main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unclassifiable OPEN Genesis Gate

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, May 27, 2020.

1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Ayira

“Yes, you do. Here. I’m guessing I wouldn’t be wrong in suggesting that you don’t even remember where otherwise? Don’t worry, my vagueness won’t last much longer and you’ll understand well, what I mean. A pleasure to meet you as well, Lady Ayira.” He said in his thick accent, one that Ayira couldn't place.

The young warrior eyed him more as the others continued giving names and asking questions. That strange sensation still hung around and her skin prickled. She got the feeling that she didn't like being in the dark about things, and this was basically a pitch black room. Ayira warily looked back at the cord tethering her from... wherever.

“None of you have ever met each other, of that I am most certain. Nor have we ever met, I believe that too is clear. Now, getting back to Lady Charjra’s question of purpose…well, let me finally explain.”

And then Quinn explained that they all came from different worlds, which they were not apart of anymore. He, and his allies, were called Genesis Gate, and they were going up against the Omni Kingdom, but they could not fight against their strength, not without help. Ayira glanced around at her surroundings and the others at her sides. Did she die...? Was this death? Or a dream? She had a hard time deciding, and yet it felt very real.

"All of you here, have the potential to become leaders or great fighters, with or without magic of your own, at such a rate and with such limitless potential; that we had to recruit you to our cause. Otherwise, we all risk everything. And let me say this now. Like it or not, there is no going back anyway. But trust me, that’s the other thing I need to speak to you about. Everything you knew before, is a lie."

She gave a harsh look at that statement. Everything was a lie? A large part of her wanted to stand in argument with that. Part of her wanted to yell out. How dare he?! But... everything. What did that word even mean now? She couldn't even remember what everything was. She gritted her teeth in anger. For the damn life of her, she couldn't remember.

Think, Ayira. Remember.

And yet, still nothing returned to her.

“Still, this is a lot to digest, so if you have any current responses...By all means, go ahead.”

Ayira remained silent, wrestling with her mind and also trying to absorb all that he said. And wondering why the name Quinn seemed so familiar. She half heartedly listened to the others ask questions as she kept within her own head, but then the loud, booming voice of the large... thing brought her out of her thoughts.

"THE JAM AGREES WITH THE SMALL MAN. UNFORTUNATELY, YOU HAVE SURROUNDED HIM WITH SMALL WOMEN AND PRETTY ELF BOYS. THE JAM IS A GREAT WARRIOR. IT MAKES SENSE THAT YOU, SMALL BARON, WOULD BRING THE JAM HERE. IT IS I WHO WILL LEAD THE REST TO DRINK THE BLOOD OF THE OMNI KINGDOM AND FEAST UPON THEIR ELDERLY. YOU MAY REST EASY. SEE? EVEN AT THE PRESENCE OF JAM, THE OMNI KINGDOM COWERS AND DISAPPEARS FROM SIGHT. WHERE ARE THEY? I MUST BREAK THEM!"

So, he was as dumb as he looked. Okay. Ayira folded her arms in disapproval at him and the look on her face was clear with annoyance. "Big tough guy is going to take on an army all by himself, huh?" She leveled an amused look. "Can I get the front seat to that?"

Her green eyes traveled back to Quinn. "I have to agree with... him," She titled her chin over to Arthur. "If you're having so much trouble, are you planning on bringing in more people? This isn't enough."

Tag: Everyone

2. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    The Jam
    Shadow's Reach

The woman's words cut through the Jam's booming laughter.

Did she doubt Jam?

Did she not know the legends?

Though, Jam realized that he did not remember the legends.

But surely she had heard the songs of Jam?

Though, Jam realized that he also did not remember the songs.

But of someone of the Jam's caliber, there must have been songs. There must have been legends. And parties thrown in his name. This....toy soldier dared doubt Jam's ability?

He turned around to face her.

"PUNY WOMAN..." His face contorted into a merciful grin. "YOU THINK WE NEED MORE? I SEE...YOU ARE AFRAID OF GOING INTO BATTLE WITH A GHOST AND A..." Jam looked at the small gnome and licked his lips. "A SMALL SNACK OF SOME KIND. THE JAM EMPATHIZES WITH YOUR WEAKNESS. YOU WILL HAVE YOUR SAFE VIEW FROM BEHIND ME."

Jam walked as close to her as his tether would allow, placed his hands on his hips, buffed out his chest, and peered down at her.

"BEHOLD. THE WONDER THAT I AM. WHY ELSE WOULD THE SMALL BARON SUMMON ONE AS MIGHTY AS THE JAM ALONGSIDE ONES AS WEAK AS YOU? HAVE NO FEAR, YOUNG FRAGILE WOMAN. FOR JAM IS HERE!"

Tag: All​

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Approved:

Character Sheet

[​IMG]

Name: Henry “Dusty” White
    Race: Human
    Hair Color: Gray
    Eye Color: Blue
    Height & Build: 6’1” medium build, though he has grown a little soft around the middle with age
    Other Physical Attributes: He sports poorly maintained mutton chops that come across more like a straggly beard; he also walks with a slight limp from a gunshot wound he sustained in his youth
    Magic Sensitivity: No

4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: HS29, go ahead and reply to the little opening I give you in the beginning, then read through the various updates with the rest of this one naturally being the most recent. You can reply to them all in one go this way and catch up. :)

Baron Quinn IC:
    ~The Genesis Gate, Shadow’s Reach~

A few moments previous.

There was a brief pause in between some introductions, being not long after Valynor had spoken but before Charjra was due to speak with her initial question. As Baron Quinn looked over some of the others brought forth, his eyes spied an older gentleman among them. One who actually didn’t look fantasy-ish at all, like the others around him. Indeed, he seemed more a figure out of the Old West. A time period that felt much, if not fully like, the one he himself had once called home. Before the current war against the Omni Kingdom. Before Shadow’s Reach.

“Excuse me, sir,” Quinn opens up first in this case, “And what might your name be?”

And now back to the present.

As expected, the group took in his words silently for a few moments, letting it all sink in. To say it was a lot to do so, would be an understatement of the greatest magnitude possible. When someone finally did speak up, it was the dark elven woman, Charjra.

“If, everything known to us before was a lie, and we have been stripped of this knowledge, then why tell us of this now? Or does that mean to hold some other significance?”

The Baron gave a little smile and scratched the side of his head in a moment in thought, offering the smallest of shrugs to the woman.

“Honestly, I figured you’d want to know. Only right, I think. It was your very memories, what once made you, you. No? The only thing that did. After all, it is the genesis process that has stripped you of them, not us specifically. A side-effect as you will, one we hope to eventually eliminate in future refinements of the process. Nevertheless, as I’ve already stated, it is thankfully temporary.

“Your memories will return soon enough. By tonight by my estimation.”

It was around then that Valynor gave a little sigh as he listened to the unfolding conversation and going over his own thoughts. The Baron offered a small, apologetic smile toward him, then refocused immediately back on the conversation he was overseeing.

“Lies have value. I wish to keep mine, shall they be returned?”

Quinn gave an appreciable pause as he considered the wraith creature. He rather liked this one as well. The way he held himself. The way he carefully crafted his words. If he could show great passion as well when the time came, they’d mesh quite well. Quite well indeed.

“Naturally,” he replied, “However, that also implies an even trust to a certain degree. If you reject our request outright, I cannot promise anything, now can I.”

“Indeed. For I know such things as ice and snow once existed. Your statement, Baron, would suggest these were never real, yet I know I have…walked? Them.”

Hm, either the genesis process hit this Irryn a little harder than most, or she was misconstruing his words just a little. Which was something that did happen from time to time. It merely called for a correction.

“Oh, the very basic concepts of life are quite there. The land, sea, sky, your bodies, and so forth. It is more the contextual substance of how it was all…executed, that is the issue. Ice and snow are quite real, and I am sure you walked them…yet you also never really did.”

Quinn sighed, “I shall explain momentarily, but it seems Sir Arthur has a comment first. Go ahead, sir.”

“If this Kingdom you face is too numerous for your leaders, why so few of us? Aye if we are to be great leaders, leaders of who? Great warriors, who stands with us? Are there armies? Banners to be called?”

Baron Quinn nodded appreciatively at the logistics leaned questions, the technical bearing. This one knew how to get straight down to business, but in a proper way. Get what was important for the job, the foundation settled, and then begin your march.

“How many others have gone through this ‘Genesis Process’? And how many would be enough?”

A good question, that last one. Still more was to be said before he could respond to them all. This was punctuated by the deep chuckle filling the chamber. The orc was ready to talk once more.

“The Jam agrees with the small man. Unfortunately, you have surrounded him with small women and pretty elf boys,” a finger was pointed at Arthur and showcased some more misunderstanding, “The Jam is a great warrior.”

Granted, types like this one were often this way. Damn useful, so long as you knew how to handle them properly.

“It makes sense that you, small Baron, would bring The Jam here. It is I who will lead the rest to drink the blood of the Omni Kingdom and feast upon their elderly. You may rest easy. See? Even at the presence of Jam, the Omni Kingdom cowers and disappears from sight. Where are they? I must break them!”

Eagerness. A thirst for the battle. Yes, this one would be very useful. The first problem with Jam was already crystal clear. Getting him to be patient enough to wait for his first battle. Then again, after today, that wouldn’t be his problem.

Immediately after all the vain proclamations of the orc, the armored blonde gave a disgusted look in his direction. Potential trouble brewing there…trouble the Baron was already looking forward to see manipulated in the future.

“Big tough guy is going to take on an army all by himself, huh? Can I get the front seat to that?”

That was going to provoke a reaction. Excellent.

“I have to agree with…him,Ayira nodded toward Arthur, “If you’re having so much trouble, are you planning on bringing in more people? This isn’t enough.”

Now, he could finally respond. Wait, no. One more interruption. That provoked reaction he instinctively knew was coming. For the time being, Quinn did nothing but watch the two of them.

“Puny woman…You think we need more? I see…you are afraid of going into battle with a ghost and a…A small snack of some kind. The Jam empathizes with your weakness. You will have your safe view from behind me.”

Jam walked as close to Ayira as the tether would allow, getting him to a good twelve feet or so from her based on where they were initially standing from one another, placed his hands on his hips, puffed out his chest, and continued.

“Behold. The wonder that I am. Why else would the small Baron summon one as mighty as The Jam alongside ones as weak as you? Have no fear, young fragile woman. For Jam is here!”

This was when, of course, the tethers finally dissolved, whether they realized or not. Before they did or at least could possibly act on it, the Baron decided now was the time to retake control of the conversation and steer their attentions away from each other. For the moment.

“While I am enjoying this show of bravado, and I am sure well justified posturing, let me answer those questions and get a few things clear. I think you’ll all appreciate it.”

Quinn moved over toward them, but in a spot where all could still see him well, briefly nodding toward Dusty and Grimble. His eyes were alert, speech easy, and posture remained calm. His left hand had returned to his hilt, however, in casual fashion. Still, it may or may not have been their imagination that his hand seemed to tighten on the weapon for a split second before seemingly thinking better of it. For those who caught it, a warning perhaps? Or maybe just a simple, if subtle, sign that despite everything he was still very much in control of what was going on in this room.

No matter how rowdy it likely could get.

“I’ll shortly be giving you all a chance to show off exactly what you’ve got to give as a possible member of Genesis Gate, so rest assured there. However, don’t be surprised if you find perhaps you’re not quite as strong or fast as you remember. For those with magic, I’m sure you’ve already noticed it seems inaccessible. All part of the Genesis Process. Again, you’ve all been identified as people with amazing potential however, so you’ll regain what once was lost and more, here. That, I can guarantee. Still.”

