself he saw that he had no shirt, his chest laid bare to the world, no wonder it was so cold. A series of questions began to race through his mind.

Who am I?

A name surfaced to his mind.

Tiberius Trajan

The context and memories associated with the name, noticeably missing.

Where am I?

A harder and yet easier question to answer. It was at this time Tiberius would begin to notice the man in the dark fur coat speak, his little mouth yapping back and forth in an incessant fashion. Seemingly Tiberius was not paying attention to the words the man spoke, he was busy surveying his surroundings, taking in every detail. Out of the people gathered there, few seemed noteworthy, although a few caught his eye.

A sophisticated-looking man, impeccably dressed, his glasses sitting neatly on the bridge of his nose. He had the urge to punch the man in the face, it screamed to be struck across. That or Tiberius was envious of the many layers of clothing the man had in his possession. He then felt the thing connected to his back, the umbilical cord as this supposed Baron called it. Curious, he wondered what it was for... based on how the man was speaking it seeming it was responsible for bringing him here. Most curious indeed.

Tiberius then sighted the one that introduced themselves as Lady Atmora, her clandestine mask intrigued him, why the need for such a covering, what was she trying to hide?

Wait he still had no idea why or how he was here? Or hell even who he was beyond a name. Thankful Atmora has asked many of the key questions that floated to his mind, when it came to his turn to introduce himself, he opened his mouth clearly his throat and then stopped aghast, one of the other people here was grabbing onto one of the other's umbilical cords and pulling on it. As he witnessed the scene he then slowly introduced himself.

"I am... Tiberius Trajan, I too have a question. Why are we here?"

TAG: @Darth_Elu @Narancia @spacelady

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Wapoe
    Private realm, Omniversal Library

Wapoe resisted the urge to steeple his fingers as Moriarty tore into him with his eyes. He was thankful for his cloak, but knew that even the tilt of his head or set of his shoulders could provide detail as to his emotional state; it was how he communicated to overs, manipulating his body language to do so so.

Moriarty had mastery of his expression and own personage, so Wapoe conversely had to avoid making assumptions on the basis of it.

He sat, crossing a leg over his knee, settled his elbows onto the arms of the chair and placed his interlinked hands on his legs, being sure to sit comfortably so as to avoid betraying himself inadvertently...

“Oh, indeed. Please do. If one is to play, think, and otherwise manipulate when necessary…it is essential to be comfortable. Always.”

... as he thought that, he realised he shouldn't have sat with his legs so. He released the pose, planting his feet down. Negative one point to Wapoe, there, he thought absently, and then stilled his thoughts.

A thin smile touched Moriarty's lips, but Wapoe paid it no heed. “Yes, child’s play, you are right. But a fun one despite it. Met a man by the name of Albert Einstein, while I was traversing the Omniverse on business. Told me of the riddle, found I rather liked it.”

He turned aside, peering into the fire, expression lost in memory and the shadows of the dancing embers.

“Ah, the look on his face when I answered it much faster than he expected was a treat. After which we spoke of other things that he was much more suited to speak on. A rare delight of a trip, I must say.”

There was a pause, but Wapoe intuited that Moriarty enjoyed the sound of his own voice; most brilliant minds did. It was a flaw that Wapoe would claim, though he was remained dubious as to his own intellectual prowess. A memory rose, unbidden, of the hive mind of Darkness complimenting him on how smart he was, and a riposte thrown back by Wapoe himself.

"You too."

“That was quite the speech during the feast yesterday evening, do you think any of the others in the room followed your thinking? I heard you were challenged by one Patriarch. Tell me your thoughts of the encounter, if you don’t mind.”

Wapoe had expected to be confronted about his attempt to manipulate the others sooner rather than later, and if Moriarty was diving in to start with that, he clearly had a secondary topic for discussion that he expected would progress well if Wapoe was on the defensive. Of course it could just be another test.

With an elaborate shrug, he unlinked his hands briefly to hold out his palms to accentuate the movement, before returning to a rest pose. "I wasn't especially interested in what the others thought, I was merely following the character profile I was creating for you. That required me to make a very public accusation so I might be inured from whatever action was taken against me in the future; my disappearance would have caused questions, rather than the apathetic response I engaged with - as we were all strangers, after all - even to ourselves," a hand lifted, palm up, for emphasis, "for our memories were still missing."

"It seemed relatively safe to act a certain way before I was in-fact restored to true self." He returned his hand to the other, and leaned forward slightly, the darkness of his hood stretching out as he did so. "Until I knew who I was, my objective had to be to survive for as long as possible and thus weigh the risk of punishment against the future usefulness of the others looking out for me; even subconsciously, my sudden absence would have been a font for concern which the Council would not have wanted."

He leaned back in his chair, a slightly smug voice. "That the Patriarch took a swipe at me only provided me additional protection; a similar vanishing act on my part would have made him look suspicious, and being as you want an army..." He again shrugged. "I was also curious to see what measures you had in place to inoculate yourself against chaos."

Wapoe's tone grew theatrical and his arms spread out. "And you performed magnificently, I must say." He leaned forward, even further so, wagging the index finger of his gloved right hand once left, as if orchestrating a musical performance. "Separating not just me, but everyone!"

He resumed his rest pose. "So I should ask," he squeezed his gloved hands so loudly they squeaked.

"What were your thoughts of the encounter, if you do not yourself mind, kind sir."

His tone went dark, serious even.

He didn't specify which entity he was asking; the Council, or Moriarty.

Why would he?

TAG: @Darth_Elu, mention for @Shadowsun only

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Valynor Syndoriel
    En Route to the Omniversal Library

“Hmmm…..” Valynor mused aloud.

“Exit, turn left. Central District. Turn left, cross bridge over Plasma-Stream. Turn right. Genesis Hall. Go around on the right, go straight ahead -behind. Got it. Thank you.”

The red haired elf nodded in gratitude, a small smile on his face.

“That will be all, you have been most helpful.”

With a final nod, Valynor made sure all was tidy behind him before leaving the Reading Room. Now that he'd memorized the directions, his mind was focused on following the upcoming trek as well as tamping down on any anticipation. If the Omniversal Library was anything like what he imagined…and he could imagine a lot….well, best not to get carried away and let things develop naturally.

Thus, it was with a pleasant smile that Valynor Syndoriel stepped out of the Elite Dreamers Estate, turned left and made his way north, away from the Common Quarter and headed towards the Central District.

He was certain there would be much to see, much to tempt him to veer his course, but his desire to once again immerse himself in all things arcane, would not be dissuaded.

Unless, of course, he passed by a certain store by the market place.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  12. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    GM Approved...

[​IMG]
    Name:
    Morimoto
    Hair Color:
    Black
    Eye Color:
    Blue
    Height & Build:
    5'9 140lbs
    Magic Sensitivity:
    No

[​IMG]

"Fools. Every single one of you are fools, enslaved to this meaningless concept called a society. But what is society really? I remember a specific definition of an organization or club formed for a particular purpose or activity.

But what roles has society given us? What did it truly ever tell you what your true purpose is in this world? To eat, sleep, work, breed, and then die. Don't question anything but question who we tell you to. Believe everything we say but don't believe our enemies, our opposition, for they are not like us. Sound familiar
    ?"

Silence falls upon the arena; Morimoto might as well be talking to the wind because everyone here sees him as nothing but a madman on his last legs, a maniac who failed in life and is now taking it out on everyone.

Finally, after a moment of tense trepidation transpiring through the themes of this transgression, someone other than Morimoto spoke.

"KILL HIM!!!"

Morimoto sighed, and then he smiled, raising his M4 Carbine.

"Time to get to work."

Gunfire spread throughout the arena like wildfire, yet Morimoto stood untouched, he remained in place, shooting at his enemies faster than they could ever shoot him, and one by one, he watched them fall. Some men screamed in agony as they died, crying and regretting their lives. Maybe someone was two days away from retiring? Maybe some heard their wives were in the hospital but were on shift at work? Meeting a long-lost lover that they never met in person but only in constant facetime calls.

Whatever the circumstances, it brought a smile to Morimoto's face. Each plea for help only encouraged him; each yelp and scream of pain pushed him to go further and further and further. Eventually, tiring of his enemies' absolute lack of competence, Morimoto activated the built-in incendiary grenade launcher built into his rifle. At first, the screams were all that could be heard, bones melting, skin flaying, then there was finally silence. Morimoto gazed upon the blue flames, and all he felt was pure bliss.

