main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming In a grim dark far future there is only war - A thread for Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gamiel, May 23, 2020.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Iron_lord likes this.
  2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Gaunt 8 is soooooo boring. I’m struggling with it. Only on pg 119 after a month.

3. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    The lion's armor is the wrong color. In that. First wore Black not green during the Great crusade and heresy

Edit this is apparently if they came back in M.41. But I think the DA would go back to there original colors if they Lion came back not the Lion changing to green.

Also Azrael would need a new helmet if the Lion came back as he wears Papa Lion's old domepiece, at least the Chapter Masters helm is supposed to be the same helmet but there modelled as completely different styles (which my theory is the wings are the only part of the 40K Lion helm that was part of the original)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  4. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    After a week off due to my friends death I got the urge to start up again.

Also my copy of Mortis came in the mail. Yay, my boy Corswain gets some time to shine in a Siege novel. 1st legion did get a few thousand to Earth, the Corgis and their two packs of Marines can eat corpse starch sandwiches.

mark 3 despoiler squad 1 is cleaned(they are resin, so they have to be soaked in warm soapy water than scrubbed with a old toothbrush or stiff brush to get the stuff that allows them to be taken out of the mold off.

Also have to put on the transfers for some of my other Heresy era guys this week.

Then next week maybe some Cataprhacti terminators with heavy weapons for my dreadwing(as I already have my Knights cenobium as Sword wieldimg termies,) on also have a box of Tartaros terminators that I will eventually do as close combat with lighting claws)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Gamiel likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was thinking of writing something where I use a name-and-nothing-more Chapter and I have decided on the Black Pegasi , I have some thought about them but I don’t have any ideas for their colours. I was thinking their symbol should be black pegasus rampant, but don’t know on what background.

My idea about them are that they are an older Chapter; proud, honourable, and respectable, but their pride, honour and respectability is in many ways their armour since they have gone on bad times and maybe have some problem in their semi-near history; medieval/renaissance Germanic-ish in names and titles.

Any suggestions on their colours? Or other suggestions regarding this concept

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Nice concept. Given that the Black Templars are based on the Teutonic Knights, I would suggest Imperial Fists founder for "Germanic-ish" and maybe white armour?

Gamiel likes this.
  7. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Gamiel,

If you go with white armor just be advised its nearly as much as of a pain to paint as yellow. Surprisingly De best results painting white I have gotten are using a whitish grey citadel paint called celestia grey.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was not planing to paint them, I just plan to use them in a fanfic idea I got, and for that I need their armour colours, which I did not get an idea for.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Oh ok, I thought this was for the minis you got.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    No them I'm doing as the Sons of Jaghatai

11. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Oh purple nice

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any other armour colour suggestions?

Was thinking to have them as unknown daddy and founding, but pre-sixth to really have them old.

Just white feel a bit too little to minimalist, and I think done. Maybe combined with something?

I'm right now doing them in Naggaroth Night with a black wash (I think that's the right term)

13. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Which black are you using for then. Wash. Because of my heresy Dark Angels. I go through nuln oil like its no ones business.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Abbadon Black with lots and lots of water - that's what my cousin used and I'm right now just copying him

15. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009

Yeah, that's a very good recipe for homemade nuln oil.

I have recently started using Eshin grey paint as a base coat for my 30k dark angels. As a pure black is a little bit dark compared to their art work. So to darken it I hit it all over with a black wash. It gives a different tint of black than just straight abaddon black.. I think do progressive dry brush highlights with eshin grey then fenrisian grey(on the highest points.like the helmet, gorgets, and shoulders. Dry brushing is a great way to do highlights if you have shaking hands and takes less time than edge highlighting. Though I will edge highligt the top of the forgets and the knee armor parts where it is a sharp edge too.

Gamiel likes this.
  16. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Halfway through Siege of Terra: Mortis.

Non spoiler review of what I have read so far.

John French(who I had nor read alot from prior) does a very good job balancing a double digit amount of story lines so that your never lost. Its easy to follow along with so many characters. The titan v titan battles(not a spoiler the title of the book is the name of one or the titan legions and the cover is Titan) are pretty easy to follow despite being at a scale I am not used too(I never read Titandeath, which cover Beta Gammon the other big Titan battle). The novel also really delves into the sieges psychological on the soldiers and civilians alike which is very interesting.

Iron_lord and Gamiel like this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "A post made as parody of the 4 Chaos Gods in Warhammer 40k universe transformed into the Anti-Varangian Guard realmn: Khorne as Lam’lar, Nurgle as Rug’fur, Tzeench as Dei’Ena and Slaneesh as Seelkeenesh"

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @anakincol Something that might interest you:

and

[​IMG]

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Finally finished Gaunts Ghost 8. That was a struggle. Least favorite book yet. Interesting new characters just a bitter and boring location that sank me for a month.

Started 9.

Gamiel likes this.
  20. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    I subscribed to white dwarf a month ago and still have not gotten my first issue.

One day we will get lore on what the Rangda were and if it might have played into why the 2nd or the 11th are no more.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Gaunt 9 going so much better. Put 59 pages away today. I also put 50+pgs away of Gaunt 8 last night as it did have a great climax I admit but I was mostly very bored with it the entire month it took me to slog through.

Gamiel likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Think I have decided on white and green (mostly because I like the idea of Iron_Lord's suggestion of white but want something more, and was thinking of using one of the colours of the loyalist legions, as a nod them seemingly being an old chapter and decided upon green because blue, black and red are overused and I’m not certain how good yellow would look) but can't decide in which way to combine white and green
    - white shoulders and arms (with hands), the rest green
    - the same as Masters of Protelus but green instead of blue
    - split colours: left side white, right side green
    - the same as Praetors of Orpheus but green instead of blue

Also, I just want to say that I'm overthinking stuff here, I really do not need to do more with their main colours decided since that was the most important for the role I'm planing

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Probably going to start reading Fabius Bile: Manflayer later tonight as I'm almost finished with my current book. I liked the first two Bile books.

Gamiel likes this.
  24. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Lol, I finally got an issue of white dwarf and its a month behind

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I couldn't find the current one last time I was in town. I'll try again on Wed when I go. We have a local Warhammer store but it normally doesn't open til noon and I tend to hit town early before it gets crowded.