main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It seems that Gus lives not too far from me! How cool!

Here are some pics of mine:

[image=http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/empire/ecfa7aee.jpg]

[image=http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/empire/Untitled-2_copy.jpg]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    USTommie - 'A Universe of Star Wars Collectables' gives these prices for the original soundtracks (all prices in US dollars. These are for mint condition in the shrinkwrap, so treat them as ballpark figures):

ANH - 30.00
    ESB - 40.00
    ROTJ - 25.00

Now, if you should have the Trilogy Special Edition CD set with bonus Darth Vader-shaped single and all the rest, the book gives a price of 110.00. Hope this helps!

3. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    Fet, thank you very much! That does give me an idea as to what to expect if I do try and sell them. I think they're worth more in sentimental value than that, but thanks again, it is much appreciated!!

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm trying to find information on a Limited Edition Ewok exclusive from Frito-Lay. I believe it's a plush Ewok and fairly large (maybe life sized?). Any info such as possible value, size of Ewok, edition size, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yes, there was a life-size Frito-Lay Ewok. No info on this in 'Universe' but I did find it online.
    Take a look
    here.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Cool! Thanks LAJ. I may have a chance to get my hands on one by the end of the weekend for relatively cheap, so I'm trying to get some sort of history on it so I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about.

7. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Do they make building models? I guess that's what you call them. Kind of like the little cars that you glue together. I know they have lego models, but I would like something more realistic looking. Thank you!!

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    'Universe' lists quite a few model kits. The early kits were made by MPC. Their name changed to MPC/Ertl and then to AMT/Ertl (today's name). The original models have since been reissued. There are quite a few - too many to list. You could try a Google search on the company name or if you say what type of model (ship? character?) I could list what the book has for it.

9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    My vintage land speeder has some yellowing to
    the windshield (A common problem on the vintage LS).

Does anyone know if there is a way to reverse this
    a little?

Are there any repro's that have been made?

I thought about buying a POTF 2 Land speeder, as they
    are super cheap, and seeing if it's windshield would
    fit, but upon looking at the two they aren't the
    same.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Nice rename...wouldn't you know the first query is one I don't know the answer to..so I went hunting. I don't guarantee results, but if you decide to try either of these products I would do it on something plastic that you can afford to throw away if it doesn't work well. Since most of the places that recommended these products were automobile-related sites, you might find them in an auto parts store or that secton of a homeware/DIY-type store.

Plexus

mothers

You could also check rebelscum in the Vintage forum to see if the issue has been raised there.

Other than this I don't really have any ideas.

Edit - when I posted this the Rebelscum forums seemed to be down. They recently converted their forums to new software and I think they have been having teething problems.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum's forum came back too late to edit the last post, but I did a search in the Vintage thread of posts for the last year with the word 'yellowing' as the keyword in the title and body of the post. There were quite a few hits, however, the consensus seemed to be that it is degradation of the plastic and once it starts it really can't be reversed. However, I didn't go more than a few pages into the returned results so you might want to do your own search.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, LAJ_FETT, thanks! You shouldn't have gone through
    so much trouble. I'll try those, do some searching
    and see what I can find. If all else fails, I might
    find one loose on ebay. I'll post my results in here.
    Thanks again! :D

13. Rabid__Wolverine2004

Rabid__Wolverine2004 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2004
    a friend of mine gave me the imperial march but it was done by metallica. i would like to know if this is a real thing they did or a fake.

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Metallica does a great rendition of the Imperial March, as does the group "No Doubt."

15. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    I just bought a modern Tattooine Skiff loose and I have a question, what are all those holes in the upper center part of the skiff for? Any help would be appreciated.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    'Universe' has this listed but no picture. I found some pics online of the boxed skiff but no clues about the holes.

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Mine has the 6 holes in the upper center area of the skiff as well. I don't see that they perform any function at all. The skiff built for the movie must have had these 6 holes, so that is why it was built that way. (Kinda looks like 6 drink holders to me [face_laugh] )

18. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I'm considering getting the Darth Tyranus electronic lightsaber. K*B Toys still has them for $14.99 along with the three bonus figures (all of which I have, though an employee told me I could switch them around if I wanted). So to me that's not a bad deal, I'm just curious to know if anyone has it, and if so, how does it compare to the other electronic lightsabers?

I already have the TPM Qui-Gon Jinn and AOTC Mace Windu sabers, and I liked those.

Thank you! :D

19. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    PM, I already gave you my reccomendation in the Cafe, but I'll do it here as well. It's a solid saber, built as well as any of the other Saga-era blades.

The blade is a little darker than the TPM Maul or POTF2 Vader, but still brighter than your current Mace saber. Sound effects are identical in type and volume to the rest of the early Saga sabers.

It stands up rather well to rough play...and is very fun (if a little different) to fight with.

20. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Ok, which Madine is gonna be the 1, baton in hand or out?

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I have a vintage Cantina (Not the Sears version)that
    is missing it's stickers. I have seen repro stickers
    before on ebay that are for ships mostly. They look
    good, but are obviously made by people at home.

Does anyone have any experience making repro stickers?
    Could you offer any advice? How do they look? Are they
    easy to make?

I know a lot of people cringe using repro anything, but
    for this item I don't mind. It needs the stickers to
    gussie it up. If you've seen this orange monstrosity,
    you know what I mean.

Thanks. (On Madine, I don't care about his Baton, I
    won't buy any figure with that hair-don't)

22. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Thanks, darc.

codemaker, I have no idea what you are talking about. :p

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Juke - I don't know about the repro decals, but I did find you some pictures of what the finished product looked like:

12back

toysrgus

jeditemple

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks LAJ!,

12 back was very helpful. Looks like

a sticker on the bar, another on the table and a

couple on the door. I saw another picture in a

Steve Sansweet book (SW from concept to collectible)

that shows the cantina with a tile floor sticker, but

every other picture I have seen doesn't show it.

Must have been a prototype. I think I'll give it a

shot. Thanks again.

25. r2dee2

r2dee2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 1999
    Those that LAJ FETT listed are great sites. Here are a couple more that might be useful.

Gadders
    Erik