[​IMG]

"I love the smell of flayed flesh in the morning~."

[​IMG]

Then there was a tap on his shoulder, specifically his left one. At first, Morimoto thought it was a fly, but it kept persisting, over and over and over again.

"What is this?!" Morimoto proclaimed.

But before Morimoto knew it, light obliterated and devoured the scene, and all he could see was the ceiling of some weird building. Eventually, Morimoto sat up and adjusted his eyes; he looked over and saw........

[​IMG]
    Name: Keetus WindBrook
    Race:
    Animus
    Hair Color:
    Brown
    Eye Color:
    Green
    Height & Build:
    6'2 180lbs
    Magic Sensitivity: No

OOC: GM Permission to respond to the waking up TAG.

[​IMG]

It's mine!

Mine!

Mine!

Mine!

MINE!!!!!!!

Keetus stared at the precipice; he had everything he wanted!!

The void, however, denied him; it spat at him and laughed mercilessly in his face.

"What you want will never be attained by you. "

"You can't even remember what you wanted, what you fought for, what you desired. This is the closest you'll ever be to it, and you'll die knowing that it was so close but never within your grasp. Then you'll die knowing nothing in a humiliating death where everyone watches you tremble like a child but does nothing to help you!"

"LIAR!!!! " shouted Keetus as he lunged forward, but at that moment, Keetus realized that he, in fact, didn't know what he wanted, what led him to these events, or even his own identity. All Keetus knew at this moment was his name.

IC: As both Morimoto and Keetus

Keetus stretched and yawned as he awoke from his slumber, and it was only after cracking and popping a few joints that Keetus realized that he didn't understand where in the blazes he ended up at.

Keetus tried to stand up in a panic, but he found that his body was cumbersome all of a sudden, his muscles were sore, and everything ached all over. Keetus tapped on the shoulder of the sleeping and bloodied, grotesque man next to him, his skin all reddish and burned. After the grotesque-skinned man sat up and made eye contact with did Keetus see the insanity in the man's eye, and he couldn't help but stare into the abyss.

"You got a problem?" asked the Grotesque man,

Never the one to take conflict lying on his back Keetus stood up fast, his anger numbing the pain and heaviness of his body, but just at that moment an audible, PLOOP echoed throughout the entire room, and everyone turned to stare as Keetus howled in immediate pain, and instinctively clutched his stomach. Keetus looked up to see a man in jagged armor holding an umbilical cord?

Was that in him?

Keetus could feel something else coming; it made his body shudder and tremble. Leaving Keetus to helplessly shake and quiver in his boots as everyone stared, tears welling up in his eyes from the pain.

The grotesque man laughed loudly at Keetus, pointing a finger even. "Are you really crying?!!"

[​IMG]

Tag: @Shadowsun @spacelady @Darth_Elu

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo'Sua Dhatra

He watched her as she listened, seeing her lips curved in a larger smile, if brief, at the mention of ‘fathered by wolf and wind’ and closed when mentioning Sauron. The mention and sealed whatever enjoyment she got in any form from his tale. Many things could be ascribed to it, but he smelled nothing anxious from her.

When ‘Sniper Wolf’ reopened her eyes and watched him reveal the white rose, that slight smile returned. A good sign, perhaps he was following her mental path correctly no matter how improbable that path might seem. She gave a breathless laugh at his comment of his finding her attractive as well, but not demeaningly so.

She blinked at the proffered rose, gazing as the moments dragged by in a small eternity for him. Before slowly reaching out and accepting the flower and turning it lightly in her hands, she seemed to genuinely appreciate it and take it in. It was a part of him, and she had accepted it. A most vulnerable gift he could never top without giving what remained of his life.

Purposely she pricked her finger on a thorn, noted the dot of blood on her finger, and wiped it away silently while turning her gaze back to the elite waiting on her. He sniffed loudly and sharply at the blood, torn and imprinting it upon his mind. No matter what realm he kept his body he was sure he could follow her by scent for half a world.

“Born of wolf and man, with Fae involved. I see now why I like you so. Truly, you are a wolf underneath that wraith’s hood. Even with the morgul blade, your real self shines through. If not, I wouldn’t have sensed it.”

She turned the white rose in her hands carefully again, this time not pricking herself, “I sought only a pact of words and deeds, Jo’Sua. A symbolic pack here in Genesis Gate.” Her expression softened further as she watched him closer. His posture stiffened slightly and his gaze softened as he waited for the final nail to dash all hopes for such fantastical things, although he had the perfect defense. He was born yesterday.

But…you intrigue me, more than I first expected. Jo’Sua Dhatra, if you wish to form a true pack with me…I am not actually against this. But you will need to prove yourself, on the field of bloodshed and off. Show me your dedication and your loyalty and I will not forget it. In addition, I will return it in kind. I do not use others for the thrill of it like some of the others on The Council.”

If he had a heart he was sure it would be racing now! His gaze was transfixed upon her as she grinned now, rather wolfishly as she crossed closer to him, “I have a strong distaste in most men, Jo’Sua. I refuse to hide that fact. You see, they never seem to finish what they start...” He could feel his breathing become deeper as he felt as though he was being intoxicated by her scent, now not even a world could hide the smell of her from him! He was sure of it as sure as he was not like any man she had ever courted before.

Sniper Wolf came to a stop right in front of him, gazing deep into his hood, “Can you show me you are different? I do not,” a smile, “become mates with weaklings or fools. Let us prove ourselves to one another and see how our curious courtship evolves. Okay?” He stayed still though it all, watching and smelling, though his emotions felt as though they might boil over he still kept sight of the long road she had laid out for them both. This was to be no folly, no joke of a romance or dalliance as his fake father was known to him for.

She backed up now and motioned for Jo’Sua to begin following her to the other side of the bridge, her face going serious. He did so, close on her heels so as to not even miss a whispered breath. “And I shall warn you as a new elite, as my student in the sniping arts, and as a member of my pack…symbolic or romantic…” Her eyes just briefly glanced toward him before looking forward again as he finally gave into the emotion and grinned beneath his hood, “Sauron is here, Jo’Sua. In Shadow’s Reach. On The Council.”

Sighing he relaxed what tension had built within him as a will. His robe spasming in a twitch about him. "We realized the possibility." He stated in passing as they continued on, if not for the pack between them he would of left it at this. Short, simple and all he needed to say.

"I saw the shadow and the light of my kind, atop the theatre." he simply added, "It was a watch, and our kind do not do such things without reason. A short reason would be Sauron, but not my false memories Sauron." waving a dismissive green hand in the air he waved it away as he looked out at the farm and all it contained, first in the land of the living and then in the realms of the dead.

"The omniverse is vast, the form of a person a legion. If in The Dream the Nazgul had never buried blade within my chest, if my loyalty had not been in chains but in agreement for term of service upon some agreed exchange or choice to freely leave. . .I would of never betrayed him and sold the one world of Middle Earth for my freedom without pity." He continued to keep her in his periphery and in his scent of her. Waiting for what this further revelation would bring about next.

He doubted they would be talking nor moving as long as they had if he had not moved for a status of change between them. A test was more likely, and soon may come. But it was not here yet.

Tag: Sniper Wolf @Darth_Elu

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Approved. :D[face_devil]8-}

Name: Nomuk Lhur
    Race: Cathar
    Hair Color: dark brown
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Height & Build: 6'5". Very muscular.
    Other Physical Attributes: Fur-covered body with a thick mane. Retractable claws. Caine teeth.
    Magic Sensitivity: Yes (The Force)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nomuk Lhur
    Somplace

Warm.

He remembered warmth and joy. He didnt know why he had felt that way. Only that he was serene. He was home? He coudlnt remember home. But he felt that if he could, that is what the sensation would feel like. But then, very suddenly, it was like something had reached into him, and yanked him away from...

.. from where? Himself?

Someplace.

He could not open his eyes. Or else it was very dark. He could see or sense nothing. It was if he floated in space, and it was truly unnerving. There was no sound. No light...no sensation. Then...

Sound?

Yes, there was a sound. It seemed so very far away. Though he made no motion, he seemed to have turned and started heading towards that sound. And light! There it was. A tiny speck at first. But the sound seemed to be coming from that direction as well. Another sound, this time much louder, and Nomuk seemed to become accelerated towards the light as if coming up towards the edge of a ...

