main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Jocasta Nu's Coffee House: For All Your OOC Discussion Needs!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, May 10, 2010.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    INFORMATION ON THE MOVE CAN BE FOUND AT THE STICKY AT THE TOP OF EVERY RPF BOARD. WE RECOMMEND YOU GIVE IT A ONCE-OVER.

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Corellia. Who did actually pick the wrong mission?

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Hopefully not the group I'm in. :p

4. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I checked the Introduction Thread for the first time in quite some time.

So . . . Lucidity (Winged), Business is War (Peng), Serials (Sirak) and The Sins of the Past (LordT) and on top the duo projects of Draco and Lukes_Apprentice dealing with Vampires: The Hunter Chroncles and Don´t be afraid of the Dark.

With Steam (Peng), The Solid Flesh (TSG) and After the Rain (LordT) as big maybes.

And the only SW project announced recently is a single, although promising AU The Chosen One (Spy). 2012! Could be the year NSRPF takes over!

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Probably the group I'm in. :p I'm kinda surprised no Selonians were sent to Selonia.

As for NSRPF I agree, this may be their year.

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Aww man, then the NSWRPF becomes mainstream and I'll lose my hipster GM cred.:p

7. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Well I'm torn between Lucidity and my previously-announced Mass Effect game. All the ME fervour is getting to me. But I'll still be in the NSWRPF either way.

8. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Well, I would love to see another Mass Effect game. But I actually would prefer to play in it rather than GM one again and I have a fire for my Vampire Hunter game I just did the OP for, really. And as this is the OCC thread. I tried to be subtle when doing a Mass Effect/Aliens crossover. That Rachni mission did not care about subtle when they did it. They even had the frickin eggs! :p

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So, I wondered where I could begin an OOC discussion about The Forever War. Isn´t it funny that when all the galaxy goes insane a game suddenly has a higher amount of heroic characters? also we might very well all be fighting on the wrong side, I feel I never saw a Jedi versus Sith game with so few Sith :p

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, the Jedi are more sinister here, more mysterious and by any means more cool than usually . . . evil Jedi is kind of the unique selling point here, also I liked it some players did good guys, too. That being said, the Erian versus Saya scene was pure epicness!

12. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Amen to that! I've been following that scene since the very beginning, and it really sets a tone for the game. :) And I really love the Nesron battlefield as well. All these little fights going on. . .now if Terryn could just kill the Slayer. . . :p

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    If we had do a poster for THE FOREVER WAS the "The future, there is none" saying of Saya would totally make the punchline.

Anyway, Nesron I need to catch up on, but I loved the medieval feel of it. All in all this game makes me wish I had more time, it really pains me I have not. Pains me!

________

Speaking of which, first reliable data on IT in Castaways. And it looks like we got a problem :p What else did I expect. I am eager to see how the two groups will do and . . .

The Chapter is called GHOSTS, not GHOST. So Elois will not be the only Ghost we´re gonna see.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I hope YOU guys get the other GHOST! I dont think I can handle another one!!
    :D

15. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Oh c'mon! You got the helpful Jedi Ghost. I bet one of us will soon met a not so friendly restless dead.

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    My bet is . . . on HS29, Mitth, Admiral and spy getting a visit. I already think I got an idea who . . .

17. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I'm scared. :p Maybe by not mentioning anything, Han will be saved. But, then again, it could of been lying. :(

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Let me be the first to say, "I have a bad feeling about this." :p

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Allow me to second that sentiment Solo ;)

Also, Fin, I would love it if someone would give me some feedback on my sith Imbued /Beast characters. If you have the time of course.

20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I´ll just take the time :) also I don´t see a lot to critic, actually. I believe this is one of the characters that grows on the reader, really. Quite a unique Sith.​

Seriously, so far I enjoyed the hell out of "the Pack" or "The Vox" as Draco´s Jedi dubbed them. I loved those Jedi Master battle scenes you did and I love the hive mind and how you tackle it. What I wonder about is actually . . . how will you use him in the more sbutle dialogue heavy scenes? He seems a pretty good and thrilling character for action scenes and battles, but I imagine you will have a hard time icluding him in the plot.​

But . . . when I saw the CS I wondered what the hell you were doing there and by now it is one of my favourite chars in the game. I read every post of yours eagerly awaiting the reaction of the Jedi and how you would perceive the battle.​

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]Okay, that was shockingly lacking of critic. Currently working on that part for dialogue now. Dialogue heavy scenes are about to happen I suspect, and for that I have a few ideas floating around in my head on how to possibly approach them, a big part will be how he will relate to those that are not enemies yet not his Master. So far he has not had to relate. Hopefully something worthy falls out the other end.

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, if you feel you need criticism, the CS did not do the character justice, but I assume that was because you had not fully developed him then. :p Otherwise I´d say keep him going like this! I am looking forward to him.

BTW, hell I wanna see more of the TFW Sith. Lagore and Vibre were a bit different from what I expected. I regret we have not more Sith characters in there. I would love to learn more about the Dark Lord of that time . . .

23. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Actually I liked him so far as the beastly witness of the events unfolding. But I see the challenge for the future, too. We will come up with something, I am sure.

24. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    The TFW Map is awesome. Can you tell us where Nesron lies? I guess is the yellow cross near Celanon? And shouldn't we have an OOC thread?

My holidaYs will be a bit longer I assume, but I will send my bro an update to post ist in my name, so Castaways will soon continue.

25. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Yes, Nesron is were the yellow point is next to Celanon and Junction. Actually not THAT far away from Vjun.