Here he glanced at Jam, “I’m sure you’ll still possess a good measure of your basic strength and other foundational skills. Speed, endurance, dexterity, and such. But that’s all the next step, lets not get ahead of ourselves, hm?”

Here the Baron finally pointed out at Arthur and Ayira.

“Your questions. Good ones. Are there armies? Oh dear me, are there armies. Glorious ones too. For those of you who truly live for the battle, believe me, they’re a beautiful sight when they get going. So are we bringing in more? Absolutely, yes. But you are not the first to come here, ladies and gentlemen. Oh no, not even close. Not by a long shot. You are merely the first to be summoned as the elite. The ones the leadership wants to truly cultivate to greatness, because a great amount of soldiers and warriors are nice, but we need more who can truly go the distance, as it were.

“Leaders of who? In time, you’ll be high officers of the armies. Generals even. Or simply stick to elite soldiers or assassins, what have you, if you wish that instead. Of course The Council will give its orders of what it’d like to see based on your individual progresses as well, taking into account your own thoughts. Without high leaders, this whole thing would break down, would it not? Who knows, maybe some among us may eventually become a member of The Council. As for who stands with us? How large are these supposed armies I’ve mentioned?

“Forget hundreds or thousands, if that’s where your mind is taking you. Try millions upon millions. And the enemy even more still. We will be fighting over a distance you can scarce imagine, that’s all I can say. Again, this is the space that connects all spaces. Bigger than any one universe, it contains them all. And that’s exactly what we’re fighting for. You’ll understand when you get out there. So how many have gone through the Genesis Process?”

Quinn shook his head and couldn’t help but laugh for a moment, “I couldn’t even begin to fathom a guess, truth be told! Normally we’re constantly pulling new recruits, but have slowed for a moment so we can take more time with you, as you all are truly invaluable. It’s only proper."

Here he held up a hand as to silence them all before pressing further questions, “Let me get to the one thing most of you are really still wondering about. Everything you knew before is a lie. I said that, yes? What did I mean by that, exactly? How can I even begin to utter such a phrase, hm? Wonder no more.”

The Baron motioned toward the white pool-like substance behind them all, where those who might not have realized their disappeared tethers now certainly would notice.

“That mass right there is the Genesis Gate we named ourselves after. You were all pulled through there from where you all came from. The same place, yet disconnected from one another. You see, among the various places of the Omniverse, certain things seem to hold true everywhere. And they can create special places, planes if you will, between the various realms. What is one thing that nearly everyone does?

“Sleep, ladies and gentlemen, sleep. And when one sleeps, often they dream. Shadow’s Reach has the ability to move throughout the Omniverse, but due to tactical reasons hasn’t in a long time. In fact, its kept to this location since I’ve known it. Because its connected itself to,” he pointed at the Genesis Gate again, “The Plane of Dreams.”

His eyes gave a look that was both stern, yet apologetic almost for those who may have trouble with this revelation.

“Your life before is a lie because of that. You are…no, were, simply creations of the dreams of others. Perhaps there is another you out there and you were them starring in their own dreams. Or maybe you were simply created as a fictional character within, that particular truth doesn’t matter. In the end, you were a conceptual being. An abstract thing, really. When your memories return of your dream world, that you naturally thought as real then, you will find one thing immediately as I’ve heard from those who came from the Plane of Dreams before you all. Sensations are sharper, stronger, more vivid, more real here, once you begin to compare them.

“By summoning you here to Shadow’s Reach in the Omniverse, you have finally been given a true physical form and mind. Those umbilical cords, as I called them, were more than just base symbology. Congratulations everyone! You have literally just been born.”

Baron Quinn gave a grin and a few sharp claps that echoed throughout the chamber, while this sudden lurch of information reverberated throughout the room and their souls.

“If you don’t believe me, that’s fine, you’ll come to find the truth yourselves once your memories return to you. The difference in sensation and certain potential gaps in logic will be undeniable, so I’ve been told. I cannot state firsthand as I was recruited from an actual realm where I was born, rather than the Plane of Dreams myself. But that revelation has been unanimous among our soldiers and agents that came before you. And I’ve already revealed the general idea of how many of them there are.”

The Baron rested his hand on his hilt again and just watched them evenly. “Like I said, there’s no going back is there. Not with that truth. This is why you may be a bit weaker or slower than you originally thought, as this body is brand new and quite literally the first time you’ve really had one. Why you can’t touch your magic…there was never truly any magic to begin with. Everything you knew was a byproduct of the dream you occupied, were a part of. But now you are free. And we dearly hope this makes helping us worth it.

“Through it, you will finally gain real experiences of a sort that are unparalleled anywhere else. And lay claim to that which everyone craves whether they know it or not.

“Identity.”

Tag: Everyone @Ktala @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @darthhelinith @galactic-vagabond422 @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @HanSolo29 @Master Vo'Un'Var

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Sinrebirth , spacelady, Ktala and 5 others like this.
  5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Charjra Myt'tar
    Shadow’s Reach, Genesis Gate

Charjra was silent as she listened to the posturing, gesturing, and other vocal debates and objections as she tried to glean what information she could. It was starting to develop a rather disturbing trend she wondered about. The Baron's next words however left her speechless.

The Baron gave a little smile and scratched the side of his head in a moment in thought, offering the smallest of shrugs to the woman.

“Honestly, I figured you’d want to know. Only right, I think. It was your very memories, what once made you, you. No? The only thing that did. After all, it is the genesis process that has stripped you of them, not us specifically. A side-effect as you will, one we hope to eventually eliminate in future refinements of the process. Nevertheless, as I’ve already stated, it is thankfully temporary. Your memories will return soon enough. By tonight by my estimation.”

Charjra noticed that the large creature had stoop up and moved a bit.

Here he held up a hand as to silence them all before pressing further questions, “Let me get to the one thing most of you are really still wondering about. Everything you knew before is a lie. I said that, yes? What did I mean by that, exactly? How can I even begin to utter such a phrase, hm? Wonder no more.”

Charjra eyebrow went up very slightly. The tether that had been attached to them were now gone. Her eyes darted across the room.

“That mass right there is the Genesis Gate we named ourselves after. You were all pulled through there from where you all came from. The same place, yet disconnected from one another. You see, among the various places of the Omniverse, certain things seem to hold true everywhere. And they can create special places, planes if you will, between the various realms. What is one thing that nearly everyone does?"

“Sleep, ladies and gentlemen, sleep. And when one sleeps, often they dream. Shadow’s Reach has the ability to move throughout the Omniverse, but due to tactical reasons hasn’t in a long time. In fact, its kept to this location since I’ve known it. Because its connected itself to,” he pointed at the Genesis Gate again, “The Plane of Dreams.”

That sinking feeling just dropped to a lower level.

“Your life before is a lie because of that. You are…no, were, simply creations of the dreams of others. Perhaps there is another you out there and you were them starring in their own dreams. Or maybe you were simply created as a fictional character within, that particular truth doesn’t matter. In the end, you were a conceptual being. An abstract thing, really. When your memories return of your dream world, that you naturally thought as real then, you will find one thing immediately as I’ve heard from those who came from the Plane of Dreams before you all. Sensations are sharper, stronger, more vivid, more real here, once you begin to compare them.

“By summoning you here to Shadow’s Reach in the Omniverse, you have finally been given a true physical form and mind. Those umbilical cords, as I called them, were more than just base symbology. Congratulations everyone! You have literally just been born.”

!!!

How does one take the news that they have just been born? She stretched out her fingers, looking at her hand. She slowly flexed it, watching the tendons move. She then looked at the Baron. Do you choose to believe, and simply accept it? And what if it is true? What of it? Does it change the truths in front of you so far? You could not accept it also. Again, what would it change? The Baron continued his words.

Baron Quinn gave a grin and a few sharp claps that echoed throughout the chamber, while this sudden lurch of information reverberated throughout the room and their souls.

“If you don’t believe me, that’s fine, you’ll come to find the truth yourselves once your memories return to you. The difference in sensation and certain potential gaps in logic will be undeniable, so I’ve been told. I cannot state firsthand as I was recruited from an actual realm where I was born, rather than the Plane of Dreams myself. But that revelation has been unanimous among our soldiers and agents that came before you. And I’ve already revealed the general idea of how many of them there are.”

The Baron rested his hand on his hilt again and just watched them evenly. “Like I said, there’s no going back is there. Not with that truth. This is why you may be a bit weaker or slower than you originally thought, as this body is brand new and quite literally the first time you’ve really had one. Why you can’t touch your magic…there was never truly any magic to begin with. Everything you knew was a byproduct of the dream you occupied, were a part of. But now you are free. And we dearly hope this makes helping us worth it.

“Through it, you will finally gain real experiences of a sort that are unparalleled anywhere else. And lay claim to that which everyone craves whether they know it or not.

“Identity.”

Charjra simply smiled. No magic? If the words he chose were true, then indeed there was magic. The magic of the simple fact of being there. Of existing. The Force, the energies of this...Plane of Dreams was more than just a science. Science could be duplicated. Repeated. She felt as if this was not the case of this plane. This Omniverse. Of course, they could call its use. But if the Gate suddenly disappeared, could they simply recreate it, just using science? Or did any of this truly matter? To her, it was all magic.

She was Charjra. Charjra Myt'tar. She breathed. Her body moved. Someone, somewhere gave life, of one type or another. It mattered not. Even if she did not believe it, it would not matter. It would not change what she was, this moment. This breath in time.

All life is but a dream anyway.

Charjra smiled, as she slowly stood up, to get a feel of her 'new' legs. She slowly gave a slow stretch, feeling the sensation.

"Truly, a most excellent epigram.", she murmured softly, looking down at herself, and then back up at the Baron.

She slyly smiled, as if knowing some secret, but said nothing more.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @darthhelinith @galactic-vagabond422 @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @HanSolo29 @Master Vo'Un'Var, @dARTh Elu

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Valynor Syndoriel
    Genesis Gate, Shadow’s Reach

Baron Quinn had gotten his attention with his previous words and mentions of an Omniverse, forgotten memories, silver chords and even a Genesis Process. But this other business of literally just being born?

Well, it was enough to make him forget all about the blustering Orc’s hot air. Or the presence of the latest newcomer; a human.

Valynor simply did not believe the Baron.

Not remembering was one thing. However, having been a mere figment in a 'dream'???

Unacceptable.

Oh, what precious coincidence, to be presently unable to access any ‘magic’, a fact thrice confirmed, which meant communing with Sehanine was out of the question. If anyone had answers, she certainly would. What brilliant trickery this was, admirable even. If it weren’t for the simple fact that he knew himself, he would have certainly believed it. Because knowing oneself already signified identity.

Still, there was no need to be ill-mannered, certainly this too was some sort of test, for he could sense some hidden truths. The Grand Sages of the White Tower often required intellectually complex examinations. This was no different. Thus, he would meet this challenge.

Sylvanor nodded graciously to Lady Charjra at the conclusion of her wise assessment. “My Lady….” He intoned with due respect.

The elf’s green eyes glinted as he now looked to the Baron as though the man were a living mystery. “You claim our Magics will return in due time, Baron….” He asserted, even as he noticed the tethered umbilical chord release.

“Should this saying prove truthful, and indeed Magic does return, only then will I be able to confirm you claims, at least to some degree; but as you said, we’ve only just met.”

Valynor offered a respectful nod to the man. He needn’t elaborate on what he had not said. The Baron had proven more than savvy enough to glean his meaning. The elf once again cast a glance unto the others to better gauge their reactions at this latest, and rather unbelievable revelation.

It was worth noting that the Warith’s reluctance had been present even from the onset. Lady Charjra remained cautious while seeking deeper understanding, not unlike himself. But what of the others? What of them, indeed.

