main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Into Another Day (Qui/Obi AU, Qui-Gon's Diary) Dear Diary Challenge 2008~~Updated 11/15~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've had days like that. :p

Hopefully it won't require another visit to the Healers. Three visits in two days would be pushing it, even for me, though I think my record number of visits in one day is five, but I really don't want to repeat that anytime soon, but I digress.

[face_laugh] Poor Qui-Gon! =D=

2. Teresa

Teresa Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2007
    Poor Qui-Gon. Some days you should just hide under the blankets and pray. Here's hoping that the next days will be less stressful. Then again, the days in question include Obi-Wan, Bruck, and the Jedi Council. Maybe he should just accept that his life will never be entirely peaceful......it's the will of the Force. ;) :D

3. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I have to admit that I've had days like that as well. Actually, this past weekend was one of them! [face_laugh] Cheer up Qui-Gon--it could be worse! ;)

Thank you for the PM. Now, I won't miss anymore updates! [face_dancing]

4. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Ara-gon He can blame you for the broken tooth :p He says that was fully your idea and he wouldn't have broken it if you hadn't put the idea in my head that it was a good idea ;) As far as his undies, he says he's not telling :p Thanks for reading!

Gkilkenny He definitely could use some cheering up! Luckily he has some :D Thanks for reading!

Kelia I know, he really did need one ;) I felt kind of bad for making him have such a bad day but I figured even Jedi have days where things go to the toilet so to speak ;) Thanks for reading!

Cole_Kenobi Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :D It was really hard to keep his character intact while going through such a rough day. As far as Obi-Wan and Bruck, can't really say ;) Not sure who turned in tunics pink, nobody is confessing :p Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR Of course! We all have even Jedi ;) Thanks for reading!

Teresa Maybe he should, he might have less stress if he did :p Thanks for reading!

jedidas3 He would ask how but he doesn't really want to know ;) Thanks for reading!

A/N: Seammaster Grinn belongs to the wonderful and very talented Charmisjess . Please ask her before borrowing him :D If you're interested in where he first appears I urge you to check out And Now For Something Completely Dooku

[b]
    Entry Nine[/b]

I was up at dawn this morning. Instead of going to the gardens, I meditated for a little while in my living room before having breakfast. I felt nice and refreshed and much more prepared for my day afterwards.

My first priority of the morning was going to the Supply level of the Temple to get new clothes, all my tunics being ruined in laundry. Master Grinn is in charge of the cloaks and robes at the Temple. I vividly remember my first time going to see him as a padawan, as he tried to convince my master that black was not the best color for his "ghastly complexion." The memory of this conversation still brings a smile to my face.

I've visited Grinn several times of course, growing up over the years, but this is the first time I've had to request new clothes for myself since becoming a knight.

Our conversation went something like this:
    [i]
    Grinn: "Qui-Gon, wonderful to see you, I was all of a dither when I heard that you had been knighted! "

Myself: "Thank you, Master Grinn."

Grinn: "How fast you've grown up! And now here you are coming to see me for the first time as a Knight! What can I do for you?"

Myself: "Well, there was an accident in laundry and I need new clothes."

Grinn: "Of course, well I do hope you'll take my fashion advice better than that master of yours. I still think a dark blue would emphasize your eyes, and green would look nice on you with your skin tones."

Myself: "I'd be very pleased with whatever is available besides light pink."

Grinn: "Light pink? I assume that's the accident in laundry?" He pointed at my tunic.

Myself: "Yes, Master."

Grinn: "What color preference would you like for your cloaks and tunics?"

Myself: "I think I would like something a little different. Something that would not get ruined in laundry as easily, but still have conservative look and taste."

Grinn: "Then will the colors I suggested suffice?"

Myself: "Yes, Master Grinn, I'm sure those will be fine."

Grinn: "Excellent. At least your master's poor taste in fashion has not rubbed off on you. You should thank the Force for that dear boy, thank the Force! Now here are the tunics you need, dark blue, a light blue, a sage green, and some traditional off white, for those traditional occasions."[/i]

Grinn is a unique personality in the Temple. He's just so?himself. I can't think of the right adjective to describe him. There should be more Jedi like him though.

Since I had gotten up so early, I still had time to be early for my class. As I went through warm up exercises, Obi-Wan arrived earlier than the r

5. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    When I put my hand on his shoulder assuring him I forgave him, I felt a tug from the Force. It felt so right, to have my hand there.

I'm not sure what it means.

I must ponder it in my meditation.

He doesn't need to mediate, I know what it means!!! Can I tell him? :D Please....[face_praying]

Another great post...waiting for the next one.

Is it ready?;)

6. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Yippee, obvisouly I'm excited to were this is going. Ahah. The character of the clothes person was very interesting and likeable, ahah. Dark blue to match his eyes, ahah, luvly. :)

Loved how you had Obi-wan apoligize, very Obi-wan-ish. lol

Can't wait for more! Thanks for the update and the PM!

7. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I love the Qui/Obi mush! Well, prelude to mush anyway. lol. Thanks for writing! I hope to read more soon. :)

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Nice that he sees Obi-Wan differently.:D

When I put my hand on his shoulder assuring him I forgave him, I felt a tug from the Force. It felt so right, to have my hand there.

I'm not sure what it means.

I must ponder it in my meditation.

Yes you do that Qui-Gon but do not ponder too much, and listen to the force this time.[face_thinking]

Great work=D=

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    It felt so right, to have my hand there

Well of course it did!

I hope he will be willing to listen to what the Force has to say about Obi-Wan.

Loved his conversation with Grinn. And I agree, those colors are perfect for Qui =P~ =P~ =P~

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Grinn is a unique personality in the Temple. He's just so?himself. I can't think of the right adjective to describe him. There should be more Jedi like him though.

I can see why Grinn and Jinn would get along. :p

=D=

11. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Ok, ok, I was fully responsible for the broken tooth idea. But I had nothing to do with the door or the colorful undies-er tunics.

I like the Seammaster! He has great taste. Those colors would look nice on Qui.

Nicely done, Obi! Qui! That tug means . . . oh, I'll let him figure it out in his own time.

12. Teresa

Teresa Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2007
    :D It's nice seeing Qui-Gon relaxed and peaceful! I wonder what his meditations will tell him about that connection he feels to Obi-Wan...... will he accept it as the will of the Force, or consider that something is out to get him? Just to be safe though he'd better stock up on pain meds and stuff for an upset stomach! It was sweet to see those two bonding! My thanks for this chapter! :)

13. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Jedidas3 Of course you can't! He has to figure it out on his own you know ;) Alas, I've had a bit of writer's block and travels for awhile, so it wasn't ready, but it is now, and I think I'm just about there with cracking through my blockage. Thanks for reading!

Cole_Kenobi Glad you liked him, I've always been fond of Grinn ;) And I'm glad Obi-Wan is still in character, it's hard to do everything from just one pov :D Thanks for reading!

dimyavie Prelude to mush is a good way to put things, LOL. Thanks for reading!

Gkilkenny Qui-Gon says he always listens to the Force ;) Thanks for reading!

Kelia Of course it did! Everyone seems to know except him ;) He's a bit flustered at this :p Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR Kindred spirits you know :) :p Thanks for reading!

Ara-gon He doesn't really believe that, you know :D LOL, on the tug, of course! Thanks for reading hon!

Teresa Things for an upset stomach? Naw, I don't think he'll be needing any of those :D As far as what the Force will tell him, you'll just have to wait and see ;) Thanks for reading!

[b]

Entry Ten[/b]

It has been a few weeks since I last wrote, hasn't it? Well there's an explanation for that, you see. Sian hid my journal to determine if I actually used it. I mentioned it once in passing to him, knowing well Sian's habits about pranks, and it was miraculously returned, right on my night table where I normally put it as if it had never been missing.

Most curious.

In other news, I had lunch with the Senator from Naboo after my morning class.

We met once at a function when I was a padawan and he was an intern. He has recently won his first term as Senator for the Nubian people and his name is Darius Palpatine. Even then I was impressed with his skill and charisma at weaving through the throng of delegates at that particular function, the name of which escapes me at the current moment.

I dislike being around politics, because politicians almost always feel cold and tainted to some degree, due to the nature of corruption in general in politicians, but it is a necessary part of being a Jedi, unfortunately. Darius, oddly enough, sets off none of the usual warning bells. I'm not sure how that's the case, because there's usually at least a hint of something dark within a politician. However, Darius and I did have an interesting conversation and he was most interested in catching up with what I had been up since taking the trials. He is an interesting person to be around that is for certain.

He invited me to a formal event on his home planet when the quarter is over; evidently the Nubian people are having an important ceremony and he thinks I might benefit from being off Coruscant for awhile. I can't say I disagree with him. I have been home now longer than I ever was as a padawan.

I readily accepted the invitation and he will speak to the Jedi Council personally requesting that I come. I am looking forward to the event, even if it is formal. Naboo is truly a nice place to visit. I've been there a time or two with Master Dooku and I was very impressed by the people there and their culture.

The Living Force is strong there, with their abundance of natural forests and waterfalls.

It will most definitely be a memorable trip.

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

It always amazes me that no one sensed the evil in Palpatine.[face_skull]
    I suppose he certainly kept the lid on his evil ways.:p
    Especailly if Qui-Gon thinks he is alright but then again his Master was Dooku!:oops:

Lovely update.:cool:

15. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    I dislike being around politics, because politicians almost always feel cold and tainted to some degree, due to the nature of corruption in general in politicians, but it is a necessary part of being a Jedi,

Something that he obviously passed down to his Padawan! :D

Nice update...I love how you are setting the stage for the future.

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh now Palpatine has raised his manipulative head.

Most interesting, indeed.

