main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Infinite Possibilities (L/M romance, completed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gabri_Jade, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    LOL, I've spent years dancing, Gabri my dear. If not for weak ankles, I probably would have tried to go professional. ;) I still dance for fun though, constantly :D

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *sighs* You are sooooo lucky, Mara. My best friend took lessons last year, and I was horribly jealous. I'd have gone with her, but we live in different states. Slight problem with the commute. :p She tried to show me some last time we were together, but she had a hard time remembering the steps when she was leading; not to mention that she's left-handed and I'm right-handed. We danced into each other far more than anything else.

Weak ankles...did you ever see Disney's Hercules? Remember when Meg said that? Don't mind me, I have a Disney quote for every occasion. Star Wars and Dilbert quotes too, but that's another story. :p

3. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    *waves hands eagerly* New reader! Hi!
    Wow! I'm REALLY enjoying this story, Gabri_Jade! You have a great gift for writing banter and dialogue that is funny and sweet at the same time. Definitely glad I wandered in here! :D
    Keep it up!
    ~**Kimball**~

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was another great one Gabri! :)

You write Luke and Mara very well. For me they're just about the hardest characters to write. 8-}

5. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Ohhh! Another post! Yay! Great banter, very sharp!

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You're welcome. It's nice to find other writers who find L/M easy to write. I too have a difficult time writing H/L.

Thank you for your comments on my stuff. *blush* I've actually done a heavy edit(big thanks to Herman:) ) on Shackled and gotten rid of the embarrassing character flaws in the beginning.

Marawannabe: Legendary makes me sound so old. Even though I have a son who is almost 20, I'm not old. I don't have any gray hair!

7. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    So sorry Mum, I meant it in the highest regard ;) On the other hand, I'm only 20 and I found an extremely blonde/white hair the other day... It's not gray... I swear... ;)

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Great minds think alike, of course! Hehehe!

(And now that I see you're online, this great mind is thinking you need to haul rear over to the Writer's Resource thread and join the SJRS.)

That's one of my favorite parts of ANH (it is ANH, right? It's been a while.)

I take orders from just one person: Me!

"It's a wonder you're still alive.

Right up there with:

No time to discuss this in committee!

I am not a committee!

Of course they were flirting! That's the only kind of flirting post TLC Mara knows how to do, anyway. ;)

Oh, I'm going to finish it. I just don't know when/ Honestly, Gabri, I think your one of my only close online friends who would hold me to that because your not spoiled. Half my readers know the whole plotline already because I can't keep a secret.

9. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    DarthKimballDreamer: *waves back* Hi! Welcome aboard, Kimball! Happy to have you. And thanks very much. :D

Sara_Kenobi: Thanks! For whatever reasons, I just really relate to Luke and Mara. They're very definitely my favorite characters.

Jaded Skywalker: Thank you! :)

RebelMom: You've edited Shackled Past? I read it here, as a locked thread. Forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong, but you can't edit a locked thread, can you? Where else is it posted, if you don't mind my asking? I'd be interested in reading a re-edited version. By Herman, I imagine you mean Herman Snerd? I was laughing my head off at some of his comments between your story posts on Shackled. He's a bit -- shall we say, eccentric? But funny, and a good L/M writer himself, from what I've read. And legendary doesn't make you sound old at all. Remember that Luke became legendary well before he was 25. ;)

Marawannabe: *taps Mara furtively on the shoulder and whispers* Me too! :eek:

Emmi: (And now that I see you're online, this great mind is thinking you need to haul rear over to the Writer's Resource thread and join the SJRS.)

*shakes head* You're a tenacious little thing, aren't you, Emmi-girl?

That's the only kind of flirting post TLC Mara knows how to do, anyway.

Very true. :)

Rest assured that I shall hold you to SoG, Emmi. I want to see that written. It's far too promising not to be.

As always, thanks for the feedback,everyone!

~Gabri

10. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    *drags in overstuffed chair*

Marawanna, Inez, can I join you?

*waves bowl of m&ms tantalizingly under their noses*

Gabri, I just found this story and I am so enjoying it! I can't wait for more.

I do love L/M stories . . . but even more, sometimes I'm just in the mood for a story that isn't set in a time when everyone's on edge, waiting for a battle to occur, like in NJO stories (even tho those stories are good).

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a story where the characters can relax and enjoy themselves, as here.

That's my 2 cents for today. And now back to RL, unfortunately ;)

astro

11. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    astrowoman: Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a story where the characters can relax and enjoy themselves, as here.

Thank you! :D That's exactly what I was going for -- and ironically, one of the reasons I hesitated to post it. I didn't think anyone would be interested in such a story. It actually started as a backlash against Vector Prime. I like the NJO, but when I first started it, I was mostly just mad that the characters still had no real peace in sight. I thought they deserved a chance to just be ordinary people for a while; so I decided if the profic wouldn't give them that, I would. :p I'm very glad you like it!