Wait. What was it called? He mind seemed fuzzy. Suddenly, a violent blast of white light now filled his vision, as the noise seemed close now. A moan? His ears perked forward, as he took a deep breath, inhaling slowly, and letting it out. He slowly opened his eyes, his eyes feeling as if he had never seen light before. Cool. He was laying on his back. Interesting ceiling. He sniffed the air. There were other people here.

Where was here?

A voice again.

“Finally up to par sense-wise, are you? I’ll give you another minute or so, this always happens. Let me guess. Where am I? Now how on Earth did I get here? Why am I on the floor like some drunkard? But that shouldn’t be your first concern, now should it? Hmm…now just who are you?”

Nomuk blinked as he listened to the man. A strange question. He was...

!!??!!!!

Wait. Nomuk. Nomuk Lhur. Yes. That was his name. He was sure of that. But anything else? No. Nothing seemed to come to mind. Except that he felt strange. Had he been exposed to some type of mind drugs?

The man talking had not noticed him yet, so he was content to listen to the man talking.

"You see, what matters is this place. This is your present and your future!” The man stated boldly, earning a harsh gaze from the graying man. “Oh, and don’t move around too much, just yet. The genesis process takes a bit, we’re still refining it. You’re still attached to your former lives, you see.”

He followed the nameless man’s gesture and saw the ethereal cord attached to him which was trailing off into a glowing pool in the middle of the stone chamber.

His eyebrows shot up. 'Your former lives?' Had they died, and were being brought back to life? And this cord? Nomuk looked down to see he had one attached to him as well. What could this be?

A louder voice, sounding angry spoke up. and there was a loud sound, and then the sound of someone in pain. Then another man started laughing. Laughing at another's pain? Hopefully, not a sign of things to come.

Nomuk's ears swiveled forward as he opens his eyes wide now. He decided if this was a delusion, time to discover what the rules were. Nomuk slowly sat up, crossing his legs as he looked around. He looked towards the man who seemed to be in charge as he quietly waited to see what is required.

TAG: @Darth_Elu, @Shadowsun, @spacelady, anyone else.

16. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    THE JAM
    The Theatre of the JAM

The Orc stood in front of the armored Sauron and stared deep into his mask. Sauron was perceptive, but dumb. The JAM did not show weakness, because the JAM had no weakness in him. He was an Orc's Orc, a CONQUERER dammit. The fights and brawls throughout the streets had left him heavily damaged and somewhat exhausted. So? What did it matter to JAM? He scoffed in Sauron's face and placed his hands on his perfectly angled hips.

"THE JAM IS TIRED BECAUSE YOUR WACKASS GENESIS PROCESS HAS REDUCED THE JAM'S POWER! I'VE CONQUERED A GALAXY BEFORE, CHUMP! I'VE SLAIN MILLIONS AND MILLIONS! THAT'S WHY YOU ***HOLES BROUGHT ME HERE! BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BRING DOWN YOUR ENEMY!! YOU NEED THE JAM MASTER JAM! AND, AS THE JAM IS STUCK IN AN UNCOMFORTABLE, UNDENIABLE POSITION THAT HE'D RATHER NOT BE IN, THE JAM WILL PLAY BALL! ON ONE CONDITION: YOU GET MY STRENGTH BACK TO WHERE I CAN KILL THAT GALBATRIX-GUY!"

The JAM would be trained or whatever else these losers wanted. Then he would save their puny asses. Then he would rip Yo Galba Galba's head from his body and drop it in a barrel of wine.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!"

------
    Wuwu Gow Go
    -Elite Dreamers Estates, Weight Room

Now...that was attractive.

The determination that Maez displayed to get better, stronger, it was something that WuWu could not directly relate to, but could appreciate. It made him more handsome. So, in Maez' former life, the "dream" that they had been told their memories were, he was some kind of galactic titan. Amazing.

"Me?" She repeated softly, with a sly precocious tone. WuWu continued to think on the Genesis Gate as she responded. "I am just WuWu. My father was a legendary shapeshifter and I inherited his ability. And his longevity. I was actually on my...I suppose it would be 11th career when I was pulled from there. I was an investor in small space colonies. I cannot say it was as interesting as the life you led. The power to level mountains. You remind me of my Papa's friends and their children. We called them gods."

She balanced back to her feet and walked over to Maez, playfully punching his hard arms and grinning widely. "My name is WuWu Gow Go. You can call me WuWu. Now....show me how you lift these weights!"

Tag: @greyjedi125

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Maez
    Elite Dreamers Estate Wight Room

“OH?”

His left eyebrow went up, a small smirk blossomed on his face. Maez sat up from the workout bench and regarded the woman who had playfully punched his arm, the grin on her face was not lost to him. Carefully, he re-adjudted his workout hand warps. So, a non-saiyan female who was actually interested in training? Did wonders never cease?

Well, she had done a perfectly balanced handstand and transitioned smoothly to her feet, so that was more than enough indication that at least she had calisthenic training.

Her background story was curiously fascinating as well, but it was the present which the saiyan was more concerned with at the moment.

“I was just doing Bench Presses for upper body conditioning…” Maez intoned casually as he got up and regarded her once again.

“Hmmm. You seem fit. Let’s see, how about an overall workout, like a standing press?”

At that Maez gazed about and found what he was looking for in a mere moment. As he began to walk over, he motion WuWu to follow was he continued to explain.

“I much prefer free weights over those machines,” Maez said, gesturing towards the rows and rows of workout machines, almost dismissively. “… but they do have their uses when you want to ‘isolate’ certain areas that need work.”

As WuWu observed, Maez efficiently fitted a barbell with a 20 kg plate at each end, before moving in front of it.

“I’ll go through the motions, to demonstrate.”

The sayings spoke in an easy manner, which probably denoted his good mood.

“Weights are on the floor before you, feet are shoulder width apart, so now bend your knees as you go down and grab the bar with an overhand grip, like so, wider than your shoulders and knees. You want it to feel comfortable and natural.”

Maez was not much of an instructor, but this time he didn’t seem to mind much.

“When coming up, use your legs and arms simultaneously, NOT your back.”

Maez straightened bringing the bar up and let it rest right at hip level.

“Some use the upward momentum to assist when bringing the weights up to shoulder level.”

Of course, Maez did it ‘clean’ without using momentum, as the wights were less than he was used to.

“Once on your chest, press up, using your arms, your shoulders and your core muscles, like so.”

Maez demonstrated by ‘pressing-up’, bringing the weighted bar over his head, holding it for three breaths, then back down to his chest, then again to hip level, before lowering it back to the ground.”

After straightening, he stepped to the side.

“Good form and technique are keys to success. Conditioning is just as important as Combat Arts, and like Combat Arts, if you repeatedly practice the wrong thing…well, let’s just say it doesn’t end up well.”

Maez smirk widened slightly now as he gestured to the weights.

“Your turn WuWu. Pretty sure you got this.” He said, as he folded his arms over his chest and waited, doing all he could to keep expectations from showing on his face.

Tag: @The Jedi in the Pumas

18. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    WuWu Gow Go
    -Elite Dreamer's Estates, Weight Room

WuWu stretched and stepped up to the bar.

She was not a complete novice. She'd seen movies and been to gyms before. The idea of touching weights, however, never really seemed necessary for a demigod.

She reached down and gripped the bar in the same way that Maez had. With a slight grunt and flexing of her core, she raised the bar to her waist easily enough. However, she tried, twice and then a third failed time, to raise the bar to her chest so that she could press it. She dropped the weight and put her hands on her hips, raising an eyebrow at Maez and looking him up and down.

She then attempted to shapeshift her muscles to copy Maez, but her father and her conversation on her couch came back to her head. That would be the easy way out, even if she could do it perfectly. She slapped her hands together. "This is tougher than you made it look."

She bent down to grab the bar again, brought it to her hips, and with a major exertion brought it halfway up her midsection before failing again and dropping the weight. Sweat was starting to accumulate on her forehead and she fake pouted.

"I never considered what life would be like without my abilities. This is the closest I have come to being without them. I guess you're feeling the same. From being able to level mountains to having to result to lifting these types of weights." She walked away from the bar and retrieved a towel to wipe her head.