Clever, very clever. To have them all at a disadvantage, then ply them with a tempting offer. Elite leaders. Power of the gods. Who did the Baron really speak for? The promise of prestige was well and good, and the acquisition of power irresistible, but before any such trappings were to be considered, Valynor needed far more than a stranger’s word on which to base the fabric of his very existence.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Ktala, @Mitth_Fisto, @darthhelinith, @spacelady, @galactic-vagabond422, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @HanSolo29, @
    Master Vo'Un'Var

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  7. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Irryn

It couldn't be.
    It didn't make sense.
    Yet it made so much sense.

She looked at each one of her companions standing there, and then back at herself.

Beings of the subconscious. She wondered if they had all been created by the same mind or different minds. Was there a 'real' version of herself that had had 'real' adventures with 'real' versions of her friends? Ahnah, Aput...

Their images flashed into her mind as she remembered them; Ahnah with her long black hair spilling out of her parka, clutching a whalebone staff and her son Aput chasing Qim, her familiar.

Irryn shook her head. This reminiscing, if she could call it that, still didn’t fill the other gaps in her head, ones that troubled her greatly, though she had no idea why they were so important to begin with.

“Through it, you will finally gain real experiences of a sort that are unparalleled anywhere else. And lay claim to that which everyone craves whether they know it or not... Identity.”

“Oh gods.” She whispered to herself, with rising panic.

“I don’t know who I am.”

Tag: @Ktala @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422 @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @HanSolo29 @Master Vo'Un'Var @Darth_Elu

8. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    The Jam
    Shadow's Reach
    Dreams.

Dreams within dreams.

If someone else dreamed of him, who was dreaming of them?

These questions confused Jam. So he forgot them. They didn't matter. What mattered was...

He looked over his body. His seductive, vascular forearms. His bulging biceps and angry triceps.

The stone hard abs. He slapped his tree trunk legs.

All of him.

Sculpted by the dreams of adoring beings across the universes. That's what this small Baron was saying.

Or rather that's all that Jam really gathered from the doubletalk.

Jam smirked at the Baron before folding his massive arms across his chest, throwing his head back, and laughing.

"OF COURSE... SO THE JAM WAS SO POWERFUL THAT WEAKER BEINGS DREAMED OF HIM. THE JAM IS LITERALLY WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!"

Jam noticed that his tether was now gone and he did not feel the soreness as much as he had before. Good. But something was missing...

He gripped his hands. Absence.

Ah yes.

"IF THE SMALL BARON WANTS JAM TO SAVE ALL OF YOU, THE JAM WILL REQUIRE WEAPONS. LOTS OF WEAPONS."

Tag: All

9. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Arthur MacDonald

The human continued to lean against the wall watching the baron speak and deal with the crowd of voices demanding answers. He was patient in waiting for a reply and it seemed this baron was patient as well, fielding questions from all sides and volumes. When it finally came around to him Arthur furrowed his brow. If there were such grand armies, or great warriors, what could be their foes, this Omni Kingdom must be fearsome or have numbers that would cover the ground. Where were they getting all these bodies, in much the same way this Council did? This Genesis Process?

His mind swirled with more questions until it was revealed, the thing which the Baron was keeping to himself waiting for the right moment to spring up his listeners. They were all, a fiction, a dream made up by another. Heroes from tales and stories, and what was Arthur, a great dragon slayer that could stare down an army, that could lift a mountain with one hand while playing chess with the other. Or was he just a heartbroken man looking to return a sword to a family that lost someone, someone precious. What was he, what was his story, the one put onto parchment and bound in leather? Did it matter? He was taken out of that world, planted into this one.

The knight's shoulder's sag just a little. His mind trying to wrap itself around what was going on. Was he even written of or just an idea in a person's mind. He was supposedly pulled from from the Plane of Dreams. It didn't mean there was anything to note his existence, a firm mark in the world for others to remember him…

Then again he was here, he was flesh and bone, he could feel, could breathe…

Did that make him any less real?

TAG: @Ktala @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @darthhelinith @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @HanSolo29 @Master Vo'Un'Var @Darth_Elu

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Ayira

"PUNY WOMAN... YOU THINK WE NEED MORE? I SEE...YOU ARE AFRAID OF GOING INTO BATTLE WITH A GHOST AND A... A SMALL SNACK OF SOME KIND. THE JAM EMPATHIZES WITH YOUR WEAKNESS. YOU WILL HAVE YOUR SAFE VIEW FROM BEHIND ME. BEHOLD. THE WONDER THAT I AM. WHY ELSE WOULD THE SMALL BARON SUMMON ONE AS MIGHTY AS THE JAM ALONGSIDE ONES AS WEAK AS YOU? HAVE NO FEAR, YOUNG FRAGILE WOMAN. FOR JAM IS HERE!"

The large creature moved closer to Ayira, but due to the cords, he could only reach twelve feet away from her. Still, she wasn't afraid of him in the least. She kept her arms folded and simply glared at him. He had an ego to match his large stature, though she felt safe in her own capabilities to fight him if needed... even if she couldn't remember exactly how she knew that.

Before she could make any kind of threat or retort to his assumption that she was weak, she noticed the cording attached to the large creature, Jam, and the others, faded out of sight. She glanced back and saw that the one connected to her was also gone. Her brows furrowed slightly and then Ayira looked to Quinn when he began speaking before anyone else could interrupt him once more.

While I am enjoying this show of bravado, and I am sure well justified posturing, let me answer those questions and get a few things clear. I think you’ll all appreciate it. I’ll shortly be giving you all a chance to show off exactly what you’ve got to give as a possible member of Genesis Gate, so rest assured there. However, don’t be surprised if you find perhaps you’re not quite as strong or fast as you remember. For those with magic, I’m sure you’ve already noticed it seems inaccessible. All part of the Genesis Process. Again, you’ve all been identified as people with amazing potential however, so you’ll regain what once was lost and more, here. That, I can guarantee. Still.”

Hm, so that was also something missing. Some kind of weapon on her left hip and magic. She clenched her hand into a fist and noticed the lack of energy streaming in her palm. The young woman continued to listen to the man as he explained about their army and how vast it was, though they needed people of a higher caliber. Someone like her and these others, apparently. Her green eyes narrowed just ever so slightly when he went on to talk about the promise of becoming leaders, or council members, and perhaps he was saying the truth, but it seemed very much like an empty promise. He was just trying to gain their trust or seal the deal, as it were. Though she didn't understand the word, 'universe', she understood it was bigger than she had ever seen and so many others had gone through this gate just as they did. What was this world anyway?

“Let me get to the one thing most of you are really still wondering about. Everything you knew before is a lie. I said that, yes? What did I mean by that, exactly? How can I even begin to utter such a phrase, hm? Wonder no more. That mass right there is the Genesis Gate we named ourselves after. You were all pulled through there from where you all came from. The same place, yet disconnected from one another. You see, among the various places of the Omniverse, certain things seem to hold true everywhere. And they can create special places, planes if you will, between the various realms. What is one thing that nearly everyone does? Sleep, ladies and gentlemen, sleep. And when one sleeps, often they dream. Shadow’s Reach has the ability to move throughout the Omniverse, but due to tactical reasons hasn’t in a long time. In fact, its kept to this location since I’ve known it. Because its connected itself to, the Plane of Dreams.”

Quinn then went on to explain that all of those pulled in through the Genesis Gate were all just made up in dreams or some... fiction... character. She simply gaped at him. He mentioned they would have sharper senses and upon taking a closer look around the chamber and moving her body a little, she could see and feel that he was speaking the truth. How was this possible?

“By summoning you here to Shadow’s Reach in the Omniverse, you have finally been given a true physical form and mind. Those umbilical cords, as I called them, were more than just base symbology. Congratulations everyone! You have literally just been born.” Quinn announced with a few, sharp claps.

This couldn't be right... That didn't even make any sense. She had a strange sensation that she had experienced something... oddly similar to this before... It was a weird deja vu that she couldn't pinpoint at the moment.

“Like I said, there’s no going back is there. Not with that truth. This is why you may be a bit weaker or slower than you originally thought, as this body is brand new and quite literally the first time you’ve really had one. Why you can’t touch your magic…there was never truly any magic to begin with. Everything you knew was a byproduct of the dream you occupied, were a part of. But now you are free. And we dearly hope this makes helping us worth it. Through it, you will finally gain real experiences of a sort that are unparalleled anywhere else. And lay claim to that which everyone craves whether they know it or not. Identity.”

Ayira stood, speechless. She desperately hoped her memories would return to her so she could... compare, understand a bit more. This reveal of the 'truth' threw her for a loop, and she longed for someone to look to for advice, but she couldn't even remember who that was. She kept her reaction to herself and let the others speak up while she thought some more.

The woman with the long ears and dark skin was the first to speak up and smiled, "Truly, a most excellent epigram."

The man with the red hair and also long ears was the next. “You claim our Magics will return in due time, Baron…. Should this saying prove truthful, and indeed Magic does return, only then will I be able to confirm you claims, at least to some degree; but as you said, we’ve only just met.”

Third was the pretty lady with silver hair. She looked panicked as she tried to soak in the information. “Oh gods. I don’t know who I am.” A small amount of empathy showed in Ayira's green eyes as she looked over at her as her whispered words sunk in. She stared down at her own hands, looking over each crease and rough spot from obvious training. The lady had a point... who even was she? Just a figment of someone's dream? Creation?

And then Jam's booming voice echoed through the chamber, "OF COURSE... SO THE JAM WAS SO POWERFUL THAT WEAKER BEINGS DREAMED OF HIM. THE JAM IS LITERALLY WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!" And then she was pulled from her daze. She wasn't sure if she was thankful that he manage to yank her from the sinking feeling of this void or irritated at his egomania. "IF THE SMALL BARON WANTS JAM TO SAVE ALL OF YOU, THE JAM WILL REQUIRE WEAPONS. LOTS OF WEAPONS."

Ayira folded her arms again. Well, he had a point. She needed a weapon of some kind... a sword.

Tag: Everyone!

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo'Sua Dhatra
    Genesis Gate - City of Shadow's Reach

The Baron gave his reply, “Honestly, I figured you’d want to know. Only right, I think. It was your very memories, what once made you, you. No? The only thing that did. After all, it is the genesis process that has stripped you of them, not us specifically. A side-effect as you will, one we hope to eventually eliminate in future refinements of the process. Nevertheless, as I’ve already stated, it is thankfully temporary. Your memories will return soon enough. By tonight by my estimation.”

“Naturally,” Baron had replied, “However, that also implies an even trust to a certain degree. If you reject our request outright, I cannot promise anything, now can I.”

Irryn had responded more in confusion than even he had, he wondered truly if their memories should return or if this was a gambled process that brought them here. Most is as good as all if a thing is done often enough. At least to the one doing to the taking. The threat as well as fresh and laid bare. They were here, and they were here to stay whether they joined what the Baron's masters were after or not. Memories or not. The Baron's initial reply was lost to this these simple musings.

Quinn sighed, “I shall explain momentarily, but it seems Sir Arthur has a comment first. Go ahead, sir.”

“If this Kingdom you face is too numerous for your leaders, why so few of us? Aye if we are to be great leaders, leaders of who? Great warriors, who stands with us? Are there armies? Banners to be called?”

Dha'tra found himself bowing his head in consent to the question as the Baron Quinn nodded appreciatively at it. It also spoke to his musings of the volume of the called and so the acceptable losses that surely must be included.

“How many others have gone through this ‘Genesis Process’? And how many would be enough?”

Only answers kept being interrupted as everyone seemed to want to sharpen the point one way or another of that question.

