main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: General Chat & Discussion (NOT for Gameplay help / walkthroughs) - CONTAINS PLOT SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jaepee, May 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthApocalypse

DarthApocalypse Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2007
    Guardian w/Blue Saber in KOTOR 1 Guardian/Weapon Master w/Silver Saber in KOTOR 2

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I've played all 3 Jedi classes in KOTOR 1, but I prefer Guardian (blue saber rocks!). In KOTOR 2, I've started with Guardian and played with Jedi Master and Watchman optios later. I like the guardian-master combination more, I think.

3. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I almost always go for Sentinel, and in KOTOR2, Sith Assasin.

EDIT: I've just watched the cancelled DS ending. A shame they cut it because the cutscene that came after it (the flagships bombarding the Starforge) seems to be one of the best in the game.

I think one of the reasons it was cancelled may have been too much difference between male and female plots - first, only female Revan could die, second, male Revan wouldn't get any chance to redeen at the very last moment (unless Bastila appeared as a Force ghost... which would be cheesy).

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    In Kotor 1 I went Guardian with duel sabers, including the crystals available near Yavin. Second game I went Consular/Master and Consular/Weapon Master. Again, duel lightsabers.

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I play all three classes in both games.

6. darth_padawan_padme

darth_padawan_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    I loved the Bastilla/Revan romance and was disappointed in KOTOR II when The Exile/Kreia romance didn't happen... [face_love] [face_laugh] ;) [face_sick]

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  8. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    What group do you all usually use? The other 3 times I've played, I've used Bastilla and Carth most of the time, but I decided to try Jolee and Canderous (aka Canderous and Cantankerous ;) ) this time, and it seems to be working out pretty well.

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    It depends. I used to do the all Jedi party all of the time. The last couple of times I played through, though, it was mostly Carth, Bastila, Jolee, Zalbaar, and HK in various combinations. Usually one Jedi and one blaster in the party. Plus, I like using Jolee and HK when I can for their snarky comments.

10. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Yeah, I was thinking about that combination, but I decided on Canderous instead of HK, because I set up HK the same way I do for Carth (double pistol).

One other thing I'm trying this time is, rather than having Revan use sabers almost all of the time, I'm using pistols (Cassus Fett's maxed out and Heavy Mando) unless absolutely necessary. Probably won't work too well against Malak, but I guess I'll just use sabers on him.

11. Jacen_Solo11

Jacen_Solo11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2003
    Canderous was my favorite sidekick in Knights 1, but I didn't like HAVING to use him in Knights 2.

12. Jacen_Solo11

Jacen_Solo11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2003
    Ok, I need help settling an argument I had with a friend of mine. He is CONVINCED that he remembers being able to train Carth and Mission as Jedi in Knights I if you go the right way with conversations. I believe he has just gotten a massive case of Game Blur between Knights I and II, which can happen very easily. I've been a victim of such blurs numerous times. So...Who is right? I'm ready to swear on my life that you can't train ANYONE as a jedi in Knights I. I had a strategy guide by my side the first time I played through it, and I would think that it would have mentioned SOMETHING about being able to do such a thing. Since it didn't I have to conclude that its not possible in Knights I, only in Knights II. So, I shall let the forum gods settle this one...

13. LordKermit

LordKermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2006
    only in kotor 2 can u train ur companions to be jedi-

14. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Well, I didn't try him with blasters, but after I got rid of the Jedi in the room, I did something even cheaper. Force wave to back him up a bit, followed by 1 adhesive grenade and three damaging grenades. I followed that up with another adhesive grenade and kept with that pattern until he was dead.

15. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    No way.

16. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    The only way to have Carth and Mission as Jedi in KotOR 1 is if you install mods.

17. LordKermit

Jul 3, 2006
    i just use force wave on malak way too easy though

18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I found that using Force Wave on Malak, while doing miniscule amounts of damage to him, will for some reason cause the guy to lifedrain one of the dead Jedi when he reached 80% of his hitpoints rather than when around 40%. But it was really a moot point, since by the time I was done Force Waving him I was out of Force points and would have to Force Breach a captive myself to replenish my energy. So we would make like Jack Sparrow versus Barbossa with neither side able to kill each other until the captives were all gone. And then it was back to medpack spamming for me >_>

19. liambauckham

liambauckham Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    hey gang are any of you able to do me a favour? im looking to get video clips of darth malak and the leviathan. if any of you are able to get hold of the cut scenes which feature malak and the leviathan it would be great. as im currently working on a vid project ive been given a soundtrack to put a quick vid to and i think malak would really suit this song

cheers

20. LordKermit

Jul 3, 2006
    i never ran out of force so all i did was force wave in my opinion way too easy but when running through the game the end was always the same so beating malak with force wave or with a saber didnt bother me as long as i saw the end clip

21. Jedi_Solo

Jedi_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Sorry to be off topic, but does anyone know what music was used in the kotor 2 trailer?

22. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmm speaking of trailers, does anyone remember that one commercial where the guy gets stopped at an airport security checkpoint and the TSA agents pull out a lightsaber from his carry-on and activate it? I think it was for KotOR, but I could be wrong.

23. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    Is there a guide thread on the boards?

24. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, there's another thread here that's more toward in-game help.

If you have a GameSpot, GameFAQs, MP3.com, or TV.com account you can also go here: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=516675

25. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    I've been playing KOTOR since Friday last week since I got a new Vistas computer PC. Im currently at Kasshyyk but might have to head back to Tatooine to do that hidden sidequest that involves Mission and her brother.

The game so far in my experience the story is great but Malak isnt in the game much in the cinema scenes when he's destroying Taris and whatever else is going on in the game.

Cant wait to get my hands on KOTOR II

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.