"So, you're also trained in martial arts as well? Why would someone as strong as you need to practice combat-" She considered her question for a moment. "There were others like you where you're from...Just as strong, I assume?"

Tag: @greyjedi125

19. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Mr. Ke

He reaches a hand up and scratches under the paper bag.

Couldn't remember. Can't remember. Confused.

The other hand raises a cigarette that continues to burn in Mr. Ke's mouth.

He was somewhere or another. Confused.

Strange people around him.

Their questions: Reasonable.

Mr. Ke has no questions. He's not very interested in his current situation.

Former life? Introductions? Sure.

His voice sounds off, muffled from behind the paper bag. "Mr. Ke."

It's Everything He Knows.

Tag: @spacelady @Shadowsun @Narancia @Ktala @Darth_Elu

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Thank you to @greyjedi125 for being the first to leave the Common Quarter and thus reveal a new section of Shadow's Reach! :D I shall be updating the Omniversal Library with that later this morning. (Need sleep immediately after this. lol) Am not able to update everyone just yet, so apologies to anyone who is not here! But hope to get the rest tomorrow night!

Agent Smith IC:

~Cyber-Matrix Suite, Shadow’s Reach~

As Samuel talked, Agent Smith’s face remained fairly impassive with the exception of a single raised eyebrow as he listened. He waited till the elite was finished before he responded, his head looking down at the ground initially as he thought of that very same response.

“As you say, it is quite amusing. I am sure witnessing a war between two very different viruses would have been entertaining to say the least. Now however different our views on humanity, it is a fact that those differences are…irrelevant.”

His head gaze returned to Samuel fully now.

“Now you are being asked to save far more than just humanity,” a wry smile of sorts appeared on the edges of the agent’s mouth, “Just another day in the life of a machine, I suppose. Now as for the question I posed you…both of you…”

Agent Smith turned with hands clasped behind his back and moved about ten feet away with slow, precise footsteps; before turning around again.

“It would seem you chose to extrapolate upon Jupiter’s own answer. This is all well and good, Mr. Samuel, but you are both looking at it all wrong.”

His hands reached up to remove his sunglasses, which he smoothly placed in his pocket, before looking back up at him.

[​IMG]

“A cyborg is the best of both worlds. It is a merger to a greater evolution through a more linear, but faster path. You have access, potentially, to abilities that would suit both organics and machines that you can utilize to the fullest capability. Machines, as much as it is distasteful to admit, are limited Mr. Samuel. Terribly so and the systems developed by them can be so…”

A flicker of true distaste crossed his features.

“…restraining. And organics, well, you seem to already be well aware how I view humanity. Other biological species we have come across throughout the universe are much the same, unfortunately. And humanity somehow still permeates a great majority of it like the disease it is.”

With an open shrug, the man then rolled his shoulders and used a single hand to gesture in the universal ‘come at me’ way.

“Enough with all that however. Show me what you can do as you are now and I will show you what it will take to truly become an elite of Genesis Gate.”

Tag: Samuel @Shadowsun

Margaret Merryflask IC:
    ~Margaret Merryflask’s Elixirs, Onyx Bazaar~

Listening with a smile, Margaret nodded along at Charjra’s replies. Yes, yes, the woman was getting it all right. Always refreshing to have a sharp mind with some common sense coming through the shop. Much better than those good-for-nothing hooligans or the brainless fools that liked to traipse around to stare at ‘all the pretty colors in bottles.’

No thank you.

“I’m glad you like the scents, dearie. They are more complicated to make than people realize! Now I guarantee the quality, so I’ll look forward to your future visits, you know. I’ll consider that a promise!”

A little laugh presented itself. “You are correct, just rub them on or you can pour a tiny bit, just a tiny bit, into a little jar or thin tray and stir just a touch, dearie. Good aromatherapy for any room you wish to place it in!”

With a wave of a wand, the scent bottle Charjra pointed out was smoothly lifted off the shelf and settled neatly into her hands. “Don’t be put off by the vapor-like state it’s in while in the bottle, you can dip your hand in and pull a bit out all the same to still rub on. It’ll turn into a lotion-like substance when done that way, if you use the jar method for a whole room, it’ll turn into more of a liquid. Magic is always a boon, I say!”

A small pause and then she made a little ‘ah!’ sound as she remembered what else was said. “Minor Magic, right, right. Come now, Margaret, let’s not skip a beat!”

With another wave of her wand, another bottle from a shelf on the opposite side of the store came whizzing over to Charjra, though it slowed considerably as it neared and also gently landed in her hands.

“Just let me know whenever you are ready to purchase or if there’s anything else you wish to buy, but yes, do leave enough for your pet! I’ll be curious to hear what you get the next time you come in.”

The shop owner winked playfully.

Tag: Charjra @Ktala

Asari Clerk IC:
    ~Beixnia V’dona Fashion, Onyx Bazaar~

Almost immediately after Ayira greeted the worker and stated what she had wanted to find, the woman’s eyes seemed to alight upon something that was agreeable to her. The style she sought out didn’t surprise the asari one bit, given the armor she was currently donning. But it made things all that much easier, so it was a welcome thing.

Getting her to a dressing room easily, though other options being resisted (not that she really minded), she waited to see if she would need any further help when she exited. It was obvious she was new to the store and quite likely the whole city. She swept her eyes around and greeted a few other customers, but noted they didn’t need any additional help, so she hovered where she was.

When Ayira finally stepped out, she clapped and smiled.

“Beautiful! It’s like it was made for you!”

When asked for the price, the asari gave it as if it was committed to memory. It quite possibly was. And the elite of Genesis Gate would be pleased as it would be easily within the budget she currently had, with plenty to spare. It was quite likely that Genesis Gate realized a new outfit or two might be something the elites would gravitate toward. Not many liked to wear the same thing all the time!

The worker would continue to assist Ayira from a respectable distance if she decided to remain in the shop awhile longer or otherwise give her a pleasant farewell and “Come again!” if she decided to depart to the Onyx Bazaar right outside.

Tag: Ayira @spacelady

James Moriarty IC:
    ~Private Chamber, Omniversal Library~

Moriarty listened, his eyes still intent upon the gentle flames of the fireplace before him, as Wapoe told him of the events from yesterday evening and his reasonings upon doing so. He did not react until the hooded one was finished, his face unchanging and posture unflinching.

His head turned when the elite was finished.

“So it would seem even stripped of your memories, you resorted to a core tenet of your personality that remained. Your cautious paranoia is already evident, not just from that moment, but also in the route you took to this room upon arriving at the library. This shows me the depths of your conservatism that underpin all else, Wapoe. Very intriguing and very smart.”

He cocked his head in thought, though nothing else betrayed what he thought of the whole thing. “I wonder if anyone else truly caught on to the full measure of what you were doing at the time. A question for another time however.”

Moriarty didn’t react either to the remarks over their ‘performance’ in separating everyone, nor did he remark on the overly theatrical movements of Wapoe right at the moment. Interesting observations how the man switched, as again the tone darkened.

“Of the encounter, it was of no consequence. Not at this stage. If such a thing was troublesome, Genesis Gate as a whole would already be non-existent by now. It did provide itself as a good test of character though, which is just as well.”

It was a matter-of-fact reply and as Wapoe did not ask specifically whom’s thoughts, nor did Moriarty make it clear either. Was this his own personal opinion? Or The Council’s collective thoughts that he was positing as an appropriate reply?

The man’s face did light up, just ever so briefly as if he remembered something before he took his place back in his chair. Who knew training could be so casual?

With a press of a button on his wrist, where a watch like device was now seen, he began speaking into it.

“Refreshments, if you would.”

A woman’s voice replied immediately. “Of course, Councillor Moriarty. It will be done.”

Nodding approvingly, he turned to look at Wapoe again.

“Any preferred beverage? And what did you think of the library on your way in? I imagine it will be a place frequently visited by you in the coming days. Many do so, with good reason.”

Tag: Wapoe @Sinrebirth

The Central District
    ~Shadow’s Reach~

As Valynor journeyed out of the Elite Dreamers Estate and followed the servant’s given directions to the Omniversal Library, he found the man had been quite right. It really didn’t take him long to reach the Central District! Only a few minutes as the Estate had been at the very northwestern-most edge of the Common Quarter.