“The Jam agrees with the small man. Unfortunately, you have surrounded him with small women and pretty elf boys,” a finger was pointed at Arthur and showcased some more misunderstanding, “The Jam is a great warrior.”

Others it seemed simply wanted no point at all. Useful, familiar in some odd way. Perhaps the first trickle of a past at that, perhaps nothing at all. A scuffle of words broke out and he for one was for the time grateful for the tether of their cords. It kept the distance and shorter tempers on shorter leashes. He let all flow by with no reaction, he had not a stake nor an allegiance in that fight, better to wait and listen.

“I have to agree with…him,Ayira nodded toward Arthur, “If you’re having so much trouble, are you planning on bringing in more people? This isn’t enough.”

Ah, back to the point, although Jam had a bit more to jabber about. Mentioning a ghost. Odd, Dha'tra had not yet seen one of those amonst their number. Perhaps the thing had a better angle on one of the others that Dha'tra had not seen as of yet fully. He held his tether firmly as he watched the large one step the end of his cord, and then he held nothing at all.

One and all, though he held and pulled with something he did not have he could not keep it. He could not suckle from the strange process no longer and he yet was left bereft of past, of meaning. He wanted to wail and to cry and shoved his empty hands at the Baron! Was this right? Had he not said tonight his memories? Did they not need these until then?!?

“While I am enjoying this show of bravado, and I am sure well justified posturing, let me answer those questions and get a few things clear. I think you’ll all appreciate it.” the Baron stated. Calm and collected, either nothing was amiss or this was nothing new. The only betrayal of that calm was a tightening and release of his weapon, a thing none of them had. Positions clear he listened.

“I’ll shortly be giving you all a chance to show off exactly what you’ve got to give as a possible member of Genesis Gate, so rest assured there. However, don’t be surprised if you find perhaps you’re not quite as strong or fast as you remember. For those with magic, I’m sure you’ve already noticed it seems inaccessible. All part of the Genesis Process. Again, you’ve all been identified as people with amazing potential however, so you’ll regain what once was lost and more, here. That, I can guarantee. Still.”

Here he glanced at Jam, “I’m sure you’ll still possess a good measure of your basic strength and other foundational skills. Speed, endurance, dexterity, and such. But that’s all the next step, lets not get ahead of ourselves, hm?”

Here the Baron finally pointed out at Arthur and Ayira.

“Your questions. Good ones. Are there armies? Oh dear me, are there armies. Glorious ones too. For those of you who truly live for the battle, believe me, they’re a beautiful sight when they get going. So are we bringing in more? Absolutely, yes. But you are not the first to come here, ladies and gentlemen. Oh no, not even close. Not by a long shot. You are merely the first to be summoned as the elite. The ones the leadership wants to truly cultivate to greatness, because a great amount of soldiers and warriors are nice, but we need more who can truly go the distance, as it were.

“Leaders of who? In time, you’ll be high officers of the armies. Generals even. Or simply stick to elite soldiers or assassins, what have you, if you wish that instead. Of course The Council will give its orders of what it’d like to see based on your individual progresses as well, taking into account your own thoughts. Without high leaders, this whole thing would break down, would it not? Who knows, maybe some among us may eventually become a member of The Council. As for who stands with us? How large are these supposed armies I’ve mentioned?

“Forget hundreds or thousands, if that’s where your mind is taking you. Try millions upon millions. And the enemy even more still. We will be fighting over a distance you can scarce imagine, that’s all I can say. Again, this is the space that connects all spaces. Bigger than any one universe, it contains them all. And that’s exactly what we’re fighting for. You’ll understand when you get out there. So how many have gone through the Genesis Process?”

Quinn shook his head and couldn’t help but laugh for a moment, “I couldn’t even begin to fathom a guess, truth be told! Normally we’re constantly pulling new recruits, but have slowed for a moment so we can take more time with you, as you all are truly invaluable. It’s only proper."

The Baron motioned toward the white pool-like substance behind them all, where those who might not have realized their disappeared tethers now certainly would notice.

“That mass right there is the Genesis Gate we named ourselves after. You were all pulled through there from where you all came from. The same place, yet disconnected from one another. You see, among the various places of the Omniverse, certain things seem to hold true everywhere. And they can create special places, planes if you will, between the various realms. What is one thing that nearly everyone does?

His eyes gave a look that was both stern, yet apologetic almost for those who may have trouble with this revelation.

“Your life before is a lie because of that. You are…no, were, simply creations of the dreams of others. Perhaps there is another you out there and you were them starring in their own dreams. Or maybe you were simply created as a fictional character within, that particular truth doesn’t matter. In the end, you were a conceptual being. An abstract thing, really. When your memories return of your dream world, that you naturally thought as real then, you will find one thing immediately as I’ve heard from those who came from the Plane of Dreams before you all. Sensations are sharper, stronger, more vivid, more real here, once you begin to compare them. By summoning you here to Shadow’s Reach in the Omniverse, you have finally been given a true physical form and mind. Those umbilical cords, as I called them, were more than just base symbology. Congratulations everyone! You have literally just been born.”

Baron Quinn gave a grin and a few sharp claps that echoed throughout the chamber, while this sudden lurch of information reverberated throughout the room and their souls. Interesting.

“Through it, you will finally gain real experiences of a sort that are unparalleled anywhere else. And lay claim to that which everyone craves whether they know it or not. Identity.”

Standing to his full height once more he clasped his hands in front of himself. Letting the notion sink in. For some reason he felt like this was not the first. Like it was familiar or beginning again. It was an odd notion, but if believed the Baron was, he would know better by this night.

Charjra was the first to speak up and smiled, "Truly, a most excellent epigram."

The man with the red hair and also long ears was the next. “You claim our Magics will return in due time, Baron…. Should this saying prove truthful, and indeed Magic does return, only then will I be able to confirm you claims, at least to some degree; but as you said, we’ve only just met.”

Third was the pretty lady with silver hair. She looked panicked as she tried to soak in the information. “Oh gods. I don’t know who I am.” A sad showing if self was ever contained fully in the past. Lost or strived for he still wanted his lies, and could feel a small notion of simpathy to this one. Hopefully her own lies would help her cope tonight.

And then Jam's booming voice echoed through the chamber, "OF COURSE... SO THE JAM WAS SO POWERFUL THAT WEAKER BEINGS DREAMED OF HIM. THE JAM IS LITERALLY WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF! IF THE SMALL BARON WANTS JAM TO SAVE ALL OF YOU, THE JAM WILL REQUIRE WEAPONS. LOTS OF WEAPONS."

"Clean armor." he simply stated looked at his own gauntlets as he shook his robed head. A pair of words merely truly for himself as he turned his hand over. "Whether by lies or truths we breath and live by your Master's hands. Whether born this day for the first time or merely for the last. We owe fealty for that life that we might own it and respect that gift in some way as that is what you have asked in kind. Can any give less?" Turning he looked at the others before bringing his hands together again and bowing his cloaked head to the Baron.

@Ktala @greyjedi125 @Darth_Elu , @darthhelinith @galactic-vagabond422 @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @HanSolo29 @Master Vo'Un'Var

12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Baron Quinn IC:

Watching them all grapple with the recent revelation he had delivered was fascinating. As always, there were different reactions, but there were one or two predominant ones. Complete shock followed by the beginnings of pure existential crisis (if left alone) or simple disbelief. Near defiance even, at least to an extent.

“Truly, a most excellent epigram.”

That was the dark elf, Charjra. Said while examining her own hands, a common reaction as well. Taking in her body as if for the first time. The woman then smiled a fairly mysterious smile. It was rather alluring in its own way, but the Baron tore his gaze away to gauge the others.

After another moment, Valynor locked his own gaze with him. Before any further words were spoken, Quinn could tell exactly where this one lay on the spectrum. It was all there in his eyes and posture.

“You claim our Magics will return in due time, Baron…Should this saying prove truthful, and indeed Magic does return, only then will I be able to confirm you claims, at least to some degree; but as you said, we’ve only just met.”

The Baron nodded his head acceptingly. “Why, of course. Then I won’t worry and simply let time reveal the truth to you. In the meantime, I hope you won’t reject me completely out of hand.”

“Oh gods.”

That was the tinge of panic he had expected from at least one of them. Quinn turned his head to find the source and came to find himself looking at silver-haired Irryn.

“I don’t know who I am.”

Understandable though it was, looks like he’d have to handle that one quickly before it got out of hand. However, as he made his way towards the woman to respond, it was the orc who interrupted. Something he seemed particularly good at doing.

A smirk followed by an even deeper laugh than before. “Of course…So The Jam was so powerful that weaker beings dreamed of him. The Jam is literally what dreams are made of!”

Well. That was certainly one way of taking the news. Quinn wasn’t entirely sure if the orc was simply dense or just that arrogant to immediately gravitate to that explanation of the phenomena. Perhaps a mixture of the two?

“If the small Baron wants Jam to save all of you, The Jam will require weapons. Lots of weapons.”

“Soon,” Quinn stated as he continued to move toward an absorbed Irryn, “Soon. Don’t you worry about that.”

As much as he looked forward to what the man could do in the future, he admitted mentally to anticipating the moment when he ran into the wall that forced him to realize who was actually the ‘small’ one around the city. There were those unlike him, who simply couldn’t tolerate being belittled. Intentionally or not.

And even he barely did so. It was too important for him to simply fly off the handle over something so trivial. Maybe the time would come, maybe.

With that over with, he placed a hand reassuringly on Irryn and glanced over to see a crestfallen knight of a man in Arthur MacDonald. He was being quiet on the matter, but his mood was clearly taking a similar turn as the woman he was standing before. He decided to speak to both of them at once.

“You are you,” he declared simply, “No matter how you came about, your thoughts and emotions are still your own. You’re here now, aren’t you? If you are truly worried, then now is the time to grab life by the horns and make the full of it. It all, quite literally, begins from here. And I’m happy to be here to help, if you need it.”

There were times to be rough with a colt, make ‘em learn the hard way and grow from their mistakes or objective truths. That could be construed as the revelations he gave, but at this very moment? This was when you needed to sometimes take a more empathetic approach. A guiding hand and a gentle push, it’s all it took.

In short. This was how one leads.

A quick glance at the nearby Ayira showed she was having her own silent thoughts on the matter, but whatever issues she may have had, it looked as if she was starting to come to terms quickly with them. Pressing on. You could tell from her expression and stance. Those folded arms of hers, the refocused eyes.

Without needing to worry about that one, he looked over the group again. A few were quiet enough he couldn’t determine how to react to just yet, but he had a whole group to look after and a schedule to keep, so he could only give so much time.

“Clean armor.”

The basic statement caught his attention. It was the wraith-like being that had spoken, the voice giving it away. The Baron watched and listened closely.

“Whether by lies or truths we breath and live by your Master’s hands. Whether born this day for the first time or merely for the last. We owe fealty for that life that we might own it and respect that gift in some way as that is what you have asked in kind. Can any give less?”

This was followed by a communal glance around at his fellows and then a formal bowing of the head toward him. The gleam in Quinn’s eyes spoke of his immense approval.

“You understand your situation well, Jo’Sua. Genesis Gate will be honored to have you among our ranks. As for armor, it shall be tended to in short order. Coming through from the Plane of Dreams leaves everyone's armor and clothing of poor quality for some reason, even if they look magnificent. We'll mend that problem soon enough.”

Moving back to a central spot for everyone’s sight and hearing again, he motioned toward the group’s left.

“When you are all ready, I would very much like to take you to the next area so we can have you undergo a few evaluations. Simple ones, the most basic you can get really. But it’s all just so we can get a good idea of each of you. After that, we’ll allow a short meal and have you escorted to your respective quarters where you can dwell on whether or not to join us and just plain process the day's events. Your stamina won't last much longer than that on your first day, starting tomorrow you should be more in tune with your body.”

