main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween sucks

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, it's the year Two thousand and never.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Because all decent Christians should ignore actual humanitarian issues as well as the condition of this world that Jesus commanded us to heal in order to promote "end of days" hysteria, my wife and I decided we need to subscribe to a substantial view on Jesus returning during our life time, because we deserve to be the special, chosen generation.

We are now practicing Montanists. Like any good Montanist, I know Jesus is coming back at the beginning of the third century, because the Roman Empire has been so corrupt these past 200+ years. The evidence that the Messiah will reappear on earth at the end of the 200s is because all true believers can see the New Jerusalem hovering in the sky each morning, waiting to descend. Our wait is almost over. We just have to make it to the third century!

Good enough for Tertullian, good enough for me.

3. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    It's sad watching Arlon descend into madness. He was such a nice kid...

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think there's still hope. Dude just needs to get away from his mama.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah. Started off with pretty decent intentions, but fell into what Jesus warned His followers about how the leaven of the Pharisees would ruin the whole loaf. Meaning: The love of religious legalism will grow to destroy a person's entire ministry. It's pitiful to see somebody who pursued a life based on grace end up filled with so much hatred.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Seriously... Arlol, do you truly believe that your God is this hateful and vengeful? You truly believe that he will destroy the world and those who do not live up to his [ridiculously high] expectations. Your impression of God sounds like a dictator, and I don't buy it.

7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    From my experience in the church, it sounds to me as if Arlon is hearing this from other sources and parroting it back without much understanding of the actual subject matter. Some people tend to view the Bible in a very rigid and legalistic manner which is contrary to what is actually in Scripture in the first place and from what I am reading in Arlon's post, it sounds as if this is what is being taught where he worships and the large chunks about God's grace, mercy, and extreme lenience when it comes to forgiving ALL sins are being totally ignored. If you do hear anything from this post, hear this: God LOVES you. He isn't a cosmic killjoy looking to smite you down over a sin, be it murder, adultery, wearing mixed fibers, or celebrating Halloween. We all sin, the Bible is abundantly clear on that point, but it also states that there is mercy for all who want it and those who continue to berate others over their sins while ignoring their own aren't any better than those they condemn.

I have some free time on my hands today, I think I'll spend some of that time writing up a point by point rebuttal of some of Arlon's statements. PLEASE, do not take his statements as being representative of all of Christianity, his are in the extreme minority and the logic of some of his statements doesn't jive with the rest of Christian belief.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I hope to be alive in the future when unskeptical and unscientific thinking is considered the extreme minority.

9. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Hm. I thought this was a thread where you could post random Halloween-related pics... My bad.

(Where's the cat that's dressed like a snowspeeder?)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/punkboi/punkboi2/main2_ATAT_Dog-Walker.jpg]

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    i remember going to church in the late 90's and every preacher and his dog were talkin up the end times. and then the year 2000 came and went. lol.

11. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I like you.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Those rancid LEFT BEHIND novels got everybody crazy. Or made crazy people with pre-existing conditions even more crazy.

13. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    I know, right?

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Old Testament God is pretty violent towards everyone. He did after all make man like him, look how violent people are.

And we probably will all die anyway, but only beause Earth backlashes on us after abusing it for too long or with some mad war.

15. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Richie, we are also fallible, yet God isn't. Man was made in the image of God. It doesn't say that we are exact replicas.

16. TheModFavorite

TheModFavorite Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2007
    arlon, please let us know if you plan on becoming the next david koresh. thank you in advance.

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Having seen Zas in a devil costume I can tell you that Halloween does in fact not suck. [face_love]

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Pretty much my exact reaction to that post.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Awwww. You'll live.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Stop creepin'.

23. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I really wish Arlon had gone to college. :(

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Get over yourself.

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Eh, it probably would've been Pat Robertson's university anyway. Though at least that's in Virginia.