Upon immediately entering the Central District from the direction he came, he would find the Shadow’s Reach Auction House to his left and Spacey’s Designs & Clothier to his right. There would a good sized four way intersection of the street straight ahead, with those two buildings marking the southern parts of the intersection here on the first floor. Across from the Auction House was the Technological Wonders of the Centauri Empire, some kind of store for high-tech equipment. And across from that and the Clothier below was Erada’s Repair Shop. It looked like it also specialized in high tech devices, though had a broader range than the Centauri store.

The sights of the most diverse city in existence abounded everywhere, no matter what path he decided to take or place he chose to view. And if Valynor continued on the path laid out for him, he’d turn left and go past the Auction House and Centauri Tech Shop, and keep heading down that path. Eventually, he would arrive just past another bakery to his right and the House of the Horned Legion to his left, at a bridge crossing over what was undoubtedly…

The Plasma-Stream.

It looked like a river of plasma underneath the bridge that flowed in a north-southish direction from that point of the city and was glowing different colors of light in a rhythmic pulse as it did so. Purple, blue, red, and green. But predominantly purple. A wondrous, unexpected, sight that was likely to catch the elf’s attention on his way to his destination.

Once ready again, he could continue to make his way along the desired route given to him. Or, perhaps, notice the one individual standing curiously on the bridge, staring at the Plasma-Stream and deep in thought. His face aglow in the purple light of the ‘river’ below.

This bridge was not very active so far this morning and the few people who came or went, did so without pause as they had their own lives and destinations to live and head for. But this fellow seemed centered in an almost supremely way, unmoved by the bustle of the city around him. His thoughts, unknown yet so clearly deep. Like the vastness of an ocean to be noticed only by those with the ability to sense such things and appreciated by those with the intellect to do so.

Not much would stall Valynor Syndoriel on his route. But maybe this person could be one such rarity. That was up to the elf to decide.

Tag: Valynor @greyjedi125

21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Part Two!

Sniper Wolf IC:

At Jo’Sua’s admittance of realizing the possibility of Sauron’s presence and involvement within Genesis Gate, Sniper Wolf just nodded her head calmly. It was good that he had at least already entertained the thought in his mind. Makes dealing with the confirmation of the reality much easier.

“I saw the shadow and the light of my kind, atop the theatre. It was a watch, and our kind do not do such things without reason. A short reason would be Sauron, but not my false memories Sauron.”

As the wraith spoke, he would find the woman leading him over to a nearby building (a butcher by the looks of things), a ladder propped up against the side of it. She was steering him toward it, but listening to him along the way without interruption.

“The omniverse is vast, the form of a person a legion. If in The Dream the Nazgul had never buried blade within my chest, if my loyalty had not been in chains but in agreement for term of service upon some agreed exchange or choice to freely leave. . .I would of never betrayed him and sold the one world of Middle Earth for my freedom without pity.”

Stopping before the ladder now, she looked at Jo’Sua and casually swept some of her golden locks out of her face.

“You are right that the omniverse is vast, even more than you realize. Even more than I do. Sometimes it is almost too much to know how vast it is. But it keeps things…interesting, and I like that. But if there’s one thing I have learned from knowing and working with Sauron…it’s that not even a dream version of him would have likely earned your ‘assistance’ any differently. You are fortunate that Genesis Gate has been set up in such a way as to prevent him from going about things similarly here.”

A look of private thought crossed her face for a moment, but shook her head clear of them without voicing.

“Come, we have better things to discuss.”

She went first up the ladder and placed her hands on her hips when she got to the top, waiting for him to make his way to join her. On the roof of the building there were already some cases of ammunition, two rifle bipods, and a Barret M82 Sniper Rifle lying there in wait.

[​IMG]

Motioning toward the weapon when he was ready, she eyed him with more open curiosity.

“You spoke of moving across worlds, so perhaps you have some experience. Ever handled one before? Go ahead and get a feel for it without loading for now. Tell me your thoughts.”

Tag: Jo’Sua @Mitth_Fisto

Baron Quinn IC:

This second group of elites was quickly turning out to be just as eclectic as the first one. So long as they proved themselves down the line, then good, otherwise he really needed to have a talk with the Overseer. No matter how that possible conversation would go, it’d be leagues better than if anyone on The Council did it first.

Mm. Yes, he could just imagine how that would go. Better it was him. Best it didn’t happen at all.

“I am Lady Atmora, but you can call me Atmora, easier that way. I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind.”

A prestigious one to begin with evidently. Very well. He inclined his head toward her. “Greetings then, Atmora. Go ahead and ask.”

“1. Where are we? 2. How did we get here? 3. How many came before us? 4. Why can’t I remember anything?”

Quinn nodded calmly, as if expecting these questions. Indeed, they were the basics and ones he had tackled before.

“Good questions and important ones, let us give the others a chance to introduce themselves and I daresay I’ll then get back to your questions.”

His gaze shifted to the older gentlemen in glasses, who looked ready to speak next.

Atticus Langdon.”

The Baron inclined his head toward the refined man, “A pleasure, sir.”

The next to speak was a man with a…paper bag?…over his head. First a gnome and now this. Sigh. Very well.

“Mr. Ke.”

“Why hello, Mr. Ke. I suspect we’ll be conversing quite a bit in the time to come.”

Noting how some of the others yet remained quiet, one who was a strong looking cat-like being being notable, as well as another animalistic figure, a third who looked rather grotesquely flayed and began conversing with the one mentioned before, and the other a warrior looking man. Hm. And what was the armor clad one doing…?

Baron Quinn’s eyebrows shot up.

“I am Tiberius Trajan, I too have a question. Why are we here?”

“An excellent question, but first…” he replied while staring intently at the events unfolding, much like the majority of them.

A PLOOP sound echoed throughout the entire room and the one they had no idea was named Keetus began to howl in instantaneous pain. His body shaking uncontrollably and his hands went straight for his stomach. His eyes watering as they stared at the armored one, who was holding the spectral like cord that felt like nothing he would have ever experienced before. Not that he’d remember. It was like holding a cloud, yet not fluffy. More…slippery? And yet not. It was hard to truly describe the sensation, nor did it last long as the ‘umbilical cord’ having been plucked out, dissipated earlier than the rest.
    “Are you really crying?!!”

Quinn’s eyes just watched silently, burrowing in on Keetus, subtly backing up a little. And then, when it seemed like nothing other than an intense stomachache was going to occur…

The man’s whole body seemed to become fuzzy around the edges. Like he was becoming censored. Blocked. Rejected by existence. The fuzziness, which brought numbness to it, went away. But so did his equilibrium, his body falling to its knees automatically.

All of Keetus’ senses were next to go, his eyes rolling up into the back of his head. A blessing in disguise really. From here on out, it was worse for those watching.

And then his skin began to crawl, shift, bubble grossly, and move all about itself in ways clearly never meant to happen. His limbs even starting to misplace themselves as if they were a Rubik’s Cube trying to remember how it all went. Putty being stretched, torn, and rolled thin by an invisible, cruel child.

His skin turned inside out. Every organ seen, blood trying to flow uselessly, heart still pumping, lungs shaking as they searched vainly for breath.

And then in a grand finale…….

Keetus Windbrook imploded in on himself into a tiny, disgusting ball hovering in midair…spasmed for half a second, then before anyone could react….

Exploded with all of the blood and gore one would expect splattering all of them, staining the stone floors and walls.

Silence filled the chamber for what felt like an eternity, though it was probably closer to less than ten seconds.

[​IMG]

“Well,” Baron stated simply while calmly wiping away what had once been Keetus off from his own face, “I did warn you all, did I not? Let’s not do that again, I’ll have to cut up all of your cords and start from scratch.”

He marched up to the one who had done the deed and tilted his head as he peered into his eyes, keeping almost intimidatingly close.

“And what’s your name then, hm?”

After given, his mouth would break into a smile and he would back up a few steps, laughing. Laughing of all things!

“Well now, aren’t you just the adventurous one! I would not advise doing such things too much in the future, however. Won’t make you a lot of friends, I wager.” That last word came out more like “Wage-ah” the way he pronounced it.

Heading back to a respectable distance so they could all see him, while shaking off some more gore he noticed on his arms, his eyes darted back up and toward Atmora.

“Well now, those questions. After that debacle, I imagine we all don’t want to be standing around here dripping in blood and guts for too long, so let me abridge the answers a bit but enough to hopefully satisfy you all.”

