main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader) in IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Feb 13, 2018.

?

Will Anakin appear in IX?

1. Yes

248 vote(s)
    66.3%
  2. No

126 vote(s)
    33.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Maybe, there's a lot going on in this movie already. :D

2. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Well, say what you like about sticking Hayden in RotJ, and I understand the criticisms, it's at least given the option to use him in this potential way. If it was done well, it might soften the blow of that scene in RotJ, even justify it.

eko32eko7 and moxlox like this.
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Hayden could cameo in other ways too. Force ghost isn't the only way.

Krueger likes this.
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Agreed!

People who spew that much hate can leave the fandom for all I care, and they certainly shouldn't take them into account when deciding where the story will go.

miasma and aprilstarwars73 like this.
  5. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, I think it'd fit way better here than it does in RotJ anyway. Half the reason it bugs us there is because it's altering a movie we all grew up loving, tinkering with it like with the other effects.

But here it'd be part of the original release. If it's necessary in context and doesn't come off as just purely fan-service for the hell of it, I say go for it. Certainly has way more grounds to be fitting now that Palpatine's coming out from behind the curtain.

ChrisLyne and aprilstarwars73 like this.
  6. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    But the group growing up now will be viewing it with Hayden (since 2004), so the whole "movie we all grew up loving" sentiment can't be restrictive ~

It's pretty obvious that Lucas put in his contract with Disney that they can't alter Episodes I - VI or release the original release prints.

Deliveranze and wobbits like this.
  7. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I have no problem with Lucas's versions being the official ones. And I too speculated there would be something established in the Disney agreement preventing changes or remakes.

But no releases of the originals? I hope not. I appreciate Lucas's vision more than much of the viewer base, but with regards to the OT, for me the discarding of the original-originals is the main point of contention with Lucas's approach. Both versions should be available. There is a lot of magic in those original cuts.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    KyleKartan, Lost_Hope and ACDC like this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I do agree that he probably left explicit instructions that Episodes 1 to 6 can never be touched again. However, I really doubt he left the same instructions blocking any sort of release of the OOT. I think that would be silly.

Roosterq and HevyDevy like this.
  9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I think it's something we may see now the Fox buy out is complete.

ACDC likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its fair to say the Lucas special editions is the canon version of the films.

I understand why some may have an issue with the change made to episode 6, but they can easy make it work with Hayden without rubbing it in anyones face that they changed Anakin from old to young.

I still think he may end up as a dark force ghost created by Palpy that appears to Ben, but we will see.

The Legions of Lettow and ACDC like this.
  11. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I don't really care what manner it is that he shows up in, genuine lightside ghost trying to talk Ben down from the ledge, darkside projection from Palpatine messing with Ben, whatever, it's all good if it feels earned and fitting and not just "hey, look, it's Hayden!".

Kinda 50/50 on whether or not it'll actually happen personally, but hey, Palpatine being back came out of left field, so...

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I really can't see a physical appearance from Anakin. However, I do think Anakin will be acknowledged in some way.

13. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    JJ would have to bring Hayden back, without a doubt ~

You can't spout on about wanting to bring films I to IX to a closure, whilst hinting at Anakin in The Force Awakens and putting Skywalker in the title of IX, without an appearance; not to mention Anakin's even mentioned, to an extent, in Luke's monologue of The Rise of Skywalker teaser trailer.

14. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    Not having Hayden would be criminal in my opinion. Hell, we should see Luke, Yoda, Obi and Anakin in some way now considering their big nemesis is back and Rey has most likely learned to communicate with Force Ghosts.. It’s too big of an opportunity and would leave me wanting if they decide not to do it..

15. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    Exactly, Iceko ^_^
    Not to mention the various references to the Prequel Trilogy:
    1. Finn's theme, for example.
    2. The mention of Darth Sidious.
    3. Kylo's reference to Hux about Kamino's cloning system.
    4. The acknowledge of the term "Sith"
    5. Podracing flags
    6. Etc etc etc ...

16. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    You don't wanna over do the force ghost thing really. There is a point where it stops feeling like a special deal and more like they have their own jedi council up in force heaven. And even then perhaps thats explaining too much on force afterlife ;p.

It would be great to see these characters back. But they probably do need to limit themselves on how much they fan or should bring back.

17. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Problem is they have too many people that need to come back... We already know Palps and Luke.. And now have the possibility of Han, Obi, Annakin, Yoda, Snoke, etc... They never should have killed Snoke or Luke so they could bring back a few surprises and it will not seem dumb.

Roosterq and ACDC like this.
  18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I really hope if we do see Anakin, its new footage and not like Kylo having a vision of the Mustafar duel with stock footage from ROTS.

I wonder if JJ is aware that there are people who want to see him.

19. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    I don't really think JJ cares too much if people want to see him. If he thinks it works for the story, he will do it. Personally, I am neutral on it. If it doesn't happen, fine. If it does, I hope they make it work well. If just for Hayden.

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    He's been to the last two Celebrations.
    To me, that implies a reconnection to Lucasfilm. Or it implies his acting career has stalled so badly that he has to resort to signing autographs to make a buck now.

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If HC returns I can see this being kept a secret right up until release, it's said they want a few surprise moments, could that be returning characters?

Glitterstimm, wobbits and Deliveranze like this.
  22. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Anakin in TROS would probably be kept as secret as Maul in SOLO.

Lee_, GunganSlayer and Deliveranze like this.
  23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Well, his last movie, released back in August 2018, had a lot of promotion. He did a lot of interviews and a podcast. That is certainly more publicity he has done in the last couple years. But he has been doing indie-type films since after Jumper and I'm sure SW merchandising and likeness-use keeps some checks rolling. So, I doubt he is crawling into the arms of Disney because he hit rock bottom.

This is probably the most likely scenario. Unless some huge leak happens, we really won't know until someone sees the film.

24. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Wow, so now we're going to put forth the idea that he's out of money and desperate so he showed up to Celebration? One person who has never badmouthed the fans or Star Wars as a whole unlike some of the beloved actors in this franchise? I thought he was there because he played a major part in this saga that just celebrated 40 years recently....

First Kill wasn't his last movie, he had two indie films released this year.

I'd love to see him but I am really trying to temper my wants to keep myself from being disappointed. Nothing says JJ has ever considered Hayden/Anakin as the tie in to the PT especially now that Palps has been rumored to return. For all we know JJ could consider Palps and whatever part C3PO and R2 play as the connective tissue to the PT.

Lee_, GregMcP, KyleKartan and 3 others like this.
  25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its possible hayden was always concerned about going to fan events that he possibly would get booed. but he gave it a shot in 2017 and he alot of people were excited to see him and gave him alot of love.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.