main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO JC.N GL Gaming Lounge (NUMBAR 2!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Dan, May 9, 2006.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Dan, Aragorn327 and The2ndQuest like this.
  2. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    The Unleashed Project have recreated (and slightly tweaked) a handful of the stages from Sonic Unleashed in the Sonic Generations engine, and released it as a mod for the PC version of Generations. They look fantastic, running at 1080p and 60 fps, in addition to running on a better engine overall, with a better camera and improved control. In the video below, he runs through all of the stages. Obviously, the quick-time events had to be re-imagined as different kinds of reflex challenges to recreate the layout of the stages, as Generations does not have this mechanic. For any PC players with fairly recent hardware who are fans of the modern Sonic gameplay as introduced in Unleashed and continued in Generations, this is a fantastic mod. I should note that this has existed for three years now. I just found out about it now. :p

3. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Hello, friends. jp! Also Sithman, SFL and Aragorn from posts 5 years ago.

Is there a TLDR of that 77 page Connemara missing in Afghanistan thread? That’s so Connemara.

I probably need to talk about blue snaeks on teh force boat until we reach 5000 posts here.

jp-30 likes this.
  4. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  5. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Welp.

I feel sorry for those kids, and I’ll just leave it at that.

I’m going to have to send that to Bib and PB on Facebook.

Good to see you too, jp. Hope everything is good with you and the family. Your kids must be grown adults by now. Making me feel old. :p

6. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I've been asking this around and maybe the Games forum will be able to help:

Does anyone know of a good article online that gives a general overview of in-game transactions and markets in Galaxies and TOR? Especially the sort of player-made products and customization market that existed in the former?

7. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Up.

Again: holy **** I'm not banned!

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    What?! Who moved the statue and broke the seal?

I mean, uh, hey!

9. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I knew sacrificing those old game discs would have consequences...but this. This is truly horrifying.

Life and The2ndQuest like this.
  10. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
  11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Pretty surprising how many people are taking Stadia seriously. OnLive 2.0. It'll fail.

12. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    This article was my first introduction to it. Google's operating budget is not to be trifled with.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Are they planning to magically bring good internet to rural areas and other countries as well? At the very least, it won't have widespread acceptance, and traditional consoles will continue to live on into the foreseeable future. Maybe I'm just having a "get off my lawn" moment, but the idea of streaming fast paced games like fighters and twitchy first-person shooters is a nightmare I don't intend to entertain.

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Eldest turns 18 next week. Youngest just 14, so a while until they're all out of the house.

Hey Bibby. How many kids you got now?

Also, this.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019