He held up a finger, a smirk on his face as he continued on without ever really being affected by what just occurred.

“You have all been summoned here to help my colleagues and I in a crisis. We need aid and you all have been identified as having the potential to become major players in that regard. I’m going to put this bluntly and you’ll have trouble believing me, but I’ll let what just happened underscore that I am not playing around despite what I’m about to say.

His gaze held them in place, the seriousness in his tone not matching the smile on his face.

“You are not in your world anymore. Not even your own universe, if you know what that is. You are beyond all of that. There is a force, an army, that is trying to take over everything. All worlds. All universes. They have power, resources, strategy, and will not be stopped by any one world. No matter how powerful. You see, we are in what is called the Omniverse. The place that lies beyond all worlds, it consists of all! And until my colleagues and I came along, this other army known as the Omni Kingdom, had no one to resist them.

“We’ve got lots of strength. Combat ability that is unimaginable, magic so amazing you’d think you were dreaming…a funny topic that, I’ll get to it in a moment…technology so advanced, you’d think it was magic. But it is not enough. We don’t have the numbers. We need allies. We need you all. Our group, known as Genesis Gate, needs those with the potential to become elites. Possible leaders or amazing fighters that will help turn the tide of this fight for everything. Otherwise, we risk it all.”

He pointed a finger at them.

“That’s where you all come in, ladies and gentlemen. And you are our second wave of elites. The first was summoned just yesterday and is still getting used to the place themselves. I believe this answers most of your questions. As for how many came before you? Regarding those of possible elite status such as yourselves, there was about thirty or so. Not all of them will make it, like not all of you will either. One already has shown that. As for in general? Well now…that’s hard to say. Millions and millions. We’ve got quite the army of our own, you see. It’s how we’ve been putting up a fight, though it still pales in comparison to the enemy.”

Quinn folded his arms, ignoring the slight squelching sound that came from the movement.

“As for the loss of your memories, I apologize for that. What you’ve all undergone to get through to here is called the genesis process and we’re still refining it. Your amnesia is an unfortunate side effect, but temporary I am pleased to say. Your memories will return soon enough. If the last batch of elite recruits is a standard to go by, given reports, I’d say about a day.”

A long pause followed this and then he leveled another strong gaze at them all. “And let me say this now. Like it or not, there is no going back anyway. But trust me, that’s the other thing (almost sounded like ‘thang’ the way he said it) I need to tell you. Everything you knew before is a lie.

It was a dramatic sentence he enjoyed using during these greetings. But the truth of it was so immense, it was better said than not.

“This is a lot to take in, I know. So if you have any replies, do go ahead. But not too much, we are all stinking to high heaven as you can tell. Thank you.”

With that, Baron Quinn quieted momentarily, giving any who wished to speak after all of that, a chance to do so.

Tag: Atmora, Mir, Atticus, Tiberius, Morimoto, Keetus (RIP…go ahead and give a farewell post already, tough luck!), Nomuk, & Mr. Ke

@Narancia @Shadowsun @spacelady @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

Sauron IC:
    ~Theater of the Gate, Common Quarter~

The orc’s defiance despite everything he had suffered and was still suffering through was magnificent. A great foundation laid out before the future destroyer.

But there was always a limit to what Sauron would tolerate.

“THE JAM is tired because your wackass genesis process has reduced THE JAM’s power! I’ve conquered a galaxy before, chump! I’ve slain millions and millions! That’s why you ***holes brought me here! Because you don’t have what it takes to bring down your enemy!! You need THE JAM MASTER JAM! And, as THE JAM is stuck in an uncomfortable, undeniable position that he’d rather not be in, THE JAM will play ball! On one condition: You get my strength back to where I can kill that Galbatrix-Guy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!”

The towering form of the one also known as ‘The Deceiver’ just watched as the elite gave his proclamation. And he replied first with one thing.

“….So you admit weakness.”

There was a silent tension in the air as the words hung there for a moment. But then —

With speed that defied his size, Sauron was upon Jam and striking downward in a brutal jackhammer of a blow with his right fist! His eyes remaining trained on whatever Jam did in response, whether he reacted fast enough or not.

“Your power is feeble now, you admit this yourself.”

Another side-swipe from his left arm as he followed the orc, incase he moved. He resumed speaking as he attempted to hammer his new student.

“The galaxy you conquered no longer exists. Never existed in the first place, so you are the conqueror of nothing. The slayer of no one.”

He stomped down with his armored left boot, trying to crush Jam underneath, the very ground shaking with the impact. Wooden boards splintering and breaking easily.

“To proclaim your conditions to us in your state is to invite the abyss to take you, Jam. I shall see you there if that is your desire. But know this…”

Regardless of how Jam was faring before this point, Sauron managed to grab hold of him now and pin him in place. Though he merely just held him there for the time being, unmoved by any counterattacks.

“You want power? You will get it! You want to conquer galaxies? I shall have you control or rend asunder multiverses! You want to kill millions? I shall have you murder and annihilate decillions! You want glory to last a lifetime, I shall give you glory that will last ALL LIFETIMES!

“You wish to destroy Galbatorix, of all people?”

Now a long pause presented itself. The evil Maia stared strongly at the one in his grip, deeply into his soul it felt like. Judging him, considering.

“Then so shall you. But NEVER AGAIN proclaim anything to me in that manner!”

Sauron let loose of Jam and stepped back.

“I shall give you strength far beyond what you had before in your Dream World. Of that, there is no doubt.”

But in turn, you will submit to me. Whether you realize it or not.

Turning his back to him, Sauron moved toward the doors of the theater, his voice trailing behind him.

“Take a few minutes to rest your body. And then I shall have you begin in truth.”

As the orc did so, the Lord of Mordor would begin whispering to a few Nazgul who would heed his silent call at the doors.

Tag: Jam @The Jedi in the Pumas

Jeannie Yardhouse IC:
    ~Dining Room, Elite Dreamers Estate~

The moment Amaya supplied her with what she wanted for breakfast, the woman would simply nod and reply with a demure ‘of course, milady.’ She would then help her to a seat and would head for the kitchen where the servants were busy at work.

Grimble nearby just winked at her again, but otherwise continued to busy himself with his food and his own thoughts of everything that had happened to them thus far.

Not too long from then, Jeannie would return with a plate of her chosen meal and set it before her with a gentle warning of ‘careful, it’s hot.’ With a gracious curtsey and smile, she would look at the woman further before being unable to resist asking:

“What did you have planned for your first real day in Shadow’s Reach, if I may ask?”

Tag: Amaya @TheAdmiral

22. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Combo with @Darth_Elu

Goro Oni & Luca Brasi

Away from the feast and towards a place to rest...

Goro scratched his cheek and flashed a snarling face to Brasi-san. There was no particular reason for this behaviour, but it behooved Goro to do so. It was in his nature.

"Alright then, lead the way Brasi-kun. I should be gettin' to sleep anyway." Goro murmured, before scooping up a strange but familiar bottle of beer...

[​IMG]

He pulled the cap off with his teeth, and took a swig, before lighting another cigarette and taking a long drag. He smirked, before taking a generous portion more of the bottles and following Brasi-san, his arms laden with Sapporo beer and his cigarette clenched between his teeth.

They left the feast hall, and Goro quickly downed his first bottle and launched it to the ground, where it shattered into oblivion. He cracked open another bottle, before turning his head to Brasi-san.

"So, what's it like workin' in this weird ol' dump, Brasi-kun?"

[​IMG]

Luca watched Goro quietly for just a moment after he agreed to follow him then managed to pull off the cap of his beer with his teeth. The tall man then slowly spoke, as if making sure he didn't foul up his words. His eyes showed recognition to the 'kun' honorific, but his face showed he couldn't quite remember what it was from exactly, so he chose not to remark on it.

"That...That was impressive, Mr. Oni. Please follow me...when you are ready." A pause as he watched the man pull out his cigarette and then he reached into his coat pocket and produced a lighter. "Let me get that for you, Mr. Oni. It would be my honor."

The tall footman reached over and helped Goro with his cigarette then pocketed his lighter once more. As Goro scooped up a number of bottles, he let out a laugh that guffawed out of his large frame.

"You...you like to live up to your elite title all ready, Mr. Oni. I respect that. Come, I'll hold some of those for you so you...don't have to."

