main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How did Krayt evade Luke's attention after FOTJ

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Invictus, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Gardener Emperors-ideal form of government for a galactic society, it's my avatar after all :).

Given how rich and how well respected the Hapans are and if Allana has her father's prodigious talent for politics and even half of his empathy(though I suspect she will have double his compassion and empathy) than Allana would make perhaps the finest ruler the galaxy ever had. It is depicted as an age of peace and friendship. I can see Allana ruling not to hurt people, but with genuine compassion and grace, bringing people together, and the light of the force shining as bright as ten thousand stars through her. Causing Krayt to shrink and hide away and wait for her to die.

2. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I legitimately doubt Hapes has the sway it does though, after all, its only one Star Cluster. Maybe if Allana ran for GA Chief of State, or ended up being the one to marry Jaina and Jagged's descendants, but Hapes could only be a regional empire on the scale of the original Remnant, probably lesser, I doubt it would have much power beyond that.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hapes was always overblown in the Denningverse.

Nom von Anor, Revanfan1 and Anedon like this.
  4. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Hapes was always overblown, period. And tbh, only just barely stays on the right side of caricature.

Ghost and Anedon like this.
  5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Hapes should've stayed in Courtship of Princess Leia and Tenel Ka should've been only connection to the story. It's overuse in later Legends (particularly since they were suddenly pro-Jedi) really got on my nerves.

Anedon and Ghost like this.
  6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Defenetly agreed.
    Hapes was okay as a small nichee nation with Tenel Ka as the main connection to the main plot.
    It becoming a major galactic power was just silly and overblown,

Nom von Anor likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It did smash Warlord Zsinj on its introduction to Legends, with a fleet large enough to defeat 40 Star Destroyers. At the time Zsinj rules roughly a third of the old Empire.

It was always disproportionately wealthy and powerful for its territory. It was just that we never had a main character on the throne, and the antagonist never made her into his secret lover.

Hapes was never, ever pro-Jedi. Tenel Ka had to often keep the nobility in check. We saw that plenty.

It was merely a theory, but it’s the implied direction of events. If Allana fell and turned on the Jedi the nobility would have fully supported her - right up to the point where they realised the Sith were worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco and PCCViking like this.
  8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The main reason Jacen couldn't make his affair with Tenel Ka public as well as his siring of Allana was precisely becuase of the vicious anti Jedi sentiment of the Hapan nobility. If he did or Tenel Ka did-Tenel Ka was liable to he overthrown in a bloody coup.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Still don´t get that logic given that Jaina was considered a fitting match for Isolder in NJO.

10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Wasn't that due to his mother's scheming? After all she couldn't get Leia so getting the daughter was the next best thing.

Also T'aa Chume never struck me as thinking about the implications or consequences of her schemes.

11. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    tbf a lot that started in NJO, with Luceno of all people

12. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Didn't it begin right in Courtship of Princess Leia? Hapes might not have been on par with either the Empire or the New Republic, but the fact that Leia and Mon Mothma were both so keen to bring it into the fold suggests that its military power was still nothing to sneeze at. If the Empire and New Republic are the only first tier players in the galaxy, I'd have Hapes pegged as just one tier down from them.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Hapans punch well above their weight class becuase of the quality of their fleet and becuase their so rich.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Pre-NJO.

The NR, then the Empire of the Hand, then Hapes, then the Remnant.

Post-NJO.

The GA, the Hapans, Empire and Chiss in the same slot, with the Bothans and Corellians in the third, and the Commenori, Wookiee’s, Fondor, Hutts etc in the fourth.

Post-LotF

The GA in the first, the Hapans, Confederation, Chiss and Empire in the second, and the rest beneath.

Post-FotJ

The GA, then the Empire, then the Hapans and Chiss, then everyone else

To be fair - had the Empire and Confederation allied in LotF, instead of the GA and the Empire, I expect they would have overrun the GA even then, especially after Hapes went independent. But then the Empire and the Confederates would have had the Hapans on their side, so eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Alright can someone explain to me the political benefits of making Jaina solo queen of Hapes?