Quinn looked at them all, pausing a few seconds on each. “Is there anything else anyone would like to bring up before we move on?”

Tag: Everyone @Ktala @greyjedi125 @darthhelinith @The Jedi in the Pumas @galactic-vagabond422 @spacelady @Mitth_Fisto @Master Vo'Un'Var @HanSolo29

Ktala, greyjedi125, spacelady and 3 others like this.
  13. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Grimble Crumble
    Shadow's Reach

Well, well, what a predicament, thought Mr. Crumble. His whole life, the thousands upon millions of years he had spent in the peace of his homeland, was merely reduced to someone's dream? His old age had now been reduced to a mere ten minutes. Mr. Crumble shook his head, and sunk to his knees.

"No... no... that's not true! That's impossible!" Implored Mr. Crumble to the man, falling completely to the ground so his forehead kissed the cold floor.

"I-I'll never be able to taste at the annual chutney competition ever again!" he sobbed into the floor. "Why would you pick me? A humble gnome from his home, compared to the Jam? Why not two Jam thingies? Why me?!" he begged in disbelief.

"I would rather live in one's dream in blissful ignorance, where all was normal and fresh, rather than be alive in this cold dump!" he cried, before standing again and rubbing his eyes.

"I will not 'grab life by the horns', sir! I demand to return home! This must be some propaganda ploy to make us give up our old lives! Take me back!" he demanded, stomping a small foot onto the ground, making a small thud.

Tag: all @Ktala @greyjedi125 @darthhelinith @The Jedi in the Pumas @galactic-vagabond422 @spacelady @Mitth_Fisto @Darth_Elu @HanSolo29

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    spacelady, Ktala, greyjedi125 and 3 others like this.
  14. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    THE JAM
    Shadow's Reach

Food....

Yes, that was what Jam needed. A feast to celebrate his arrival.

How fitting.

Ohhh yea...The Jam could feel it. The feast before a battle. The pretty elf woman. A gnome snackable. A human male punching bag, no doubt brought here to test Jam's strength.

Speaking of tests...

(Though no one was speaking of tests. Not really.)

"SMALL BARON, THE JAM SAYS...BRING ON YOUR TESTS. THE JAM SHIES AWAY FROM NO CHALLENGE. THEN...OH YES. THEN THE JAM WILL HAVE HIS FEAST. THEN THE JAM WILL REST!"

Having just repeated back generally what the Baron said, Jam put his hands on his hips. Satisfied that he was leading the pack.

Tag: All​

spacelady, Ktala, Darth_Elu and 3 others like this.
  15. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Arthur MacDonald

“You are you,” he declared simply, “No matter how you came about, your thoughts and emotions are still your own. You’re here now, aren’t you? If you are truly worried, then now is the time to grab life by the horns and make the full of it. It all, quite literally, begins from here. And I’m happy to be here to help, if you need it.”

Arthur took a moment to try and absorb the information coming at him. There was still that uncertainty that swimming feeling in his head. He had to find something to hold onto or he would just fade away. He could not go back, he couldn't undo his 'birth' for lack of a better term. There was no going back so he might as well move forward. He could feel something there, something deep in his mind or muscles. Was this training or just what was written into him? Did it really matter any more?

There was a war to fight, an enemy to be faced and defeated. It wasn't much, it wasn't really anything, but at least it was something. It was something to hold onto.

With a nod of his head he walked on giving a slight smile to Jam as the boisterous warrior went on about a feast. The knight, that word felt right to him, kept moving on, though he couldn't help but feel a little loss, like there was something he'd lost twice now.

TAG: @Ktala @greyjedi125 @darthhelinith @The Jedi in the Pumas @Master Vo'Un'Var @spacelady @Mitth_Fisto @Darth_Elu @HanSolo29

16. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Apologies for the iffy post. It's been a few days... [face_beatup]

IC as Ayira

Quinn mentioned evaluations, and then food and rest. Ayira narrowed her eyes slightly at that. So... they were all summoned here since supposedly, they were all great warriors, or people of great impact somehow, severed from their previous lives (even if apparently not real to begin with), only to have to undergo tests? What would these tests mean? He said they would be simple and only to get ideas of who they really were. Yet still, she didn't much like that idea... but she would play along for now. And now that she thought on it, her body did feel extremely worn and fatigued. Food and rest were exactly what she needed.

“Is there anything else anyone would like to bring up before we move on?”

Before she could respond, the little gnome... man...? suddenly fell into despair about the whole situation. She watched him fall to his knees and plead with Quinn to let him return home. With a brief glance back at that strange pool for confirmation all of their cords had disappeared, she had a feeling there really was no way of returning to what they thought was their home. Perhaps they really did mean to summon this one, or perhaps it was a mistake. Either way, they would find out in due time.

And... leave it to Jam to bring the attention back to himself. She eyed him for a moment and decided she was curious to see just how skilled he was in combat. But that would have to wait. She brought her focus back to Quinn and although she kept quiet, the look of determination was enough of her agreement to following along.

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Genesis Gate, Shadow’s Reach

A long exhausted sigh escaped the elf’s lips. He wished he could agree with the wraith, Jo’Sua, but he simply could not. That would be too easy. Principles needed to be proven and tested and he could only do so with magic, which he had no access to at present.

He felt tired and hungry. All that remained to do was rest and wait. That much he was willing to do, even if it meant following this enigmatic and eloquent stranger, Baron Quinn.

Anything to get away from that blustering orc. He thought with passing annoyance. It was taking all his will power to ignore the muscled giant.

Looking about, Valynor found himself sympathizing with the silver haired beauty, but understood that she needed to find her inner strength to deal with her existential quandary. Still, he would keep an eye on her, just in case she would need guidance.

The little gnome however, seemed to be having a total meltdown all together for some reason. Valynor wasn’t sure how to feel about that. Casually he looked to the Baron, just to gauge his reaction. Was this an expected effect of the Genesis Process?

Perhaps Mr.Crumble just needed some food and rest like everyone else.

But before anyone could rest or eat, there would be some evaluations, as per the Baron.

Another sigh escaped the young elf. Were they intending to evaluate his magic potential while in this sorry state? What a perfectly scandalous proposition! Well, it couldn’t be helped from the sound of it.

Without further delay, the good Baron verbally nudged the group. It was time to move on. Valynor couldn’t agree more. To that point, the elf moved up the queue and joined the ones that seemed most likely to proceed to the next phase of their arrival.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Ktala, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @darthhelinith, @spacelady, @galactic-vagabond422, @Mitth_Fisto, @HanSolo29, @Master Vo'Un'Var

18. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Irryn

The Baron came and placed a hand on Irryn's shoulder.

She sighed softly and gripped it appreciatively, briefly, finding a strength of will that she had not expected rise from herself. Even as she did so, the miniature dwarf collapsed in hysterics and a wave of compassion overtook her. Besides the names of her friends, she could remember very little of her dream life and had next to nothing to mourn. But he clearly clutched to happy memories, ones that he could not easily give up. She took a hesitant step towards the small figure, unsure if she should or could comfort him. Before she could make her mind up about what to do, he rose again, stomping his foot and demanded to be released. She smiled to herself and let him be.

“When you are all ready, I would very much like to take you to the next area so we can have you undergo a few evaluations. Simple ones, the most basic you can get really. But it’s all just so we can get a good idea of each of you.”

Here Irryn's mind hit another irritating blank. These evaluations, in the context of a war, sounded like she would have to fight. The trouble was, she couldn’t remember how, although she was sure she had done so in the past, in the dreamworld. Hopefully she would soon remember, if not... well she was about to look like a right fool.

Quinn looked at them all, pausing a few seconds on each. “Is there anything else anyone would like to bring up before we move on?”

She opened her mouth and then closed it again, deciding to keep her thoughts to herself, for now.

Tag: @Ktala @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422 @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @HanSolo29 @Master Vo'Un'Var @Darth_Elu

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    The City of Shadow's Reach

The gleam in Quinn’s eyes spoke of his immense approval.

“You understand your situation well, Jo’Sua. Genesis Gate will be honored to have you among our ranks. As for armor, it shall be tended to in short order. Coming through from the Plane of Dreams leaves everyone's armor and clothing of poor quality for some reason, even if they look magnificent. We'll mend that problem soon enough.”

His words were misconstrued, but he felt no ire at such a simple thing. He had learned from the misunderstanding in more ways than one. He had meant it as common tongue might state having their records erased or tabs cleared. He neither owed nor was owed for today he was born, he had clean armor no matter what memories may come with the impending night, for good or for ill he was beyond the checkered or clean past and wholly had himself to make of the new CLEAN armor. Moving back to a central spot for everyone’s sight and hearing again, the Baron motioned toward the group’s left.

“When you are all ready, I would very much like to take you to the next area so we can have you undergo a few evaluations. Simple ones, the most basic you can get really. But it’s all just so we can get a good idea of each of you. After that, we’ll allow a short meal and have you escorted to your respective quarters where you can dwell on whether or not to join us and just plain process the day's events. Your stamina won't last much longer than that on your first day, starting tomorrow you should be more in tune with your body.”

Others of course had things to say, the need to be heard. He heard them. The small one was vocal and spoke as one that already remembered, a fluke that could? For no other reason that one had just volunteered to be studied if the Baron was sincere in their desire to quicken the process of them remembering their pasts. Still he ignored it largely and moved forward step toward the way indicated to show his own consent. He did not know what he could do, and even if he did according to the Baron he would not be what he remembered. Best to find out what he could before food and rest. Though neither truly appealed to him, oddly as he felt they should.

Tag: Everyone @Ktala @greyjedi125 @darthhelinith @The Jedi in the Pumas @galactic-vagabond422 @spacelady
    @Darth_Elu , @Master Vo'Un'Var @HanSolo29

:redsaber:

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Charjra Myt'tar
    Shadow’s Reach, Genesis Gate

It was indeed of interest to watch how each being reacted to the news of being born. Some, like THE Jam did not care. Others seemed in shock. And the small creature wanted to go back, very unhappy with the current turn of events. She felt sorry for him in a way. But she was more focused on the possibilities being presented to them. She focused on the last statement by the Baron.

Charjra looked back at the pool for a moment, before she turned back to face the Baron. She took a few steps forward. "Surprisingly, within this moment, I agree with the Jam. Bring on these tests, so that we may discover more of ourselves. And then food to gather our thoughts and build our stamina, so that we may further gage the tasks placed before us."

She gave a slight nod of her head.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @darthhelinith @galactic-vagabond422 @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @HanSolo29 @Master Vo'Un'Var, @Darth_Elu

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: If you wish an even better visual of the room and their dimensions...in other words, a map, you may now head for the Omniversal Library in the RPR which will be going up shortly. :)

Baron Quinn IC:

The very first to react after his question, hoping to lead them to the next phase of their ‘orientation,’ was Grimble. And the reaction he gave was one that he hadn’t expected. From what he had gathered from others, he wasn’t the first to react this way. He was in a minority, but it did happen. The Baron had been warned of the possibility, but he was forced to admit to himself now that he had mostly waved such a suggestion off. Perhaps with the normal recruits, but not the dreamer elite!

Here the truth stared at him whether he wanted to accept it or not. This statement was also just as objectively true in the reverse for the poor, wayward gnome.

The weakness of it all galled at him. The display was pathetic, truth be told, but it had to be tolerated. No matter how this Mr. Crumble came to be identified and recruited, he was here all the same. Which meant there was potential there. They needed to unearth it. The most surprising thing was the fact that a decent amount of memories were already surfacing, but that too had been told to the Baron. It was quite rare, but sometimes a recruit held onto partial memory recollection. Not all, but far more than others.