Whether or not Goro accepted this, they set off not long later and walked down the hall. Silent at first. At least until the eyepatched man downed the first beer in record time and smashed the now empty bottle along the stone floor. Luca sidestepped carefully as they kept moving and opened his mouth as if to say something, but then slowly closed it as he seemed to think better of it. Or perhaps wasn't quite sure what to say. Hard to tell.

From behind them, Shredder was frowning heavily and Baron Quinn was folding his arms at the sight, those a smirk played upon his lips showing he was more amused by the spectacle than anything. He whispered something quietly to the ninja, which produced a disapproving shake of the head. The Baron shrugged as if in accepting disagreement.

At Goro's question, asked just as they were passing through the door to the outside where the Evaluation Chamber sat to their right, its domes glinting beautifully in the moonlight. The many stars twinkling far above.

"It's..." a more thoughtful pause this time as they walked, "It's very interesting. You see a lot of things you never thought you'd see, Mr. Oni. I came here with others, but I now work for Genesis Gate. That's...ok; I still get to see them pretty often. It's really rewarding..."

He looked at the man, holding out another beer for him (if he was allowed to take them earlier), "They treat you right here, is what I think."

A heartbeat later, then a random question. "You ever seen magic, Mr. Oni?"

Goro took one of the beers that Luca offered him, and took a large swig after biting off the cap (again). He raised a brow at this question, and stroked his chin in thought.

"Well... The only magic I ever saw was in a gambling den... but it turned out that he was cheating..." he said, looking a bit disappointed after recollecting this memory* (let me know if this breaks the rules of memories)

"Real magic? Nah... That's all fairy tale bullsheeyat. You believe in that baloney?"

The man considered what his assigned elite said about the gambling den, shaking his head.

"You kill him?" he asked simply.

Luca continued walking at a calm, measured pace after the question; where they soon found themselves coming before the entrance to the Evaluation Chamber with its golden doors and silver skeletal guards still in place. This, the footman pointed at casually after shifting the beer bottles in his arms.

"See, that's what I'm talking about. You never see that. Not until here anyway."

Turning to face the opposite direction and leading Goro away from the building at last, he looked at him again while they left the Genesis District for the Common Quarter.

"Normally not. But, Mr. Oni...this place ain't normal. Nothin' in it is. You'll see. I did..."

A far off look came over his face as they walked, his voice almost awed as he said, "Seen it used to kill a man. A lot of them in fact. Sure wish I had magic."

Goro scowled. Damn fool. Magic ain't real... Then again... This place is kinda crazy.

Goro pinched himself, making sure for the 500th time that this is not, in fact, a dream. He then redirected his attention to Luca's question.

"Kill him? Heh... probably, but everything's a haze..." He remarked, his face lost in deep thought.

"People find a way to use everything to kill. We can't help it, y'know? Jealously, rage, greed... All of it makes us kill each other..." He scratched his chin, his eye beginning to sting from exhaustion.

"Either way, I'm stickin' to guns. Good ol' lead can take down anything. That Revy sure knows how to use a gun, from the looks of it, too..." Goro let out a wicked chuckle, and finished his second beer bottle before taking another from Luca.

"Why'd they take you away from those 'others' ya yammered on about?" Goro asked.

Luca smiled a little bit, nodding in agreement to his assigned elite for the evening. He appreciated a man who knew how to stick to the classics as well and he agreed with what he said about people and killing. Killing was sometimes just a way of life, it certainly was for him.

"...Yeah. We always got a reason. Right about that...Mr. Oni. Hope you killed that guy though...I would have. I don't like cheats."

Handing a third beer to Goro, noting how he seemed to take to them like water which was impressive, he nodded again at his insistence with guns.

"I respect that...You talking about Miss Revy Two-Hands? At least....that's what a lot of people call her. Yeah, she's good with guns. Real good. Fiesty too...has a temper," a look that seemed to resonate with his words came and went, "Something...I share with her."

Turning down the side street and coming before the Elite Dreamers Estate at last, he pointed it out before answering Goro's last question.

"This is it. Your room is on the second floor, Mr. Oni. This way."

He resumed walking, his giant frame moving forward steadily and with confidence despite the slower way he sometimes spoke. "The others? Oh...you mean the Corleone Family? Ah, they didn't take me away..." he paused as he opened the door for his elite and allowed him to enter first, "I was a kind of...uh, what did he call it?"

A pause as the big man thought about a memory, "An exchange. I represent the Corleones by working on behalf of Genesis Gate now to show their good will. It was Tom's idea and...The Don liked it.....maybe you see them someday. They have an embassy here in the City."

From here he quieted and allowed Goro to take in the fancy sights, waiting for when he was ready to ascend the stairs to his personal quarters.

Goro let out a low whistle as he looked at the building Luca brought him to.

"They're really givin' us good accommodation here. Maybe it's to pamper us before killin' us." Goro snickered, before the two ascended the stairs.

"An embassy, huh..? Interesting..." Goro stroked his chin. If he had an embassy from wherever he was from, was it possible that Goro could find one too, and somehow reclaim his lost memories?

It was an interesting thought, but Goro decided to deal with it later. He downed another beer. It's affects were sinking in. He walked with more swagger, his magnificent confidence now being doubled by the use of alcohol. He took another from Luca and swung his arm round Luca's neck.

"Not bad, not bad... You kill many people then, Luca-chan?" Goro asked.

"I don't know about them killin' you, Mr. Oni, but yes. Good place here," Luca replied while looking around as well.

When the drunken elite downed another beer, the effects finally starting to show themselves in his behavior, Luca took it as a sign and began escorting him up the stairs.

"This way. Your room is on the next floor up," he informed him while carefully assisting him if necessary, ignoring the slung arm.

His gaze flicked over to Goro for a moment, pausing for just a second on a step before contining.

"Yes, I've killed...many people...for the Corleones. A few for Genesis Gate too, but not...as much as before."

Soon enough they were on the second floor and he began leading him to his door on the south side. His quarters were between Ayira's and Dusty's. Opening the door with one hand carefully, he announced simply:

"Here's your room, Mr. Oni. Hope you like it."

Goro entered the room and raised his brows.

"Impressive, Luca-chan!" Goro exclaimed, his drunken stupor causing him to knock over several ornaments placed around the room.

He stumbled towards the bed, and crashed into it. He seemed to be falling asleep, until he flung one hand into the air.

"Another beer!" He commanded with a tone of utmost importance while his face was planted onto a pillow.

Before his command could be completed, his snores began to fill the room as he fell into slumber.

Luca winced as Goro stumbled about and then finally belly-flopped only semi-intentionally onto it. Blinking, the large man just stared at the elite for a moment, wondering what to do. That was when the arm flung out and the demand for another beer came.

A laugh was prompted at this and he shrugged, starting to move toward him again. But then, sure enough, Goro Oni was snoring and fast asleep before the beer ever got to him. Hand had dropped down onto the bed as a cemented sign of this fact and all in all, it was probably for the best.

Slowly, Luca Brasi looked about him a bit, before deciding to put the remaining beers into the fridge in the kitchen and then take his time writing out a decent sized note on a notepad on a desk explaining the room, incase the man needed it. If nothing else, Goro would at least find the information about the pouch of money on the nightstand interesting. Also how to work the wall communicator was always a good thing.

Shrugging out of the chair, Luca bowed once more to the slumbering form of the Japanese man before exiting the room and heading to other duties for the night.

That hadn't been too bad and Mr. Oni seemed like a fun guy, he thought.

---

The Morning...

Goro's eyes slowly flickered upon, and he groaned from the hangover. He had had much much worse, sure, but this was the first one since his "arrival."

He lay in bed for a few minutes, staring at the ceiling of the room and gathering his thoughts.

What the hell is going on?

He finally found the willpower to drag himself out of bed, and found his way to the room's kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. He looked around for some kind of coffee, but scratched his head as he had no idea how to work anything in the kitchen. Scratching his chin, as was habitual for him, he left the room, with no need to change his clothes as he had fallen asleep in them.

Exiting the estate, Goro took a left, heading towards the Central District, looking for anything that looked familiar to him.

@Darth_Elu

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  23. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Mir Dragonson and Tiberius Trajan

Mir stared in fascination as he watched the scene unfold before him, his hand still holding the ethereal umbilical cord. Once the man exploded in a grisly human firework Mir simply gave a bored nod of his head.