~Gabri

12. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Enjoyable stories are good.

I'm sorry I was confusing. I've edited my copy of Shackled, not the locked one. so far the edited version is only posted at the egroup I belong to. If you'd like to read it I can email it. I'll warn you though that it is 236 pages in Word. And yes, I was referring to Herman Snerd and he is a good writer but is bogged down with being an editor in the archives.

so, any estimate as to when the next post is?

13. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm not intimidated by the number of pages; I've read the unabridged version of Les Miserables! :p If you would be so kind as to e-mail Shackled Past, RebelMom, I would love to read the edited version. :) At your convenience; I'm not going anywhere. E-mail address is in my profile.

Next post will be Friday. I'm aiming for around 9 or 10 in the morning, board time. Posts will hopefully be about that time every Monday and Friday. :)

EDIT: It's a shame Herman's so busy; the stories I've read are wonderful. I hope he'll be able to write more sometime.

14. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    He shook his head again. "I don't have to have seen you dance. I've seen the way you fight, the way you handle a lightsaber, the way you move in everyday life. You have...an almost eerie grace I've never seen on anyone else. If you move half as gracefully dancing as you do when we're duelling, I'll never be able to keep up."

Awwwww! That was so sweet! :) And so delightfully oblivious of Luke, too ;) He's a darlin'

I'm glad I found this story Gabri. I love you're dialouge. I'm a sucker for well-paced, fresh dialouge, because it's one of my weaknesses; I don't write a lot of it, and it makes me soooooo jealous :p ;)

Eagerly anticipating a new post. Friday, yes? ;)

15. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Oooh, m&m's... I like your style astrowoman ;)

Sache! Nice to see you here ;)

16. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Sache8: *laughs* Delightfully oblivious just describes Luke, doesn't it? What a great phrase. I'm flattered that you like my dialogue -- it really is a good thing that's going over well; because as I've said, there's plenty more to come. But I wouldn't be jealous if I were you, Sache. Your writing is beautifully atmospheric. You're very good at describing those scenes where words aren't necessary, and that's tricky. :) I'm glad you like my story so far. Next post: tomorrow morning!

--Looks like the chocolate was a good move, astro! ;) :p

~Gabri

17. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Chapter 3

Walking back to his own apartment later that afternoon, Luke pondered the day's events. It had been much more successful than he'd imagined possible. Somewhat to his surprise, Mara had turned out to be a very good teacher. She knew the subject matter thoroughly (he'd mentioned that to her, and she'd snorted scornfully at him. "I had the best training there was to offer, farmboy. Of course I know my stuff.") and was remarkably patient with him, explaining the different types of music and demonstrating basic steps. Even more surprising than that, though, was the fact that he'd honestly had fun, and he thought that Mara had too.

Preoccupied in this way, it took several beeps of the comlink to rouse him. When the sound finally registered, he thumbed it on and answered absently. "Skywalker."

"Hey, kid."

Luke smiled to himself. When they were both old and gray, watching their great-grandchildren play together, he had no doubts that Han would still be calling him 'kid'. It was reassuring, in an odd way.
    "Hey, Han. What's up?"

"Ah, we just got the kids to sleep, and Leia thought it would be nice to have a family dinner; just the three of us."

"Three? Where're Winter and Chewie?"

"Winter's off with some friends, and Chewie decided to do some work on the Falcon."

"He must really trust the Noghri, to be leaving you guys alone like that," Luke observed, coming up to the door of his apartment. He keyed the entry code and went in, flicking on lights as he did so. "It sounds like a great chance to have dinner for two to me. You sure you want me around?"

"Sure we do. Anyway, you know how Leia is. She worries about her baby brother."

Luke snorted, then wondered where along the line he'd picked up that mannerism from Mara. "Just because Jaina was born before Jacen, now Leia thinks she's older too, is that it?"

Han chuckled. "Something like that."

"One of these days we'll find out who really is older, and I plan on really rubbing her nose in it."

"You know, I'd have hated to see what it would have been like if you two had actually grown up together."

Luke had to laugh. "It's a scary prospect, isn't it? Okay, you win. How could I pass up the chance to see my favorite little sister? When do you want me there?"

"Half an hour good?"

"I'll be there."

"Great, kid. And just 'cause I like you, I won't tell Leia what you've been saying about her behind her back."

"All right," Luke said agreeably. "It'd be more fun to tell her to her face anyway."

"Can't wait," Han said with an exaggerated groan. "See you then."

