main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC If You Could Inhabit Anyone in History…

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diggy , May 24, 2023.

1. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Everyone picks famous people. Seems like a lot of extra work and expectations. What about just ordinary non-famous people throughout the ages. There are billions upon billions to choose from.

2. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Would be interesting to relive my own life seen with a new perspective of age.

Mar17swgirl and Sarge like this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    my first thought was actually my great-grandfather, who was a hot air balloonist in world war i and a south american explorer for standard oil in the 20's and 30's, which is not a great look now, but he lived an exciting life.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

My grandpa lived an exciting life which is why I wouldn't want to live his life.... Drafted at 18 into WWII frontlines, this is after living through traveling to California in a model T during the Great Depression as a teen. Grapes of Wrath style.

That's entirely too exciting for me.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  5. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    That was a tv show back in the early 2000s. A 40 year wakes up as his 17 year old self. I think it lasted all of 3 episodes.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That’s why my picks must be in modern times, I’m not dealing with the dark ages.

Master_Lok, solojones and tom like this.
  7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The proto-human who figured out how to start a fire. I'd patent that **** and make billions.

8. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Just go the bathroom before you poof into someone from the past. You'll be set for a few hours of inhabiting fun.

I was just watching a doc on youtube that was basically "would you survive a day in the life of" x person in Rome, Ancient Egypt, history, wherever. And the answer was basically you'd be murdered before lunch, exposed to disease fairly quickly, etc.

9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I don’t want to see your life. [face_rofl]

How about the guy who invented the drum.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    But if you're in someone else's body presumably you're immune to the diseases they're immune to.

So you'd only die of Smallpox.

11. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    It's a great question, but I find it almost paralyzingly complex to contemplate.

First, as touched on above -- length of time? Hours or moments, versus days, weeks, years (I think being a silent powerless observer for years would be hellish)? Think we have to assume you would be given the language skills of the person you are inhabiting, right - so you will understand what they say and what is said to them (if they do)? Also assuming you wouldn't "hear their thoughts", just their spoken words?

Then - for me anyway - the problem I run into right away is how do you begin to narrow this down? You could literally witness ANY great event in human history, from a first person (or second person, if you wanted) perspective? You'd get to almost experience it? I honestly can't begin to choose. I mean, in some way, anything less than a truly historical, epic, hugely significant moment would be a waste, a terrible reflection on the chooser, no?

Rylo Ken likes this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Don't overthink it, just pick someone interesting, or someone who saw something interesting.

13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    You make it sound so easy. But this project is fraught with potential hazards.

14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    William Clark, just to see the country before we burned all these fossil fuels and ruined it. I can't imagine how clean the air must have been.

Sarge and Rylo Ken like this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Probably the stench of all his traveling companions overwhelmed all other sensory inputs.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    [​IMG]

Runjedirun and Rylo Ken like this.
  17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Robert Duvall.
    Yes, I am that disgusting.

18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    What’d THX-1138 do?

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    You would star in The Judge (2014)? You monster.

3sm1r likes this.
  20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    1. Cheops
    2. Jesus
    3. Leonardo DaVinci

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Forget famous people.

What about going back to see shows and live events.

40 years ago today you could see the premier of Return of the Jedi. Why watch a movie at home if you could go back and watch it through someone else’s eyes at the premier?

See a sporting event. Watch Tina and Ike Turner play a gig in 1972. See the Beatles playing clubs in Germany. Check out Haleys comet or a famous asteroid shower. Check out some of these reported devine events like the Miracle of the Sun in Fatima in Portugal. Go to an Amusement Park that’s no longer there. See Stonehenge on the solstice 5,000 years ago. Just listen to an evening of network radio in 1938.

There are so many observational opportunities.

Runjedirun and DarthTunick like this.
  22. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I'd hate to go back in time to try to find out whether Jesus was real and then be disappointed. This is why time travel is impossible: to prevent religions from being debunked.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Julius Caesar or Alexander the Great. Two people who led insanely eventful lives.

24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Is the year 0 when Christ was born or crucified?

I’d go back to the birth. We know it was December 25th. Possible a leap year go mixed up at some point - so I’ll go back a week early and stay through to New Years.

We’ll have our definitive answer. (Also may have film director James Cameron go along as well. It will help word of out finds to be heard.)

Rylo Ken likes this.
  25. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Pliny the Younger to witness the eruption of Vesuvius from a relatively safe distance. Or Pliny the Elder for a slightly better view.