main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom Fans

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Doom Trooper, Jan 22, 2018.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 9

May 18, 2017
    He scared the **** out of me as a kid.

2. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2021
    He scare me too. I like the part when he goes through his secret trap door laughing as Indiana Jones tries to get him.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    He was a great character.

christophero30 likes this.
  4. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    he's like an over the top Bond villain. TOD is almost like a horror movie with action.

5. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    Mola Ram is so good as a villain. I like it when Willie crosses the bridge and screams when she sees him and he just says "Welcome" [face_laugh][face_laugh]

6. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I love the fact that he's the only leader of the villain faction who actually gets to be a major character.

You knew Indy was never going to fight Hitler, or Stalin. Those are real people, their lives are dictated by history, so the best Indy can do is defeat a group of their minions from time to time. But with Mola Ram, Indy (okay, and Shorty and Willie and Captain Blunburrt and his men) gets to actually win not just the battle, but the war. Cut off the head of the snake and burn the entire body, and liberate all their captives.

It makes a nice satisfying victory on a level that you couldn't have had in the other movies.

Sarge and christophero30 like this.
  7. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Plus they get eaten by crocs

Sarge likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
    Which is always satisfying.

9. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    I watch this again recently. I love it so much. One thing I notice is that when they come to Pankot Palace, Indiana is heard shouting "Shorty where's my razor?" - At first you might think that this is just a funny line but it is needed to explain why Indiana does not shave for dinner which he would as a gentleman normally. If he had shaved for the dinner, he wouldn't be able to have the classical unshaven look going to the Temple of Doom shortly afterwards.

10. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I love the "she's not coming. I can't believe I'm not going." line. Then the guy seemingly comes out of the wall tapestry. The whole movie is very dream like.

11. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    This is my favourite still photo of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. I think it just capture the character perfectly in a single shot.

[​IMG]

12. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm curious, does anyone view The Lost World: Jurassic Park in a way similar to Temple of Doom? They're both darker Spielberg follow-ups that are very different and not as universally beloved as their predecessors, which has resulted in a more mixed reception but it still has a passionate fanbase still willing to defend it from criticism. Am I the only one who sees the similarities?

Jediking97 and christophero30 like this.
  13. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I think TOD is way better.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    Jediking97 and paradigmes like this.
  14. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 21, 2021
    Temple of Doom was always my favourite as a kid. I loved the dynamic between Indy, Willy and shortround. Plus the setting was really unique for the series.

15. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Has anyone played the TOD arcade game? It's fun.

16. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    The only game I play recently for Indiana Jones is the Indiana Jones LEGO game, which is quite good.