Luke tossed the comlink onto a side table and headed to the 'fresher to make sure he was presentable. Belatedly, he wondered what Mara was doing tonight. They hadn't really discussed it. They'd danced most of the day, with a quick break for an ordered-in lunch -- which had almost disintegrated into a food fight over an already forgotten disagreement -- and when Mara had decided they'd done enough, she'd tossed him out without ceremony, declaring that she was sick of him and he wasn't to show his face until tomorrow. Fairly typical day with Mara.

He stifled a sudden impulse to call her and invite her along. It wasn't his invitation to extend; and Han had specifically said a family dinner. Still, he had a family to have dinner with. Who did Mara have? The only people he thought she might call friend were on the Wild Karrde, far from Coruscant. True, Mara was for the most part a loner; and true, they'd been spending a pretty fair amount of time together in the past two months so she wasn't completely alone, but it suddenly struck Luke that aside from business, he really hadn't seen Mara with anyone but him and his family since Karrde's departure. And he wasn't even sure if she considered them friends, or just an occasional alternative to solitude.

And what exactly did he consider her? He thought about that for several minutes. They had a definite bond in the Force. A remnant of Mara's intense focus on him, courtesy of Palpatine's last command? Perhaps.

18. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    *munch, munch*

That was tasty. Hmmm. . . Luke is thinking about Mara. Is she thinking about him? Guess we have to tune in next time to find out.

Will Han and Leia find out about the dancing lessons?

Can't wait! Great post :D

Astro

19. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    ZZZZZzzzzz....*smells chocolate and popcorn, snaps awake*

Huh? what? popcorn and M&M's!!! And a new post! :D

*talking with mouth full* Mmphh! *chews*

Great posts, Gabri! I agree, our heroes need some relaxation once in a while. ;)

inez

20. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    wow, nice post!

*giggles*

I can't wait to see what the family dinner is like.......if its anything like the dinner that was in my story.......... [face_mischief]

21. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    and when Mara had decided they'd done enough, she'd tossed him out without ceremony, declaring that she was sick of him and he wasn't to show his face until tomorrow. Fairly typical day with Mara.

*giggles* Classic, Gabri, simply classic! Also, lol to the Kid references, I've always thought that Han and Luke had a unique relationship, I'm glad that you're expanding on it, at least a little ;)

Can't wait to see the dinner, you just know that Leia is going to find out something with that lovely "older sister" sense of hers. Awesome job!

22. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    COOL FIC!!!!!!!!!

23. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Oooo, a post! And wow, it's great! I like it a lot! ^^

24. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, maybe not the whole chapter...

but the Luke and Han stuff is irresistable!

Luke smiled to himself. When they were both old and gray, watching their great-grandchildren play together, he had no doubts that Han would still be calling him 'kid'.

*shakes head* Gotta love good ol' Han!

"It sounds like a great chance to have dinner for two to me. You sure you want me around?"

WHY do I love that line so much? I honestly don't know. The way it sounds I guess...perfectly Luke. Strange writer thing, I guess. Anyway, it's great!

"Sure we do. Anyway, you know how Leia is. She worries about her baby brother."

Luke snorted, then wondered where along the line he'd picked up that mannerism from Mara. "Just because Jaina was born before Jacen, now Leia thinks she's older too, is that it?"

Han chuckled. "Something like that."

Heehee!

"One of these days we'll find out who really is older, and I plan on really rubbing her nose in it."

Hehehehe. Go Lukie. Now THAT is the Luke I like to see. You KNOW how crazy I am about Luke and Mara and all their mushy goodness, but sometimes it's refreshing to see Luke and Leia as twins, not as complete strangers like they are in the NJO (because Luke is so dad-blasted worried about Mara's dad-blasted disease that he can't worry about the dad-blasted trouble Leia's got herself into.)

"You know, I'd have hated to see what it would have been like if you two had actually grown up together."

I smell a plot bunny...heeree bunny bunny bunny...

*is attack by a rabid rabbit with fangs that slice*

*wrestles bunny into a fang-proof cage with all the rest of my bunnies*

Luke had to laugh. "It's a scary prospect, isn't it? Okay, you win. How could I pass up the chance to see my favorite little sister? When do you want me there?"

"Half an hour good?"

"I'll be there."

"Great, kid. And just 'cause I like you, I won't tell Leia what you've been saying about her behind her back."

"All right," Luke said agreeably. "It'd be more fun to tell her to her face anyway."

"Can't wait," Han said with an exaggerated groan. "See you then."

I love it! Absolutely marvelous, Gabi-dearest! And I loved Luke's condsideration about his relationship with Mara at the end. Terrific work! I can't wait for more!

-Emmi

25. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    You are so good with dialogue. that was great - It's nice seeing Luke and Han joking with each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.