main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Hera Syndulla

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Maythe14thBeWithYou, Jun 16, 2023.

1. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Sabine was already adult by Mandalorian standards, and Ezra, as cynic as it sounds, by becoming Kanan's Padawan turned adult enough to participate in military operations.
    [​IMG]

Watcherwithin likes this.
  2. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    Anywhere is safer than in the midst of a fight.

Most parents would hand their children over to strangers if they knew they would be taken out of the war zone.

But yes, this is a TV show. We can come up many excuses that make us feel comfortable about this. She did have an encounter with Imperial Loyalists. That may put her on edge.

TimeToAbandonShip and Sarge like this.
  3. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Picture of Kanan on the dashboard of the Ghost.

[​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Why is it so blurry. It does make me hopeful we’ll see him in a world between worlds scene

Sproj likes this.
  5. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Because Filoni wanted it to be blurry.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just say his name that’s all I want show

7. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    I want a Hera Syndulla show. But more mature themed like Andor.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Is it just me or is it weird to see a physical photograph being used for that. It makes sense why you’d prefer a physical photo to keep on your dashboard but I’m used to seeing hologram photos of lost loved ones in Star Wars

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was going to say doesn’t Rex and the bad batch both have pictures of their respective crews. But yea those were holographic pictures. Honestly surprised old fashion pictures still exist in Star Wars.

almost everyone I know now doesn’t have pictures. Except for Christmas cards my mom sends out. We have pictures from when we were younger in the early 2000s but everything post like 2010 is digital.

then again I was surprised when the bad batch showed that non hovering boats still existed as well.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    TimeToAbandonShip likes this.
  10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Four episodes in, I'm completely accustomed to it. This is Hera.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    Sproj, Ghost Ryder and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s what great acting can do.

Sproj and Lulu Mars like this.
  12. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yep she has nailed the character, wonderful job.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    I am not sure I agree...leaving him behind won't exactly mean he is safe...
    I think Hera went through enough stuff to know not a lot of places are safe in the galaxy especially when the NR is full of "undercover,, imperial remnants waiting to get some revenge on Kanan Jarrus 's son...
    If she would have had the possibility to leave him with someone trusted maybe... but except Zeb& Kallus I don't really see anyone else at that point (anyone else who isn't already" in the war zone,, at Iast).
    I would have made the same choice and brought him with me not trusting the NR presonnel on Home One to keep him safe in case of trouble...and not trusting HIM to run away trying to join the ghost...he grew up on the Ghost and was born DURING WAR right?
    Birth year is 1BBY, he was born in the middle of a war, as far as I know it is canon he stayed with Hera and they where only separate while she fought in The Battle of JaKKu or I am mistaken?

He is Spectre-7 ..."born to fly like its mother.And, well, we all know What is father was like. "
    I completely agree on Hera's decision to bring him with her and plus... seen as it seems he is definetly fore sensitive he is probably a decisive asset in battle!

I know from our occidental society's point of view this is may be considered " wrong,,
    But believe me, you don't need to be in Star wars Galaxy to have this mindset...I worked with war refugees and ...
    ...an 11 year old is considered an adult in a lot of War torn countries and the concept that wherever you go, whatever you have to face, they will be safer with you because you CAN'T TRUST anyone else to keep them safe and NO PLACE is truly safe ever is strong and understandable...
    EDIT: hope my reply doesn't seem harsh or confrontational :) I just have strong feelings on the topic because life experience! Sorry if I came along as too harsh! The ADHD is strong with me... :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Sarge likes this.
  14. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    I have no idea who Zeb and Kallus are, and I don't know the back story of Jacen or anyone really. So I can't really answer your questions. Even if i did see the animated shows, it doesn't mean that they will stick with it's entire history. I would imagine some things will be changed for the live action show.

But yes, I clearly said she may be worried, and it's easy to come up with reasons for her to take Jacen with her.

ShayaLothal likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s no would about it. Many do so in the real world. Nearly every day. Though often with the hope of being reunited some day.

Sarge and IG-42 like this.
  16. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I'd love to see her in Andor itself, e.g. at the Yavin base during the final arc.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    That's actually very good idea. She is character who could work as Cameo in Andor.

IG-42 likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Andor is the most serious, dramatic, grittiest, most realistic SW we've seen. Hera is a cartoon character. Seems dissonant to me.

19. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Saw Gerrera started as a "cartoon character".

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Don't care for him either.

21. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Nothing about the medium Hera originated from influences what role she could play in Andor

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, one of the most serious, dramatic, grittiest, most realistic SW movies - Rogue One - featured a fish admiral.

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    She literally has Chopper, a droid with a kill count probably only rivaled by R2-D2, babysit him. I'm quite certain Chopper has orders to kill to protect Jacen. Hera's also one of the best pilots the Rebellion ever had and the Ghost has taken more beatings and survived compared to 80% of the Rebel Alliance/New Republic fleet. Just look at what Baylon and Shin did to the NR cruiser. Leaving Jacen on one of those was not an option. No idea if her father Cham is still alive and what that relationship looks like (and how he feels about Jacen's mixed race for that matter).

Zeb, Kallus and Rex weren't around given we haven't seen them. So short of leaving him with "Uncle Hondo" who I wish was making a live action appearance, I'm not sure there were any better or safer options than Hera and Chopper.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    ShayaLothal, Sproj and Foreign32567 like this.
  24. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    And if Cham is still alive, like let's be honest, he isn't babysitter material and is likely in the middle of some new fight somewhere.

Yodaminch likes this.
  25. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Mary Elisabeth Winstead looks fine as Hera.
    ok, judge me.

Aah Fisto likes this.