main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Greetings, and a question, if I may...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Xogroroth, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Question if I may: There are sour patch kids, but where are the sour patch parents?

solojones likes this.
  2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but I linked you three areas with multiple boards all dedicated to Star Wars. If you can't find what you're looking for there we certainly can't help you here in the part of the boards with the "Star Wars is Bad, Actually" thread.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    SuperWatto and solojones like this.
  4. Xogroroth

Xogroroth Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2020
    First of all, please don't "dude" me, it's not really polite... :(

Secondly, I checked the three links, 1 for FILM, 1 for TV and 1 for BOOKS.
    In case, sir, you missed it... I want to talk of GENERAL things, not specific related to any of those three links.
    I though I thought, and I apologize as I apparently was not, clear about that.

Thirdly: "Star Wars is Bad, Actually"????
    Where on Earth did I give you this impression?

I just was hoping for a place where people could talk general things about SW, and no, nothing negative, nothing specific (book, game, tv, film).

So, I ask you again, sir: can we have such a space, as I have not found one that fits this bill?

Thank you very much, sir.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It’s “Books, Comics, and Expanded Universe” so if you don’t think it even falls under that last broad umbrella I can’t help you. You should probably browse those forums to try and figure out where your topic makes the most sense; I suspect it’s “Literature,” despite your reservations, though they would probably consider your thread redundant given pre-existing discussions of Star Wars in totality there, just from a casual glance.

I can only tell you for sure it’s not Community. Because our only SW thread (aside from game-specific threads) is that “It’s bad” thread I mentioned.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I've had those Force Unleashed discussions in the Literature forum. You can start a new thread in Literature asking people what they thought of The Force Unleashed. You can ask about canonicity, but don't expect that question to be all that well received. It's canonicity is a long established, dead, and now irrelevant issue with a rather heated past. So tread lightly.

7. Xogroroth

Xogroroth Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2020
    My apologies, sir, I came of a bit harsh, I think, which I didn't mean to.
    I'm quite very autistic (Aspergers), with ADHD, and communication is not my forte.
    I hope you did not feel assaulted in any way...

My autism also makes that i take things literal.
    Sometimes (often actually) TOO literal.
    So, books... is books, period.
    Tv is TV, period.
    Film... etcetera...

Considering my topics, I felt it was nowhere appropriate in the given links.
    As, like I said, my topics are too everywhere (book/tv/film/game..), and thus I asked for a general discussion topic...

Now, sir, one last time I will bother you: considering this information, what do you think is the most appropriate topic for me?
    I ask you, since, obviously, YOU are the right one to ask, seeing you are the Admin.
    And I would be severely disappointed to post in a topic that would not befit my topis.
    In my autistic way, right is right, wrong is wrong, no inbetween.
    Therefore I need to have the right thread, so I do not upset others with things that do not belong.

I may sound as an annoying individual, but that is the last thing I want to do, hence my question, so i avoid annoyance to others in the future...

Thank you, sir.
    Thank you. :)
    I will check this certainly out.

Can i ask you a question here already?
    SW-TFU: do you think it should be considered Canon?
    If so, why?
    If not, why?

As I see it, it was canon since the Empire Strikes Back: Yoda said: the only limit in the Force is you.
    Now, this would indicate that one's idea of possibilities in the Force, is the limit.
    Where Luke failed to lift the X-wing, Yoda had no issues.

Fast forward to TFU, where Starlord/Starkiller does things that are "unimaginable" (get the pun?)...
    He overcame the boundaries that most have: moving an Imperial Star Destroyer?
    Why not?
    Yoda said, it can be done, if you allow yourself to believe you can...

Think books, where some performed feats not even the TFU touched...

I personally do not believe, it is too overpowering, since, well, for one... Yoda himself claimed that.
    And then there are the many books with super Force stunts a plenty...?

Not to mention the ending of The Last Jedi...

Thoughts, my friend? :)

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    As I said, despite your concerns about the groupings being literal, it very much sounds like a Literature topic. If you’re worried, you could PM one of the Literature moderators and ask them if they think your thread is appropriate or if it’s already covered by a different thread.

Incidentally I’m not currently an administrator, but I am trying to help you get to navigating the parts of the forum which might actually want to talk about Star Wars. :p Obviously things in those parts are rather divided up, but consider - this is an entire forum attached to a Star Wars fan website, if the grouping was just a big old Star Wars board it could be unwieldy.

9. Xogroroth

Xogroroth Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2020
    Thank you, I will go there, then.
    Much appreciated, sir.
    Your tag tells me otherwise, so...
    I fully agree.
    Hence I thought a General SW topic with a text saying it is about all that ain't book, tv, film, literature would be a good idea.
    One could make a "Read First" that explains the rules of the thread.
    But that was merely an idea, good sir.

I hope, the SW-TFU question is allowed here?
    If not, would you please be so kind to cut this part out and post it under the suggested Literature thread, with as title:
    "The Force Unleased or not the Force Unleashed: Theory and discussion..." ?
    (A play on To Be or Not to be)

Thank you very much.

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Ramza is a retired admin - hence the emeritus. The title is honorary.

The SW-TFU questions you want answered are best asked by you.

My best advice is to peruse the Welcome New Users, and Lit sections of the forum, get a feel for the place, and see where best your needs will be met.

Although we have a Gaming section to the Community section you are currently in, we’re not really that much into Star Wars anymore. Sacrilegious, you might say, but that’s unfortunately how it is.

Here are some links:
    Welcome New Users:
    https://boards.theforce.net/forums/welcome-new-users.10181/

Literature:
    https://boards.theforce.net/forums/literature.10003/

Ramza likes this.
  11. Xogroroth

Xogroroth Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2020
    Thank you.

Emeritus: I did not know what Emeritus meant, my bad.
    But even Emeritus is still... the title...
    I mean: Admin Emeritus still is Admin, no? ;)
    As Sith (or a Jedi scum :hatred: lol ) you should know that ancienity is important... ;)

If you're no longer into SW... what are you into then?
    This is quite confusing to me, to be honest...

As for the Lit link: I already posted a post there.
    Thank you for that.

12. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Yes Punk, what are you into?

Darth Punk likes this.
  13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    We’re still here because we still enjoy one another’s company. You don’t have to renounce Star Wars to hang here (but it helps).

We have a Fun & Games section you might enjoy. Not much SW there either, but a good place to kill a few brain cells nonetheless:
    https://boards.theforce.net/forums/fun-and-games.10910/

I feel you have plenty of suggestions and links on where to get what you’re looking for.

I’m going to leave this thread open for a few more hours, just in case others here have any more advice to add.

Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck. Swing by for a visit whenever you’re in the area.

14. Xogroroth

Xogroroth Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2020
    I came here for SW.
    What is an SW forum if no one talks about SW?
    Illogical.
    Fascinating, but illogical... (get the pun?) ;)

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    This forum was specifically created to discuss everything BUT Star Wars. If there's a bright center of the universe, you're on the forum that it's farthest from.

16. Xogroroth

Xogroroth Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2020
    And yet, it's called Jedi Council, with the link TheForce.Net?
    How... not that likely? ;)

What would we be without sarcasm... heheheheh...
    I like you already!

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yes but THIS board is JC community. Literally all the rest of the boards are about Star Wars. Go find one of them.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    OK, so I think this thread has ran its course.

@Xogroroth I’m locking it for further comment, but you can still access all the links everyone here have suggested.

Best of luck on your quest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.