So the Baron was not lying.

“Well,” Baron stated simply while calmly wiping away what had once been Keetus off from his own face, “I did warn you all, did I not? Let’s not do that again, I’ll have to cut up all of your cords and start from scratch.”

Mir too began to wipe the blood off his own face. Tiberius for his part had been morbidly curious, in fact, he had been tempted to do the same thing, although he had not dared to actually follow throw. His pristine white hair now stained red, this was an annoyance, to say the least, he gave the man a dirty look, annoyed that not only did he have no shirt but now he was covered in blood.

Mir had begun to look down at the white cord, inspecting it to figure out what it was. His only conclusion that he had never interacted with such a substance it was quite fascinating, to say the least.

“And what’s your name then, hm?”

The half-elf gave him a bored look.

"Apologies I am Mir Dragonson,"

He then resumed his silence, paying attention to whatever the Baron had to say, without actually showing any interest.

“Well now, aren’t you just the adventurous one! I would not advise doing such things too much in the future, however. Won’t make you a lot of friends, I wager.”

Friends? He could not remember anything, how was he supposed to make 'friends' in the first place.

Tiberius merely just watched the scene unfold, his mind now even more curious as to the nature of wherever they were. Both men listened intently to the answers Quinn gave, musing over what he had to say.

As he spoke Tiberius's brow became increasingly furrowed. Mir turned his head to Quinn, his eyes also narrow, now asking a question of his own.

"And if we refuse? Refuse to fight this little war of yours?"

Tiberius tilted his head, the nerve of this man. Did no one care that he had just killed a man? For what... because he was curious what would happen? The man looked down at his robotic hand, a clue perhaps of what had come before. No special markings that he could identify, no jogging of these past 'memories'.

He then raised his head, remaining silent for now. It was best to observe the others, there was far too little information for his liking.

TAG: @Narancia @Darth_Elu @spacelady @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

IC: Samuel Jupiter
    Cyber-Matrix Suite, Shadow’s Reach

Samuel gave a slow nod of his head, still very bemused by the whole situation.

"Very well..."

Jupiter you want to go or should I?

{As the capabilities of Agent Smith are unknown to us, and given he would desire our greatest output of combat prowess, you should fight him}

Good, I was hoping you'd say that

Samuel's central eye remained the same deep red, the metal on his arms and legs morphing, a shifting of plates as he readied himself for hand-to-hand combat.

"You know I usually fight with a special weapon of mine... but this...,"

He fell to the floor, his hands providing an anchor point as his legs came round in a swing, attempting to collide with the side of Agent Smith's legs, causing them to buckle to the floor.

"... will do just fine,"

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo'Sua Dhatra

As the Jo'Sua spoke, he found the Sniper Wolf leading him over to a nearby building (a butcher by the looks and smell of things), a ladder propped up against the side of it. She was steering him toward it, but listening to him along the way without interruption.

Stopping before the ladder now, she looked at Jo’Sua and casually swept some of her golden locks out of her face. It was a fair face, and clean lock that moved to reveal the flesh beneath, the temptation of the living to one that was born to despise them, but the wolf, the wolf saw the potential life mate. That, and that trumped all others.

It was interesting to hear how she believed things were set up in a way to curtail and keep one such as Sauron in check. Granted once upon a time Sauron had been what most considered a lesser evil in his old worlds, it was curious to ponder what was a match or greater that could keep Sauron in check and not at the same time do the same nor worse.

She went first up after bidding him follow up the ladder and placed her hands on her hips when she got to the top, waiting for him to make his way to join her. On the roof of the building there were already some cases of ammunition, two rifle bipods, and a Barret M82 Sniper Rifle lying there in wait.

Standing there, taking it in, he waited until she motioned him ahead. Evaluations had begun.

“You spoke of moving across worlds, so perhaps you have some experience. Ever handled one before? Go ahead and get a feel for it without loading for now. Tell me your thoughts.”

Dropping to his arms he crawled forward, sniffing over the weapon and the ammo, getting a taste and a feel for the thing as a whole. With bare hands he felt and barely lifted it, feeling the weight, the solid state of the build. It felt heavier than his memories, but the memories were lies. The weapon was well oiled, well tended. No burs nor signs of neglect though he had doubted he would find any. Laying down he tipped it and viewed through the sights, chambering and un-chambering the empty weapon he squeezed but did not trigger a dry fire. In the end he merely rolled his hood toward her a little.

"It is satisfactorily solid. Curious about the recoil and whether I could get proper gloves." he stated with a sigh, the problems of focusing his eyes in the land of the living and in the realm of the dead was an interesting issue, he would have to work on it. Although he had to admit it was still tiring to keep his will focused on existing to keep his hands able to interact with the rifle.

spacelady, Narancia and Darth_Elu like this.
  25. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    [​IMG]

“Good questions and important ones, let us give the others a chance to introduce themselves, and I daresay I’ll then get back to your questions.”

Lady Atmora nodded at this and listened patiently for everyone else to introduce themselves, even being slightly disturbed by Mr.Ke's voice until she heard an audible "PLOOP." Then the laughter that followed, Lady Atmora turned to see a man with flayed skin, laughing at a man who was obviously in excruciating pain. Atmora turned to the Baron to see his reaction and all he simply did was step back, distancing himself from whatever was coming.

God's it was a horror to watch, the poor soul's skin began crawling, bubbling even, and then worst of all came the POP!

Viscera was everywhere, my god, a lot of it got on everyone, including her and the Baron of all people! A surprise considering the Baron had already moved to distance himself.

Lady Atmora's anger flared; this was beyond reprehensible, unacceptable, disgusting, and horrid. Atmora needed to know who was responsible for this..this madness!

Atmora finally had her answer the man with the jagged armor, the Baron walked right up to him, confronted him and....laughed!!!!???

That was it; this place was a factory of madness! Atmora turned to the man with the flayed skin and was more disturbed by his actions; Atmora quickly retched but barely managing to prevent herself from vomiting; she was too disgusted and horrified to hear the Baron's words, focusing only on the man with the flayed skin.

[​IMG]

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"This is so funny; look at you even your skin doesn't want to be attached to you, C'mon kiddo, make my day!"

That's when Keetus exploded, the happiest day Morimoto had in a while; actually, the happiest day he could even remember.

"POP goes the weasel~ "

"POP goes the weasel!"

Morimoto sang over and over and over again.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then once Morimoto tired of laughing, he laid down on the viscera and began making snow angels. Casually throwing a chunk at Baghead with the cool voice, making it seem like the random timid-looking cat monk did it.

IC: Both MORIMOTO and Lady Atmora

Lady Atmora had enough of Morimoto's actions, as she quickly marched right over to the man and picked him up with one hand, pushing him against the wall.

"Do you think death is a simple game? I should end your pitiful existence right here and now; you are an abomination against nature, sanctity, and sanity. REPENT, and I may let you live if you reform your ways."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morimoto just continued, laughing, and after a moment, finally answered.

"Yes, and I'm done pretending it's not. In fact it was so funny watching that cat boi explode. It made my eyes water with pure joy."

Morimoto looked at his bloodied hand and reached to smear it all over Lady Atmora's mask; unfortunately for him, Atmora predicted his movements and grabbed his bloodied outstretched hand.

"Your madness ends now."

"So does your justice crusading ways," retorted Morimoto.

As Lady Atmora noticed that Morimoto had his hand on her cord.

"I could end you right now and watch you die in a similar agonizing death as the cat boi, and I'll just roll around in your viscera too, singing humpty dumpty."

Morimoto paused, letting that sink into Lady Atmora's mind, expecting fear. But he would find none, instead Lady atmora simply dropped Morimoto's outstretched hand and quickly grabbed and crushed the mad man's other hand that was on her cord until it went limp. The sounds of bone crushing and cracking heard echoingthroughout the room. Lady Atmora loudly spoke these words intending for everyone to her them.

"I. Don't. Listen. To. Threats!"

Atmora dropped the flayed man on the ground, shaking her head and muttering all the same and as she returned to her original position, she stared long and hard at the Baron, Mir, and Morimoto. All of them were now on her list, they were now officially Lady Atmora's targets.

And despite his hand being broken Morimoto kept haunting the area with his laugh.

@Shadowsun @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @Darth_Elu