Possible progress in fixing that little glitch in the genesis process? Something to be seen, if it could be expanded upon.

In any event, internal investigations could be launched later if need be.

“No…no…that’s not true! That’s impossible!”

Quinn just watched silently.

“I-I’ll never be able to taste at the annual chutney competition ever again! Why would you pick me? A humble gnome from his home, compared to the Jam? Why not two Jam thingies? Why me?!”

Why indeed? He might have cut in at this moment, but Grimble wasn’t done just yet.

“I would rather live in one’s dream in blissful ignorance, where all was normal and fresh, rather than be alive in this cold dump! I will not ‘grab life by the horns’, sir! I demand to return home! This must be some propaganda ploy to make us give up our old lives! Take me back!”

A hint of defiance at the end. Maybe a small spark to be worked on after all? Who knows, who knows. The Baron sighed, rubbed the temple of his head, and replied.

“Hmm. I’m afraid I can’t quite answer as to your exact identifier. I was not in charge of that myself, but I trust the one that heads that.”

He straightened here and looked at the gnome, with a rather hard expression on his face. The defiance, which was nice to see, would have no effect on him nonetheless.

“Of course you prefer your old life to the current one, right now, Mr. Crumble. But that is only because you’ve yet to actually see what we have to offer, now have you? You don’t honestly think this stone room is all there is to this city, do you? I sure hope not.”

Here he marched right up to the small man, towering over him like a mountain.

“You wish to go back? I’m afraid there’s only one way, as of now. Help us and you will see the Omniverse. Out there, the land you dreamed of is likely existing in reality. Or even one better, who knows.”

He crouched down to stare back at him, eye to eye. The Baron’s eyes drilled into him as implacably as any stone goliath.

“Find it. Get home. Prove to us and yourself you deserve to sample the annual chutney competitions you crave. Do that and you will feel rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. Of that, I guarantee. You help us, we provide transportation through the Omniverse, together we get you home. But all on your own determination and strength.”

The Baron stood up again, eyes still boring down on him. “Stature isn’t everything, right? Show us.”

With that he turned to let the gnome seep in his own thoughts, taking in his words. It was time to see how the others were reacting. If they had any further questions. The way it was appearing…they did not.

Dusty remained quiet still for the time being, that was fine. He was still here and that was the important thing.

The orc, naturally, was the one to lead the way with his boisterous approval.

“Small Baron, The Jam says…bring on your tests! The Jam shies away from no challenge. Then…Oh yes. Then The Jam will have his feast. Then The Jam will rest!”

Jam had essentially repeated back to him everything he had said. That was about as agreeable as you could get. Quinn smiled widely and nodded to him.

“Good! That is what we want to see, Jam!”

The Baron’s eyes slid away for a moment, to gauge the others and he noticed Arthur nodding back to him. Acceptance and determination was etched onto his features. Ayira had a similar look. Excellent.

A sigh, a second one now that he thought of it, appeared. His eyes darted about a moment to locate their source. Ah. The elf. Valynor. He had already stated his suspicions, but it was clear he would go along with everything for now. Really, he had no choice.

Quinn only looked at him long enough for now to make sure he seemed like he wouldn’t give off any further defiance or melt down like Grimble. Noting that didn’t appear the case, he moved on in checking the others from where he stood.

Irryn looked worried, but grimly accepting as well. She had appeared a little bolstered by his comforting words a moment previous. It would have to do as well. Their minds may not remember certain things, but their bodies and spirit most certainly would.

Jo’Sua seemed to also be quietly keeping his own counsel right then, but otherwise showed eagerness to press on like some of the others. The Baron nodded at him again. This was good.

Now Charjra stepped forward. He gave her his full attention.

“Surprisingly, within this moment, I agree with the Jam. Bring on these tests, so that we may discover more of ourselves. And then food to gather our thoughts and build our stamina, so that we may further gauge the tasks placed before us.”

Quinn chuckled and returned the slight nod she gave. That was that, everyone was ready. Grimble possibly being the only notable exception, but he’d have to get a move on and sweep them along anyway. The small one would have no choice but to tag along.

It was time for the next phase!

Taking the lead of the group once more, he motioned for them all to follow behind him.

“Hmm. Then let us proceed, shall we.”

His boots once more rapped on the floor, their own footsteps now heard as well for the first time as they came behind him. An echo persisted in this room where the so-called Genesis Gate continued to simply exist in its magical white vapor-like state, indifferent to all else around it.

Moving past the pillar they came into the next section of the three-part chamber, mostly open and unused. There was more of the Genesis Gate vapor portal in the back, but it seemed not to be needed in their case.

The Baron kept moving across the room to the right corner where a door awaited. Not far from the door, to its left, was a round ornate table made of pure silver. Not large, but still of decent size. Expertly crafted and very much contrasting with the dullness of its surroundings. On it was a large tray of flute glasses that held some kind of pastel yellow liquid. Here Quinn paused, as if nearly forgetting, but noticing at the last moment.

“If any of you still feel a little low on energy, these potions will restore your lost vitality and vigor. We want to see you at your peak performance during the tests, after all. Nor do I imagine any of you liking that sluggish feeling if indeed it does persist.”

Quinn allowed any who wished to take the glasses to do so, only further adding: “From what I understand, they taste like lemonade.”

When done and the glasses returned to the tray, he would nod and turn to swing open the door, moving through at his normal brisk pace. It would take only seconds for the potions to take effect, just as described.

They progressed into a ten foot wide corridor and kept moving. There was immediately another door to their left, but evidently it was not important to them right then as the Baron swept past it without the slightest glance. The corridor bent to the diagonal left for a moment before straightening again. Off to their right they would pass by the silver doors of a lift, or elevator. Something this group would largely not recognize, judging by their dream worlds’ evident makeup.

Another large door would be on their left and with his present speed and purpose, the Baron meant to move right along….

Except it swung open first and he had to come to a halt, a frown on his face. It disappeared at the sight of the one coming out. Instead he settled into a grin.

“Ah! Red! What are you doing here?”

[​IMG]

The thing seemed to float just ever so faintly above the ground and what appeared to be its head, starting from the black round…discs?…turned to face them. Its protruding, glowing, yellow eye stared at them all. It went down and then back up once as if taking the sight in completely.

And then it spoke in a staccato voice, sounding like nothing they had ever heard. Dream or not.

“Baron — Quinn. I have—been looking for — you.”

“Hmm. You already have a report ready for me?” The Baron smiled, “Efficient. I’m impressed as usual, Red.”

Even with its strange voice, its distaste could clearly be gleaned as it replied. “A Dalek does not — need to report — to you! I am merely — passing along compiled — information, as requested by — the Supreme Dalek!”

Quinn held up a hand as if in a half-shrug and did a small mock bow, likely annoying the crimson Dalek further.

“Of course. Thank you, Red. However,” he turned to glance at those assembled behind him before turning back to the one ahead of him, “Send it to me remotely or wait a few hours. I’ve already begun the orientation.

There was a moderate pause as the Dalek seemed to take this in and consider the situation at hand. Obviously it had intended to ignore whatever Quinn had planned otherwise and simply hand him the report (or “compiled information”) whether he wanted it then or not. But ‘the orientation’ seemed to strike a chord, making it back up slowly.

“I see. It seems — I am not at a good — time. I shall send it — remotely, as suggested. The — Supreme Dalek wishes — to know if you have — any further requests.”

“Not at this time,” Quinn replied. Slight annoyance was starting to creep in, but he did his best not to show it.

With this, the thing completely turned around and quickly glided down the corridor; the door at the other end simply whisking open to the side, and passing through without any further talk.

Scratching his head, the Baron murmured to himself and shut the door the Dalek had opened. If any had peered inside, they would have notice what would have appeared to be a rarely used meeting room.

“Sorry about that. A subordinate of mine…hard to deal with that one. Couldn’t ask for a better or worse one than him. At any rate, let us move on. We have a schedule to keep.”

They continued down the corridor, seemingly following after ‘Red,’ passing both a bronze suit of armor to their right and another door leading to another unknown room to their left. The door ahead slid open to the side, just as they had seen it done for the Dalek a minute before.

Passing through the door put them in a larger space. A much noisier space. The area seemed vacated of others at the moment, but clearly they were on a stone street now. Three more large pillars lay ahead, another street seemed to lead off to their left where most of the noise was coming from.

The noise was that of any city. Any who might have once been in such a setting in their past, while not remembering, would instinctively feel right at home. Those who didn’t might be a little put off, but potentially curious.

Above them was the orange and yellow colored evening sky, one that for any who had magical backgrounds in their dream lives would instantly recognize as being magical in nature. Was it a magic they knew? Impossible to say, but instinct drove them to make the connection. Otherwise it would seem as real as any other sky.

A seemingly large building, almost like a round temple in architectural style was to their immediate right, they could just barely make out numerous domes up top around the edges of the roof. The evening light glinted beautifully off of them. Its height was impressive at a good six stories.

The Baron had paused here for a moment, knowing full well the effect. But it was only for a few moments, then he pressed on and expected them to follow without getting too caught up. He moved ahead going to the right of the pillars, each distanced about twenty to thirty feet from each other. Maneuvering them around the perimeter of the temple structure, he came to the front of it. Six more pillars seemed to be lined about thirty feet from it, thirty feet in between each with the exception of the middle two where it seemed more like sixty feet.

Going between those pillars would lead down another street where other buildings and people could be spied operating as any normal person would. Already they would notice differing genders, ages, and species among them. But for now, they were not the aim of their march. Neither was the street that continued to wrap around the temple. No.

Baron Quinn turned them to face the temple building itself. Its full size was on display. Its mostly rounded shape being six stories high and roughly three hundred and fifty feet in diameter. Also on display was its double door entrance. Both doors of solid gold and thick steel frames, whose shine rivaled each other. Standing before them were two guards.

The appearance of which just might take them aback.

[​IMG]

Steel from head to toe, glowing red eyes, and menacing weapons in their hands of some type that few of them would recognize. Yet the lethal black rifles glinted just as warningly as their eyes. Their whole visage clearly denoted figures not to be messed with.

The Baron seemed not to even notice. He just plowed forward without a care and they parted for him and the following group in sheer, eerie silence after knocking backwards on the gold doors the moment he approached.

The doors parted as well and Quinn strolled through them and into the magnificently giant chamber within. A long raised dais dominated the center, with a gigantic gold statue of some symbolic king, Warhammer in hand. Four similarly massive columns stood at equal points in the chamber, simulating the corners and keeping the structure secure. Ringed around the edges were smaller dais’ that might have once held statues that were, for one reason or another, removed at an earlier date. The ceiling was one flawless fresco depicting the night sky, subtle depictions of dragons could be seen dotted here or there, and there were two outstretched hands reaching for each other on either end of the exquisite artwork. It must have taken a long time do, with palpable financial backing mixed with clear appreciation of the fine arts.

Quinn marched up the steps to meet with a few other individuals of seemingly high importance, before turning to signal them all to stop before the steps near the center of the chamber.

“Welcome to the Evaluation Chamber, ladies and gentlemen. Go ahead and relax just a moment longer, while I discuss a few final details with my colleagues here. In just a moment, I will splitting you up into seven teams to take part in the seven tests we will be having you undergo, rotating between them.”

With that he turned to face the six other people on the dais with him. Including Quinn, there were six men and one woman among them, speaking in quieter yet brisk tones. Each was very notable in their own way, possessing an aura all their own, much like the Baron. Four of the men would possess extremely potent auras, far surpassing Quinn for those in tune with such things. But more on them in a bit.

Around them were seven clearly made ‘stations’ for their imminent assessments.

