main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST GIFTS OF LOVE (Between The Force Awakens and The Rise of Skywalker)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Author: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: G for everyone
    Time Frame: Between The Force Awakens and The Rise of Skywalker
    Characters: Leia Organa
    Summary: Leia remembers the gifts Han gave her during their life together.

GIFTS OF LOVE
    (After The Force Awakens and before The Rise of Skywalker)

Leia Organa Solo slipped quietly through the door of her sleeping quarters shutting out the noise of the Rebel base.

She’d finished her strategy plans and turned them over to the other generals. It was time to rest…a well
    deserved time of rest.

Not raising the dimmed lights, she slowly removed the floor length vest she’d worn since very early that
    morning, folding it over the back of a chair. She was tempted to sit….she was tired…she needed to
    bathe. With all the stress, plans and business of the base, even the everyday routine things became a chore.

Looking at her bed, she mumbled to herself… “No, I’ll rest first… then bathe.”

She walked to her clothes locker, opened it, intending to pull out a nightgown, then thought better of it…
    if there was an emergency, she’d need to be ready…as she was closing the lid a slight sparkle caught her eye.. a small, crystal box nestled by her gowns…smiling to herself, she took the box and sat down on the
    edge of the bed. She caressed the box.. already knowing what was in it, even though she hadn’t looked
    into that box for years, but she always made sure she carried it with her.

The box was solar years old…just like the items within , but Leia’s memory of what they were and
    when she received them hadn’t dimmed.

Opening the box, the first thing that caught her eye was the Alderaani diamond necklace*
    Han had given her when she thought he was continuing his smuggling ventures on the Rebel base.
    She fingered the delicate chain, the diamond moving slightly…reflecting its many colors, even in
    the dim light, bringing to mind her home planet.. this diamond came from the heart of the planet…
    Han never told her how much he’d paid to obtain it.

It took her a moment to remember what the seeds were, but she smiled when she recalled the name;
    an Eden Pixis Mating Plant.* Han had given that to her after they’d had a bad argument on their
    honeymoon. She smiled, remembering the time they took to ’make up’…it was w o n d e r f u l.

Knowing now that Han was dead, she mused to herself that she would love to hear again some
    of those colorful, Corellian swear words which he was so quickly to spout when angry or frustrated.

Fingering the seeds she vowed to someday plant the remaining ones hoping it would grow to the
    glory it once had, but with fighting and moving around so much, there wasn’t an opportunity yet.
    She just hoped the seeds would still grow after all these years when the time came.

The small, brown, dried up, pieces were the remnants of the Snow Pod* Han had brought back
    for her after one of his trips. She didn’t touch them, afraid they would turn to dust. Would she ever
    see another Snow Pod?

One item she did pick up. A Corellian World Crest ring.* Turning it in her hand, she saw the
    crest and decorative etchings had weathered the passing of time very well. Her eyes clouded
    as she remembered when Han had held both of them in his hand, then placed the Corellian
    ring on the third finger of her left hand. They hadn’t exchanged rings at their wedding. Had Han
    kept his ring as well?

These gifts meant so much to her since it wasn’t Han’s habit to give gifts very often.

The last item she lifted carefully. It was a lock of Ben’s baby hair…held together by a tiny
    blue ribbon. She smiled when she remember how he’d cried when she cut off the curl.

Putting the beribboned curl back in the box, she absently placed a hand on her abdomen. There,
    she’d cradled the most precious gift Han had given her…their son Ben.

Thoughts of him never left her mind and she hoped to one day to have their son back like he had been
    before being seduced by the Dark Side.

Leia replaced the box, snuggling it into the soft nightgowns.. then climbed into bed. Closing her eyes
    she remembered the love Han had shown her with each one of the gifts and their life together. She would never know a love like that again.

* Referenced in my story SMUGGLER’S REPUTATION published here.
    * Referenced here in my story WEDDING TRIP published here.
    * Referenced here in my story THE ANTAGONIST published here.
    * Referenced here in my story GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY published here.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Such a poignant look at the small gestures/gifts that Han gave Leia over the years, all full of love. [face_love] And Ben's baby hair!:_|

3. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Jen, thank you for taking the time to read GIFTS OF LOVE. Your
    comments are appreciated and are an encouragement. Lynda V.

4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Wow. That was so beautiful and sweetly sentimental.

But also.....

Ouch. Very ouch. My heart.

5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Cowgirl, Appreciate you taking time to read and comment.
    You are an encouragement. Lynda V.

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Poignant and bittersweet—and someone invisible is slicing onions in this room! :_| Han’s death in TFA hit me hard, especially coming after his bittersweet reunion with Leia; it saddened me that they didn’t get to share much in the way of tenderness on screen. But you packed so much tenderness into this little vignette, in the form of those precious, fragile gifts, each with its own story and each relating to a different stage of their relationship—and, for an even sweeter touch, with each relating to a different one of your stories! It all comes together in this moment of memory. Thanks so much for sharing such a tender, loving vision of Han and Leia with us, in this and in every one of your stories! =D=

Kahara and UltramassiveUbersue like this.
  7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Findswoman, appreciate you taking time to read GIFTS OF LOVE. I've been allowed the opportunity by Jedi Council to post my Star Wars Stories,
    and have enjoyed the comments and encouragement by everyone who reads my stories. I've enjoyed reading other author's stories...Such talent.
    I've written SW fanfiction for many years and hope all who reads will enjoy them.
    Your comments are so very generous and spurs me to think of more story ideas. Guess you can tell I love writing Han and Leia.
    Lynda V.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  8. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    Such a beautiful vignette! Leia has always been a strong person, and I love how you show that her strength here at this point in her life is in being able to remain open to love without being consumed by pain and bitterness. Despite all of her life's tragedy, she always focuses on what there is still left to fight for, and never gives up.

9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Ultra, Appreciate you taking time to read GIFTS OF LOVE. Your comments mean a lot.
    Hope you like the other stories I've posted here, if you choose to read them. Lynda V.

10. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    This was a very sweet story that told a lot in a short space. I really like how Leia treasured the gifts so much that she kept them all this time, which probably would not have been an easy feat during the times she was moving around on military ships for the Rebellion and Resistance. For Han's part, I really liked the notion of him bringing things back for Leia from some of his travels. It shows that even when he was gallivanting around the galaxy, he was still thinking of her and wanting to get her something that would make her happy. I also appreciate how Leia considers Ben the most precious gift Han gave her. Excellent work! =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello Thumper, Appreciate you taking time to read GIFTS OF LOVE. I enjoyed writing it.
    Your comments are valued and encouraging.. Lynda V.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very sweet memories and keepsakes. There is a gentleness and pervasive continued affection and wistfulness in Leia's reflections. =D=

13. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking time to read GIFTS OF LOVE.
    Your comments are appreciated and encouraging. Lynda V.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
    Leia and her memories. Touching. She lost Han and Ben.

15. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello Obi Wan....appreciate you taking time to read Gifts of Love.
    Yes, Leia does have a lot of memories, both good and bad.
    Lynda V.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.