main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Social Imagin-Atrium (All Writers and Role Players, Come on In!)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth_Elu, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Are you questioning me and my motives? o_O

darthbernael likes this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Maybe. [face_mischief]

*teasing* :p

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Crazy, with a dash of insane, and a sprinkle of ‘out-of-my-gourd.’

Stir, blend, shake, or whatever (doesn’t really matter) well and wal-la! You have yourself an Elu!

;)

spacelady and darthbernael like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    [face_beatup]

Yes ma’am!

darthbernael likes this.
  7. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yes, this the welcoming behavior from our higher ups that new people want to see! [face_laugh]

8. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Ah well, they can't contain their enthusiasm, can they?

Darth_Elu and spacelady like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just reminding you lot who's in charge here :p Not that I'm practiced at actually doing that. ;)

Darth_Elu and darthbernael like this.
  10. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    Greetings, I'm interested in playing a RPG on these boards and could use some help with this. I've been lurking a bit on the RPG boards as well to get an idea on how things work over there.

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Welcome. At the top of the thread there is a list of those who are willing and able to do so.

Which reminds me, @Adalia-Durron, could you put me back on the available list, please?

Darth_Elu and KaleeshFett like this.
  12. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Ah, thank you. Not too much experience with RPG's so hopefully this won't turn into a disaster.

13. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Not to worry. Everyone here, and everyone writing in the RPG's have been at the same point you are when we began. That list I mentioned, we all are more than willing to assist anyone that wants to learn and get into the games to do so. That doesn't mean we expect you to be perfect from the start, hell we all do still make mistakes from time to time, we're only human. The reason that list at the start of the thread here is there is that each of us have our stronger interests or pulls, whether Star Wars or other genres, and our own ways of doing things so finding one that fits you best is what is important.

Whether you ask me or another I do wish you well and hope you enjoy the experience as you begin to take part in the stories.

14. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Hmm, reading the list I'm not sure who would be the best fit to help.

One area I know I need improvement in is grammar and overall writing. I've always had bunch of crazy and weird ideas that I've found difficult to put on paper. Good writing is a key ingredient to creating fun scenarios and characters in a RPG after all.

Darth_Elu and Adalia-Durron like this.
  15. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Apologies for taking so long to reply, I had some writing that needed to get finished and posted. Crazy and weird ideas are our bread and butter around here. I, personally have often found that when one comes I save it on a note, if you have a note app on your phone that's one way, or have a notebook around when you think of it. That way when you have more time, you can look it up again and think about it more, think about fleshing it out. That is partially how the game I am being the GM, (Game Master) of right now came about for example.

Writing and grammar can be worked on and many programs that one can use also assist with the grammar or spelling portions, at least. I tend to use Google Docs myself and that one will either highlight or fix a grammar error and if highlighted it offers a solution. That way, even if I tend to write pretty well, I can focus more on the thoughts and feelings I want to be experienced when someone reads one of my posts. And some of it, honestly, is getting into the writing and just practice and repetition as you get more experience.

16. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Much thanks good sir, I appreciate your advice and shall use some of those programs you suggested.

By the way, whoever I choose I take it I should PM them or post on here? I've also been considering just jumping into a game with a character sheet (which I do know I have to PM a gamemaster).

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yes Dear........ o_O
    @Darth_Elu or myself can help you when you have chosen. We can hook you up ;)

I found the 'abbreviations and anagrams' the hardest to get used too. So please if you have an issue, do not hesitate to ask. No one here will judge or laugh, I still have to ask. ;)

18. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Thank you, Adalia. And yes there are a bunch of acronym's. But @KaleeshFett, she is correct, when you decide who you would like assisting she or @Darth_Elu can put you in touch with them.

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Glad to see you taking an interest, @KaleeshFett! :) And thank you to both @darthbernael and @Adalia-Durron for assisting with his initial questions while I was away. :)

If you continue to need any help, just PM away or post here. Both work. ;) While I've been rather busy in RL currently and will be still for a bit of time, PMing for any help with learning the RPF and especially getting connected with a potential master is not a problem at all. So feel free to PM me or Adalia as has already been stated.

I wish you well in your future adventures! ;)

20. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Late reply, but I think I'll hold off from RPG'S for now as work is getting busy and I want to improve my writing.

Very much appreciate all your help and I do intend to still post around these forums, refamilarize myself as it were. I do plan to still role play with you all eventually, so thanks again for all your help.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You improve as you go, trust me. ;) But when you are ready, we will be here for you.

22. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    You weren't going to at least tell me?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I
    I believe @darthbernael felt you were well on your way with RPG and no longer required his assistance. He will, of course, be around if you have further issues, but I am guessing you haven't required his help in sometime which brought him to his decision. ;)

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    RPG and Fan Fic folk are all most welcoming. And chat in the social threads until you're ready to jump in, so folks will have a chance to get to know you & vice versa. Everyone starts somewhere, and we all like new faces! :)

25. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    Hello! My name is Narancia and I was sent here by @darthbernael, glad I can make your acquaintance and meet all of you! :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.