On a small round table not far from one of the giant pillars to their right would be a few odd square objects placed upon it. Electronics of some kind, not that it was likely many of this group would recognize them.

Similarly, by the giant pillar to their left would be five colored mats about seven feet long set on the floor all next to each other, ready for who knows what.

Also to their left, between two of the giant pillars, were five more small individual tables each with a single chair before them. A pile of…something…was on each table, waiting for them.

Past that and not far from the left most wall were five thinner pillars that were only about ten feet tall set in a line. They had clearly been set there and not part of the original architectural plan, so it was a station of some sort.

Opposite of all this, to the right, close to that wall was a series of twelve different weights. Clearly a strength evaluation was to be held in that area when they got started.

For those who were particularly perceptive, in the far upper right corner, beyond the giant pillar in that direction was a circular ranged target, or boss for those who knew their archery terms, sitting in wait. Looks like anyone with experience with a bow might get to demonstrate their skill shortly.

For now, they could simply wait for Baron Quinn and the others to finish their conversation and take it all in. The wait for the tests was just about over.

Tag: Everyone @Master Vo'Un'Var @The Jedi in the Pumas @galactic-vagabond422 @spacelady @greyjedi125 @darthhelinith @Mitth_Fisto @Ktala @HanSolo29

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Charjra Myt'tar
    One heck of a tour

Quinn chuckled and returned the slight nod as she had done. “Hmm. Then let us proceed, shall we.” With that said, the man began to walk. Charjra was moving swiftly behind him, her eyes darting about as she looked at the areas they passed. Every room looked more decadent than the next.

The Baron kept moving across the room to the right corner where a door awaited. Not far from the door, to its left, was a round ornate table made of pure silver. On it was a large tray of flute glasses that held some kind of pastel yellow liquid. Here Quinn paused as if nearly forgetting, but noticing at the last moment.

“If any of you still feel a little low on energy, these potions will restore your lost vitality and vigor. We want to see you at your peak performance during the tests, after all. Nor do I imagine any of you liking that sluggish feeling if indeed it does persist.” Quinn allowed any who wished to take the glasses to do so, only further adding: “From what I understand, they taste like lemonade.”

Charjra did not know what lemonade was, but she imagined that the Baron would not give them anything that tasted horrible. And he certainly did not have a reason to hurt them now. And if it did give a boost to the body and mind, then she would not allow herself to miss out on such a thing. She gently sniffed the liquid, and it held a pleasing scent. She took a taste and found the liquid light and refreshing. With a smile, she quickly downed its contents, and gently placed the glass back down on the table.

The Baron gave a nod and turn to swing open the door, moving through at his normal brisk pace. It would take only seconds for the potions to take effect, and this time CHarjra had no problem keeping up with the Baron's quick pace. They passed strange doors of gold and silver, of a type they had never seen before. Another large door would be on their left and with his present speed and purpose, the Baron meant to move right along….

Except it swung open first and he had to come to a halt, a frown on his face. It disappeared at the sight of the one coming out. Instead, he settled into a grin.

“Ah! Red! What are you doing here?”

Charjra took a step back as she looked at the strange - creature? Id did not look like any living creature she had seen. It floated backward a bit, as it seemed to look at them all. Floated? A cone-shaped body, red in color, with strange knobs on it. On top, no face but a strange thing that lit up, and moved about. An eyestalk perhaps? And then it spoke, and it sounded like nothing she had ever heard before.

“Hmm. You already have a report ready for me?” The Baron smiled, “Efficient. I’m impressed as usual, Red.”

It then held a discussion with the Baron. It seemed it wanted to give him its report immediately. But once the Baron mentioned the word orientation, the thing backed up, changed its tune, and decided it would send its report later. And the Baron didn't seem happy about the interruption. Charjra stayed silent as the thing disappeared into another room and was gone. Scratching his head, the Baron murmured to himself and shut the door the Dalek had opened. They kept walking, as he talked about some schedule to keep. Strange doors that slid open sideways opened a closed in front of them. Passing through the door put them in a larger space. A much noisier space. The area seemed vacated of others at the moment, but clearly they were on a stone street now. Charjra's head peered from one side to the other, noting the sudden change of setting. A city perhaps? But much more developed than ones she felt she was used too. It didnt feel right to her. That was until she looked up.

Above them was the orange and yellow colored evening sky, and the whispers of magic touched her. Charjra paused as she stared at the evening sky. Slowly, she stretched out a hand towards it, and closed her eyes for a moment. Yes. She knew this. She felt it down to her soul. She opened her eyes and sighed. She knew this was a part of her. The connection was strong. She would be happy when she would be able to make a true connection once more. There was no doubt about it. As she noted the large building to their right, she noticed that the Baron had paused the group.

Luckily, her dark skin hid any bush she might have had held, but she didn't care. She knew what she felt. Luckily, the Baron started moving once more. The temple looking building seemed to have pillars all around. Going between those pillars would lead down another street where other buildings and people could be spied operating as any normal person would. Already they would notice differing genders, ages, and species among them. But for now, they were not the aim of their march. While Charjra was appreciating the tour, she was beginning to wonder the point of such a display so early on. She wanted to get to the heart of things. Baron Quinn turned them to face the temple building itself. Its full size was on display. Its mostly rounded shape being six stories high and roughly three hundred and fifty feet in diameter. Also on display was its double door entrance. Both doors of solid gold and thick steel frames, whose shine rivaled each other. Standing before them were two guards.

If the red thing was curious, these creatures were downright demonic. They liked as if someone had ripped the skeletons from some poor creature, dipped them in a vat of metal, and then enhanced them with demonic powers which made their eyes glow a deep red. Truly horrifying! And the pair held strange weapons. If they were not with the Baron, Charjra could only guess at the damage they could do. They were certainly frightening.

The Baron seemed not to even notice. He just plowed forward without a care and they parted for him and the following group in sheer, eerie silence after knocking backward on the gold doors the moment he approached. The doors parted as well and Quinn strolled through them and into the magnificently giant chamber within. A long raised dais dominated the center, with a gigantic gold statue of some symbolic king, Warhammer in hand. Four similarly massive columns stood at equal points in the chamber, simulating the corners and keeping the structure secure. Ringed around the edges were smaller dais’ that might have once held statues that were, for one reason or another, removed at an earlier date. The ceiling was one flawless fresco depicting the night sky, subtle depictions of dragons could be seen dotted here or there, and there were two outstretched hands reaching for each other on either end of the exquisite artwork. Charjra would love to examine those statues. Obviously, they held some sort of significance. Her curiosity would have to be placated for now. FINALLY, Quinn signaled them to stop.

“Welcome to the Evaluation Chamber, ladies and gentlemen. Go ahead and relax just a moment longer, while I discuss a few final details with my colleagues here. In just a moment, I will splitting you up into seven teams to take part in the seven tests we will be having you undergo, rotating between them.”

With that, he turned to face the six other people on the dais with him. Charjra looked at the group. Only one woman? Well, while the Baron spoke to his people, Charjra looked around. There did indeed seem to be seven 'stations' for their assessments. Some she could take a guess at. Others, we far beyond her keen. Charjra gave a soft sigh, hoping that one of the tests had something to do with magic. She turned at looked at the others who were also here. The only one she knew anything about, was the one with the largest mouth, THE JAM followed by the strange smaller man who did not wish to be here, Grimble.

She looked towards several who looked similar to herself. Valynor A pale looking being who's ears also were as pointed as her own, so she stepped over towards him. "You are called Valynor, yes?" Charjra paused. "You seem to come from similar realms as myself. Did you discern anything as we progressed?" she asked the pale man. She wanted someone to confirm what she had felt.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @darthhelinith, @galactic-vagabond422, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @spacelady, @HanSolo29, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @Darth_Elu

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Moving Beyond the Gate, Into Shadow's Reach

A name was a gateway, no sooner was it given and something inside is conjured, associated, and colored by one's own prejudices and experiences. Only at this moment, he couldn't recall his and so endeavored as they moved forward to be tested to remain aloof / passive to whatever he would be exposed to after the light correction to the wee personage was completed. Instead of stepping forward to grand sweeping out they trickled forward to a corner, to a door, to a silver table laden with vibrant drinks. They seemed to shimmer off center as though he was seeing the edges of a doubling to all of them just as he did to the Baron and the others, to this point objects had been objects. Now there was some that were more and this caught his eye and seemed to stop the Baron as well.

“If any of you still feel a little low on energy, these potions will restore your lost vitality and vigor. We want to see you at your peak performance during the tests, after all. Nor do I imagine any of you liking that sluggish feeling if indeed it does persist.” Quinn allowed any who wished to take the glasses to do so, only further adding: “From what I understand, they taste like lemonade.”

The dark woman with the sharp wit stepped forward and took and so did he, in and then back away from the others as he turned to a wall to lift his helm enough to drink. He didn't know why he did it, he simply did. When done and the glasses returned to the tray, the Baron nodded and turned to swing open the door, moving through at his normal brisk pace. It would take only seconds for the potions to take effect, just as described.

An odd sensation if ever there truly was one, he felt more aware and a part of the world around him as though finally waking fully. He had speckles dripped on his armor front though he knew not how that had happened. He had poured into his mouth, cleanly he was certain. Still he did not dwell it as the moving group demanded his attention with the large and the small as they moved down a spacious corridor of the chosen door. He marked in new fresh memory the doors they passed, the ones that seemed normal or odd and then they were interrupted by a thing coming out of one.

“Ah! Red! What are you doing here?” was the Baron's reply. This thing was called it's color? New worlds indeed as this thing stopped moving and stayed mildly suspended. Some magics? The long stalk on top seemed to stop and scan them, only a single word came to his mind, Golem.

And then it spoke in a staccato voice, sounding like nothing they had ever heard. Dream or not.

Even with its strange voice, its distaste could clearly be gleaned as it replied. “A Dalek does not — need to report — to you! I am merely — passing along compiled — information, as requested by — the Supreme Dalek!”

Quinn held up a hand as if in a half-shrug and did a small mock bow, likely annoying the crimson Dalek further.

“Of course. Thank you, Red. However,” he turned to glance at those assembled behind him before turning back to the one ahead of him, “Send it to me remotely or wait a few hours. I’ve already begun the orientation.

There was a moderate pause as the Dalek seemed to take this in and consider the situation at hand. Obviously it had intended to ignore whatever Quinn had planned otherwise and simply hand him the report (or “compiled information”) whether he wanted it then or not. But ‘the orientation’ seemed to strike a chord, making it back up slowly.

“I see. It seems — I am not at a good — time. I shall send it — remotely, as suggested. The — Supreme Dalek wishes — to know if you have — any further requests.”

“Not at this time,” Quinn replied. With this, the golem style Dalek thing completely turned around and quickly glided down the corridor; the door at the other end simply whisking open to the side, and passing through without any further talk. Magic door triggers, sympathetic material influence, or remote matter controls? Hmm.

“Sorry about that. A subordinate of mine…hard to deal with that one. Couldn’t ask for a better or worse one than him. At any rate, let us move on. We have a schedule to keep.”

Quin thought of it as a subordinate, the Dalek did not in relation to him. More corridor, a bronze suit of armor, more doors. The door ahead slid open to the side, just as they had seen it done for the Dalek a minute before, so it was a magic trigger door. Impressive.

Passing through the door put them in a larger space. A much noisier space. The area seemed vacated of others at the moment, but clearly they were on a stone street now. Three more large pillars lay ahead, another street seemed to lead off to their left where most of the noise was coming from.