Sian hid my journal to determine if I actually used it

Sian!

[face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

That seems so out of character for him :p

At least he returned it...though I have the sneakiest of feelings he may have peeked at a page or two.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Weeee, just discovered this. Excellent.
    =D= =D= =D=
    More Obi! He's so cute when he's little...:D

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

I readily accepted the invitation and he will speak to the Jedi Council personally requesting that I come. I am looking forward to the event, even if it is formal. Naboo is truly a nice place to visit. I've been there a time or two with Master Dooku and I was very impressed by the people there and their culture.

The Living Force is strong there, with their abundance of natural forests and waterfalls.

It will most definitely be a memorable trip.

This sounded so much like Qui-Gon! [face_love]

=D=

19. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Gkilkenny Well Palpatine is a practiced Sith Lord and they had operated in secrecy for years, but I agree, I was still very surprised that nobody had sensed him :D Palpatine is just that skilled ;) Dooku isn't evil yet, he's still in the Order. He's very much the maverick, but that doesn't make him evil. Thanks for reading :)

jedidas3 Oh of course, like Master, like Padawan :D I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'm having fun, even if it is giving me more trouble than I would like! Thanks for reading, and get to work on Remembrance!

Kelia Yes yes, here comes Palpy! *Cackles* Okay, that sounds like a bad tv show or something :p If he peeked, he swears he was only looking to see if Qui were telling the truth ;) Once he saw it had been written in, he'd close it again, he promises :D Thanks for reading!

Blue_Lightsaber42 I'm glad you like it! Here is more for you :) Thanks for reading! :)

VaderLVR Believe it or not, I've actually had a really tough time making sure things still sound like Qui-Gon even when he's young, but yet not making him sound too old. It's been a lot more challenging than I thought, so I really appreciate it when you tell me it sounds like him! Thanks for reading!

A/N: Many thanks to Starfoozle for her very excellent insights for this entry.

Entry Eleven

On impulse today I went to the crèche.

It's been awhile since I had and I had nothing scheduled on my agenda for this afternoon, and after my morning meditation this morning, I felt prompted to go look in on the younglings, so after class, I washed up and then went to the crèche.

Lucky for me, today was free art exercises. Painting, drawing, modeling clay and the like were in the various hands of the initiates as I arrived. Art always had been one of my favorite activities even as a child.

The Force tugged me along and I found Obi-Wan holed up in a corner, painting and he looked so serious about the whole thing, scrunching up his face in concentration, that it made me smile. He felt me watching him after a few minutes and he looked startled when I asked him to tell me about his painting.

It was the Force, he said.

I had never before considered painting or putting in color what the Force feels like. It was a very interesting concept, and it all came from the young mind of a five-year-old.

It was a very colorful painting. Pinks, Yellows, blues, greens and purples were on one side of the flimsiplast on the other side were dark colors, black, brown and red. The boy was very talented; I could tell that already, that even though it was abstract, he had skill in art.

I asked if he would mind if I joined him and he thought about it for a moment before allowed it, moving a little to give me some space. I felt that sense of rightness again. That's the only other word I can think of to describe how I felt as I set up my own paints and joined in his fun.

I really enjoyed myself this afternoon. I didn't finish the painting, but I promised I'd come back to finish it. I'm really looking forward to it.

After I left, I wandered to the gymnasium to do a little more training on my own. Instead, I ran into Sian, who promptly joined me in the sparring ring and we ended up having a competition to see who could win the most bouts in a row, loser of the most rounds buying dinner out.

I won.

It felt good to win, especially after that last prank he pulled and free food is always a bonus!

After all I am a growing young man.

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What - Qui still growing! [face_laugh]

Loved the joint painting with Obi-Wan. It is right, Qui, it is.

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aww, I love this! [face_love]

Qui needs to pay more attention to that sense of rightness he feels whenever he's around Obi. The two of them painting together was so cute, and I loved Obi's painting. [face_love]

Seeing as how this is AU, and Obi will need a master in 8 years at the latest, does that mean Qui never trains Xanatos? I hope so! [face_praying] He messed everything up! [face_frustrated]

22. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I loved the update. Qui should pay more attention to how he feels around Obi though; they're just so cute together! Anyway, keep writing! :)

23. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Ahah. Free food! Yay! A growing young man, ahah, if he grows any taller he'll be an even more formidable Knight, no wander a five-year-old boy would wait before letting him join him in his paintings lol. :p Love 'lil Obi! He's so cute, love that he's painting the force, I wonder what Qui-gon's painting is of. Hmm...

Awesome update.:)

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved Qui joining Obi for a few hours of painting

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I can sense the bond is already starting to form.

After all I am a growing young man.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved that line, though I can't help but wonder if Qui would feel the same about Sian had he lost the sparring :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    How sweet![face_love] I love the how Qui joined Obi-Wan in painting. The big tall Jedi and the little boy...what a great picture. Great job with this update and I'm working on Remembrance!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.