main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Japanese Trailer - Tons of new footage

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Chris_Fives, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Sar Bandona

Sar Bandona Jedi Padawan

Aug 6, 2013
    I just watched the trailer. I don't recommend watching it if you are spoilerish, it seems to add more 'plotty' pieces. Still, for me it just adds to the hype. December 18 can't come soon enough!

2. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    It feels like we know a lot of story but I'm optimistic that it's a drop in the ocean. There's over two hours of footage we haven't seen. We still have no idea what "the force awakens" even means let alone how it relates to the plot. There's going to be a lot going on to process.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  3. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    If you want to know and be spoiled as to who a certain figure is in the movie-
    Captain Phasma
    If you know which actor is playing this person, then it's not too spoilery, IMO.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    JJ is the king of misdirection so there may be some surprises left. I agree that this particular trailer is more spoilery than the others in regard to one line in it, although, I suspect those lines are from different parts of the film and may be totally unrelated.
    On a related note, I also thought that particular line sounded like the actor you are referring too, but I came to the conclusion that perhaps it wasn't and was dialogue from two different scenes edited together to give us an idea of the story. Again, it could have been edited that way to pull the wool over our eyes.

5. Wally44

Mar 10, 2005

I dunno....I've watched a lot of
    Game of Thrones
    and it totally sounds like
    Lady Brienne of f*ing Tarth
    . I could be wrong though. If I am, it definitely confirms some of the theories of Rey's origins though.

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_thinking] Intriguing...intriguing...

Well, if this is all true, they're definitely doing a great job of keeping us all guessing!

7. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    To me I was surprised that they will show
    the scene with Kylo poiting his sword thingy at Rei in what looks to be the same place that Kylo is approaching the mascot of the Vancouver Canucks (Finn) and where we see Rei crying over what appears to be a body and the video looks weird in that scene on Rei's face

As for the rest it's all coming together to the point where I'm thinking that JJ is very clever or very dumb
    if he's hinting at TFA being a re-hash of ANH and then he shows something really different and original it will be really clever, conversely if all he's shown (Rei being Luke and having another Death Star and a trench run to end the movie and Rei being a "lost" relative of the Skywalkers/Solo clan), is really what this movie will be then that will be disappointing. I'm really getting anxious that TFA will be too similar to ANH.

8. Wally44

Mar 10, 2005
    After watching a few more times, I think I'm wrong about that voice.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    … I know, me too. I just couldn't convince myself to believe that's who it was. Now I'm really confused! But I suppose that's the intent after all!

Less than a month!

Wally44 likes this.
  10. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    ...hard to believe that the film is coming out a few weeks when the title was revealed and the first teaser was released about a year or so ago. So much seems to have happened since then.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  11. Wally44

Mar 10, 2005

It really does sound like
    CP.
    , but now that I've seen the TV promo and heard her say some other things, I think it really is
    Rey.
    That opens a huge can of worms as to who the family is.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  12. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    EXACTLY...

It really throws off all of the things I previously assumed about that character!!

I kind of wonder if
    Rey's accent is made to sound that way
    on purpose, just for the trailer-solely for the purpose of throwing us all off? But I don't know about that, cos JJ did say that there's nothing blatantly deceptive in the trailers...:confused:

[face_hypnotized]

13. Wally44

Mar 10, 2005

I was hoping that we wouldn't have an "I am your father" moment in this trilogy since it's already been done. But if it is done well, then, by all means, lets see it!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  14. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I've decided I'm just going to focus (HARD) on other things for the next month-and just go along for the ride come December 18th. (well, 20th for me-but that's for another thread! ;))

This might stray a little off topic for a sec, but I had a thought:

Anything that we might be assuming/hoping would be revealed, like deaths or anyone being related to another character may not even be seen in TFA, but could be seen instead later on in the ST. It was that way with the OT-we didn't find out about any of that till later episodes. I wonder if there will be anything like that-father/son/family relations and things we'll wonder about being true or not and not knowing for sure till Episode VIII, or even IX until they're later revealed as a twist...I guess that would be cool though-to keep us all guessing.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I hope not. There's no way they could do it better than in the OT, so it would just feel unecessary to me.

Wally44 likes this.
  16. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    To each their own I guess...​

Since we don't really have any idea about the main story, or the characters' motivations, or any other plot details it's hard to formulate any kind of idea about what will happen. All we can do is "that would be cool if" type stuff, based on nothing but personal preferences and ideas brought about from things we've seen/experienced before.​

At any rate, it will be fun to see the final film and be able to see how all the little snippets we've seen in trailers all fit together and what it all really means!​