The noise was that of any city. Curious, he could learn so much by walking into that fair lane and discovering what it held, but he had tests to take, food to eat, and sleep to partake to return his memories however false they might be. Who knew how long this potion would last? Likely just long enough. Noticing the smart one looking up he followed her lead and was rewarded with a site to behold. An orange and yellow even' sky was thick and heavy with the magicks and splendor of a true thing. Whatever lies might be told in a dark sealed room, in a small way this sky made them worth enduring that hard birth, for in some misspent truth he felt like he was looking at his Mother's face at last. He breathed deep hoping for her scent and arms spread wide with hands open to the sky as though to welcome her in.

Then it was time to move again.

A seemingly large building, almost like a round temple in architectural style was to their immediate right, they could just barely make out numerous domes up top around the edges of the roof. The evening light glinted beautifully off of them. Its height was impressive at a good six stories.

The Baron had paused here for a moment, knowing full well the effect. But it was only for a few moments, then he pressed on and expected them to follow without getting too caught up. He moved ahead going to the right of the pillars, each distanced about twenty to thirty feet from each other. Maneuvering them around the perimeter of the temple structure, he came to the front of it. Six more pillars seemed to be lined about thirty feet from it, thirty feet in between each with the exception of the middle two where it seemed more like sixty feet.

Going between those pillars would lead down another street where other buildings and people could be spied operating as any normal person would. Already they would notice differing genders, ages, and species among them. But for now, they were not the aim of their march. Neither was the street that continued to wrap around the temple. No.

Baron Quinn turned them to face the temple building itself. Its full size was on display. Its mostly rounded shape being six stories high and roughly three hundred and fifty feet in diameter. Also on display was its double door entrance. Both doors of solid gold and thick steel frames, whose shine rivaled each other. Standing before them were two guards.

Wasted splendor or placating frivolity to the masses? Dhatra did not know which, but he was not impressed by it, it seemed like something a human and a dwarf dreamt up together.

Steel from head to toe, glowing red eyes, and menacing weapons in their hands of some type that few of them would recognize. Armed golems to prevent looting of the doors? This place was strange, but it was new. If it wasn't strange it would not be worth knowing then would it?

They strode onward through those opening doors from the golems knocks.

Into the magnificently giant chamber within. A long raised dais dominated the center, with a gigantic gold statue of some symbolic king, Warhammer in hand. Four similarly massive columns stood at equal points in the chamber, simulating the corners and keeping the structure secure. Ringed around the edges were smaller dais’ that might have once held statues that were, for one reason or another, removed at an earlier date. The ceiling was one flawless fresco depicting the night sky, subtle depictions of dragons could be seen dotted here or there, and there were two outstretched hands reaching for each other on either end of the exquisite artwork. It must have taken a long time do, with palpable financial backing mixed with clear appreciation of the fine arts.

Quinn marched up the steps to meet with a few other individuals of seemingly high importance, before turning to signal them all to stop before the steps near the center of the chamber.

With that he turned to face the six other people on the dais with him. Including Quinn, there were six men and one woman among them, speaking in quieter yet brisk tones. Each was very notable in their own way, possessing an aura all their own, much like the Baron. Four of the men seemed to have much more intense doubling effects of their edges, whatever that meant.

Taking the word relax and discarding it he slowly walked in a circle of their group, looking around the room as though cataloging everything. The art, the ceiling, the floor, and around them were seven clearly made ‘stations’ for their imminent assessments.

On a small round table not far from one of the giant pillars to their right would be a few odd square objects placed upon it.

Similarly, by the giant pillar to their left would be five colored mats about seven feet long set on the floor all next to each other, ready for who knows what.

Also to their left, between two of the giant pillars, were five more small individual tables each with a single chair before them. A pile of…something…was on each table, waiting for them.

Past that and not far from the left most wall were five thinner pillars that were only about ten feet tall set in a line. They had clearly been set there and not part of the original architectural plan, so it was a station of some sort.

Opposite of all this, to the right, close to that wall was a series of twelve different weights. Clearly a strength evaluation was to be held in that area when they got started.

In the far upper right corner, beyond the giant pillar in that direction was a circular ranged target, or boss, sitting in wait. Looks like anyone with experience with a bow might get to demonstrate their skill shortly. Sadly none of them except maybe the small one would know they knew such things, with a rasp and a hiss as his inspection came to an end he saw the likes beginning to compile. Pointed ears drawn to one another, like sheep. He felt conflicted at that but took his post to wait. For all he knew with the size of an omniverse he might never see anyone from here ever again, so what was the point to know them or squander his meager vitality in idle chatting before a test?

For now, they could simply wait for Baron Quinn and the others to finish their conversation and take it all in.

Tag: Everyone @Master Vo'Un'Var @The Jedi in the Pumas @galactic-vagabond422 @spacelady @greyjedi125 @darthhelinith @Darth_Elu , @Ktala @HanSolo29

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shadow’s Reach

He had decided not to speak, as there was much to think about, given the sudden fantastical revelations regaled by the one Baron Quinn.

Valynor was not comfortable being told that everything he knew before, even though he did not consciously remember it at the moment, memories that would return in time, were nothing more than a figment of the imagination, nothing more than a dream.

How could he allow himself to believe such pronouncements made by a human man he’d just met, in addition to not being able to touch magic for confirmation. What madness had the Sages if the White Tower devised this time?

Still, he walked and pondered as the group moved to their next objective. Even so, there were words uttered by the Baron which had resonated within his being, words he had offered to the diminutive one, Mr. Grimble. Be that as it may, those very words held their weight in gold with the elf, for reasons he could not readily utter or form into intelligible words.

“Out there, the land you dreamed of is likely existing in reality. Or even one better, who knows” Came the Baron’s admonition, which was followed by a simple command.

“Find it.”

Deep within himself, Valynor vowed to himself that he would find the place from whence he’d been born, the place of his memories, the one that resonated with his sutratma, his silver chord. He could almost hear its ethereally delightful music calling to him, he could almost feel himself uplifted by it, himself responding with astral overtones….but, was this all mere….no, he could ill afford to believe such a thing without confirmation, for once a thing was believed…..

The Baron led the group into a room where the glint of an ornate table made of pure silver did manage to catch his interest. The workmanship was quite exquisite, he had to admit. Upon this table, crystal flutes containing a yellow liquid were offered. The liquid elixir was said to restore what spent vitality any may have lost during their transition from the Realm of Dreams. In truth, Valynor did feel himself in need, and so he accepted this offer and allowed himself to imbibe the fortifying drink. Immediately an expression of surprise and satisfaction came over his face, as he experienced and inexplicably familiar taste from the drink.

How fiendishly curious. Certainly this was no coincidence.

Of a truth, Valynor did feel strength returning to him, or was it fatigue fleeing? Did it matter, it was all still one and the same, just viewed from different sides of the mirror.

Feeling somewhat restored, the elf endeavored to pay more attention, especially to the path they were being taken and all the different doors they were simply passing by. Doors, after all, were significant on many levels to Masters of the Arts Arcane. Of course, Valynor’s curiosity was piqued, but he was only a guest, and one with manners besides. He couldn’t simply slip through strange doors in the hopes of finding some wizard’s library.

It was just then that something most strange did in fact occur. A construct most strange did appear before the Baron. Valynor could tell that the Red artifact was indeed a ‘construct’ just by simply looking at it, though he could not at the moment explain how he knew that. He also had positively no idea what a Dalek was, or what form or shape a Supreme Dalek might take.

That it was able to affect speech and communicate with the Baron was incredibly fascinating. Oh, if only he could study the enchantments involved to produce such a thing. Alright, perhaps this place did hold some promise.

After the Red construct concluded its business with the Baron, the group continued to progress. Now they entered a city space, where the streets were made of stone, but this was not the feature that attracted the elf.

The sheer majesty of the evening sky glinted in his eyes, the rays of the yellow-orange light seemed to set his hair afire. Valynor reacted as he looked up and reached out, knowing that there was magic there, but feeling himself too weak to reach it. To experience such a thing was both elating and frustrating all at once.

His only solace was seeing that he had not been the only one to react to this.

Lady Charjra seemed to be having a similar experience.

Once again, Valynor found himself somewhat encouraged. Maybe, just maybe, he could allow himself to believe the Baron’s words without reservation, but then again…no. He could not outwardly remember, but he felt it. There was that one thing about humans.

The next sight to catch his eyes was the sizable Temple Building. Valynor could not readily determine to who the building was dedicated to, however, what he saw next did cause him some distress.

Unliving animated chromatic skeletons grafted with red demon eyes caused him to stop his progress altogether. What were such infernal creatures doing in a place like this? Who could have performed such a tremendous feat of necromancy most foul? Their weapons were black and twisted, beyond all recognition. Clearly these were implements of death and suffering. But the Baron passed by them without sparing them as much as a glance.

Valynor was not of this land, nor did he know who was the Temple raised to honor, so he did the only thing an elf could do. With graceful movements, and without conscious thought, Valynor made a 'Warding Sign of Protection' over himself before proceeding. He would not suffer himself to be cursed.

Upon entering the Temple building, it was the enormity and volume that had taken him in, that and the expansive starry sky painted upon the ceiling, with its two hands reaching one to another. This moved him far more than the gold statue to a Warhammer wielding King. Even the depictions of dragons etched in different places evoked a greater sense of belonging.

But all that would be short lived once the Baron welcomed them to the Evaluation Chamber. There would be seven teams and seven tests. It was all very interesting, except that very little had been revealed. Well, nothing else aside from the seven individuals with significant auras that spoke with the Baron in private.

Notably of the seven, including the Baron, only one was a woman and none was an elf. How very surprising and then again not.

Valynor took a good look around and saw many strange objects and very few things that seemed familiar. Upon seeing the weights, he immediately thought of the Orc, then banished that thought from his mind. There was certainly nothing he could see for the gnome, or for those vested in magic for that matter. How very strange.

There was even a target for archers, should one be found amongst them.

Nearby movement caught the young elf’s attention and he turned in time to face the dark elf.

”You are called Valynor, yes?” She inquired gracefully.

“I am he m’lady.”

“You seem to come from similar realms as myself. Did you discern anything as we progressed?” she asked in a manner that befitted a lady of her station.

“My Lady…” Valynor began, as he offered a respectful bow, then continued.

“My ability to feel magic, much less utilize it, seems to be presently impaired, which is something you are probably already aware of….” Valynor said almost apologizing for overstating the obvious. “However, I could almost feel myself reacting to the evening sky outside this edifice- it was almost as if my Katra would suddenly burst with arcane fire.”

The glint of hope did burn in Valynor’s eyes, but he did not stoke it, not yet at least. There was still much more to learn about Shadow’s Reach.

“Was it the same for you?” He asked with easy charm, as he did see her react as well during that same moment. Out of the corner of his eye, Valynor did furtively glance at the other dark beauty with the silver hair.

Tag: @Ktala, @darthhelinith ( @Darth_Elu, @Mitth_Fisto, @spacelady, @galactic-vagabond422, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @HanSolo29, @Master Vo'Un'Var )

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Charjra Myt'tar
    The Evaluation Chambers

“Was it the same for you?”, Valynor asked Charjra to her question of the sensation she had felt about the coppery skies. She nodded slowly. "Indeed, there seems to be some truth to the Baron's sayings. If that be the case, then I will eagerly wait on the morrow, if not sooner, when we once more feel magics kiss." Charjra noticed that Valynor seemed to have something else catch his attentions. With a polite nod, she turned, and walked away, looking at the testing sites around them.

She finally decided to sit upon the ground, crossing her legs expertly in front of her, her back against one of the pillars while she waited for the Baron to come back to the group. As she did, she watched the Baron speaking with the others. While not in full meditations mode, it allowed her to vitalize her enegies, as her attentions were split between the Baron and his group, and the group she was with.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto, @darthhelinith, @galactic-vagabond422, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @spacelady, @HanSolo29, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @Darth_Elu

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.